Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SenPolehanki/status/1255899318210314241
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255901252690608132
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255899375777316865
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255896874466324482
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255866346711265294
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255864000891494400
https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1255839685718544386
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1255874722224410624
https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

How the gently caress is this legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

amazing how westerners continuously get away with horrible false dichotomies about reopen and let people die vs. let them starve, as if extensive contact tracing, universal mask requirements, and testing centers on every block are things that nobody else is doing

Look Buddy, maybe you live in a totalitarian hell scape but here in America we belive in a little thing called. FREEDOM

Like it or leavit!

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How the gently caress is this legal

They white op

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

1. They're chuds

2. this is how it starts by the way

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

:eyepop:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1255931276156174344

Fuckin didn't embed right drat it.

Florida's Surgeon General Scott Rivkees is REMOVED from a #COVID19 press briefing by @GovRonDeSantis
staff right after he stated that we will need to social distance until there is a vaccine, possibly a year or more.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
My mother in Dallas is 72 and keeps telling me she wants coronavirus because she's so miserable and lonely. Unfortunately for her she was equally miserable and lonely before the virus so mostly what's different now is that she can't frivolously shop to make her empty life bearable, lol.

Basically I'm saying that I hope face toucher cat and all other Rona patients itt are all right, pronating, and pushing fluids.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Newest argument I've encountered:

"I have diabetes and had the coronavirus and it wasn't a big deal. So the 60 bodies found in a truck in NYC is fake news. No one is dying of this virus".

:what:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

getting the strong sense that most of these guys can't live near a school

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

1. They're chuds

2. this is how it starts by the way

when does one of these guys open fire

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/who-urgently-investigating-link-between-coronavirus-syndrome-affects-young-kids-n1196411

quote:

LONDON — The World Health Organization is "urgently" investigating a potential link between the coronavirus and Kawasaki syndrome, an illness of unknown cause that primarily affects children under 5.

"We are aware of this newly described syndrome from a number of countries in Europe and potentially a small number of cases in North America," Dr. Adam Finn, chair of the WHO's European Technical Advisory Group, told a news briefing Thursday.
"We are urgently conducting a surveillance study in the United Kingdom to establish what is going on," he added.

Also known as Kawasaki disease, on its website the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention describes Kawasaki syndrome as "acute febrile illness of unknown cause" that "primarily affects children younger than five years of age."

Good thing >5 year olds totally have the capacity to understand social distancing and the act of not touching them for consoling because they're contagious will totally not screw their brains up

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

I'm having an Extremely Bad Brain Day because it's only a matter of time before this devolves into violence and this was directly incited by our big president and/or his cabinet.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

I dunno but Robert Evans made a good analogy that every mass shooting, or particularly violent chud/antifa conflict, or poo poo like this is a spark that raises "the temperature" such as to set fire to the tinderbox that we're sitting on. You can go years and years and years of building tension and having 'sparks' without anything happening but when the right conditions are met blammo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/who-urgently-investigating-link-between-coronavirus-syndrome-affects-young-kids-n1196411

Good thing >5 year olds totally have the capacity to understand social distancing and the act of not touching them for consoling because they're contagious will totally not screw their brains up

It should be known that this was not in the clinical experience of east asian countries, almost like letting a virus spread unmolested in your population creates the risk letting it mutate new and improved symptoms.

if it starts killing children here but not in east asia the 14 words people are going to lose their minds

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1255255653188321282

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Phi230 posted:

I dunno but Robert Evans made a good analogy that every mass shooting, or particularly violent chud/antifa conflict, or poo poo like this is a spark that raises "the temperature" such as to set fire to the tinderbox that we're sitting on. You can go years and years and years of building tension and having 'sparks' without anything happening but when the right conditions are met blammo

chud annealing

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

It should be known that this was not in the clinical experience of east asian countries, almost like letting a virus spread unmolested in your population creates the risk letting it mutate new and improved symptoms

they also managed it so quickly and decisively that they may not have even had cases with the weirder symptoms

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

shovelbum posted:

When you're gonna get evicted/starve tomorrow even a couple of lovely paychecks before poo poo falls apart/relockdowns seems better than your kids dying man

where the gently caress are they going to get even a couple of lovely pay checks from? poo poo was bad before, there are millions more unemployed now, all competing for those minimum wage jobs

at least people don't currently need to worry about eviction
oshit, I think I just realized - chud states are just opening up to be able to evict people, aren't they?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

theyre gonna gun down like thousands of people at a big rally and realize that they face no actual opposition

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

shovelbum posted:

cops are cowards, op, as are chuds

it's the world's most careful game of detente

Apr 7, 2003

Phi230 posted:

GOP orthodoxy is now "governance by Democrats is illegitimate" period, so expect a lot more of this going forward.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Victory Position posted:

cops are cowards, op, as are chuds

it's the world's most careful game of detente

yeah but a lot of these people are straight up insane

mystes
May 31, 2006

Phi230 posted:

It's like the "swiss cheese model" except the holes are being created by shooting the cheese.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the cops are aligned with the nazis?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1255518871953555459

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Sure, the point of that section is that they are themselves running a tiny risk (still zero deaths among those under 20 in Sweden), so infringing their freedom (it might here be useful to consider the many schoolchildren from troubled homes, but I think that is just a rationalization of the social contract) would be collectivizing the problem faced primarily by old/at-risk people.

Again, I can't say that looking at this rationally is anything but extremely cold, but in simple trolley-experiment-instincts I think this is core to the Swedish viewpoint.

lol this is amazing and i would fully support it but it also does sometimes just kill kids so eh.

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

yeah but a lot of these people are straight up insane

and all it takes to knock the dominos over is one

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1255931276156174344

Fuckin didn't embed right drat it.

Florida's Surgeon General Scott Rivkees is REMOVED from a #COVID19 press briefing by @GovRonDeSantis
staff right after he stated that we will need to social distance until there is a vaccine, possibly a year or more.

I think this happened a couple weeks ago. Good to keep reminding folks that it happened though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sir Tonk posted:

wait till I tell you about the people who work forces

Apr 7, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/13/how-us-law-enforcement-is-failing-to-police-itself

nazis have been deliberately and systematically infiltrating police forces for three decades at this point

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

and all it takes to knock the dominos over is one

yeah i mean youd think it would cause backlash but really it would cause them leading pogroms alongside the cops and troops in every major city, air force units striking dem strongholds, etc

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol the unlikely alliance of bad dems and their corporate masters

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

theyre gonna gun down like thousands of people at a big rally and realize that they face no actual opposition

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

GOP orthodoxy is now "governance by Democrats is illegitimate" period, so expect a lot more of this going forward.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

chud annealing

I posted this in the Balkanization thread but its highly relevant here

I keep thinking about a passage from Europe's Tragedy about the prevailing attitudes leading up to the 30 Years War, about how the system of the HRE of having a political minority and political majority both being unsatisfied with the current system but holding on because there's faith in future success for either. But when that faith of future gains breaks down, that's all there was to hold the system together.

Let me see if I can find the exact passage

"The modern democratic state assumes responsibility for implementing decisions once they have been taken by majority vote. The dissenting minority now confront the full power of the state, and if they choose to resist, the situation can descend into violence as there is no legal basis for their failure to comply. . . . The minority continued to confront the majority . . . it was as if the process of decision-making was not yet complete and the majority view remained provisional until accepted by the minority. This situation was clearly problematic, as the dissenters could still hope to reverse unwelcome decisions completely, while the majority could grow frustrated if their opinion remained ignored. Constant postponement of controversial issues might render definitive arrangements impossible. . . . the chances of violence were greatly reduced as long as a compromise remained possible. . . while the Empire's inhabitants fought over the interpretation of the imperial constituion, they did not dispute its existence and it provided the framework within which they eventually made their peace"

Sound familiar?

We're at the point where compromise is impossible, and at least the right is beginning to make the argument that the constitution doesn't matter (remember that Op-ed from that chud law professor?) since they have achieved full power now.

however we're gonna make the 30YW look like sunshine and rainbows

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I want my Trump Bux so what's the easiest way to do my taxes online without getting ripped off?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Strep Vote posted:

My mother in Dallas is 72 and keeps telling me she wants coronavirus because she's so miserable and lonely. Unfortunately for her she was equally miserable and lonely before the virus so mostly what's different now is that she can't frivolously shop to make her empty life bearable, lol.

Basically I'm saying that I hope face toucher cat and all other Rona patients itt are all right, pronating, and pushing fluids.

Thanks, that's really sweet. I'm actually really hurting and it sucks bigly. The craziest thing is my lungs are fine so I'm starting to wonder if I somehow caught Flu 1.0 or something else? My doctor actually is treating covid patients in the hospital and should anything happen we're already working out something now I'm just waiting on my test results and it's annoying.

I'm sorry your mother isn't happy, it seems like a lot of people only found happiness in spending money and that's so crazy to me. I didn't realize it was like that

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Consummate Professional posted:

wait till I tell you about the people who work forces

are they the same that earn crosses?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

stay out of American prison

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Love that we can all now personally review and disregard laws we disagree with now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

Love that we can all now personally review and disregard laws we disagree with now

I mean yeah, that's usually how national collapse happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sir Tonk posted:

When haven't they?