Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

deathbagel posted:

I think there must be some other part to it as well, because I have 5 total pieces of Hunchbacks (3 different variants) and I can't build a Hunchback, maybe certain chassis aren't compatible. I do notice that the chassis are different colors (4 of the Hunchback pieces are a yellowish color and 1 is just the standard color, maybe I need to have 5 gold pieces or 5 regular color pieces, I think I have a purple one too?)

You do have to have a majority of one variant type to assemble, typically, depending on how the mod is set up. As an example for a campaign with 4 parts per mech, if you have 2 pieces of variant 1, and one piece each of variant 2 and 3, then you can only build a complete mech of variant 1.

In the typical Mech Assembly modded bay, green parts signify you have enough of those parts to build a complete mech of that variant. Yellow parts are highlighted to show you can build a mech with them (but it might be some other variant, and you might not have the majority needed to build), and teal parts are completely built mechs that you've stripped and stored.

Here's an example from my current campaign:

In this image, I can build a full version of either Commando, because I have 2 or more parts from each variant. But I can only build a full version of the Locust 1V, because I only have one part each of the Locust 3M or 4P.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I legit recommend The Periphery is a Harsh Mistress. Three mission tonnage limited campaign (but in the more fun way where you can budget a heavy 75 ton) with some legit bonkers setups.

Has anyone actually completed the Target Acquisition mission while actually destroying the OpFor? The tonnage limits pretty much force you into 'jump into the zones then GTFO and extract' mode.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Where is the Draconis ally flashpoint? I allied with them but I don't see it on the map. Is it named something other than alliance flashpoint like the others?

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Does anyone have a list of the planets that have faction stores? I can't for the life of me find them anywhere.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm pretty sure there is a map filter for faction stores.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Demtor posted:

Does anyone have a list of the planets that have faction stores? I can't for the life of me find them anywhere.

Canopus - Early Dawn, Dunianshire
Davion - Bromhead, Brockway
Kurita - Antias
Liao - Victoria, Principia
Marik - Thurrock, Fagerholm
Steiner - Merlin
Taurians - Taurus, New Vandenburg

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Thank you, so so much!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Not from what I can tell. One would think that'd be a thing. It doesn't seem to be though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TotalLossBrain posted:

There doesn't need to be, in theory. They show up permanently on the map once you ally with the faction like the Black Market does.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PoptartsNinja posted:

There doesn't need to be, in theory. They show up permanently on the map once you ally with the faction like the Black Market does.

That's probably what I was thinking of, then.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

I blind downloaded a mod flashpoint called "It Came from The Rim" which involved helping dude smuggle a LostTech ECM suite off a planet which drew the attention of a criminal syndicate called the "the eye." A couple days later I got an event popup that homeboy sold me out gave me an option to interrogate him in the Zero-G pool. He wouldn't talk so I spaced him (didn't get a choice).

So yeah, I waterboarded and murdered a dude who rode with me from the jump on the say so of a trash NPC faction.

I ain't even mad. I did NOT see this twist coming.

Edit: these mod flashpoints are some wild poo poo. I'm currently suicide charging a 4 Marauder lance on a moon map while supported by 4 firestarters.

That poo poo's wild, but I can't even bear the thought of Glitch potentially being a traitor. :(

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I think there's other ways that event can go, too. I don't remember executing anyone. I didn't finish the flashpoint though, idk if it did this for you but for me it ended up spawning lances of only cicadas.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Gwaihir posted:

You do have to have a majority of one variant type to assemble, typically, depending on how the mod is set up. As an example for a campaign with 4 parts per mech, if you have 2 pieces of variant 1, and one piece each of variant 2 and 3, then you can only build a complete mech of variant 1.

In the typical Mech Assembly modded bay, green parts signify you have enough of those parts to build a complete mech of that variant. Yellow parts are highlighted to show you can build a mech with them (but it might be some other variant, and you might not have the majority needed to build), and teal parts are completely built mechs that you've stripped and stored.

Here's an example from my current campaign:

In this image, I can build a full version of either Commando, because I have 2 or more parts from each variant. But I can only build a full version of the Locust 1V, because I only have one part each of the Locust 3M or 4P.

What mod does that?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Taerkar posted:

What mod does that?

RogueTech uses customsalvage, but the 1.9 compile is only in RT itself and depends on customcomponents.

SalvageOperations is easier standalone, but doesn't do the coloring of parts.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Taerkar posted:

What mod does that?

I'm playing Battletech: Advanced 3062. I think it uses the same custom salvage mod.

e: Yeah, it's Custom Salvage and Custom Components. You can find both on https://github.com/BattletechModders

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 29, 2020

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Klyith posted:

RogueTech uses customsalvage, but the 1.9 compile is only in RT itself and depends on customcomponents.

SalvageOperations is easier standalone, but doesn't do the coloring of parts.

It's amazing how I don't even use RT and it still manages to annoy me.

I saw Salvage Operations so I'll give that a try.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Taerkar posted:

It's amazing how I don't even use RT and it still manages to annoy me.

I think the 1.9 only being in RT is the original modder not being active, not RT keeping stuff for themselves. You can download the files RT uses from RT's github if you want it.

(But also I think just using Salvage Operations is better anyways -- when I removed customcomponents from my mod rota I feel like I saw less hitching during game events like mechs blowing up.)

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

PunkBoy posted:

That poo poo's wild, but I can't even bear the thought of Glitch potentially being a traitor. :(

Nope. That's a game over condition.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm done with the campaign, and I'm looking to install some light mods before I start a career. I'm perfectly fine with the variety of mechs in the unmodded game, but I'd like more well-written flashpoints, if there are any. Also a better challenge, ideally some way to reduce the disparity between the player and the AI, once ++/+++ and HM gear comes into play. Is there such a thing?

I'd be happy with just a basic AI upgrade, but I have no idea if the goon-made AI mod even works with the latest patch, or if there are any alternatives. I've picked up a bunch of stuff that sounds interesting, but I have no idea if these work together.

It Came From the Rim
Jinxed
The Periphery is a Harsh Mistress

These are flashpoints from the Hyades Rim campaign modder.

BetterAI-1.7
Real Hit Chance
Panic System
Pilot Health Popup

These all seem to be older and I have no idea if they still work properly.

Flashpoints Worthwhile Rewards
Stores Restored

Better rewards from flashpoints, but fewer stuff in stores. I hope I can combine them.

Mission Control
SLDF Incoming

Again, I have no idea if there are comflicts between these, or how well MC works out of the box.

Am I missing anything else that's recommended? Anything to make recovering from low reputation less of a hassle? I also seem to remember a way to make easier flashpoints appear earlier, but I don't remember if that was a mod or just some editing instructions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is there anything more butthole clenching than having your best mech’s center torso left with single digit structure?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
gently caress the faction flashpoint with a 50 ton per Mech limit where it's an assassination mission against 3 Lances of heavies and assaults in particular.

I got out of there with a main character pilot with full damage due to head destruction, and a bunch of other Mechs with missing torsos that used to be stuffed with lostech. Only reason I won is by jumping a severely damaged Phoenix Hawk into the pickup zone and ejecting everyone else in the same round.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

If you're playing with mech destruction enabled ejecting doesn't destroy the mech. Usually less devastating to do that than to replace a bunch of ++ gear.

Edit: the flashpoint against 3 heavy lances owns and I want more like it, where victory isn't a sure or easy thing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Great Beer posted:

If you're playing with mech destruction enabled ejecting doesn't destroy the mech. Usually less devastating to do that than to replace a bunch of ++ gear.

Didn't get the chance, unfortunately, as a Lance of Assaults worth of direct fire and two other Lances of indirect fire knocked out 4 side torsos on 3 different Mechs in the first round of contact.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Is there anything more butthole clenching than having your best mech’s center torso left with single digit structure?

Having said 'Mech's head be left with single digit structure

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Technowolf posted:

Having said 'Mech's head be left with single digit structure
:hmmyes:

Bonus points if it's the single mercy point of structure that HBS added to the head to keep 'Mechs from getting headcapped by an AC-10.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Hannibal Rex posted:

Mission Control
SLDF Incoming

Again, I have no idea if there are comflicts between these, or how well MC works out of the box.

I haven't tested, but from a general look at how Mission Control works I think it should be compatible. MC has code comments indicating that additional lances are loaded from the standard lances set, which are what my mod modifies. MC doesn't change them either so load order shouldn't matter.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme
Just popping in to tell that the BSK-M3 is the ultimate LRM boat. You have ammo for days and still room for heat sinks, TTS and 10+ tons of armor. I still have to try it in LRM70 + mortar configuration. Theoretically you could fit LRM80 + mortar to HGN-733 but then you would really be lacking in ammo and/or completely without armor.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Is there any region where the black market is more likely to have TTSes? The computer was inconsiderate enough to blow the TTS out of my Annihilator, and I might just cross the stars to get a new one.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hannibal Rex posted:

Flashpoints Worthwhile Rewards
Stores Restored

Better rewards from flashpoints, but fewer stuff in stores. I hope I can combine them.

Without really looking at them, it's a safe bet that they work together. Stores and flashpoint rewards don't have any overlap that I'm aware of.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So the game let's you mount 4 hatchets on a Griffin

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You can mount several vectored thrust kits on your mediums, making all those phoenixes worth the salvage

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

I still don't understand how to do this. I know it involves mech destruction, but do you just suicide your own mechs using bad pilots?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yesterday, Darius was surprised by some bad intel from our local government agent - the pirates we were supposed to defeat were backed up by pirates, in colors that weren't black and red! The enemy pirate mechs, which definitely weren't black or red, and the enemy pirate mechs which definitely were, were in a joint operation. Luckily, the pirates and the pirates were outflanked and I won, and Darius went off to yell at the agent because they didn't say anything about the pirates, only the pirates.

:haw:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Dyz posted:

I still don't understand how to do this. I know it involves mech destruction, but do you just suicide your own mechs using bad pilots?

You have to play with Center Torso mech destruction and develop a short term paid internship program.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Name each one "suicide sled" and promote anybody who survives

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Like if you're gonna intentionally exploit to get the zero-weight items, just grab CustomComponents so they drop like all other equipment from enemy mechs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm working on a little mod that duplicates the effects of the custom Heavy Metal equipment that can be purchased from stores on Star League planets and in the Black Market, cost a small amount of tonnage, and can be mounted on all 'Mechs.

I haven't published it because I'm still trying to figure out a way to make the parts unique (since there's stack limits on the effect), but I'm starting to suspect it's not actually possible to do that.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PoptartsNinja posted:

I haven't published it because I'm still trying to figure out a way to make the parts unique (since there's stack limits on the effect), but I'm starting to suspect it's not actually possible to do that.

How do you mean? Stack limits are matched by the Id tag in the effect, and you can re-use the same Id tag on two different pieces of equipment. (That's how PPCs were for most of the game's history: they all had the same sensors impaired effect Id, and it had stacklimit 1.) So using the same Id as the original equipment will mean you can't double-stack the annihilator damage bonus for example.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the stack limit is easy. The effects don't stack. It doesn't stop you from throwing three "recoil compensators" into a 'Mech even though two of them do nothing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, the stack limit is easy. The effects don't stack. It doesn't stop you from throwing three "recoil compensators" into a 'Mech even though two of them do nothing.

Oh, that type of limit. No, you can't do that without code mods. CustomComponents can do it with MaxEquiped tags, and other things like disallow two different tags on things from being used at the same time.

But honestly I just wouldn't bother. The people using mods are deep enough into the game to understand stacking limits. You could mention it in the description if you wanted.

edit: also I'm pretty meh on CustomComponents these days. I noticed a big performance change when I moved from 1.8 using CC to 1.9 and not using it. Not a constant thing, just the amount of hitch when mechs got parts blown off or totally killed. My guess is the game has to re-calculate a mech when stuff is destroyed, and CC slows that down.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'll have to try a vanilla install to compare. I do notice a serious amount of hitching if I use stuff like 6 LBX10s and just absolutely sandblast something to death, but if I kill something with my 12 laser Blackhawk it's totally smooth.