Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The blue angels and thunderbirds just flew over my house wonder how much this dumb bullshit cost lol

lmao makes me think the Colbert W era roast about how when the US fucks things we always try come back with carefully staged photo ops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Mr. Pizza posted:

someone please post the twitter guy who does daily updates with all the nice graphs and such

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol on the phone with my mom back home in puerto rico and she mentioned that there was a huge backup of cars in her street. She had no idea what it was and later found out that the catholic church was doing a drive through communion service.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wtf

https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/1256595917559328769

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Annie from Smoothbrain County Montana

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

smarxist posted:

Dr. Annie from Smoothbrain County Montana

lmao

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1256620342644109312?s=19

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
2900 in one day.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

2900 in one day.

We're just starting.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
that's an unusually editorialized caption on the photo

I mean it's obviously correct but I don't think the editor confirmed that this person was tired/sad or whatever

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

A lazy and slacking heathcare worker!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkPaFBjHKI8&hd=1

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Zeroisanumber posted:

2900 in one day.

didn’t we hit the low 3,000s sometime last week?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

2909 and i'm feeling fine, back to work everyone!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

triple sulk posted:

where can i get the solo cup mask

the ad came up again but you dont seem to have PMs so here hopefully you see it!
https://www.inspiremasks.com/?fbclid=IwAR0jFFMpkZwqtjOyCf5C5N4cJKm7Sk6iXa39MIpa4qXCv3DMC8fxDjszagg

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a 9/11 a day keeps the doctors at bay

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

the ad came up again but you dont seem to have PMs so here hopefully you see it!
https://www.inspiremasks.com/?fbclid=IwAR0jFFMpkZwqtjOyCf5C5N4cJKm7Sk6iXa39MIpa4qXCv3DMC8fxDjszagg

god bless

$20 but it does at least have a filter slot so it's kinda tempting

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

oxsnard posted:

that's an unusually editorialized caption on the photo

I mean it's obviously correct but I don't think the editor confirmed that this person was tired/sad or whatever

You sound like a Wikipedia admin

"your edit to article COVID-19 was reverted - those could have been tears of joy, need better sourcing!"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pump Jockey posted:

didn’t we hit the low 3,000s sometime last week?

i thought so as well

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1256617751411658753?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

so we're getting 20k to 35k new cases daily

and 2000 to 3000 deaths daily

this is roughly a 10% kill rate :q:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

triple sulk posted:

god bless

$20 but it does at least have a filter slot so it's kinda tempting

im buying a couple of everything with a cool pattern because whenever i have to go teach in my classroom again I'm wearing a drat mask every day.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
so apparently a lot of the hospitals in Harris county are mega pissed at the governor. And there are rumblings in some of the surrounding counties as well. Since the state usurped local/county orders, a few hospital administrations are trying to get the mayor to tell the state to gently caress off. Anyways should be fun since this kind of stuff is happening:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't want to be sick anymore. It's now hard to breathe and once I start coughing I almost puke it gets so violent. My stupid test was negative so if I don't have it then what's wrong with me? My doctor said something about other viruses they're seeing that are, and I quote, "not the flu but just as bad as covid-19" but WTF is that supposed to mean? Like? WTF? She also said she's not convinced I don't have it. What's the point of a test if it's not totally valid? Why would they put that on the market? I'm afraid to call her because I don't want to upset my husband who started to get angry with me yesterday for still being sick and all whiny and I get it, I was being pathetic and I guess he's going to say this is my normal asthma or something but that hasn't given me issues in a little bit. I'm scared and don't really have anywhere to turn. This is all bullshit

Echoing that you don't deserve to be yelled at for being sick and you're not pathetic being sick.

A couple things: Trouble breathing and violent, puke-coughing are big red warning signs others with covid have reported so please call your doc and/or consider going to the ER. Also, the covid tests will give false positive results so you could have it but the test didn't pick it up.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

so we're getting 20k to 35k new cases daily

and 2000 to 3000 deaths daily

this is roughly a 10% kill rate :q:
those are confirmed cases; divide that kill rate by about 10

still fuckin' brutal and preventable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

USA #1

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The blue angels and thunderbirds just flew over my house wonder how much this dumb bullshit cost lol
They said it isn’t costing us anything additional because they have to get a minimum number of flight hours anyway so they’re doing this instead of what they usually do. It kinda feels like it’s just a trap to get people to go outside to congregate and get the roni though.

BUSH 2112 posted:

tbh i think that in a meta-analysis of several of these types of studies it's been shown to basically be just random, which isn't any better. there definitely were some bullshit studies by conservative orgs in the late 80's and early 90's that claimed to show that prayer was effective, but they were all later completely discredited. evangelical nutballs still cite them to this day, tho
Of course it’s random. These studies line up with studies on healing and “positive thinking”. Believing in a deity or energy or optimism doesn’t impact healing one way or the other. Which is kinda lame since people tell you relentlessly when you’re sick to stay positive and think good thoughts and they’re praying for you and it’d be cool if it helped.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They said it isn’t costing us anything additional because they have to get a minimum number of flight hours anyway so they’re doing this instead of what they usually do. It kinda feels like it’s just a trap to get people to go outside to congregate and get the roni though.

Of course it’s random. These studies line up with studies on healing and “positive thinking”. Believing in a deity or energy or optimism doesn’t impact healing one way or the other. Which is kinda lame since people tell you relentlessly when you’re sick to stay positive and think good thoughts and they’re praying for you and it’d be cool if it helped.

I mean it probably helps to at least try not to be in a full goon despair hole right like we make ourselves sick from cracking and pinging constantly

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Trixie Hardcore posted:

lol between them they get 70 million a year

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you compare the deaths from COVID to 9/11 and the ensuing wars just think of all of the spending the government is going to do in the next decade to enrich everyone's lives.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Bukacek, age 62, has been a well-known figure in Montana for more than a decade. She lives in the city of Kalispell but is known across the state for carrying plastic fetuses with her as props in her capacity as the president of the Montana Pro-Life Coalition. She was investigated (but not prosecuted) for Medicaid fraud in 2009, following allegations she had billed for time spent praying with patients. (At the time, Bukacek said she had been unfairly targeted because of her anti-abortion activism). Bukacek, who remains firmly opposed to what she calls “Obamacare,” no longer has admitting privileges at the area hospital, Kalispell Regional Healthcare. But as the head of a private “concierge” practice called Hosanna Health.

:patriot:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

60k per hour per plane

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what kinda simp gives a poo poo about a loud fast airplane lmao

:downsbravo: hehe look at the expensive noisy thing for 6 seconds

grow up

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We’re driving down into Rostraver PA on Rt 51 today to do some trail riding and we just passed a roadside bbq/ice cream place. Packed to the tits. So many cars I thought it was a dealership storage lot at first. Piles of people in line and congregating at tables. No distancing at all. Good god.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

snoo posted:

what kinda simp gives a poo poo about a loud fast airplane lmao

:downsbravo: hehe look at the expensive noisy thing for 6 seconds

grow up

lol every year at navy commencement the suburbs around annapolis become a parking lot of slack jawed yokels gawking at loud airplane

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I saw an A-10 flyover at a football game and it was pretty cool

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Airplanes are cool and we'd have warplanes and likely all this pageantry even under fully automatic luxury gay space communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

oxsnard posted:

I saw an A-10 flyover at a football game and it was pretty cool

a-10s at martin state airport are p cool if you're a maryland goon and can brave loony tunes tshirts in essex

they do combat take off drills there pretty often, plus foxtrot flies out of there