Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/SamanthaJPower/status/1255867624166211584

im not on board for any of the "lets investigate the wuhan lab" conspiracy bullshit but this would be a genuinely cool and good and fair thing to do and if you wanna stick it to china it pisses them off as a bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

dew worm posted:

I remember one of my college professors going off about how HOAs are iron clad in their legal bounds as well. like you literally can’t fight them.

In Illinois if you try to fight them they can evict you and move someone else into your house, it's amazing

Its even funnier in small hoas (like 3 story buildings) because the atty fees get added onto the HOA bill so you have to pay for the opposing lawyer

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

turd in my singlet posted:

lol if you think cats need anything in particular to wake them up at 430 in the morning to start bothering you for the food they get at 7 am every single day

I don't feed them once I get up, I've learned, they don't get fed until I've been up at least an hour or more so they don't associate the getting up with food. I'll lay there perfectly still in bed and as long as I don't move/cough/open my eyes they'll just vulture in a corner until then even if it's 10am. Once someone stirs they pull at my blanket pulling it off me/off the bed then start with screaming if I don't respond in a timely manner. To make sure it doesn't wake my husband up I just get up because he works so late. It's been much worse since I got sick because once I wake up I start coughing and they know I'm awake and I can't fake it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mastershakeman posted:

In Illinois if you try to fight them they can evict you and move someone else into your house, it's amazing

Its even funnier in small hoas (like 3 story buildings) because the atty fees get added onto the HOA bill so you have to pay for the opposing lawyer

lol imagine hating minorities so much that you buy a house but have a landlord anyway

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

My country is reopening with total abandon. Nobody look to the number of infected anymore.

Help!

Well at least you can go take a haircut by appointment and walk your kids to the park

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hmmm very interesting do you think we can get our science guys to test this out? that’s interesting

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Ohio is apparently extending their Stay-at-home order till the 29th. Despite making a bunch of statements about opening up. Dewine is trying to make both sides, which want total opposite actions, happy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if you put lava in lungs or maybe in a lamp?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Doc Fission posted:

200069, for enterprise

:hfive:

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It gets thousands of posts per day?

I didn't relalize just how much I skip

I'm sure it's all good content though

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
My wife asked me if Americans and Britons are just mentally ill. I explained that westerners just don't value human life the same way that the Chinese do, and it's impossible to understand from the outside.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

lol imagine hating minorities so much that you buy a house but have a landlord anyway

I never thought of it this way but now it warms my heart when I think of HOAs, especially when I plant whatever the gently caress I want in my yard.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
cats are generally jerks but they're cute and fluffy jerks so we put up with their BS for some reason. I just want to use my PC but I left my desk for under a minute and now I can't use my mouse :(

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

cats are generally jerks but they're cute and fluffy jerks so we put up with their BS for some reason. I just want to use my PC but I left my desk for under a minute and now I can't use my mouse :(

Once the cat blesses something with it's butt, it belongs to the cat forever. Sorry OP time to buy a new mouse.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
letting ur pets control ur life so completely sounds really exhausting

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sitting here at the VA getting fingerprinted and this place is chill as poo poo

I want to work here

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune/status/1256206620985634817

open carry at a build a bear

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl7kQZHZE0

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Cumulative deaths by May 31st guesses:

1-76:

77-147:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/305906786408480770

I will collect more guesses tomorrow. There's still until 07:00 GMT May 2nd to guess.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Yikes!

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/1256202510890663936

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rynn posted:

Once the cat blesses something with it's butt, it belongs to the cat forever. Sorry OP time to buy a new mouse.

drat it! I'm trying to not buy anything anymore, time to open canned food and hope I can make a trade

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1-76:

77-147:

I will collect more guesses tomorrow. There's still until 07:00 GMT May 2nd to guess.

put be down for 1.2 mil

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1-76:

77-147:

I'll go in on 169421

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1256209461099855872

quote:

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Burials in Jakarta remained close to record highs in April, official data showed on Friday, indicating there may have been many more deaths from COVID-19 in the city than have been officially recorded.

The 4,377 burials, combined with 4,422 burials in March, indicate that 2,500 more people have died in the city in the past two months than the average for the period.

The burials data, from the website of the city’s parks and cemeteries department, does not identify the cause of death.

Jakarta is the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in the world’s fourth most populous country. According to the central government, there had been 375 COVID-19 deaths in the capital as of Saturday.

Overall, Indonesia has had 800 deaths from the disease, Health Ministry official Achmad Yurianto said on Friday.

Asked about the Jakarta burial figures, Yurianto told Reuters that official figures for coronavirus deaths included only those who died after testing positive for the disease.

Some people who died with COVID-19 symptoms were not tested at all, while others had their samples collected “incorrectly”, Yurianto said. He did not elaborate on what the incorrect samples meant.

The March burial figure for Jakarta was the highest since such data began being collected a decade ago, nearly one third higher than any month in that period. City Governor Anies Baswedan told Reuters at the time: “I’m struggling to find another reason than unreported COVID-19 deaths.”

Baswedan could not be immediately reached for comment on Friday.

The April burials figure fell only slightly although many people left the city for their home villages in the first three weeks of the month.

A spokesman for the Jakarta provincial government declined to answer questions about the burials data and the number of people who had left the city.

“We don’t have daily data to get a precise trend. However, deducting for out-migration, it’s not slowing down yet,” said one Jakarta-based epidemiologist, who asked not to be identified.

ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities introduced a soft lockdown on Jakarta in March, closing schools and some businesses. On April 24 travel out of the city was strictly banned in an effort to stop more people leaving for the annual post-Ramadan exodus from Greater Jakarta.

Indonesia has had 10,551 confirmed cases of the illness, the Health Ministry’s Yurianto said on Friday.

A Reuters review of data from 16 of Indonesia’s 34 provinces showed this week that more than 2,200 people have died with acute symptoms of COVID-19 but were not recorded as victims of the disease.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Holy poo poo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2020/05/if-your-mask-has-a-valve-its-half-useless/

quote:

If you’re wearing a face mask with a little plastic valve embedded in it, you should know that valves compromise the effectiveness of the mask—and this is true whether your mask is a hardware-store N95 or a designer cloth mask. These valves allow exhaled breath to bypass the filter. When you breathe in, the air you breathe is being filtered by the mask; when you breathe out, it is not. (The valve only operates in one direction.)

One-way valves make sense if you’re kicking up sawdust in your basement, walking around California during wildfire season or working in a factory where particles you definitely don’t want to breathe in may be in the air. In these cases, the mask’s job is to protect you. The valve makes it more comfortable to wear so you can get through your day or your factory shift without feeling too stifled.

But that’s not why we’re all wearing masks right now.

Why valves don’t make sense for infection control
In the age of COVID-19, we wear masks when out and about for two reasons: First, we hope they might protect us from other people, at least a little bit. (The science on this is not very convincing.) The second reason is more significant: they protect us from infecting others if it turns out we are infected and don’t know it.

Valves defeat that second purpose. A valved mask is letting your breath out unfiltered; the valve acts as a little escape hatch for any virus-laden droplets you’re breathing out. Some municipalities that require masks have specified that masks with valves do not count. You also won’t typically see valved masks in healthcare settings for the same reason.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMc-IswG3w

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
DC hits a new high

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-m..._source=twitter

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Sherman's going to seem like a pleasant memory when this is over.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

fits my needs posted:

letting ur pets control ur life so completely sounds really exhausting

cats are for subs for whom finding a human dom would be too socially demanding

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Breakfast All Day posted:

truth

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Breakfast All Day posted:

not for me but lol, nice :catdrugs:

its like the toxoplasmosis or whatever rite

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1-76:

77-147:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

FAUXTON posted:

where my parents retired the whole rural area is incorporated mostly to enforce hoa poo poo on everyone with the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

At least one public county school system here in ATL wants teachers to go back to work on-site next week. Las Vegas wanted to be the test population but Kemp already been out here putting on his lab coat and goggles, try and keep up nerds!!!