Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
so many rotten chest freezers as coronavirus-slowed utility responses lead to weeks-long hurricane blackouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a crack without a ping. such a sad sight to see. that is our world now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
OKAY MODS, you got my attention

so heres the deal

you can get

or

bill mitchell

the choice is yours:

Moderation Team

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Hot Karl Marx posted:

OKAY MODS, you got my attention

That's not a Dutch oven at all smdh

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

shovelbum posted:

so many rotten chest freezers as coronavirus-slowed utility responses lead to weeks-long hurricane blackouts

extremely northern california voice: just get a generator :smug:

*lives without electricity for 5 weeks during summer because it's windy*

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Being perfectly honest here, I don't know how Daniel Dale has stuck to his gimmick for so long.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Just a fyi, where the warnings are appropriate, this is an absolute pro click.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Newsom expected to close California beaches May 1 because we’re a bunch of spoiled babies

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/29/coronavirus-beaches-closed-california-gavin-newsom/

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Spoondick posted:

extremely northern california voice: just get a generator :smug:

*lives without electricity for 5 weeks during summer because it's windy*

I've been thinking about getting a generator. So far I've talked myself out of it because the contents of my chest freezer cost less than a (nice) generator. It would have to run on a condo balcony, so it'd need to be one of those really quiet hondas, which are over $1k.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

There's touching! They have gloves on, but still! Labor and Industries gonna swoop in.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ryanrs posted:

I've been thinking about getting a generator. So far I've talked myself out of it because the contents of my chest freezer cost less than a (nice) generator. It would have to run on a condo balcony, so it'd need to be one of those really quiet hondas, which are over $1k.

Given what power sippers chest freezers are you can just plan to run it for a few hours during the day, charge up a battery and be good. If you don't open it up when the generator isn't running, it'll stay cold overnight.

Also generator noise depends a lot on the wattage it's run at, so you could get away with a cheaper one.

Of course, that means giving up purposes for it other than charging batteries of portable devices and running the freezer.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1255684044043497472

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Newsom expected to close California beaches May 1 because we’re a bunch of spoiled babies

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/29/coronavirus-beaches-closed-california-gavin-newsom/

Extremely good on top of me not having to go into the office.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

we use a well for water, so no power means no water and boy making GBS threads in a hole in the ground and not washing your hands after isn't as great as your great grandparents made it out to be

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Charlz Guybon posted:

Lol. How dumb can you be. These morons signed this at the end of February

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaneferro/status/1255516512141684738

All aboard the liquidation train :toot:

Pidgin Englishman posted:

That's not a Dutch oven at all smdh

Maybe the masseuse is incredibly horny and up under there right now, just off camera

:crnasickos:

ryanrs posted:

Get a solid structure to baffle and redirect the sound outward, annoy any people on the receiving end of your balcony acoustics.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Spoondick posted:

we use a well for water, so no power means no water and boy making GBS threads in a hole in the ground and not washing your hands after isn't as great as your great grandparents made it out to be

It's called a bucket city boy!

(Buckets are the actual worst and thawing the well is a big reason I don't plan on living anywhere without heat piped in to the block anytime soon.)

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Funion posted:

piece of poo poo

That's on top of this garbage that's going to happen. Going to quickly get behind any mobilization against this

Aha, Dillons Kansas City Style BBQ is behind the opening AstroTurf campaign, I knew it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

This is extremely funny because the theaters have zero leverage here, this is just them acting out of desperation at this point

I'd be shocked if any of the big chains live through covid without massive bailout

trolls world tour made $100 million from online rentals what the fuuuck

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Hurry up Trump and hold some rallies. Just test everyone for entry and give out Lysol to inject in their bums

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Der Meister posted:

trolls world tour made $100 million from online rentals what the fuuuck

captive audience. I don’t expect VOD releases to do as well if the pandemic is over

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

"Where'd everyone in the Villages go?"

DeSantis: :shrug:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

captive audience. I don’t expect VOD releases to do as well if the pandemic is over

I think for kid crap it might

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what is Hot Mess Mom's opinion on the coronavirus?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/ABC7NY/status/1255695914578173952

coke
Jul 12, 2009
Operation Warp Speed and BADAS clinical trials

i can't even

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

eric ciaramella posted:

Her partner is wfh and the kids’ sitter is quarantining so she’s probably one more “Really, a two glass lunch?!?” from a bloodbath

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

i'm not up to date on the games these days. is that an actual NPC?

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

Given what power sippers chest freezers are you can just plan to run it for a few hours during the day, charge up a battery and be good. If you don't open it up when the generator isn't running, it'll stay cold overnight.

Also generator noise depends a lot on the wattage it's run at, so you could get away with a cheaper one.

Of course, that means giving up purposes for it other than charging batteries of portable devices and running the freezer.

It'd be something like a honda eu220i. It has enough power to run a microwave so I at least have hot food. Neighbors in adjoining units would probably also plug in their fridges. But all that stuff is not worth $1200 to me right now, when balanced against the probability of a long-term power outage. I'm in the south peninsula / silicon valley, so we're not high risk.

That said, I certainly haven't regretted doing my earlier prepping, so maybe I should continue?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

eric ciaramella posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

fosborb posted:

i'm not up to date on the games these days. is that an actual NPC?

yeah he's in the vanilla game, he's a gravedigger guy. doesn't have any quests but there's a little lore dialog there if you're into that

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

nobody calling on the phone

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

oxsnard posted:

So does the lava smoke do the trick or do you have to coat ur lungs with the melted rock itself

got to use the lava, along with uBS light, to light aquarium rock in your 10ft acrylic bong filled with bleach.

gone. eradicated. open for business.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Tweet from, the future

https://twitter.com/joeveix/status/1255560390383030273?s=21

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gretaleejackson/status/1253507484305637376?s=19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hehehe :smith:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

LA County now giving away free coronavirus tests to anyone, whether you have symptoms or not

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-29/all-l-a-residents-can-how-get-coronavirus-test-garcetti-says

I went through it last week when I had a fever, it’s trivially easy

keep in mind that the oral swab only has a 2/3 chance of detecting it if you have an infection, so if you have any immunocompromised people to take care of, take the test twice.

I was totally preparing myself for the ruthless cotton swab to the back of the nose\neck but self administered cotton swab is really a nice surprise. i'm booked for a drive through so hopefully its negative. Then i guess an antibodies test (which are NOT free).

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Funion posted:

piece of poo poo

That's on top of this garbage that's going to happen. Going to quickly get behind any mobilization against this

We need a border wall

(california)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There isn't enough storage space on SA's ramshackle servers made of piss and burnt hair for me to fully express how much I loving hate Ellen Degeneres and how that hatred has grown trillions of magnitudes more powerful since she started doing her bullshit from home.