Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ideology is amazingly important for spirit and lol

haha the Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Often Abbreviated posted:

It's white nationalism op.

Non Hispanic white population is just over 60%

That means it is more of a plan during balk, not a plan to avoid balk.

turd in my singlet posted:

lol if you think murdoch et al can't create a fascism with american characteristics

Murdoch is an exact example of trying to cater to consumers. He saw market in the US for moralizing conservatives, and catered to it. He started off in Britain catering to the market that wanted bare breasts in the newspaper.

Look at what already exists. You got Richard Spencer trying to do northern European nazi town in Montana. In the PNW, it's a half Japanese, a gay Vietnamese and a Samoan enforcer doing "patriot prayer". The 3 percenters went to help Bundy at the refuge take over, but immediately split over differences. Oath Keepers split over who to side with in Ferguson. Who knows where to slot Ben Shapiro, Milo, or Gavin's grabass Proud Boys.

Fascism in the US is already Balkanized.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

PipHelix posted:

Jared knows where the masks are, he's too dumb to not figure out how bad an idea sending in DHS is, 80s action movies have taught me local cops hate feds...

Man, get to the fireworks factory already!

e: Also this: https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

I dunno how much more of this I can take. It's like the news cycle just learned about edging or something

One idiot accidentally pulls the trigger and it will literally start Civil War II

Nice, Nice

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Phi230 posted:

Like if some chud does open fire and/or a chud militia does occupy government buildings that's pretty much the sign that poo poo is not tenable for much longer, regardless of the response. The response will only dictate how long that grace period is before poo poo pops off

https://youtu.be/sJA3gQ6jmxc

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

I;m thinking about thos balks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Murdoch is an exact example of trying to cater to consumers. He saw market in the US for moralizing conservatives, and catered to it. He started off in Britain catering to the market that wanted bare breasts in the newspaper.

Look at what already exists. You got Richard Spencer trying to do northern European nazi town in Montana. In the PNW, it's a half Japanese, a gay Vietnamese and a Samoan enforcer doing "patriot prayer". The 3 percenters went to help Bundy at the refuge take over, but immediately split over differences. Oath Keepers split over who to side with in Ferguson. Who knows where to slot Ben Shapiro, Milo, or Gavin's grabass Proud Boys.

it’s funny how these splits are incredibly important but virtually ignored by the press

the oath keeper split was huge

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Has anyone said Death to Great Satan yet?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

historically I think the union effort against the confederates is probably worth comment

other than that the USA soldiers have been garbo

i was reading a memoir the other day and the author was an officer in the US army in Germany in the 60s and he's chatting with a German officer and sees a group of German recruits marching through the base and the German officer asks him "how long do you think those guys have been in the army?" and the US officer thinks for a bit and recalls back to basic training and says "four weeks" and the German laughs at him and replies "three days"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:d2a:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s stupid how much Normandy gets pumped up

you landed on a beach wooo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

vyelkin posted:

i was reading a memoir the other day and the author was an officer in the US army in Germany in the 60s and he's chatting with a German officer and sees a group of German recruits marching through the base and the German officer asks him "how long do you think those guys have been in the army?" and the US officer thinks for a bit and recalls back to basic training and says "four weeks" and the German laughs at him and replies "three days"

after the war german officers said the american soldier was mostly worthless and what they feared the most was american artillery, which was constant and never ceasing thanks to having an expert logistical operation

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

after the war german officers said the american soldier was mostly worthless and what they feared the most was american artillery, which was constant and never ceasing thanks to having an expert logistical operation

thats cool because

PawParole posted:

Most minority troops are in logistics. The “tip of the spear” are chris Kyle wannabes from surburbia.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

can u imagine Americans doing anything like the Soviets in ww2

lol plenty of american units did some hardcore poo poo in WWII, and at the same time plenty of soviet units were incompetent and got steamrolled

america is the great satan but it has at times been successful at blowing poo poo up. i'm sure that if back then america got invaded eastern front style there would have been at least one impressive stalingrad style defense mounted before the american nazis joined forces with the german nazis. but yeah nowadays these millenials would be too scared to disrupt their avocado supply or scuff up their truck nuttz to fight for either side :sad: *does sick burnout in my rascal scooter*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rah I’m incredibly upset by your post

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Still reflecting that we were one chud accidentally popping off a shot in the Michigan statehouse from starting civil war 2 today

Really starting to think of a game plan for what to do if things around me really do descend into chaos and war

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

german units in normandy had a casualty rate similar to the eastern front (but on a smaller scale of course) mostly due to the overwhelming american artillery and air support and endless supply lines. they got hosed up

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Phi230 posted:

lol @ thinking that is relevant

the bundy's didn't occupy a state capitol building and light up politicians, they went camping in an abandoned forest before getting herded to jail

Lol no you memory holed that whole period pretty hard there, buddy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff#Confrontations_and_protests_in_April_2014

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

PipHelix posted:

Jared knows where the masks are, he's too dumb to not figure out how bad an idea sending in DHS is, 80s action movies have taught me local cops hate feds...

Man, get to the fireworks factory already!

e: Also this: https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

I dunno how much more of this I can take. It's like the news cycle just learned about edging or something

Why is this going on in Michigan more than anywhere else

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

michigan is despair central

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Antonymous posted:

michigan is despair central

uniquely so, though?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How many Confederate flags were present in the invasion of the Michigan statehouse

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

uniquely so, though?

despair with a dem at the helm then idk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

because michigan is more of a southern state than half of the states in the actual south

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

anywhere in michigan that isn't actual detroit (including hamtramck) and a few of the suburbs in wayne and oakland counties is chud land

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Has anyone said Death to Great Satan yet?

You reallyreally wanna go that way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pig-rPUi6Y0

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Feldegast42 posted:

Still reflecting that we were one chud accidentally popping off a shot in the Michigan statehouse from starting civil war 2 today

Really starting to think of a game plan for what to do if things around me really do descend into chaos and war

imo even if the chuds murked the governor we arent anywhere near a civil war getting kicked off by a non-state actor.

you definitely should be getting ready for war if you live in the usa, but there are months to years of deprivation, oppression and organization before the average former retail worker has a death squad to call their own.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Michigan has been a hotbed of antigovernment paramilitaries since just before the Oklahoma City Bombing. at one point the single most organized group boasted a membership of over 10,000, but its heavily fragmented since then. A lot of these armed antigovernment groups are very heavily infiltrated by federal law enforcement.

Other factors:
MI has a Democratic governor
MI is a very diverse but heavily segregated state

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Michigan has been a hotbed of antigovernment paramilitaries since just before the Oklahoma City Bombing. at one point the single most organized group boasted a membership of over 10,000, but its heavily fragmented since then. A lot of these armed antigovernment groups are very heavily infiltrated by federal law enforcement.

Other factors:

"Infiltrated"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Wakko posted:

imo even if the chuds murked the governor we arent anywhere near a civil war getting kicked off by a non-state actor.

you definitely should be getting ready for war if you live in the usa, but there are months to years of deprivation, oppression and organization before the average former retail worker has a death squad to call their own.

none of this poo poo will happen, a bunch of poc will get blown up and put in jail and you will still have to go to work for someones profits.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Rexicon1 posted:

none of this poo poo will happen, a bunch of poc will get blown up and put in jail and you will still have to go to work for someones profits.

no sorry, neoliberalism is going to be over sooner rather than later. you’re about 6C of warming too early to declare the end of history.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Other factors:

yeah in the 90s the group calked michigan militia was synonymous with rightwing terror for training mcvey.

and lol they never got shut down and still exist

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Yeah right wing mega richies use these groups as part of a strategy of tension, they come off the shelf whenever capitalism is in crisis, scare everyone, then go back on the shelf after a few attacks and arrests. The government infiltrators are there to keep them on the rails basically, and generate a few arrests every once in a while to seem busy. They almost certainly do the same thing (albeit less frequently) with certain left wing militant groups.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

They almost certainly do the same thing (albeit less frequently) with certain left wing militant groups.

Remind me again the last time armed leftists kicked down a statehouses doors or blew up a federal building with like 100 children inside? And I guess it would be (((Soros))) taking them on and off the shelf?

Generally when a compound of leftists and their children burn to death it's cause the police force dropped a loving bomb ON them, burning down the whole neighborhood, not because their stockpiled incendiaries cooked off when non-lethal teargas grenades were used, just to cherry pick two examples.

Edit, whoops, sorry. I'd assumed, given the rightwingers blaming the FBI for the disaster, that the deaths of all those kids was at least an accident the FBI had some responsibility for, like a hot gas grenade hit some of their ANFO by accident. I wasn't aware the Davidians literally ordered the burning.

Anyway, America is a land of contrasts and Both Sides Do It.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 15:09 on May 1, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

PipHelix posted:

Remind me again the last time armed leftists kicked down a statehouses doors or blew up a federal building with like 100 children inside? And I guess it would be (((Soros))) taking them on and off the shelf?

Generally when a compound of leftists and their children burn to death it's cause the police force dropped a loving bomb ON them, burning down the whole neighborhood, not because their stockpiled incendiaries cooked off when non-lethal teargas grenades were used, just to cherry pick two examples.

Edit, whoops, sorry. I'd assumed, given the rightwingers blaming the FBI for the disaster, that the deaths of all those kids was at least an accident the FBI had some responsibility for, like a hot gas grenade hit some of their ANFO by accident. I wasn't aware the Davidians literally ordered the burning.

Anyway, America is a land of contrasts and Both Sides Do It.

Think you might have missed the point entirely.

But to address your point, if we're going all the way back to the MOVE bombing for examples, we know that the cops were intentionally inserting people like William O'Neal or turning people like Eldridge Cleaver in the Panthers to advocate adventurist tactics, and then using that as justification to arrest or assassinate leaders in the party. But there's plenty of lower profile cases of the FBI giving environmental and animal liberationist groups explosives in the 90s. With what we know of GLADIO and other 'stay behind' formations, it'd be naive to think they've never pushed people towards violence, given someone explosives or weapons and then just allowed the plot to go ahead.

e: Like look at the poo poo they get up to
https://theintercept.com/2015/03/16/howthefbicreatedaterrorist/

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 15:33 on May 1, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

it's more like the national guard are owned by the states and loaned to the federal government at the president's request. If he does so however he's unable to deploy the national guard in a police keeping capacity on US soil just like he would be unable to do that with regular troops. Only the states are able to use the national guard in a police authority.

You're gonna have to add the "legally" caveat

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm still not sure that the government didn't burn down the waco compound.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

The proud boys are all gonna start poo poo and end up dead within the first week

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Pomp posted:

The proud boys are all gonna start poo poo and end up dead within the first week

Naw, if they started something probably 1/4 - 1/2 of the police and military forces sent after them would join them.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

UnknownTarget posted:

Naw, if they started something probably 1/4 - 1/2 of the police and military forces sent after them would join them.

Those cops largely already have their own, less openly stupid fash clubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
While cops will silently use the cover of enforcement to enact their agenda, the proud boys will go get into a fist fight with a homeless encampment and get shanked by someone who likely had a swastika on their body

Edit:They're all fratboy idiots because the competent ones are groomed out

Pomp has issued a correction as of 15:40 on May 1, 2020