Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1256965620006035457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Skypie posted:

i mean, given how everything is opening up and people are acting like there's not still a deadly virus on the rise, he's probably not wrong :v:

Americans hate each other

Apr 7, 2003

I’ve been watching the PA subreddit because that’s where all the chuds in the state post, and also because I love to inflict mental wounds on myself. Consensus is that this is a “city disease” and that they’re somehow immune to it because they’re not “crammed like sardines into cities.” I was out cycling yesterday in Fayette County and there was a loving parade in Connellsville. Mid May should be a blast.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://mobile.twitter.com/XHNews/s...s-5-3-2020.html

CHAOTIC NIECE
Jul 2, 2007
a little

:captainpop:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

shovelbum posted:

So are we going to try a nuclear first strike against China? We could probably leave China an irradiated heap while only losing all of our major cities and some infrastructure in return and chuds hate that poo poo. The size of the arsenals is really really lopsided in our favor.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The US will never declare war. They'll be trying to kick China's economy in the shins which will be hilariously ineffective.

This. Trump will announce more tariff sanctions and we will just end up seeing more US farmers complain about losing everything but will still support Don in the end.
And China and Russia will just laugh and continue as normal trying to trick the US into more forever wars.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

lmao its lego PRC southpark

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1257010021671604224?s=19

Idk seems like the media wants a war too

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TotalHell posted:

as a Xilennial I would happily go to this

i didnt know china was offering youth branding like this

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what it lacks in subtlety and punchy dialogue, it makes up for w accuracy :thunk:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

You don’t actually have to pay attention to anything Pompeo says.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

Cuomo's update today has all
the governors from the Northeast Consortium involved and they're talking about the de-facto public health system they've built, it would be cool if we just split off from the rest of the nation and turtled up for another year.

a thread you might be interested in is, balkanization

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Man Musk posted:

Trump is saying the same stuff.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Squizzle posted:

i didnt know china was offering youth branding like this

he is ripping off will smith & i wont stand for it

potect our ip for the sake of willenials and our children

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pancake rabbit posted:

weird you'd think they would start locking the windows if people are just falling out like that!

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1257013566663806976

Assassinating doctors, as you do, during a pandemic

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

We just fire em

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

shovelbum posted:

We just fire em

Cutting pay and not providing free PPE while simultaneously supporting a society that forces work for basic rights like healthcare is essentially assassinating doctors, yes.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Trump is saying the same stuff.

He’s even more transparent when it comes to saber rattling, whether from intention or lack of ability to follow through.

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 19:57 on May 3, 2020

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Flesh Forge posted:

trump believes he can say things and they become real, he genuinely believes in his brain that when he says that poo poo it will come true and he's trying to help.
e: when he says inject bleach or drink fishbowl cleaner, he really sincerely was trying to help :shrug:
I keep saying this but people don’t listen. He literally thinks he can change reality through force of will due to having a broke brain, a fragile reactionary ego and a lifetime of evidence that it works.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

oh no what will Americans do with restricted grocery options, this is compeletely unprecedented unless you lived in the 70s
Well if you’re my parents, who lived through the 70s, you just go to multiple grocery stores in one day like three times a week. It’s okay, it’s senior hour.

lol how do you have war with a country that makes all your poo poo? How does that work? What if we need something? It’s not like we are going to make things ourselves, we literally can’t do that anymore, how would this hypothetical war work? I do not believe anyone in power is seriously serious about this.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

pancake rabbit posted:

weird you'd think they would start locking the windows if people are just falling out like that!

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1257013566663806976

haha yeah, but have you seen Shirtless Putin riding a horse memes? Now THATS a leader I would like, in America!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trixie Hardcore posted:

lol how do you have war with a country that makes all your poo poo? How does that work? What if we need something? It’s not like we are going to make things ourselves, we literally can’t do that anymore, how would this hypothetical war work? I do not believe anyone in power is seriously serious about this.

The people in power physically cannot understand physical realities like these. They think our big Number translates directly into military might like WW2 like you can transform a high frequency trading datacenter into a tank factory as easily as a tractor plant

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
just peaked at the D&D thread and they're taking the D'souza tweet seriously, discussing the 30k death total, and spending pages talking about how "doomsayers" who say we won't have mass gatherings until a vaccine are the real problem

incredible stuff here people

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Atoramos posted:

Cutting pay and not providing free PPE while simultaneously supporting a society that forces work for basic rights like healthcare is essentially assassinating doctors, yes.

I’m gonna say given the option I’d rather be fired than thrown out a window, but you go

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

they dont want a war they always kayfabe like that

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

haha yeah, but have you seen Shirtless Putin riding a horse memes? Now THATS a leader I would like, in America!

well we have pence for that.

t-banned
Oct 15, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

COVID-420 posted:

just peaked at D&D
there's yer problem

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

COVID-420 posted:

just peaked at the D&D thread and they're taking the D'souza tweet seriously, discussing the 30k death total, and spending pages talking about how "doomsayers" who say we won't have mass gatherings until a vaccine are the real problem

incredible stuff here people

Next month I want to do a cum deaths pool for GBS, D&D, and C-SPAM and put to rest which forum is best forever (lol D&D would probably just use the IHME model)

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’ve been watching the PA subreddit because that’s where all the chuds in the state post, and also because I love to inflict mental wounds on myself. Consensus is that this is a “city disease” and that they’re somehow immune to it because they’re not “crammed like sardines into cities.” I was out cycling yesterday in Fayette County and there was a loving parade in Connellsville. Mid May should be a blast.

I was hiking with my wife in SE PA yesterday. Out of probably a hundred people we saw, only us and two other people were even wearing masks, let alone social distancing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rauros posted:

i'm in a college town in georgia, and it's a lost cause. yesterday, when i had to carefully run through town to connect my isolated trail loop, a bunch of road runners were running in tight groups without a care in the world.

Its exactly the same in Chicago and its suburbs. Every path is crowded as hell and literally everyone thinks outside = no mask

Oh and I went to a less desirable park with my 4 year old kid to play in the open fields there, but used the path in. I was on the edge of the path and my kid to the right in the grass. rear end in a top hat dog owners came the other way not paying attention and their medium sized dog darted behind me to maul my kid, complete with puncture wounds and now he's scared of all dogs. I hate everyone

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Man Musk posted:

Of the people in charge he's the one who most wants a holy war. Even Pence is more pragmatic.

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Its exactly the same in Chicago and its suburbs. Every path is crowded as hell and literally everyone thinks outside = no mask

Oh and I went to a less desirable park with my 4 year old kid to play in the open fields there, but used the path in. I was on the edge of the path and my kid to the right in the grass. rear end in a top hat dog owners came the other way not paying attention and their medium sized dog darted behind me to maul my kid, complete with puncture wounds and now he's scared of all dogs. I hate everyone

haha, remember that time an Iowa expat in San Francisco got mad because a security guard eating lunch in a park didn't give his dog some food, so he called the cops and they came and murdered the security guard? Those were some good times.

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

haha, remember that time an Iowa expat in San Francisco got mad because a security guard eating lunch in a park didn't give his dog some food, so he called the cops and they came and murdered the security guard? Those were some good times.

(https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-shooting-bernal-heights-park-officer-involved/14679/)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

In case anyone was unsure how their graphs are trending:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/mississippi-coronavirus-cases.html
:tif:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Next month I want to do a cum deaths pool for GBS, D&D, and C-SPAM and put to rest which forum is best forever (lol D&D would probably just use the IHME model)

Oh that reminds me, the week is almost up. It must be nearly time for the IHME to rejigger their model again

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SKULL.GIF posted:

look, if they weren't too stupid to live they wouldn't complain publicly, can't have people thinking they're immune to discipline just because they're useful

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mastershakeman posted:

Did you kill the dog? Also your kid is right to be scared of dogs, they're not socialized for poo poo and most owners don't train them at all. If your dog mauls someone you should absolutely lose a limb matching the one mauled and if you don't agree to that don't have dogs.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That's weird, I was randomly thinking about this song the other day and here it is. How does it relate to corona tho

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

shovelbum posted:

The people in power physically cannot understand physical realities like these. They think our big Number translates directly into military might like WW2 like you can transform a high frequency trading datacenter into a tank factory as easily as a tractor plant

See: Steven Mnuchin going on TV to say that the $1,200 in TRUMPBUX is supposed to cover living expenses for 10 weeks.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

in the 1850-60s the south went to war with the country that made all their poo poo and they only lasted a few years.

a small but loud minority couldn’t make it two months without a haircut. you think they’ll make it more than a few weeks of complete supply chain loss? if Walmart closes, most places won’t know what to do.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

dumb
as
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

everyone