Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pomp posted:

While cops will silently use the cover of enforcement to enact their agenda, the proud boys will go get into a fist fight with a homeless encampment and get shanked by someone who likely had a swastika on their body

Edit:They're all fratboy idiots because the competent ones are groomed out

If by groomed you mean pledged out. They're literally like a frat and have stupid initiation rituals including giving up masturbation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256202305680158720

lmao hellworld

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao literally negotiate with terrorists

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol even trump is using that "I see you" language

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If by groomed you mean pledged out. They're literally like a frat and have stupid initiation rituals including giving up masturbation.

America will split based on pro-cum vs anti-cum

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Blockade posted:

:cumpolice:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Blockade posted:

well gently caress it’s everyone against the Proud Boys? hardly seems fair

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

It'll be marked in history books as the pre-cum and post-cum times.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Colorado is hiding tests from the Feds now too
https://twitter.com/cprwarner/status/1255978035880226817?s=20

Even Jeet getting ready for some balking
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1256271928760778754?s=20

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I want Ohio to raid Pennsylvania's testing supplies. Just a bunch of chud cop commandos with camo facepaint motoring up the Ohio River to cross the border and conduct a night raid like its loving Apocalypse Now but with trailer parks. gently caress I really want that

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Fluvial Balkanisation. Let's divide ourselves like the rain does

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Every morning I wake up and think, "I've got to get out of Tennessee".

Thanks to this thread I wake up and still think that, then the Kill Bill sirens go off in my head.

I've got to get out of this state.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Gonna have to start planning some underground railroads itt

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Fluvial Balkanisation. Let's divide ourselves like the rain does

New state names.

1. New England
2. Columbia
3. South Eastern Conference
4. Michigan
5. Ohio
6. Tennessee
7. Midwest
8. Louisiana
9. Dakota
10. Great Plains
11. Oklahoma
12. Texas
13. Rio Grande
14. Colorado
15. Arizona
16. Deseret
17. Cascadia
18. California

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

lmao literally negotiate with terrorists

Alt right People barging into the state capitol with assault rifles in hand should be listened to and rewarded for their behavior!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Blockade posted:

Culturally America has always been pro-cum, the real debate is whether you should feel guilty after the act or not

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Think you might have missed the point entirely.

But to address your point, if we're going all the way back to the MOVE bombing for examples, we know that the cops were intentionally inserting people like William O'Neal or turning people like Eldridge Cleaver in the Panthers to advocate adventurist tactics, and then using that as justification to arrest or assassinate leaders in the party. But there's plenty of lower profile cases of the FBI giving environmental and animal liberationist groups explosives in the 90s. With what we know of GLADIO and other 'stay behind' formations, it'd be naive to think they've never pushed people towards violence, given someone explosives or weapons and then just allowed the plot to go ahead.

e: Like look at the poo poo they get up to
https://theintercept.com/2015/03/16/howthefbicreatedaterrorist/

I mean I'm aware that the cops infiltrate leftists, that pretty much goes with out saying. Generally when someone says something that goes without saying, you assume they're saying something else.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Yeah right wing mega richies use these groups as part of a strategy of tension, they come off the shelf whenever capitalism is in crisis, scare everyone, then go back on the shelf after a few attacks and arrests. The government infiltrators are there to keep them on the rails basically, and generate a few arrests every once in a while to seem busy. They almost certainly do the same thing (albeit less frequently) with certain left wing militant groups.

'almost' certainly.

Cop infiltration was the tag end of a post that's 90% about how right wing groups are top-down created, funded, and deployed, and uses the infiltration/arrests to illustrate how the groups are weakened but deliberately not destroyed, like the somehow still extant Michigan Militia. If all he's trying to say is that cops also infiltrate lefty groups to make arrests, well no poo poo. You could say the same about drug cartels, rub-and-tug massage parlors, and kids posting about their upcoming weekend kegger on facebook. If he's trying to compare agents provacateurs to, like, the FBI spending three years grooming a developmentally disabled muslim kid to carry a bomb so they can arrest him as a terrorist, that's just a completely wrong comparison.

e: work posting, they block the intercept so I didn't bother clicking the link you included. Just moused over though, and it seems like we both have the same gross FBI story top of the dome. Good on you, when they throw us in the Pence/DeVos Get Your Head Right Camps Brought to You By Goodyear, I'll buy you a coke.

I'm also not aware that MOVE did literally anything but be your prototypical gross hippies, but black. MOVE and the Black Panthers were way different and if you know about a government informant/provacateur, well, I haven't but I guess I'm willing to be educated. Pretty sure the whole thing was a neighbor complaint about a compost pile that spiraled.

Not trying to be combative here, dude's dead on about how the right wing chuds are used and busted but never destroyed by those in power, but in general, in American politics, anyone who tries to draw a line between right politics and left politics is either being very careless with language, enormously ignorant, or consciously bad faith.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 01:54 on May 2, 2020

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I bring news that New Hampshire will abandon the Atlantic Alliance and join the Neo-Confederacy in reopening shortly.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Balkanize me, captain

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
if colorado kicks off the american balkanization then i want everyone to know that i came up with "the great divide" first. also dibs on "the continental divide"

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Just waiting for an opportunity to name a COVID19 inspired conflict "The Uprising of the Lights"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CursedMaps/status/1256462482371162112?s=19

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Gichi-gami will be a Minnesotan lake

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

been playing shattered union again thanks to this thread

lmao I’m just firebombing cleveland every time I see it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Thump! posted:

been playing shattered union again thanks to this thread

lmao I’m just firebombing cleveland every time I see it

It's a fun game, shame it didn't get the recognition.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Byzantine posted:

It's a fun game, shame it didn't get the recognition.

It really is. I wish it had gotten some better modding and crowd support. For a hex rts game it’s really addicting and had lot’s of possibilities

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

havent played it in forever but i remember it being very difficult

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

havent played it in forever but i remember it being very difficult

Yeah, if you don’t edit the INI file to change your income rates, it becomes nigh impossible at least for me since the AI dogpiles you a bit

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

plus it’s only five bucks on Steam so :toot:

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
When California separates, can we just leave Orange County behind? Or even better, just build a Chernobyl dome over it?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
can you run it windowed this is a make or break for me

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

can you run it windowed this is a make or break for me

Yeah you can, it’s a bit unstable these days but it’s not that bad

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Cuomo currently talking about the regional purchasing consortium for PPE, cutting out kushner and his FEMA to McKesson stockpile

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

while I like how the UP is Srpska in this scenario they REALLY should have made Missouri Bosnia

especially because i can go down the road and get some bitchin' cevapi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its funny to me how indiana is the only state in the entire midwest with a single central metropolis that is not dependent on interstate workforces, etc. idk why im lol about it tho. maybe cause its the only smart think indiana ever did.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

its funny to me how indiana is the only state in the entire midwest with a single central metropolis that is not dependent on interstate workforces, etc. idk why im lol about it tho. maybe cause its the only smart think indiana ever did.

Cleveland isn't exactly accessible from either MI or PA and Columbus just a capital and college town but if you consider Indy a metropolis I feel like you have to give it to Columbus as well since they're almost exactly the same size.

Detroit I guess you could commute from OH but no one does though I guess it is border-adjacent.

I feel like the thing that's throwing you off is that Indianapolis is being presented as way more important than it is compared to its neighbors. All the other states have similarly central cities that are just as big and important as Indy but aren't their states' biggest cities.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I wonder which states/sub-federal regions are diversified enough economically to form autarkies? Could the Midwest be self-sufficient on its own?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

Its because the state refused to invest anywhere else during the growth in industry unlike its neighbors. It's why Indiana is a poor backwater. Indy sits near no harbor or major river or anything, it's literally just in the middle of nowhere.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder which states/sub-federal regions are diversified enough economically to form autarkies? Could the Midwest be self-sufficient on its own?

what do you define as "self-sufficiency"? knocking off the rust from the dead factories and reopening them might take awhile, but there's more than enough food, water, and lumber here to support a population indefinitely in the event of national/global collapse, we just wouldn't have the various doodads that entertain us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Well, self-sufficient in an industrial fashion at some basic level. Like, it's a bit meaningless to define 'self-sufficient' as "Habitable on a food/water/shelter production and survival" basis, because that broadly encompasses a fairly large part of Earth's land surface, the deserts and so on aside, since human populations were self-sufficient almost everywhere pre-industrially.