Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Once we resolve some new crash bugs, the next version of Crackdown will have bosses that actually do things and have slightly unique features. At long last, the dream of Kung Fu Hector has become a reality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EorayMel posted:

Also special mention to the level 0 guy who joined at the mayhem san martin heist I ran, stayed at the van when everybody else tried being greedy for more bags and got incapacitated because of it, including me, and then got incapacitated right as I was about to tick down into custody, but because he was still in the escape zone 3 seconds after everybody else got busted, the game recognized there was only one person in play also inside the escape zone, and thus the heist got completed right before the failure screen happened :v:
:allears:

Thanks for the breakdown about the new stuff.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

EorayMel posted:

Also special mention to the level 0 guy who joined at the mayhem san martin heist I ran, stayed at the van when everybody else tried being greedy for more bags and got incapacitated because of it, including me, and then got incapacitated right as I was about to tick down into custody, but because he was still in the escape zone 3 seconds after everybody else got busted, the game recognized there was only one person in play also inside the escape zone, and thus the heist got completed right before the failure screen happened :v:

Not all heroes wear capes.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I might've been a little too harsh on the stechkin aps: it might be the best one on deathwish since it can actually kill things and is accurate enough to kill snipers with the red dot. The federales machine pistols are still very good as a "I emptied my primary but there are 3 stragglers, lemme swap and finish them off" option and many other things if you're skilled at eating ammo off the floor as if it was rotting fruit off the ground like an animal.

I may have not been harsh enough on me trying san martin deathwish with only 2 doc bags and 1 inspire guy(me) with a level 28 0 infamy failing 50 meters from the van :suicide:

In related news, how about that escape van after stealthing it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

akimbo machine pistols are fun as hell but you need a very ammo effective secondary to make it work and i can’t imagine it being viable above mayhem

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The TP and hand sanitizer heist

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
New Mutation: Cops getting within 5 feet of you give you coronavirus, inflicting a poison effect that will downing you within 60 seconds.

30 seconds for Jiro or Rust.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EimiYoshikawa posted:

New Mutation: Cops getting within 5 feet of you give you coronavirus, inflicting a poison effect that will downing you within 60 seconds.

30 seconds for Jiro or Rust.

I do this whenever I use the airbow + pistol crossbow with poison bolts, shurikens and kunai. Bonus points for using gambler :grin:

The joke is gambler does not work on arrow or throwable pickups

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

So, I learned how to do this.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I can't believe I'm coming back to my dead gay shootmans. Thanks quarantine.

I read the OP but how much has really changed since the White House mission? Will my builds still be usable when I go back?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

I can't believe I'm coming back to my dead gay shootmans. Thanks quarantine.

I read the OP but how much has really changed since the White House mission? Will my builds still be usable when I go back?
gently caress all - and yes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
At this point it's public knowledge the prefix for this update is "skm", which means it's probably going to involve holdout updates of some kind.

Thread Contest

State what locations you think will be converted into holdout maps.

This is locations from existing maps.

Everyone gets six guesses, winner has the most correct. I have some extra gun and armor skins that can go to the winner.

Bonus challenge: guess the new weekly challenge modifiers and how they will be horribly bugged.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 25, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Are we picking holdout locations from existing maps, or just randomly picking a location assuming new maps?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Let's assume locations from existing maps, since that's mostly what they've done so far.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rats house, green bridge construction, shadow raid warehouse (indoors, first floor only), goat heist barn, beneath the mountain initial area.

They could also make each of the escapes holdout maps, it's not like people see them nowadays anyway.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I still need to do one of the new heists in stealth. Not the bank one, the airport remake.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Locations:
Henry's Rock, helipad
White House, PEOC
Overpass Escape, car park
The Bomb Dockyard, warehouses on the train side
Shacklethorne Auction, main hall
Transport Harbour, shipping crates

Weekly challenges:
Bulldozers have shields. It will override bulldozers to all be the same type.
A second hostage is added and both must also be defended. Regular holdouts sometimes accidentally use the secondary spot and sometimes both hostages are in the same spot.
Captain Winters will appear as a final boss. No bug, just a nigh impossible gently caress-you once your resources have already been depleted on the bulletspongedozers and he'll be as frustratingly ponderous getting into position as usual.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What is this Holdout you speak of, Vox?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It's that joke answer you give when someone asks where you got your monocle and tophat.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A game mode no one plays because of connection errors killing progress

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Man I’m coming back to this game after playing it a few years ago due to...well you know why. And uh, drat what the gently caress happened to the “story” for lack of a better word? I remember when it was a bank robbery simulator, now there’s a heist involving the White House? I’m not complaining, the dudes are still fun to shoot, it’s just kind of a drastic escalation.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It went according to Bo's great plan. A finale he had written half a decade prior, we have finally experienced it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Still Dismal posted:

Man I’m coming back to this game after playing it a few years ago due to...well you know why. And uh, drat what the gently caress happened to the “story” for lack of a better word? I remember when it was a bank robbery simulator, now there’s a heist involving the White House? I’m not complaining, the dudes are still fun to shoot, it’s just kind of a drastic escalation.

oh you don’t realize just what a loving escalation it’s been. it gets straight up indiana jones

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
All that talk about cop dimensions wasn't bullshit. There's, like, immortal conflicts in this bitch. I haven't even mentioned the body swap.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Still Dismal posted:

Come to the co-op goons discord, Still Dismal- we'll get you up to speed.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I still need to do one of the new heists in stealth. Not the bank one, the airport remake.

It's extremely finicky and difficult with a lot of RNG, but if you're game, I'm game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The old Safehouse.
The new Safehouse.
Framing Frame Trainyard.
Hoxout Parking Garage.
Hoxout FBI offices.
Biker Heist Day 2.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

HebrewMagic posted:

All that talk about cop dimensions wasn't bullshit. There's, like, immortal conflicts in this bitch. I haven't even mentioned the body swap.

It's still weird to me that "The Secret" in Payday 2 is like, the actual official story canon. In the first game the secret was basically just a big puzzle to solve that got you a bunch of extra loot and that was it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The non secret ending is better than the secret ending :colbert:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Agreed. Both of them definitely happened though.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

EorayMel posted:

Any world without Bain ain't one worth living in.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

Any world without Bain ain't one worth living in.

guys, the universal healthcare, go get it

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
So are folks still playing this? I had a long break but I had good times with you back then and was considering coming back.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yep, a number of folks are also returning to it or playing for the first time due to the quarantine

UPDATE HERE!

Surprising everyone, it's free, and all good news.

Skins now drop daily, and do not drop in safes.
There are five new Holdouts, and you can select freely from them, including applying the weekly challenge set to any of them.
36 new achievements and 10 new weapon colors associated with different wave clears in the holdouts.
A wide range of interface improvements, including a HUD pager count and converted enemy count.

We should expect some additional undocumented changes as well.

quote:

General
Fixed a crash when going into custody while using sentry guns
Fixed an issue with switching profiles after purchasing assets using the “sixth sense” skill
Fixed an infinite loading occurring while previewing skins on the Steam marketplace when the Steam Overlay was disabled
Levels
Fixed an issue on Big Oil day 2 where the Guards would not get alerted when the basement door was opened
Fixed a potential soft-lock on Biker Heist day 1 if certain doors were opened before the objective was triggered
Fixed some graphical issues with the fridges on Border Crossing
Fixed an issue on Brooklyn Bank where clients could get stuck inside the winch
Fixed an issue on Car Shop where civilians could get alerted when seeing a computer that has previously been hacked
Fixed an issue on Counterfeit where players could get stuck behind the ladder
Fixed an issue on Diamond Heist where the escape would not trigger
Fixed an issue on Firestarter day 2 where all team AI would stand on the same spot
Fixed an issue on No Mercy Hospital where the enemies could get stuck behind a wall
Fixed an issue on Rats day 1 where a sentry gun could be placed near the shed and the enemies would not be able to destroy it
Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the Fabergé egg did not have an outline
Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the AI would move around the level in stealth if a client had left the game
Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank with an invisible collision in a window by the side entrance
Fixed some minor graphical issue on San Martín Bank
Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the glass did not break when an AI jumped through the windows at the front of the bank
Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where you could interact with the cup through furniture
Fixed some gaps on San Martín Bank near the security boxes
Fixed an issue on Scarface Mansion where some debris could be seen floating above the ground
Fixed an issue on White House where the player could get stuck in a coat hanger
Removed folders from various levels related to the 2017 Locke & Load event that did not have any functionality
Weapons
Fixed skins that applied over the lens on sights
Made “Boost” weapon mods purchasable with Continental Coins
Fixed an issue with how the Advanced Combat Sight was applied to the Piglet Grenade Launcher
Text
Added descriptive text to items locked behind an achievement
Added a prompt for what button to use when tased
Fixed some issues with the Japanese font

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Since installing the new update the game won't load for me

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the new update broke super blt, remove the hook and it will work

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tried the big bank holdout, crashed randomly when I shot a window above the lobby to attack snipers

Payday is the same as it ever was

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:siren:The base modding hook, BLT, is currently incompatible with Payday 2. Remove the hookfile (winsock32.dll or iphlpapi.dll from the payday 2 folder to avoid crashing.:siren:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

how did i not notice that the elephant was played by Bokeem Woodbine until now?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Discendo Vox posted:

:siren:The base modding hook, BLT, is currently incompatible with Payday 2. Remove the hookfile (winsock32.dll or iphlpapi.dll from the payday 2 folder to avoid crashing.:siren:

It's been fixed btw, you'll need to redownload the hook file though

https://superblt.znix.xyz/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is there still an active discord for this with goons now that there’s an update? I made it through two holdouts via the pubstove but I feel like it was very very lucky and would love a real group