Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

A Russian troll farm posted:

i too have never heard of iraq, vietnam, afghanistan, and so-on

man, i'll have to keep that in mind the next time i find myself in a decade long campaign of asymmetrical warfare with the local pd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
2 out of 3 of the countries you listed are failed states and Vietnam isn’t doing too hot, let’s emulate that with guns

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm the internet poster fantasizing about being a viet cong or mujahedeen guerilla of the Great White North

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Another Bill posted:

mujahedeen guerilla of the Great White North

yes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

I'm the internet poster fantasizing about being a viet cong or mujahedeen guerilla of the Great White North

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

infernal machines posted:

man, i'll have to keep that in mind the next time i find myself in a decade long campaign of asymmetrical warfare with the local pd

Whatever it takes to defend your children from the forced vaccination squads! Whatever it takes...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I cant believe the only think keeping Canada from slipping into tyranny is a bunch of semi auto gun owners.

Thank you for you service :canada:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
don’t forget they’re the only ones protecting minorities and aboriginals too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Another Bill posted:

I cant believe the only think keeping Canada from slipping into tyranny is a bunch of semi auto gun owners.

Thank you for you service :canada:

We post easily on our forum because rough men stand ready in the night to opine about how someone should visit violence on those who would do us harm.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 02:12 on May 2, 2020

Torquil!
Jun 20, 2005
Dillon!
guns arent going anywhere lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
the only place guns are going is back into their safety cabinets to be locked away and stored properly

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Right after I get some pictures so I can sell it on Craigslist to fund my 2 lbs per day goon jerky habit

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Blood Boils posted:

And the angry misogynists who make up like 100% of spree killers

Domestic abuse incidents should be a red flag that gets all your guns taken away forever. Not joking.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

then you've already given up

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Entropic posted:

Domestic abuse incidents should be a red flag that gets all your guns taken away forever. Not joking.

Unfortunately they don't bother disarming cops

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/PeterMacKay/status/1256244653818630146?s=20

What a loving piece of poo poo.

I now realize this may have been posted already...

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 05:00 on May 2, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

:thunk:
But he is using this tragedy to push his own opposite adgenda?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s beyond stupid. The FAL and now the M14, giant, clunky, Cold War, wood and iron battle rifles are banned because..?

It’s completely nonsense. Just pandering to people who have never touched a firearm and are completely absorbed by American media and culture.

Someone made the observation that without Tim Hortons and Heritage Moments, many Canadians think of themselves as being basically American, and it shows.

wanting to ban guns seems not very american though???

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

apatheticman posted:

Yes that's one of the major goals of politics: collective action to prevent further tragedy. Unless he'd rather we just ban everything for no reason. What a fuckwit.

Feel free to argue if you think the change will be effective or not but don't argue we shouldn't make changes in response to tragedies.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Ban the RCMP instead, problem solved.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Cold on a Cob posted:

Yes that's one of the major goals of politics: collective action to prevent further tragedy. Unless he'd rather we just ban everything for no reason. What a fuckwit.

Feel free to argue if you think the change will be effective or not but don't argue we shouldn't make changes in response to tragedies.

From what I'm seeing from gun fans on my feed (especially owners of Assault style weapons) they are PISSED. One even went on a rant about how he's now a federal criminal because of this ban.

From what I've been hearing nobody is particularly excited about the leadership candidates (it might just be the lack of leadership) but an issue like this might mobilize the base and Mackay is clearly trying to jump on that bandwagon.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

From what I'm seeing from gun fans on my feed (especially owners of Assault style weapons) they are PISSED. One even went on a rant about how he's now a federal criminal because of this ban.

From what I've been hearing nobody is particularly excited about the leadership candidates (it might just be the lack of leadership) but an issue like this might mobilize the base and Mackay is clearly trying to jump on that bandwagon.

Gun nuts demonstrating that they are mentally unhinged and shouldn't own guns to own the libs

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/PeterMacKay/status/1256244653818630146?s=19

Peter MacKay cementing his place as the weird fringe candidate that everybody hates

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
what if the evil gubmint sends a battalion after me? i should be able to own tac nukes for personal defense

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

18 and sunny my rear end

weather prediction is the oldest grift

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

We post easily on our forum because rough men stand ready in the night to opine about how someone should visit violence on those who would do us harm.

shitposting comes out of the barrel of a gun

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

18 and sunny my rear end

In the late 90s / early 00s, there was a hiring freeze at Environment Canada (due to austerity) which led every forecasting office to be understaffed, a problem which is only now starting to get resolved. However to fix the problem they had to take money from the part of the budget that went to maintaining non-airport observation stations and now we have a data problem, which leads to some problems with short-term forecasts.

And now with Covid the offices are operating at 25% lower capacity in order to minimize potential problems if a forecaster gets infected with the virus.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Don Pigeon posted:

In the late 90s / early 00s, there was a hiring freeze at Environment Canada (due to austerity) which led every forecasting office to be understaffed, a problem which is only now starting to get resolved. However to fix the problem they had to take money from the part of the budget that went to maintaining non-airport observation stations and now we have a data problem, which leads to some problems with short-term forecasts.

And now with Covid the offices are operating at 25% lower capacity in order to minimize potential problems if a forecaster gets infected with the virus.

I would troll the forecaster by having their prognosis delivered by another weather forecaster

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Noblesse Obliged posted:

18 and sunny my rear end

Yesterday the forecast said that the wind wasn't going to start til midafternoon and I was going to go for a nice long country bike ride in the 4 degree windless morning weather but when I woke up the wind was already 40+kph :(

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Yesterday the forecast said that the wind wasn't going to start til midafternoon and I was going to go for a nice long country bike ride in the 4 degree windless morning weather but when I woke up the wind was already 40+kph :(

We should seize the means of prediction

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Noblesse Obliged posted:

We should seize the means of prediction

Thank you, I shall use this in the future

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

seize the beans of poutines

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

just ban all handguns and semi autos. single load bolt-actions only, for hunting. if you miss your food, get good.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Melt all plowshares and turn them into guns that shoot knives, IMO.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Hunting with fists only.

Like a lovely goldeneye game

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
why are we wasting time banning guns when we should be taking action against our most hated enemy: beavers with laser beams attached to their heads

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

a primate posted:

just ban all handguns and semi autos. single load bolt-actions only, for hunting. if you miss your food, get good.

what kind of casual uses a rifle for hunting when you could instead dodge-roll behind the moose and cleave it in half with your zweihander

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blatman posted:

what kind of casual uses a rifle for hunting when you could instead dodge-roll behind the moose and cleave it in half with your zweihander

ban all guns but unban nunchucks

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Mandate that you can only own a gun if it is hot pink and covered with feathers. When fired, instead of a bang it emits a loud RuPaul voice that says "FABULOUS DAHLING".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Broke: tacticool
Woke: tactifabulous