Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rah! posted:

i do mean people there now too, but only the chuds. ur cool :patriot:

Yeah, gently caress those people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ASegals/status/1257175073200525312

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Humble request for thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IflJFRUKiJk

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I hate all these people doing modeling. You can't just pick a random function and do a fit and assert it has predictive power. There is an underlying physical phenomenon that is dictating what happens and you're trying to determine what it is, not just make line match points bing bong so simple. Do a 15th order polynomial fit and it will match the points perfectly but it will be absolutely completely wrong outside of the input data.

It's probably an exponential the whole time with a varying base value, since that is how population growth works for everything else. Cubic function pfft gently caress you Trump

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
To be more in line with fancy epidemiologists I've updated the C-SPAM median to include a 95% bootstrap confidence interval. The C-SPAM University Model predicts:

153842 to 185599 deaths
169421 expected deaths

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 02:39 on May 5, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/state-leaders-expecting-4b-budget-shortfall-over-coronavirus/7SBAJENZOBANVPGKUI3YNPPUS4/

quote:

ATLANTA — State budget cuts are coming because of the near halt in our economy, state leaders confirmed Monday to Channel 2 Action News.

Georgia, like the rest of the states across the country, are taking in less money.

Channel 2 anchor Justin Farmer spoke with Georgia’s top leaders and economists, who told him just about everything’s on the table to balance the budget.

Georgia House Speaker David Ralston said cuts will be significant statewide.

“There's an expected $3.5 billion to $4 billion budget shortfall," Ralston said.

Gov. Brian Kemp, who must sign any budget, told Farmer the same.

We can't spend more revenue than we bring in and obviously, you know the revenue that's been coming in has taken a nosedive in this environment,” Kemp said.

With no bars open, hardly anyone eating out, no concerts, virtually no commuting, the tax revenue for Georgia has fallen dramatically.

Every state department and agency are being asked to submit a 14% budget reduction.

“It's deeper than we saw in the great recession,” said Tom Cunningham, chief economist for the Metro Atlanta Chamber.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

To be more in line with fancy epidemiologists I've updated the C-SPAM median to include a 95% bootstrap confidence interval. The C-SPAM University Epidemiological Model predicts:

153842 to 185599 deaths
169421 expected deaths

no need for the 'Epidemiological', it can simply be the CUM

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

pancake rabbit posted:

no need for the 'Epidemiological', it can simply be the CUM

whoa.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

To be more in line with fancy epidemiologists I've updated the C-SPAM median to include a 95% bootstrap confidence interval. The C-SPAM University Epidemiological Model predicts:

153842 to 185599 deaths
169421 expected deaths

You couldn't round down to 169420? Fake numbers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is only 4.8 million people in NZ and it’s an island (islands)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/MichaelEMann/status/1257404083163594754

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CODChimera posted:

Still haven't got any. It feels strange that people need it right away after a short break

Its a very attainable treat for most people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

To be more in line with fancy epidemiologists I've updated the C-SPAM median to include a 95% bootstrap confidence interval. The C-SPAM University Model predicts:

153842 to 185599 deaths
169421 expected deaths

is this through May ?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i'm not a stats person but i'm guessing the next dot goes here?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/muntazer_zaidi/status/1257180653445156866

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/xeni/status/1257396743316156421

mugshot just released

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

Yeah, gently caress those people!

:hai:

sherman will be burning the entire continent this time

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

I like to believe this is mostly republicans having a fit of 'NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!' and ignoring traffic laws to own the libs and dying as a direct result

Nah, it's real easy to 75 mph+ on 202 right now. It owns.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Holy gently caress these guys all look the same

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

is this through May ?

Specifically, it is the total number of deaths in the USA as per worldometer when the final May 31st data reports.

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 02:47 on May 5, 2020

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

ATLANTA — State budget cuts are coming because of the near halt in our economy, state leaders confirmed Monday to Channel 2 Action News.

Georgia, like the rest of the states across the country, are taking in less money.

Channel 2 anchor Justin Farmer spoke with Georgia’s top leaders and economists, who told him just about everything’s on the table to balance the budget.

Georgia House Speaker David Ralston said cuts will be significant statewide.

“There's an expected $3.5 billion to $4 billion budget shortfall," Ralston said.

Gov. Brian Kemp, who must sign any budget, told Farmer the same.

We can't spend more revenue than we bring in and obviously, you know the revenue that's been coming in has taken a nosedive in this environment,” Kemp said.

With no bars open, hardly anyone eating out, no concerts, virtually no commuting, the tax revenue for Georgia has fallen dramatically.

Every state department and agency are being asked to submit a 14% budget reduction.

“It's deeper than we saw in the great recession,” said Tom Cunningham, chief economist for the Metro Atlanta Chamber.

I guess they figured someone, somewhere, might doubt why they actually reopened Georgia first so they need to lay it out in plain terms that they were just losing too much money. The thousands of people the Georgia state government will needlessly murder is a small price to pay for more sales tax revenue to balance budgets.

It's funny that we are just in the start of this poo poo too. gently caress yourselves, your tax dollars aren't coming back.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 02:50 on May 5, 2020

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

was it because he gets no respect. no respect I tells ya.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

Its a very attainable treat for most people.

it's bullshit

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Stereotype posted:

I hate all these people doing modeling. You can't just pick a random function and do a fit and assert it has predictive power. There is an underlying physical phenomenon that is dictating what happens and you're trying to determine what it is, not just make line match points bing bong so simple. Do a 15th order polynomial fit and it will match the points perfectly but it will be absolutely completely wrong outside of the input data.

It's probably an exponential the whole time with a varying base value, since that is how population growth works for everything else. Cubic function pfft gently caress you Trump

the dude trump had just found the excel line that fit trumps opinion

that’s all

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the white house is loving up so badly they're getting bodied by Nate Bronze

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I want some kfc chips though

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

euphronius posted:

there is only 4.8 million people in NZ and it’s an island (islands)

we were looking at one of the highest R numbers in the world before the lockdown due to the only importation being via airports

now we might have 0 active cases in another two weeks

lockdowns need to be fast and absolute

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1257065465916149760

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gates really is to blame

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hopefully the press are all over the heads of chud states saying they're going bankrupt and asking why they haven't saved for a rainy day and if they've asked friends / family if they can borrow enough to cover bills.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

we were looking at one of the highest R numbers in the world before the lockdown due to the only importation being via airports

now we might have 0 active cases in another two weeks

lockdowns need to be fast and absolute

I mean sure but you have a completely insignificant number of people on an island (islands)

you did the right thing obviously hooray

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

euphronius posted:

I mean sure but you have a completely insignificant number of people on an island (islands)

you did the right thing obviously hooray

if u think about it America is just one really big island

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Stereotype posted:

That is why the CSPAM University Model uses a survey of experts instead of naive curve shape assumptions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like curves that only go up

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Atrocious Joe posted:

the white house is loving up so badly they're getting bodied by Nate Bronze

Don't be jealous of the skills Jared learned in his business program.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

will someone please run a lint roller over this poor man

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
holy poo poo I was right lol

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

are cubic/polynomial models a real thing in epidemiology or did some dumbass just click through trendlines until something looked good

386-SX 25Mhz VGA has issued a correction as of 03:02 on May 5, 2020

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Apraxin posted:

will someone please run a lint roller over this poor man

gotta give the man credit, he picked a tie to match the lips

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thoguh posted:

I hope that's what I get when I inevitably get it.

FWIW my sister said it's still pretty lovely, even with that mild course - the severe cough has fits that lead you to the brink of passing out and the shortness of breath made her too tired to move at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can this thing hurry up and wipe out humanity already.