Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

It should be known that this was not in the clinical experience of east asian countries, almost like letting a virus spread unmolested in your population creates the risk letting it mutate new and improved symptoms.

if it starts killing children here but not in east asia the 14 words people are going to lose their minds

if it kills children here its because we let tons of them get infected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

oh yeah, why do they have those anyway i dont think of MA as right wing but i also dk about it i guess

As I recall the voters pathologically switch between parties for governor, although the senators are usually safely Democrat.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bernie Panders posted:

americans are idiots for needing money for food? i don't understand

it sounds like you do understand tho?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

That thread is pretty good

https://twitter.com/BaronVonBork/status/1199600281220243456

(check the date)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the militia movement's been preparing for this sort of confrontation for 30-40 years (although a lot of that was ineffectual, or just a fig leaf for organized crime), but what are they actually going to accomplish with this show of force?

michigan militia was around in the 90s, gearing up for another OKC is my guess

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JUST

NATIONALIZE

IT

ALREADY

gently caress!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
is a reopening a prelude to china war?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

shovelbum posted:

oh yeah, why do they have those anyway i dont think of MA as right wing but i also dk about it i guess

i think its a both sides lib thing, he can't do anything without the dem supermajority signing off on it

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Not that it needs to be said given the number of videos of people having the test done that are around, but seriously the COVID nasopharyngeal swab is the most uncomfortable test I have ever had done to me and I can't recommend enough that all of you idiots stay inside do you don't have to get one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Renaissance Spam posted:

I understand some also burn crosses.

nah pretty sure they earn them

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

cool; well, i have to work and my boss tracks my mouse movement as well as actions over time and can see if i bunch it up instead of steadily working so wha'ts your suggestion for how to make my 4 year old a creative person when im trying to pay the mortgage

and frankly i bet a ton of people have it much worse than i do

aren't you an attorney? why would they track your mouse movement?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

JUST

NATIONALIZE

IT

ALREADY

gently caress!

haha grift machine go brrrr

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

aren't you an attorney? why would they track your mouse movement?
sounds like he's a document review contractor

probably the worst possible job in existence, even worse than the trash pickers in indonesia

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

JUST

NATIONALIZE

IT

ALREADY

gently caress!

Most large employer health plans are straight pass through anyway so I don't even know what the gently caress losses they're covering for

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just set up broadcasting for your mouse cursor (but not clicks) from your gaming pc and play some red alert

Apr 7, 2003

sincx posted:

sounds like he's a document review contractor

probably the worst possible job in existence, even worse than the trash pickers in indonesia

My wife manages the help desk for a big law firm here and she said they have a 'bullpen' of contract document review attorneys who get paid poo poo and have no job security, sounds like a great thing to get in six figures of debt for.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

modern violent ideology is inchoate by design. they don't need a clear goal, you just need to get the temperature high enough for bubbles to start riding.

Mons Hubris posted:

killing people and doing actual terrorism i guess

yeah i guess and that might be their goal but each time they try these shows of force it backfires in their face - in charlottesville in 2017 and since. each time, it buoys these vaguely liberal, national-security associated types moreso than antifa or whatever. i think it's part of a strategy of tension.

Apr 7, 2003

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

yeah i guess and that might be their goal but each time they try these shows of force it backfires in their face - in charlottesville in 2017 and since. each time, it buoys these vaguely liberal, national-security associated types moreso than antifa or whatever. i think it's part of a strategy of tension.

how exactly did charlottesville backfire on them again? they're doing the exact same poo poo three years later.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Not that it needs to be said given the number of videos of people having the test done that are around, but seriously the COVID nasopharyngeal swab is the most uncomfortable test I have ever had done to me and I can't recommend enough that all of you idiots stay inside do you don't have to get one.

isnt it the same as the flu test? 6" q-tip thru the nose into the depths of your head?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

how exactly did charlottesville backfire on them again? they're doing the exact same poo poo three years later.

yeah it seemed to really embolden them, theyre everywhere with rifles now bc it taught them that guns were a magic bullet and even like the most hostile theoretical police wont engage w armed demonstrators

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like storming government buildings and potentially shooting politicians is fundamentally different than something like charlottesville but I'm busy and don't wanna devote too much time to that idea

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'm having an Extremely Bad Brain Day because it's only a matter of time before this devolves into violence and this was directly incited by our big president and/or his cabinet.

Don't forget the media who signal boosts rightwing poo poo all day everyday and the justice dept that has treated rightwing extremists with kid gloves while executing leftwing agitators. Personally we deserve to reap what weve sown.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

re: who ever was saying that states were re-opening because their unemployment funds are running out. Tennessee is on track to run out in 4 months at current levels of unemployment .

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/tennessee-unemployment-fund-could-run-dry-in-four-months-analysis-shows

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

quick rest of world q-

once this all dies down, and the virus is endemic to only the USA and Sweden, we'll just quarantine anyone coming from one of those countries for 14 days right? otherwise everything's pretty much back to normal?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charun posted:

quick rest of world q-

once this all dies down, and the virus is endemic to only the USA and Sweden, we'll just quarantine anyone coming from one of those countries for 14 days right? otherwise everything's pretty much back to normal?

yeah pretty much, its the end of the US on the world stage at all bc all of our military bases will get shut down due to covid

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Work put up an inspirational message.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

shovelbum posted:

There are homeschool kids who do really well, but a lot are turbofuckulated lmao and the ones that do well are like the pet projects of parents trying to prove a point about homeschooling.

The point of preschool is social skills. That kid is a future goon.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Charun posted:

quick rest of world q-

I mean, if you think other countries are going to trust those travelers to maintain quarantine, sure, but given how people are going full idiot over having to grow out their hair an extra quarter-inch while they binge FRIENDS reruns I don't see anyone trusting America ever again (dunno about Sweden though)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

My wife manages the help desk for a big law firm here and she said they have a 'bullpen' of contract document review attorneys who get paid poo poo and have no job security, sounds like a great thing to get in six figures of debt for.

yeah, law school isn't like med school

even if you only get into the worst med school in the country, it's still pretty good, and you'll have a decent job afterwards

unless you get into one of the top 14 law schools (and preferably one of the top 6), your degree will be basically worthless and you should not go to law school at all

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Judakel posted:

The point of preschool is social skills. That kid is a future goon.

I think you'll find that all the socializing you need to develop into a fully functional person is twitch streams and "X OWNS THE LIBS" youtube videos

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

oh there was a new episode of this week in virology yesterday. nice.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sincx posted:

yeah, law school isn't like med school

even if you only get into the worst med school in the country, it's still pretty good, and you'll have a decent job afterwards

unless you get into one of the top 14 law schools (and preferably one of the top 6), your degree will be basically worthless and you should not go to law school at all

i thought you could still go to like the state flagship and then get a job at your dads firm who is a prominent lawyer in x state and went to the state flagship as did his father before him and so on

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

shovelbum posted:

i thought you could still go to like the state flagship and then get a job at your dads firm who is a prominent lawyer in x state and went to the state flagship as did his father before him and so on

well yeah

if you're already rich none of the rules apply to your kids, duh

see, e.g., d.j. trump, j.c. kushner.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just read about maritime law. You can re good then.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
so to sum up coronavirus:

its not some hell disease we just see weird symptoms bc we let so many people get it
we dont know enough about it to make any like novel decisions or strategies work
a brief but total lockdown plus track/trace and some social distancing thereafter stops it in its tracks the same as any normal plague
the US refuses to do anything that actually works and is instead trying two really dumb partisan strategies, with the right wing one even dumber than the Dem one at face value, but actually smarter than any other approach if you want to push a right wing agenda

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holy gently caress

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

shovelbum posted:

so to sum up coronavirus:

its not some hell disease we just see weird symptoms bc we let so many people get it
we dont know enough about it to make any like novel decisions or strategies work
a brief but total lockdown plus track/trace and some social distancing thereafter stops it in its tracks the same as any normal plague
the US refuses to do anything that actually works and is instead trying two really dumb partisan strategies, with the right wing one even dumber than the Dem one at face value, but actually smarter than any other approach if you want to push a right wing agenda

"How can we use this to simultaneously kill poor people while blaming it on foreigners to scare our voting demographic for November" is a tried and true GOP strategy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

JUST

NATIONALIZE

IT

ALREADY

gently caress!

it’s incredible

why do they get a profit . whyyyytttyt what is the point

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArmZ posted:

haha grift machine go brrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

shovelbum posted:

yeah pretty much, its the end of the US on the world stage at all bc all of our military bases will get shut down due to covid

i forgot about all those bases - yeah we'll def have to get rid of them - either that, or they'll have to set up a foreign legion that never actually goes to the US