Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I was trying to make a cute reference to "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" arguments, but I probably should have been clearer. :v:

Oh no I got that, but I still like pointing out how gruesome that is. Also I'm pretty sure All Might straight up murders someone in the first movie.

M_Gargantua posted:

I still have it in my head, i'm not sure where from, that he punched his head down into his chest cavity like some Goomba death sprite.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh no I got that, but I still like pointing out how gruesome that is. Also I'm pretty sure All Might straight up murders someone in the first movie.

That movie had a handful of explosions you weren't supposed to think to much about. Like in the Incredibles, when the children go on a murder spree against a small army.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
In the Incredibles the Liberation Army are the heroes, so those kills are A-OK.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

oh jay posted:

That movie had a handful of explosions you weren't supposed to think to much about. Like in the Incredibles, when the children go on a murder spree against a small army.

When he flies through that helicopter that then explodes right after, the pilot is never seen again.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TheHan posted:

In the Incredibles the Liberation Army are the heroes, so those kills are A-OK.

That's not really the point of either of the Incredibles movies, in fact I'd argue that whatever statement MHA is actually trying to make is potentially very close to what the Incredibles was trying to say and also what the X-Men often is reaching for.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
important

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1255800885952655363?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah I see, gyaru socks.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder if there's a tailor out there that makes clothing for people with quirks that add in extra appendages/animal traits/bulk so they can wear them comfortably

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder if there's a tailor out there that makes clothing for people with quirks that add in extra appendages/animal traits/bulk so they can wear them comfortably

Wasn’t that ReDestro’s company?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Someone out there has to make Shoji's outfits otherwise he'd be wearing nothing but tank tops every single day.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Agronox posted:

Wasn’t that ReDestro’s company?

They helped design Bakugo and Ochako's hero outfits, at the very least, and I don't remember if anything was mentioned when it was brought up in Vigilantes

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Redestro's company does indeed do clothing and such for cases like that. When we were introduced to him, they showed a commercial of various outfits that were adapted for an assortment of quirks. His suit in particular is designed to stretch and expand with him.
They were pivoting/expanding into the hero market which had some slight pushback

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vinylshadow posted:

One of the things mentioned on Ojirou's omake page he got in a volume way long ago is that customized clothing is basically the norm for MHA's universe. Most stores will apparently customize clothes for muties on request.

Redestro's company specializes in this, particularly in support gear for people who need more specialized needs rather than just shirts for people with multiple arms and stuff like that.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Do metamorphic quirks manifest at birth or early childhood? Did Wash's mom give birth to a washing machine or coming home to find her 1st grader transformed into a washing machine?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Nonexistence posted:

Do metamorphic quirks manifest at birth or early childhood? Did Wash's mom give birth to a washing machine or coming home to find her 1st grader transformed into a washing machine?

I think he's just a guy in a costume who's really dedicated to the bit.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah obviously the washing machine is a suit, don't be ridiculous. His true form is a pile of wet clothes.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

imo he should change his handle to Hornikoshi

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Horikoshi will kill Present Mic so that Mirko has an excuse to become a teacher at UA so he can draw her lots.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Don't need to open up any of the main casts slot's to make her the PE teacher

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The more teachers he kills, the more classes Horikoshi gets to draw her teaching

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

M_Gargantua posted:

Don't need to open up any of the main casts slot's to make her the PE teacher

the class is crippled for life after the first session of recess except for Mineta who dies of blood loss (from nosebleeds)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mirko Hero Academia

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Fabricated posted:

One of the things mentioned on Ojirou's omake page he got in a volume way long ago is that customized clothing is basically the norm for MHA's universe. Most stores will apparently customize clothes for muties on request.

This does mean that Deku's weird T-shirts are a deliberate fashion choice by him

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

the class is crippled for life after the first session of recess except for Mineta who dies of blood loss (from nosebleeds)

His High/Lomg-jump records broke new ground though

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Crasical posted:

This does mean that Deku's weird T-shirts are a deliberate fashion choice by him

That or his mum, Deku seems like he might still let her buy most of his stuff.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

A Sometimes Food posted:

That or his mum, Deku seems like he might still let her buy most of his stuff.

Look, he's not very fashion conscious so she has those clothes so he remembers what is meant to go with what. If she didn't do that he'd just wear All Might themed clothing everywhere in every wheather and get super sick.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i dunno, that hoodie he wears during the fight with gentle is pretty snappy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Oxxidation posted:

i dunno, that hoodie he wears during the fight with gentle is pretty snappy
His mom also bought him that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Lord_Magmar posted:

Look, he's not very fashion conscious so she has those clothes so he remembers what is meant to go with what. If she didn't do that he'd just wear All Might themed clothing everywhere in every wheather and get super sick.

Those All Might hoodies Koichi wears look super comfy though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know, I would not be surprised if Inko used All Might's name as a way for toddler!Deku to eat his veggies/use the potty/do chores/etc etc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Junpei posted:

You know, I would not be surprised if Inko used All Might's name as a way for toddler!Deku to eat his veggies/use the potty/do chores/etc etc.

Heck All Might probably did PSA commercials for stuff like that.

Imagine the Pee-wee drug commercial but with All Might

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFnc_eV4Lg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

Heck All Might probably did PSA commercials for stuff like that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New sketch:
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1257367406072266755?s=20

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Who are these characters that aren't Mirko? :confused:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Who are these characters that aren't Mirko? :confused:
The one on the right is Froppy! I think the girl on the left is her girlfriend. The one with the floaty powers.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Mirko is good, but so are cute Ochakos.

What's the theme here? Looks like school uniform versions of their hero costumes. Summer uniforms?

e: I've always wondered if Ida's tin can suit of armor had like... air conditioning or something.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shere posted:

Mirko is good, but so are cute Ochakos.

What's the theme here? Looks like school uniform versions of their hero costumes. Summer uniforms?

e: I've always wondered if Ida's tin can suit of armor had like... air conditioning or something.

Yeah he just hooks up an accessory belt to his engine to run an AC Compressor.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers Showing Up: Basically those_chosen_by_the_planet.mp3

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm reading the free chapters on MangaPlus, and goddamn Nighteye sucks so bad. From that weird tickle torture with Bubble Girl, to him not seeing what All Might saw in Midoriya, to him telling Midoriya off for thinking of saving the abused little girl from Overhaul.

From what I gather, he never even acknowledged what Deku's done right up to his death, right? What was even the point of his character, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To show a little bit more about All Might and the prophecy of his death.

That's about it.

E: Also how likely do you think it is that Mirko gets a decent part in the next movie what with her popularity now?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 8, 2020