Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Rock My Socks! posted:

I wish they still made phones like this. You get a big screen and a physical keyboard; best of both worlds

holy poo poo was that some micromachines model lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

other people posted:

holy poo poo was that some micromachines model lol

It’s the G1, the first Android phone. Same screen size (3.5”) as the original iPhone I think?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
why does a giant even need a phone

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Continuity RCP posted:

no need to touch type if you just swipe

Swipe is a godsend

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

T-man posted:

I replaced my frontal lobe with a BCI so I can post simultaneously on every website at once

Do you even need to turn on your monitor?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

Goon thumbs too fat

For real. Every time I have to use a non-Swype keyboard, it's always "yes, those were the five keys I meant to hit, thanks." Even on big phones (Pixel 3XL).

I didn't switch to a touchscreen keyboard until Swype was a thing.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Rock My Socks! posted:

I wish they still made phones like this. You get a big screen and a physical keyboard; best of both worlds

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
goons pining for bad old phones is very On Brand

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Rock My Socks! posted:

people used to have huge hands i guess

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

taqueso posted:

people used to have huge hands i guess

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

pictured life size apparently

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Peanut Butler posted:

for all the things my country has done in the dumbest way possible, the stick of butter/marg with volume indicated on the wax paper is a shining light of making sense
That is not unique to America. Only we have the measurements in grams instead of hogsheads.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tiggum posted:

That is not unique to America. Only we have the measurements in grams instead of hogsheads.

My brit friend is visiting (well, stuck here now that the planes aren't working) and she was amazed that butter comes in sticks with measurements on them and thought it was very clever :colbert:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

believe it or not you can get a blackberry with a keyboard on it still, or at least you could like 6 months ago, it's improved the quality of my drunk texting tenfold

unrelated but it's hard to convince people you're hammered when all your words are the right ones and not just some weird poo poo autocomplete decided to vomit out

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I like land o'lakes butter because when you buy it it shows up on your receipt as LOL BUTTER

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the fancy Challenge Butter with the volume guide offset by nearly half a tablespoon while my generic $2.50 Moovelous brand is always lined up, smgdh

did not know that sticks aren't prevalent out west and blocks aren't prevalent out east, huh

I like to keep both kinds, because it is convenient and for some reason very funny to me to have a big ol 1-1.5lb hunk of butter in the fridge, since most of the time I'm not measuring it really

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
I wish it were easier to find Elgin sticks where I live, because those fat ones suck to work with (especially cold). It's one of the very few things I miss about the midwest.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

I'm an east-coast transplant to CA and nothing fits in my motherfucking butter dish here. I thought I'd gone mad.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I thought that was a half stick or something but no it’s the whole thing

I guess I just have never purchased stick butter while living in California

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Holy poo poo, lifelong left coast (well, Arizona and the coast) and I had no idea butter came in different forms. I kinda prefer the longer form factor tho ngl. Now I'll see butter as chodes.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Tiggum posted:

commie bullshit

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The butter measurements on paper are cool enough I guess but we're still living in the past compared to stuff like this:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Having grown up with the giant blocks of butter, when the store started selling the Eastern style sticks with the measurements on the wrapper it blew my mind.

It's still niche here, a box of 4 sticks among the wall of giant bricks.

less than three has issued a correction as of 06:10 on May 4, 2020

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The butter measurements on paper are cool enough I guess but we're still living in the past compared to stuff like this:

lmao except butter costs like $10/lb in Japan

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gonna go open my japanese dairy farm sounds like an opportunity. they got plenty of grazing land, right?

plus then i can get a surgery to finally become anime

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!
My take is the west coast butter blocks are designed that way to get you to use more. Slicing off a thin pat is harder on the giant blocks, but on the long slim east coast sticks it's easier to get a small amount.

I too was an east coast transplant to CA and lamented trying to fit the big blocks in my old dish - it would just smoosh and get everywhere when i put on the lid.

edit: content

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
In Australia you can buy butter in giant tubs.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

omg i was wondering what was up with that. i thought they replaced all the sticks with stubby blocks or whatever without me noticing bc i had been buying kerrygold for a few months straight after i moved out here, but its just a regional thing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You are like a baby.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

they make silicone stick molds with tbsp indentations and either they're p much all branded to imply that they're for making weed butter or google has figured out the only reason I'd buy one

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

In Australia you can buy butter in giant tubs.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/48023/supafry-solid-oil

I imagine the people who get lovely at vegans are the same ones buying whatever the gently caress this is.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Peanut Butler posted:

they make silicone stick molds with tbsp indentations and either they're p much all branded to imply that they're for making weed butter or google has figured out the only reason I'd buy one

compound butter is a thing!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

I imagine the people who get lovely at vegans are the same ones buying whatever the gently caress this is.

There are 37.7 kJ in 1 gram of fat so that is some insanely pure fat there. :btroll:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's just lard, what's the big deal?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's pretty clearly labelled. :confused:

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

quote:

serving size: 100g

:eyepop:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I prefer quicker suicide methods.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I can't believe it's not butter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum