Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlutieFlake
Nov 5, 2017

Stereotype posted:

I hate all these people doing modeling. You can't just pick a random function and do a fit and assert it has predictive power. There is an underlying physical phenomenon that is dictating what happens and you're trying to determine what it is, not just make line match points bing bong so simple. Do a 15th order polynomial fit and it will match the points perfectly but it will be absolutely completely wrong outside of the input data.

It's probably an exponential the whole time with a varying base value, since that is how population growth works for everything else. Cubic function pfft gently caress you Trump

It sounds like you just don't want to admit what a good job the cubic model predicts President Trump will have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 4th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM vs. Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM:

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 03:04 on May 5, 2020

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Mr Prez may I please present my model with a pubic function

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1257456499414220802

Death is Certain

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Looks like the deaths are dropping. Open er up fellas.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Death is Certain, the DOW is Uncertain

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Inceltown posted:

Looks like the deaths are dropping. Open er up fellas.

Just the calm before the storm

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Nate is being shook and owned and turned into a cube

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zil posted:

Just the calm before the storm

the clam before the stromb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it seems like nyc calming down before the rest of the country Ramps up

idk obviously

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Man, where is Applebee's at Exit 37 going to find a new manager?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
it occurs to me that this lockdown is significantly reducing the resume value of my nearly decade of remote work

unfortunate that I have no other skills or unique selling points :rip:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/SEDLAW15/status/1256730344964980738

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
what the gently caress I still can't believe the polynomial fit thing, I mean it's clearly what they did but what the gently caress

did they think it was valid or do they know and just not care

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

SirPablo posted:

don't demean service workers :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

do they know and just not care

ding ding ding ding ding

we have a winner

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

gonna plug this covid graph into the quadratic formula and solve this pandemic once and for all

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

euphronius posted:

I mean sure but you have a completely insignificant number of people on an island (islands)

you did the right thing obviously hooray

cool post psychopath

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how are there not just constant brawls between republicans and democrats?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

CODChimera posted:

too lazy, no convictions

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CODChimera posted:

democrats (minus a few ) agree with and love the gop

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/1257481860717789188

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/laurawags/status/1257295227800485888

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

is this a serious question

they don't give a gently caress and they don't have a plan anymore because it turns out you can't actually just pretend that a pandemic doesn't exist

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

Why do you think he snapped? They tore it down

https://twitter.com/SarahTaber_bww/status/1257336788605075462

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Republicans would shoot democrats and the republican base would cheer.
Democrats make a passing remark and their democratic base would be convinced by republicans to put the democrat out of office.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I can't believe how much pushback there has been on wearing masks.

It's really not at all difficult.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

democrats (minus a few ) agree with and love the gop

it's amazing the same people who believe that Democrats and GOP pundits hate each other and go to different country clubs, also have the nerve to look down on people who think pro wrestling is real

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM vs. Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM:

69000 cum deaths

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nice

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

what the gently caress I still can't believe the polynomial fit thing, I mean it's clearly what they did but what the gently caress

It's either extreme incompetence and nobody knows enough to fact check the projection or they are so terrified of the economic projections that they hope they can just trick people into spending money to boost number.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:wrong:

:smugdon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

it's amazing the same people who believe that Democrats and GOP pundits hate each other and go to different country clubs, also have the nerve to look down on people who think pro wrestling is real

to be fair Tlaib AOC* Omar etc hate the gop

but that isn’t many. even Bernie loves Biden ffs

* she loves Ted Cruz ???

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Stereotype posted:

I can't believe how much pushback there has been on wearing masks.

It's really not at all difficult.

a friend who works at a local takeout place said a dude came in screaming that he was going to sue them because they wouldn't let him in without a mask

this was a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was funny, now I'm just afraid she's going to get shot :smith:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

*Points to head meme*
They can't go to applebees,
if all the applebees are torn down.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

soon AOC will be president, the dems will have actual convictions, and the age of carrying flintlocks to congress with return

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I posted a listing for a brick bungalow built in the 1970s a few years back and someone asked why such an old house would still be standing lol

When I was looking to buy a house, I specifically wanted a brick or block home built 1956-1970. I ended up with a 1958 block house with terrazzo floors. Holy poo poo, they do not build houses anywhere near this sturdy anymore. I feel proud to know that, decades after we all die from this virus and humans vanish from the Earth, long after the tract homes have crumbled to drywall dust in the wind, my ugly rear end old block house will still be proudly standing and serving as a home for possums and rats.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Hahahahahahahaha we are all going to die.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

snake and bake posted:

When I was looking to buy a house, I specifically wanted a brick or block home built 1956-1970. I ended up with a 1958 block house with terrazzo floors. Holy poo poo, they do not build houses anywhere near this sturdy anymore. I feel proud to know that, decades after we all die from this virus and humans vanish from the Earth, long after the tract homes have crumbled to drywall dust in the wind, my ugly rear end old block house will still be proudly standing and serving as a home for possums and rats.

and the mega-spiders who rule them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I walked right into a store and got a glazed donut, but i didn't see any seed...