Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

That was the problem yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s why he washed out of the league

Wait, is this what it means when they send you to the minors?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Quiet Feet posted:

Wait, is this what it means when they send you to the minors?

drat...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nfl thread is lit today

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1255561771705929730?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sounds like his eyes are in the best shape of his life.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Lasik fixes colorblindness?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

That does mean, though, that he indeed did not have sex with ALL the minors. Fortunately for them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1255677488849498112?s=19

Ok

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pep Hamilton going from next big coach in making solely by coaching Andrew Luck in college to Colts OC to flushing out of coaching until the XFL came around was a hell of a trip.

I...am not sure what the Chargers see in him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

Pep Hamilton going from next big coach in making solely by coaching Andrew Luck in college to Colts OC to flushing out of coaching until the XFL came around was a hell of a trip.

I think he ran perfectly fine offenses with Luck those teams were just limited by o-line play and their lovely defenses. Really him flushing out of the NFL didn't make that much sense because he's a perfectly fine QB coordinator. I mean look what he did with Cardale Jones.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

You're forgetting his time in Cleveland under noted guru Hue Jackson then coaching up Shae Patterson at the feet of Jim Harbough

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my name is pep and i love to prep! QBs!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're forgetting his time in Cleveland under noted guru Hue Jackson then coaching up Shae Patterson at the feet of Jim Harbough

Patterson was already ruined by the time he got to Harbaugh

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jameis Winston signed a one year contract with the New Orleans Saints on April 28, 2020. Per Field Yates the contract has a base value of $1.1 million including a signing bonus of $148,000. Winston can earn an additional $3.4 million through incentives (details not available at this time).

wow... wtf

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hifi posted:

Jameis Winston signed a one year contract with the New Orleans Saints on April 28, 2020. Per Field Yates the contract has a base value of $1.1 million including a signing bonus of $148,000. Winston can earn an additional $3.4 million through incentives (details not available at this time).

wow... wtf

I'm assuming he got the Lasic too late to actually read the contract before he signed it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Serves him right for being a rapist with bad field vision

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a very talented passer with 40 million dollars is going to the best or second best place for a QB to continue to develop and will compete for a starting job when he is 27 or 28 and still have plenty of time to make another 100 million if it works out. if not then the alternative is that he would be out of the league after one 12 million dollar season on a bad team because of a mediocre showing, and that team would draft the qb to replace him and then he would be seen as crap from hell with no protection from it. not a terrible decision all in all. He raped and should be in prison with Ben Roethlis

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sure, plenty of players take prove it deals on good teams for low money, just not quarterbacks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

a very talented passer with 40 million dollars is going to the best or second best place for a QB to continue to develop and will compete for a starting job when he is 27 or 28 and still have plenty of time to make another 100 million if it works out. if not then the alternative is that he would be out of the league after one 12 million dollar season on a bad team because of a mediocre showing, and that team would draft the qb to replace him and then he would be seen as crap from hell with no protection from it. not a terrible decision all in all. He raped and should be in prison with Ben Roethlis

I agree with all of this but most especially the last sentence

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

I think he ran perfectly fine offenses with Luck those teams were just limited by o-line play and their lovely defenses. Really him flushing out of the NFL didn't make that much sense because he's a perfectly fine QB coordinator. I mean look what he did with Cardale Jones.

Chudzinski was the guru there imo.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1255619616270774272?s=19

some of those releases are just :discourse:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP Andy
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1255846677090635776
Alternatively, the Pats new QB.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Andey no!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I was surprised that they cut instead of trading him until I looked at his contract. Last year of it, $17.5m. Nobody's gonna want that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the bears could have had andy for free and they dealt a 4th rounder and they're paying $21 million for large penis nick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's always been weird to me that for a lot of guys route running just cannot be taught.

I mean Ocho was special either way. But some people are absolute monster athletes but can never get it through their head to stop rounding off routes, or at least make their bodies stop doing it. Or they can't stop themselves from giving clues as to where they're going, etc.

e: I mean I'm sure there are good reasons for this, my brain just doesn't understand them.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 30, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

there's really zero doubt right?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's not a bad contract if he was starting somewhere since it is only one year and zero guaranteed dollars. My guess is that the Bengals were trying to get like a second round pick for him since they insanely overrate their own guys and after the Bears got Foles they had no real market.

He is still a good QB imo. His numbers last year were down from having zero offensive line and basically one decent receiver. He is good enough to get the Pats into the playoffs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

He'd be an upgrade.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd be happy if they signed boring ol' Andy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

me if andy gets the pats to the playoffs: lol tom brady was a system QB

me if andy doesn't get the pays to the playoffs: lol the pats suck

win/win IMO

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

He might be able to get paid more elsewhere. Otherwise it kind of makes perfect sense.

Kalli posted:

I'd be happy if they signed boring ol' Andy

:hmmyes:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

me if andy gets the pats to the playoffs: lol tom brady was a system QB

me if andy doesn't get the pays to the playoffs: lol the pats suck

win/win IMO

:emptyquote:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol this is just Roger Goodell announcing he has enough liquid assets to be good for a while. As soon as things start up, he's collecting every dime of that salary.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Pats winning with Jameis Winston would've been the ultimate gently caress You to Brady's legacy.

Dalton will have to suffice.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

It's always been weird to me that for a lot of guys route running just cannot be taught.

I mean Ocho was special either way. But some people are absolute monster athletes but can never get it through their head to stop rounding off routes, or at least make their bodies stop doing it. Or they can't stop themselves from giving clues as to where they're going, etc.

e: I mean I'm sure there are good reasons for this, my brain just doesn't understand them.

I think it’s a lot of hard work, you have to practice a lot of different things such as the various releases, the speed at which different routes are run, how to chop in and out of cuts, how to not show your hands and tip the ball is coming, and like a hundred other tiny details. People don’t want to do all that work and assume their speed or size can get it done

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Pats sign Andy I’m rooting for 1-15 and for Belichick to be pelted with rotten vegetables on the sideline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Pats sign Andy I’m rooting for 1-15 and for Belichick to be pelted with rotten vegetables on the sideline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeWEpY3ixxU