Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yes, but those are all sycophants licking her faux-Kampfstiefel in Schuhgröße 36.

I would be the loving hierophant that would eclipse them all, as I bring the non-believers into the darkness that is my agile reign.

Kompanien are now business units, their Züge are development teams, and I shall anoint the terminal Berufssoldat Spieß as the Scrum Master, and give them the power to beseitig impediments as they please.
Any batallion-sized unit shall be rearranged under scaled Scrum principles and designated as a Nexus. One former Disziplinarvorgesetzer will be appointed as product manager, all other Kompaniechefs shall be neutered, their Autorität rendered moot.

The tägliche Stärkemeldung is now the Daily Scrum, reduced to 15 minutes, and only 8 members of each Zug may attend. Zugführer may no longer attend, as the development team is self-organizing, so they can go eat Sauerkraut.

As the product is "Frieden and Demokratie", and the Bundeswehr loves their weapons as tools to deliver said product, all Waffenkammers are now designated as "product backlogs", and thus only to be accessed by the product owner. All entnommene Waffen are now backlog items to be refined (bestücked with Munition) and issued to the development team as a flexible sprint backlog, and thus no longer under the purview of the product owner for the duration of a sprint.

The product owner is now also a rotating position to be determined weekly in the Sprint Retrospective, which is to be a Schildkrötenrennen. Whoever comes out the least injured, is product owner. Rank does not matter, because - again - the development team self-organizes.

Sprints are set at one week tops. The sprint planning is to be conducted at the beginning of each week in the Truppenküche. The sprint goal is to be scribbled on a Kartenmeldeblock, which is to be crumpled up and stored in whichever dumb alpha-male Kompanie-Fußball-Turnier-Pokal the unit last scored.
The Sprint rewiew is to be held in the Mannschaftsheim, where the stakeholders (literally every Offizier of a Liegenschaft) are to sit in silence as the development team presents the new product increment (a run-down of transgressions of the development team in the local Polizeibericht) in interpretative dance.
The stakeholders shall sit in silence, because - once loving again - they don't have poo poo to say.

Oh, you're looking for the Kasernenkommandant? Yeah, he was designated an impediment and beseitigt in the last sprint, lol

also, :emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Weren't there a bunch of Richter and Staatsanwälte in AfD who repeatedly said heinous poo poo and never got into trouble? Wasn't the guy who dropped the n-bomb about Boris Becker's kid a Richter? Think a bit of recreational K should be fine.

Richter sind keine Beamte. :colbert:

(And the Staatsanwälte probably got disciplinary measures.)

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I know a lady who was literally to fat to get verbeamtet, so chances aren't good for goons

She's not even that fat

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Sitting around at home all the time made me completely forget which day it is and I so VERY NEARLY booted up my laptop and went to work today :downs:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

It was a joke, op. A light hearted Schabernack about fat cat verbeamtete Lehrer

It's a light hearted Schabernack because it's essentially true. I did a calculation in the happy Vorcoronazeit. Edit: I remembered it wrong! The Lehrernetto only comes up to 85k Angestelltenbrutto (which comes to the upper 10% of Angestellte).

To earn 45k netto (adjusted from originally 54k, see Edit above) netto as a verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer you need to chose the right Bundesland (BaWü, BY, NRW) and not be fired for 10 years until you automatically get a high enough Erfahrungsstufe to earn 4.5k netto a month (when you' be ~37 y/o). If you aren't allergic to the smallest bit of responsibility, like being a Oberstufenleiter, you can get promoted to A15, but these slots rarely open for obvious reasons. For mediocre people without leadership skills or entrepreneurial spirit being a verbeamteter Lehrer at the Gymnasium is the mother lode. Doesn't mean every verbeamteter Lehrer is a lazy gold digger, only that the incentive to attract that kind of personality certainly is there.

Pensionwise a verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer in the right Bundesland will retire after 40 years with a monthly pension of ~3200€. If you had worked for 45 years and earned 100k right off the bat you'd have earned enough entgeltpunkte to be entitled to 2300-2500€ (depending on the cap for maximale Entgeltpunkte during your working years).

If the glorious revolution ever comes, please reward verbeamtete teachers for sucking dry the working classes (and everybody else) for decades.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 1, 2020

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Nektu posted:

Sitting around at home all the time made me completely forget which day it is and I so VERY NEARLY booted up my laptop and went to work today :downs:

I'm unemployed but my girlfriend still has a job, two days ago she said that Friday is a public holiday. I'm like oh cool, and was wondering if they made a new one or if mid April had always had a public holiday that I'd just forgotten.

Nope, it's just loving May already

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Happy Internationaler Kampftag der Arbeiterklasse, everyone.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Sulla Faex posted:

I'm unemployed but my girlfriend still has a job, two days ago she said that Friday is a public holiday. I'm like oh cool, and was wondering if they made a new one or if mid April had always had a public holiday that I'd just forgotten.

Nope, it's just loving May already

I started a regular job this year to spend some time away from home (that went well btw lol) and upon planning my Brückentage I realised there is gently caress all because almost everything falls on a Sunday or Friday and I'm only working Tuesday to Thursday. Goddammit. :argh:

Even the brand-new Frauenkampftag in Berlin fell on a Sunday this year round. But eh, home office. Probably saved a couple month's worth of time by not commuting.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

gently caress yea

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Nektu posted:

I was wondering why the radio wasn‘t playing the normal morning program and was planning on going to the grocery store today until I remembered that.

So welcome to the club, I guess :shrug: :D

Einbauschrank posted:

It's a light hearted Schabernack because it's essentially true. I did a calculation in the happy Vorcoronazeit. Edit: I remembered it wrong! The Lehrernetto only comes up to 85k Angestelltenbrutto (which comes to the upper 10% of Angestellte).

To earn 45k netto (adjusted from originally 54k, see Edit above) netto as a verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer you need to chose the right Bundesland (BaWü, BY, NRW) and not be fired for 10 years until you automatically get a high enough Erfahrungsstufe to earn 4.5k netto a month (when you' be ~37 y/o). If you aren't allergic to the smallest bit of responsibility, like being a Oberstufenleiter, you can get promoted to A15, but these slots rarely open for obvious reasons. For mediocre people without leadership skills or entrepreneurial spirit being a verbeamteter Lehrer at the Gymnasium is the mother lode. Doesn't mean every verbeamteter Lehrer is a lazy gold digger, only that the incentive to attract that kind of personality certainly is there.

Pensionwise a verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer in the right Bundesland will retire after 40 years with a monthly pension of ~3200€. If you had worked for 45 years and earned 100k right off the bat you'd have earned enough entgeltpunkte to be entitled to 2300-2500€ (depending on the cap for maximale Entgeltpunkte during your working years).

If the glorious revolution ever comes, please reward verbeamtete teachers for sucking dry the working classes (and everybody else) for decades.
Teachers should earn (very) well - they do an extremely important job. Certainly more important than an Abteilungsleiter in random company X. If anything, the problem is that teachers for Grundschule, Realschule, etc are payed so much less. Not to mention Erzieher.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

DTurtle posted:

I was wondering why the radio wasn‘t playing the normal morning program and was planning on going to the grocery store today until I remembered that.

So welcome to the club, I guess :shrug: :D

Teachers should earn (very) well - they do an extremely important job. Certainly more important than an Abteilungsleiter in random company X. If anything, the problem is that teachers for Grundschule, Realschule, etc are payed so much less. Not to mention Erzieher.

The job is important. But it's not exactly rocket science, i.e. it's not too difficult to recruit people with the right skill set. The brutto pay is adequate, but as the Beitragssatzentwicklung/Sozialabgaben has been steadily increasing from ~25 to 40% of Bruttolohn during the last 50 years, Beamte have been mostly exempted from this. So I'm OK with Lehrer earning brutto what they earn. But they should contribute to the Solidargemeinschaft like every random Abteilungsleiter from company X and get the same Rente as everybody else in their pay grade. Lehrer being Beamte is an expression of their historical coziness with the old obrigkeitsstaatliche Eliten (as is the high pay/social standing for Gymnasiallehrer) and that is a Zopf we can get rid off. With a guillotine.

Na, they should contribute more to social security.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 1, 2020

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

That is a stupid way to dress your neoliberalism in leftist sounding words, nobody is going to fall for that.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Einbauschrank posted:

The job is important. But it's not exactly rocket science, i.e. it's not too difficult to recruit people with the right skill set.

That's true for every job though. If you pay a Beamtensold lmao

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cebrail posted:

That is a stupid way to dress your neoliberalism in leftist sounding words, nobody is going to fall for that.

Well, we have SPD and Green voters itt, so I think it will work.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Pffft @ other people being confused about the day. In the hellscape that is my current home office workload, I've been marking this day for weeks!

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 1, 2020

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

cebrail posted:

Contributing to the soziale Marktwirtschaft is ordoliberalism, handing out privileges to groups for historically being close to the state doesn't seem very leftist to me, even though it regularly happened in real existierender Sozialismus.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I think Lehrer being Beamte has more to do with the historical fact that education in Germany was, for the longest time, 100% private and no-one gave a poo poo that everyone was as dumb as a brick. Until some clown in one of our ancient kingdoms was like "Wait a minute, this is bullshit! You're telling me none of those peasants can actually read those very important propaganda messages we've written for them?????" and then some teaching needed to be done.

I'm of course joking, but I also remember reading about how random dude was a teacher in an 18th century village and was taking payment from the villagers for the privilege of teaching those kids at least something. Mostly because they were poor enough they had to sometimes pay in Naturalien, like coal for heating, which at the time sounded really strange to me.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Einbauschrank posted:

Contributing to the soziale Marktwirtschaft is ordoliberalism, handing out privileges to groups for historically being close to the state doesn't seem very leftist to me, even though it regularly happened in real existierender Sozialismus.

That’s a good counterpoint to an argument nobody made.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just felt that subconscious itch to pitch an AGILE METHODEN concept to the Bundeswehr and re-enlist.
Holy christ, I would love to tank that poo poo so incredibly hard while still selling them on still supposedly improving their "product".

My god, even as I'm typing this, I can come up with the cruelest of torture methods that would completely undo every last semblance of order and militärische Hierarchie :unsmigghh:

Randler posted:

Given that Flintenuschi had already insertes multiple of her McKinsey hatchlings into the Bundeswehr, you'd probably be way too late.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 1, 2020

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just felt that subconscious itch to pitch an AGILE METHODEN concept to the Bundeswehr and re-enlist.
Holy christ, I would love to tank that poo poo so incredibly hard while still selling them on still supposedly improving their "product".

My god, even as I'm typing this, I can come up with the cruelest of torture methods that would completely undo every last semblance of order and militärische Hierarchie :unsmigghh:

Picturing Der Untergang Bunkerszene, but with agile management

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I do not really know what agile means, but given by the fact that it is used excitedly by both our clients and our internal ~innovation~ people, I confidently believe it is utter garbage for everything but the specific kind of business from whence it originated.

Although I try to keep an open mind and allow for the possibility that it is garbage for whatever kind of business it originated from as well.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

I do not really know what agile means

Then you already know more than most people who work with it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I think I made a semi-effort post about it before, but the tl;dr is that 95% of the people you encounter are the ones that drink the agile Kool-Aid and go around preaching the gently caress out of the "Scrum Bible", and if you verletz even the tiniest provision of ~THE AGILE FRAMEWORK~, you're "not agile" at all and doomed to fail.
Probably 4% are people that will try to take the stuff that makes sense and apply it without fanatically screaming about holy scripture.
The 1% are folks in software development, who generally don't scream about agile methods at all, because they're the ones for whom this poo poo has worked out fine forever and a day and they don't really give a poo poo about krampfhaftly trying to apply it to other sectors like the automotive industry and such.

It's basically getting the Six Sigma treatment with a new-car-smell

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Randler posted:

I do not really know what agile means, but given by the fact that it is used excitedly by both our clients and our internal ~innovation~ people, I confidently believe it is utter garbage for everything but the specific kind of business from whence it originated.

Although I try to keep an open mind and allow for the possibility that it is garbage for whatever kind of business it originated from as well.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Agile means you don't need to plan ahead because you are "agile" and can "adapt"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Scrum is already dead and buried and has been replaced by Spotifys model which is also already dead and buried and has been replaced by...

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

What the gently caress, has your avatar always been a gif?

Also gang-tags are getting too weird for me

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

SavageGentleman posted:

Pffft @ other people being confused about the day. In the hellscape that is my current home office workload, I've been marking this day for weeks!

In our new post-worklifebalance corona world, I've gotten like 12 work-related text messages on this, everybody's day off.

Not sure how it is for everyone else itc doing home-office during all of this but the whole situation has seriously eroded what little barrier there was between work and private.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Sereri posted:

What the gently caress, has your avatar always been a gif?

Also gang-tags are getting too weird for me

Yeah, also i dont see gang tags since I'm posting 100% mobile now (it's the best app and you rule)

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Drone posted:

In our new post-worklifebalance corona world, I've gotten like 12 work-related text messages on this, everybody's day off.

Not sure how it is for everyone else itc doing home-office during all of this but the whole situation has seriously eroded what little barrier there was between work and private.

Not at all. If I am working from home, my laptop + headset is connected to company telephone system and calls go through to my home office. Otherwise it goes to voicemail, exactly the way it works when in the office. I stay in touch with a couple of colleagues / research partners via my personal cell phone, but that's just to chat and catch up, anything work related is always done via email / office phone. I get an average of 1-2 work calls a year on my personal phone, and in every case the colleagues in question asked for permission beforehand to call in case something exceptional comes up while I'm on vacation.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A friend bailed out of a company that tried to solve its engineering problem by introducing lots of agile stuff (but not changing anything about the engineering). Basically they were a Mittelständler that needed to make a step up from the engineering practices the company had been using since its founding, the founder, a Tüftler, was retiring and his kid was a BWLer and felt the need to strengthen his authority by making the big decisions rather than let the Ingenieure shape the way the company worked. My buddy ofc is an engineer, so feel free to question this suspiciously tidy narrative, but eh.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

aphid_licker posted:

kid was a BWLer

aphid_licker posted:

My buddy ofc is an engineer, so feel free to question this suspiciously tidy narrative, but eh.

No need to. :D

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Drone posted:

Please reply to every text with a link to a YouTube video of the Internationale

WFH week 8 here, nothing really has changed for me. Working for a IT Dienstleister, I'm fortunate to have an employer that tries to prevent me from doing overtime as much as possible. So if I'm not working, I'm not working. If a mail comes in at 16:31 it will be read the next day. All the communication is in Slack or analogues. No one except HR has my personal information so unless my coworkers are literally on fire, I have an ±8h window per day where I can be reached. In the last three years that has happened 0 times.
That said, we currently have weekly status updates via a 15min video call and I have attended them this week while on vacation as well as once during a week of sick leave. It's not mandatory but informative. And I'll be extending my lunch a bit to equalize the time.

I don't know your life or relationship to your employer but maybe try to set clearer boundaries with them. Maybe ignore all communication outside the defined hours. Make them supply you with a work phone and turn it off when you are done for today? Write up 15min of overtime for every text they make you read?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Agile is great. You can change the requirements every week and you even have a process for doing so. You change your scope one week and the little coding monkeys will scramble to hack away at their adorable LED-backlit tenkeyless keyboards and at the end of the week you've changed your mind and do it all again.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
People who say teaching is easy are the reason for bad teachers. It’s a complicated skill that requires a great amount of creativity and adaptability.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Scrum is already dead and buried and has been replaced by Spotifys model which is also already dead and buried and has been replaced by...

SCUMM is better then both, and will never be replaced in our hearts

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Einbauschrank posted:

The job is important. But it's not exactly rocket science, i.e. it's not too difficult to recruit people with the right skill set.
This is why there are never any complaints about bad teachers. This is why there are no people who remember that ONE teacher who was very good. Because it is simply a very simple job that anybody can do. There is no need to try to recruit the best people for the job, because there are simply so many out there who can do it properly anyway.

That was sarcasm by the way.

Honj Steak posted:

People who say teaching is easy are the reason for bad teachers. It's a complicated skill that requires a great amount of creativity and adaptability.
Exactly.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Honj Steak posted:

It’s a complicated skill that requires a great amount of creativity and adaptability.

But can they shoot rays of entrepreneurial spirit out of their rear end? Or schaukel eier in pointless meetings all days as a management drone? Yeah, didn't think so. How :mediocre:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Re. Agile, what is spotify's model? Someone mentioned it upthread

I currently work in software development using agile, and I have the luck of working in a project where it makes sense.

Essentially it consists of a way of breaking down tasks into two- to four-week cycles (sprints), with clear prioritization of tasks. If something is too big to be done in a cycle, it should be broken down into smaller tasks. Requirements are specified in terms of what the expected results of the tasks are (eg. what the functionalities of a program should be).

It is a good way of organizing work in the short-term. One focuses on what needs to be done, and one cannot get sidetracked.

What it DOES NOT replace is long-term planning and software design. If one thinks that a project can be successful only through the ~magic of Agile~, you're screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

DTurtle posted:

This is why there are never any complaints about bad teachers. This is why there are no people who remember that ONE teacher who was very good. Because it is simply a very simple job that anybody can do. There is no need to try to recruit the best people for the job, because there are simply so many out there who can do it properly anyway.

That was sarcasm by the way.

Exactly.

It's enough to be OK at your job and most teachers are OK. After all, Lehrämtler aren't dumber than the average student. And I think their earnings are OK, too. If somethat on the high side in the OECD comparison and the results of in PISA, TIMSS etc. don't suggest we get "the very best" for our money, even though we pay more than most other countries.

It's a typical job requiring an akademischer Grad and we suffer no shortage of people studying PoWi, history, geography, religionswissenschaften etc. They usually earn 30-35k after graduating with a master. So 50k brutto for a Lehrer is already ample money. And why don't they contribute to social security even though they are high earners? Why not pay more for good math teachers - who are in demand - and less for good English teachers, who should more common? And if good teachers are so important, perhaps it should be easier to fire the lackluster ones by getting rid of Beamtenstatus. Or is there a reason to be stuck with bad teachers?

GABA ghoul posted:

But can they shoot rays of entrepreneurial spirit out of their rear end? Or schaukel eier in pointless meetings all days as a management drone? Yeah, didn't think so. How :mediocre:

According to the lamentations I hear about Schulkonferenzen the Eierschaukeln in pointless meetings seems to be not unknown to Lehrers.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 1, 2020