Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

‘over 3000’ - currently worldometers is showing new deaths at about 4.2 percent of the new infections, so assuming that holds, I think 200,000 new infections per day might have a little bit over 3000 new deaths per day. Paging Vegeta to the thread.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Inceltown posted:

Bandana and bath robe guy has a strong "robbing the bank to get arrested and put away to get 3 squares and a cot" vibe.

i was thinking more like "guy is walking down the street in just a bathrobe + cowboy hat and bandana, tells u hes jesse james then flashes u"

later u see him passed out in a puddle of piss behind 7-11

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

you see him again the next week and the same thing happens but that time he tells u hes Q

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The chuds are celebrating newsom opening some businesses like their little protest did anything. Capitalism can't keep every store closed forever.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
San Francisco a week and a half ago picked a ~16 block chunk out of the zip code with the most confirmed covid cases in the city and offered everyone that lived or worked there free testing to see if they had covid plus also antibody testing to see if they had any coronavirus antibodies (typical caveat that this provides false positives for people with antibodies to other coronaviruses). Of the 4,160 people tested, only 79 had it, but of those 79 that were positive for covid-19, 53% were asymptomatic.
https://missionlocal.org/2020/05/preliminary-results-of-mission-covid-tests-show-95-percent-of-positive-cases-were-latinx/

edit: the area is about 50% latino, 15% asian, tests were about 45% latino, 11% asian, so outreach got more white people than are representative in the neighborhood, and of the people that were positive for covid, 95% were latino, 5% were asian.

fermun has issued a correction as of 00:16 on May 5, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

the game studio I work for announced we're gonna be remote until Dec, regardless of what happens

all the office space is basically being given up to other groups at my mega corp that crave the office

Wish others would follow suit because I have a vested interest in this happening

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Judakel posted:

The chuds are celebrating newsom opening some businesses like their little protest did anything. Capitalism can't keep every store closed forever.

I have my pros and cons about Newsom, but if he can successful Bre’er Rabbit briar patch the right wing loonies I’ll definitely be a big fan.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

are cubic/polynomial models a real thing in epidemiology or did some dumbass just click through trendlines until something looked good

you asked it that way because you know, in yr heart, the answer

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Golf carts look like they'd be super fun to drive. I just want to slowly zip around on one all day.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lmao at the end where the chud goes "think of the children"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

nikosoft posted:

Golf carts look like they'd be super fun to drive. I just want to slowly zip around on one all day.

They use the carts in the villages because they’re all shitfaced all the time. Not exaggerating

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

lmao at the end where the chud goes "think of the children"

Yeah in the next clip the guy responds with "you're out here exposing them to a deadly virus" and they guy just goes "pfff" and walks off.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

ChristsDickWorship posted:

the entire entertainment business shut itself down within 24hrs of the nba deciding to do it. that was march 12th a week before california or new york. entertainment is how i pay my bills so i'm probably biased, but in my drug-addled headcanon the nba was our most effective federal crisis response team

Yeah, it was the sportsball. I work in an orchestra, and our last week of work was middle of march. Management came on stage at the end of the last rehearsal day that week to tell us that if sportsball was shutting down, live music was over.

We did a lovely awkward internet concert that weekend to an empty hall, then nothing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They use the carts in the villages because they’re all shitfaced all the time. Not exaggerating

That and because they are all mostly incapable of driving actual cars anymore given their dementia and loss of vision

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb posted:

just rolled my own in tableau using covid tracker data

where'd you get the data in a clean format? wanna make one in power bi for my dipshit boss

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

are cubic/polynomial models a real thing in epidemiology or did some dumbass just click through trendlines until something looked good

"Cubic model prepared by council of economic advisors"

What do you think

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fermun posted:

San Francisco a week and a half ago picked a ~16 block chunk out of the zip code with the most confirmed covid cases in the city and offered everyone that lived or worked there free testing to see if they had covid plus also antibody testing to see if they had any coronavirus antibodies (typical caveat that this provides false positives for people with antibodies to other coronaviruses). Of the 4,160 people tested, only 79 had it, but of those 79 that were positive for covid-19, 53% were asymptomatic.
https://missionlocal.org/2020/05/preliminary-results-of-mission-covid-tests-show-95-percent-of-positive-cases-were-latinx/

edit: the area is about 50% latino, 15% asian, tests were about 45% latino, 11% asian, so outreach got more white people than are representative in the neighborhood, and of the people that were positive for covid, 95% were latino, 5% were asian.

People always post poo poo like this without clarifying if people were asymptomatic that day, or never developed symptoms. That's a really huge piece of information. Is it that 53% of people who were contagious on a given day didn't have symptoms, or 53% of people who get Covid never get symptoms? Those are two very different things.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

lol forgot this

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

People always post poo poo like this without clarifying if people were asymptomatic that day, or never developed symptoms. That's a really huge piece of information. Is it that 53% of people who were contagious on a given day didn't have symptoms, or 53% of people who get Covid never get symptoms? Those are two very different things.

You’re just supposed to be loving spooked out dude

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1257395401461727232

were saved everyone

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ChristsDickWorship posted:

the entire entertainment business shut itself down within 24hrs of the nba deciding to do it. that was march 12th a week before california or new york. entertainment is how i pay my bills so i'm probably biased, but in my drug-addled headcanon the nba was our most effective federal crisis response team

Also the day after the NBA shut down Nebraska's basketball coach had to leave a Big Ten tournament game with severe flu symptoms and then college sports shut down the following day.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminder that every moment you spend not reading scary apple news headlines is a moment spent becoming hopelessly ignorant to the this rapidly developing crisis and your immediate mortal danger

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

nikosoft posted:

Move here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peachtree_City,_Georgia

Check out the golf cart section

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHjlkganbgvjalsdfbvaljkasdf;adshk;asdfasldgkjabhsdsfuhasdwf

trust the economic majors making math sculptures erbody. economics is a science, they're experts.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Reminder that every moment you spend not reading scary apple news headlines is a moment spent becoming hopelessly ignorant to the this rapidly developing crisis and your immediate mortal danger

I spent my time not reading the news doing this

I don't know what to do for a sweet or if I should just throw a package of gummy worms at my husband and call it a day

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

gently caress i have a bathrobe just like that

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't know what to do for a sweet or if I should just throw a package of gummy worms at my husband and call it a day

do an intense workout then drop the sweet into the bowl of food

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

kaleedity posted:

gently caress i have a bathrobe just like that

do you remember pulling the trigger on that, or was it a gift?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

it’s the sharpie hurricane map again. the scientists gave Trumb some bad numbers and he hated them and told them to fix them and now there are different numbers that make no sense that say “Trumo is right, it will be over in 10 days”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Wikipedia posted:

Dow 36,000: The New Strategy for Profiting From the Coming Rise in the Stock Market is a 1999 book by syndicated columnist James K. Glassman and economist Kevin A. Hassett,[1][2] in which they argued that stocks in 1999 were significantly undervalued and concluded that there would be a fourfold market increase with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) rising to 36,000 by 2002 or 2004.[3][4] The Dow was pushed down by the bursting of the dot-com bubble as the NASDAQ peaked in 2000 and bottomed out in 2002, and by the September 11 attacks in 2001. The Dow fell below 8,000 in 2002 and remained below 12,000 until 2006.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

really want to get a lowrider and cruise through that place listening to dr dre and see how long it takes to get arrested

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

Make those "worms in dirt" desserts, crumbled oreos in chocolate pudding with the gummi worms in them :yum:

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

facetoucher cat posted:

:yum:
the sweet comes from the margarita

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Sister works in a hospital, got a cough and a fever in mid March, tested negative on the nasal swab.

She got an antibody test results and they were positive today.

None of her family got sick which is good (but she isolated herself in their garage apartment when she got sick and stayed there for 5 days after symptoms went away), but I wonder if they would have the antibodies present as well (they can't get tested - only my sister was eligible because of her job)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Two months ago, my city had 50,000 without power for 5-7 days after a tornado. Another strong storm happened last night and 80,000 are currently without power.

Over the past 50 years, Tornado Alley has drifted eastward from Kansas toward the Southeast. Strange times!

(This post was worth the battery power)