Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

shovelbum posted:

Yeah it would be mutual annihilation in a full scale war, they'd lose everything and we'd get away with like losing uh, 85% of our population if my napkin math is correct

yeah whatever enstein we can always gently caress to make more babvies (hits button to fire ze missiles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Salt Fish posted:

I would love to know more about your huge brain and its simultaneous belief that 1) masks don't help and 2) people saying stay the gently caress indoors are overreacting.

1) I meant don't cloth masks just help you from spreading it yourself? Which is great, I'm masked up anytime I leave my house, but that wont stop me from getting it from whatever chud ambled through every aisle of the grocery store breathing on and touching everything. I would love to be wrong on this but I assumed unless you had real medical grade PPE poo poo and wear it right it's not really helpful to you so much as helpful to others around you.

2) yeah most people except the wealthy or lucky have to leave the house out of necessity to get food/etc, and even if you're having all your supplies delivered there's only so much you can do to protect from a delivery guy coughing all over your mail. You're essentially treating every time someone steps foot outside their home as the equivalent of the armed boomer rallies to reopen Applebee's but unless you have a Death Stranding bunker you'll never get your risk to 0%, so yelling at people for being able to see the sun for 20 minutes a week seems pretty dumb!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the way great powers fight these days is a good ol' proxy war. nothing with the stars and stripes on it is going to touch anything with the gold star on it.

the big question is who will be china's proxy? russia has its tendrils pretty deep in syria and iran, might resent an attempt to usurp its role. but they're close to iran, and iran is in bad shape right now

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

NofrikinfuN posted:

if you think about it, no cases have been reported among bears

Our ursidae friends will save us

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WindingDot/status/1257335180873867266?s=20

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol i too live in a fictional world where the ppl at the top "know" things rather than the horror-inducing reality that nobody has any idea wtf they're doing or who's in control save for the desire of self enrichment. that's why i believe alien lizard bankers rule the world and have been in control of everything. there's a plan, there's a plan, there's a plan i repeat to myself as chaos reigns around me.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Martyrdom is cool. It’s like the number 1 coolest identity to have.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the way great powers fight these days is a good ol' proxy war. nothing with the stars and stripes on it is going to touch anything with the gold star on it.

the big question is who will be china's proxy? russia has its tendrils pretty deep in syria and iran, might resent an attempt to usurp its role. but they're close to iran, and iran is in bad shape right now

korea

no reason to gin up anything new when there's a perfect setup right there

just start sending more and more drones over the dmz and let things play out from there

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

just threw up in the toilet

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Impkins Patootie posted:

get healthy friend

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

IHME moves prediction to 135,000 dead which means half a mil is definitely happening

LOL right on schedule
https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-coronavirus-update-05-04-20/h_18a3fa30e62fa417f6402308aaf3c55b

Just for the sake of posterity, here are their current models:

Their current estimate of total deaths in the US is between 59,343 at the lowest, 114,228 at the highest with 72,433 being their best guess. According to the worldometers page the US is currently at 69,374 deaths and the average these last seven days has been 1,884 deaths per day. If that rate continued we'd hit their new best guess of 135k deaths in 34 days.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LizHabib/status/1257395146129387522

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

LOL right on schedule
https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-coronavirus-update-05-04-20/h_18a3fa30e62fa417f6402308aaf3c55b

Just for the sake of posterity, here are their current models:

Their current estimate of total deaths in the US is between 59,343 at the lowest, 114,228 at the highest with 72,433 being their best guess. According to the worldometers page the US is currently at 69,374 deaths and the average these last seven days has been 1,884 deaths per day. If that rate continued we'd hit their new best guess of 135k deaths in 34 days.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I’m the sharp downward curve in deaths that looks nothing like the reality in countries starting to recover

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1257407044006539264

quote:

The names of more than 900 tipsters who spoke up about social-distancing violations in Missouri have been splashed all over Facebook — prompting many to fear retaliation, according to a local report.
In response to a Sunshine Law request, St. Louis County released a document that included the names and contact information of people who reported businesses in violation of the state’s stay-at-home order, according to KSDK.

The county government announced the launch of an online form and a dedicated email address, encouraging people to submit such tips in late March, according to the report.

quote:

The Facebook post headline said, “Here ya go. The gallery of snitches, busybodies, and employees who rat out their own neighbors and employers over the Panic-demic.” A person whose Facebook profile name is Jared Totsch told the I-Team that he posted the documents knowing that there might be consequences for the people named within.

“If they are worried about retaliation, they should have read the fine print which stated their tips would be open public record subject to a Sunshine request, and should not have submitted tips in that manner to begin with,” wrote Totsch. “I released the info in an attempt to discourage such behavior in the future.”

When asked how he felt about the possibility that someone who reported a business might lose their job, Totsch wrote, “I’d call it poetic justice, instant Karma, a dose of their own medicine. What goes around, comes around.”

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Impkins Patootie posted:

Glad you made it there!

Feel better

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Surprisingly the legion of shut ins is not able to regulate peoples movments

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SKULL.GIF posted:

boo hoo I have to stay inside surrounded by people and pets who love me and multiple computer devices capable of infinite entertainment and virtual social contact with others. let me step outside and go into a crowd and extend this pandemic by another 24 hours

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There are definitely vitamin D deficient agoraphobes in here mad at the idea of anyone stepping outside of their shame cube.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Huh. I didn't know our military could accurately predict the outcome of conflicts and would try to avoid pointless disasters.

So what went wrong in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, ect ect?

Are you suggesting that the military dictates politics and policy? Lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
trumps biggest priority is being able to golf again asap

hes not gonna start a war with china at least not on purpose. that would take an awful lot of time and attention

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Seatbelts posted:

Yeah, these need to calibrated for the surface you are measuring on, its also effected by the colour of a surface pretty heavily.
I've had my concerns about the accuracy of this practice for a minute.

its called emissivity and its stupid. god drat i hate non contact thermometers FUCKUOH\

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Barry Foster posted:

don't buy into capitalist framing, they're not useless just because they don't make the bosses rich

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1257397134200053765

Lmao

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Saucer Hovers posted:

jesus what a scene
i might have tried to kill the dog
lord god sorry about your small mauled son

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Forceholy posted:

Fear and Loathing in Mom's Basement.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

after some careful consideration, ive decided that I'm glad of this

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Snitches get stitches, so what's the problem here? :thunk:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
We just got 8 new cases over the past couple days after 3 weeks of nothing. We also had so many protestors downtown and people from other cities coming over for the open beaches.

Hahah gently caress it all.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1257325630204542977

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nothus posted:

I can't wait for the only restaurants to survive to be the lovely national chains that chuds love.

most of them probably wont survive either lol

i was a server at red lobster for a while in college and all the corners they cut on poo poo to preserve their already insanely thin margins is ridiculous. a couple meals sent back to the kitchen could literally put them in the red for the day, and that's with all of their poo poo like paying everyone unlivable wages and using frozen prepackaged sauces and passing off cheap langostino as "lobster" in all of their pastas, etc.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i was a server at red lobster for a while in college and all the corners they cut on poo poo to preserve their already insanely thin margins is ridiculous. a couple meals sent back to the kitchen could literally put them in the red for the day, and that's with all of their poo poo like paying everyone unlivable wages and using frozen prepackaged sauces and passing off cheap langostino as "lobster" in all of their pastas, etc.

I would eat the poo poo out of some Red Lobster right now, idk

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Remember the start of 28 Days Later where the animal rights protestors broke into that facility and the infected monkeys ran loose?

That but people breaking into Applebee’s.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Outside of capital grille, darden's mainstream brands like red lobster were all failing because the so-called middle class has been hollowed out entirely. The future will be either denny's or capital grille outside of restaurants for immigrants' food culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Marzzle posted:

well like he prob authorized weird clandestine ops on a level never before seen. like just look at how hard the USA has been loving with Venezuela. I feel like a lot of crazy intel schemes are just getting rubber stamped now because they "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" without racking up trump's US military body count

lmao remember when those spec ops dudes for merked in Niger and everyone was like "wait wtf were we doing in Niger?"

and then trump told the wife that her dead husband knew what he signed up for hmbol