Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?

Hi! It's me! The Time Knife!

I'm here to open the first of our festivities!

As you know, this being The Good Place, you are entitled to a number of Good things. One of them is the chance to adopt your Soulmate Pet!

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances, we do not have enough pets to go around. So we are going to need your help on this.

Until the day closes or the lynch occurs, whichever comes first, you can post ##PetGive and pick another player who you think is worthy of receiving a pet. You may only vote once and you may not vote for yourself. The top two vote recipients will receive their pets!

Residents, you may make your desires as to why you should receive a pet known and post a case for it!

Have fun! And enjoy your continued residency in The Good Place!

Oh and would you look at that, the top of a new page to boot and I'm a mod of this game so I can edit this post to say that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Fortunately, I was born with pixelated genitals.

What did you do with the extra 7 bits?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

zzyzx posted:

I think I agree with this one too. Varinn came out of the gate strong, voted Amni, criticized people for sitting on the sidelines, and then just kind of vanished into a puff of smoke.

for the record, i work fridays and saturdays, and sunday was my birthday

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I would like a pet for my mea culpa shenanigans

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Everyone quote this if you think the pet thing is dumb! Or if you think it is a good idea!

Either one really

[/quote]

##PetGive JoseV

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Important question: Can the pets feel love, and/or pain?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Varinn posted:

also, im holding a press conference to let everyone know i will NOT be reading the tom and andy skirmish. im cautiously walking in a big half circle around it and pretending i cant see it so i don't have to engage. who has time to read posts that big

Cliffnotes: Andy thinks my case is bad and Tom is using that to launch me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
You should give me a pet. It might be another vig and I can do better with it!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Everyone quote this if you think the pet thing is dumb! Or if you think it is a good idea!

Either one really

##PetGive JoseV

Sorry, citizen! This vote does not count!

Spoonsy posted:

You may only vote once and you may not vote for yourself. The top two vote recipients will receive their pets!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Either one really

I giggled.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i would like to know what merk thinks about things. have the years cooled your passion

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spoonsy posted:

Sorry, citizen! This vote does not count!

YOU EDITED! I SAW IT!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

I think I disagree with this, but I'm not quite sure I'm fully getting where you're coming from. You feel like hambeet is setting up Amni to flip town and then berating people who voted him?
I think ham reads like scum coming into a situation with outside knowledge.

Seeing votes on Amni scum immediately want a new angle to avoid looking like they’re taking advantage of what they see as an easy target.

Hambeets wording without a vote really bothers me because it’s just talking negatively without taking a stance. I also think the wording is too strong for the situation if he’s not going to leave a vote. That’s what is scummy about it to me.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spoonsy falling for it makes it all worth it

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

YOU EDITED! I SAW IT!

I would advise to not look directly at the Time Knife

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
And I stand by that scum Amni would love the chance to play off a vig like that.

Amnis follow up and case on zzy I like but his tone fit for me in the moment.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spoonsy posted:

I would advise to not look directly at the Time Knife

What are you gonna do? Time stab me?
--Man who was time stabbed

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Summarizing the Capn Andy stuff with me it goes like this:

Capn Andy voted Tom Tucker who voted LordNad who voted Liger, all due to some variation of the previous vote being opportunistic, so is there an opportunistic disingenuous vote and if so where? That's what it comes down to. LordNad thinks Liger's was, I think LordNad's was, and Andy thinks mine was, and now I think we have someone voting Andy for it too.

Personally I like it because it's getting a lot on the record!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##petgive Jose because that post deserves it.

##petban Amni because he's probably going to shoot his pet.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I gotta say I am tempted to vote Jose because that was pretty great.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

I think ham reads like scum coming into a situation with outside knowledge.

Seeing votes on Amni scum immediately want a new angle to avoid looking like they’re taking advantage of what they see as an easy target.

Hambeets wording without a vote really bothers me because it’s just talking negatively without taking a stance. I also think the wording is too strong for the situation if he’s not going to leave a vote. That’s what is scummy about it to me.

Has anything Ham has said or done since changed or reinforced your take?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

##PetGive Jose I like Jose's play this game and that was really funny.
##PetGive zzyzx no play for his own pet just eager to give them to the town in need :glomp:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

##PetGive Jose I like Jose's play this game and that was really funny.
##PetGive zzyzx no play for his own pet just eager to give them to the town in need :glomp:

You only get one vote :ssh:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Okay I finished reading.

-the liger votes are misplaced
-the zzyzx case is much better
-the DBD/Nad/Andy/Tom conflagration certainly has happened, itll be more fun to read later when or if one of them dies
-as established, jivjov gets a pass
-yumings case on hambeet is good as well
-I don't have much to say about KK than I did above, but that post still strikes me deeply
-by a metric i don't want to establish clearly, tom/amni/sandwolf have also pinged my radar. this wont and shouldnt affect my vote today, but it might 'tomorrow'. we'll see.

going to doublecheck zzyzzx and hambeet

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

give me a pet and ill tell you the true name of god. this is all ive got

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##PetGive TNL

to you, my posting pal

Jose’s shenanigans shouldn’t merit a pet!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Varinn posted:

give me a pet and ill tell you the true name of god. this is all ive got

I’ve heard this one before, you fun guy

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

zzyzx posted:

##petgive Jose because that post deserves it.

##petban Amni because he's probably going to shoot his pet.

I would never!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

##PetGive yuming

Like this is even a choice

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Jose Valasquez posted:

What are you gonna do? Time stab me?
--Man who was time stabbed

##petgive Jose

For making me laugh

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I'm sure glad everyone's looking at a bunch of content and important cases and just going "OH WELL reading is hard" way to go folks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##petgive Token thank you for Harry Potter mafia.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm sure glad everyone's looking at a bunch of content and important cases and just going "OH WELL reading is hard" way to go folks.

But it IS hard.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Reading is hard, it took me years to learn how to do it.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Varinn:

I mentioned merk because his dumb vote on me was calling my case fake, without addressing the person I was voting. It was just a drive by vote without even mentioning the person I was voting with my case.

That's why I found it suspicious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Y'all giving pet votes with joke explanations, I see that.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

au contraire, its more that you've all just dug into the weeds in a way that stops being useful to an observer.

someone's off the cuff remarks are much more telling than the third page of their response

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Varinn posted:

au contraire, its more that you've all just dug into the weeds in a way that stops being useful to an observer.

someone's off the cuff remarks are much more telling than the third page of their response

My first case was fine and concise I blame Capn Andy cause he went on this whole thing about how Lord Nad's vote was about Liger's unvote when it WASN'T and I couldn't let that go.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This is the pet I had before we all died and came to The Good Place™

As you can see I will take good care of whatever pets I am entrusted with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

My first case was fine and concise I blame Capn Andy cause he went on this whole thing about how Lord Nad's vote was about Liger's unvote when it WASN'T and I couldn't let that go.

I'm too lazy to go back, do you think Capn Andy is scum or not?