Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Homeless Friend posted:

I walked right into a store and got a glazed donut, but i didn't see any seed...

bruh what do you think the glaze is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

There will be adequate deaths

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Stereotype posted:

I can't believe how much pushback there has been on wearing masks.

It's really not at all difficult.

the president loudly and repeatedly whipped his supporters into treating this deadly virus as a culture war designed to hurt him specifically

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

to be fair Tlaib AOC* Omar etc hate the gop

but that isn’t many. even Bernie loves Biden ffs

* she loves Ted Cruz ???

They all signed the GOP's corporate bailout COVID bill too, and are responsible for the biggest theft from our country in history.

Didn't even vote a symbolic no or abstain to make it not unanimous, just straight up voted for it

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Rectal Death Adept posted:

It's either extreme incompetence and nobody knows enough to fact check the projection or they are so terrified of the economic projections that they hope they can just trick people into spending money to boost number.
my gut tells me it's malice but I've seen so many people in real life abuse excel trendlines this way I'm leaning toward incompetence

this is a super common thing for semi-technical people to do in excel to impress non-technical management types

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

They all signed the GOP's corporate bailout COVID bill too, and are responsible for the biggest theft from our country in history

aoc didn’t. and a couple freedom caucus guys

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

aoc didn’t. and a couple freedom caucus guys

She said she would reluctantly do it, and then there's no way to know who actually did because they kept the vote unaccountable

But Omar admitted to voting yes iirc. As much as it pains me to say.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
our country :911:

lmfao

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Stereotype posted:

Wearing masks sucks. It's not fun, makes it a bit more difficult to breathe and if you wear glasses your poo poo gets fogged up. It's a necessary sacrifice to help at least curb the infection rate and people should suck it up and do it, but let's not pretend that it's a great and fun thing to do.

This is the latest culture war nonsense, where one side decides that doing a good thing like wearing a mask to curb the spread is not only important, but makes you a moral good person and you should not express any discontent with the situation, while the other side reacts to that with a "gently caress you i won't do what you tell me!" refusal to do the thing that is necessary but uncomfortable.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CODChimera posted:

how are there not just constant brawls between republicans and democrats?

Because this is the existing state of affairs

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
my mask makes me sweaty and my glasses fog up at the store :(

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

a friend who works at a local takeout place said a dude came in screaming that he was going to sue them because they wouldn't let him in without a mask

this was a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was funny, now I'm just afraid she's going to get shot :smith:

I assume it is the same people who threw a tantrum when THE GOVERNMENT forced them to wear seatbelts or helmets.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

cool post psychopath

Yeah this is kind of a weird argument. It's not like some horde of plague zombies swept down from Canada, most of NY's infections came from Europe, on the other side of an ocean, which didn't stop them.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mayor Dave posted:

where'd you get the data in a clean format? wanna make one in power bi for my dipshit boss

covidtracking.com

even has an api

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im with euphronius, we gotta shut these friggin islanders up. we can see land all yhe way to the horizon :owned:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

what the gently caress I still can't believe the polynomial fit thing, I mean it's clearly what they did but what the gently caress

did they think it was valid or do they know and just not care

The White House is now using "The Secret" as a guide to fight the virus.

If visualize that graph, we can make it happen.

this guy is brain poisoned by liberalism, but since he's upper management it's a good thing

"Union Busting is TOXIC!" lol no dude it's just the struggle between capital and labor that defines capitalism. Capital is always going to be "toxic" until workers take power

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Dumb Lowtax posted:

They all signed the GOP's corporate bailout COVID bill too, and are responsible for the biggest theft from our country in history.

Didn't even vote a symbolic no or abstain to make it not unanimous, just straight up voted for it

Republican, "The democrats are really slowing us down."

Democrat votes, "help up helps us. You loving democrats! why are you stalling? Do something or we'll vote you the gently caress out! you dumb loving pieces of poo poo."

*Pushes bill through quickly without much oversight. Banks suck up the money.*

Democratic voters, "You dumb loving democrats why the gently caress did you do that. We'll vote you the gently caress out for letting us be hosed over like that.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Shipon posted:

Wearing masks sucks. It's not fun, makes it a bit more difficult to breathe and if you wear glasses your poo poo gets fogged up. It's a necessary sacrifice to help at least curb the infection rate and people should suck it up and do it, but let's not pretend that it's a great and fun thing to do.

This is the latest culture war nonsense, where one side decides that doing a good thing like wearing a mask to curb the spread is not only important, but makes you a moral good person and you should not express any discontent with the situation, while the other side reacts to that with a "gently caress you i won't do what you tell me!" refusal to do the thing that is necessary but uncomfortable.

You are not good at wearing a mask if you are having those problems. I had those problems for the first few weeks, but by now it is easy and almost second nature.

Wearing a mask doesn't make you a moral person, but if you are a moral person you are going to be wearing a mask in public right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

im with euphronius, we gotta shut these friggin islanders up. we can see land all yhe way to the horizon :owned:

it wasn’t a good post by me

I’ve moved on and healed

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Homeless Friend posted:

This is also true in many parts, possibly most parts, of new zealand.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stereotype posted:

This is also true in many parts, possibly most parts, of new zealand.

this is because it is a function of height, for the mighty men if american who stand tall this means something

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Flavius Aetass posted:

Put a square of toilet paper folded up under the bridge of the nose in the mask and it will not fog up

e: try to keep a good seal

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Are there any services that'll just like put you under anesthesia for 9 months and change your diapers if you don't consciously want to deal with this

That feels like a service that should exist under Capitalism

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I think I've found the model that will save America.

(Confirmed Covid deaths * 1) - Confirmed Covid deaths = Total Covid deaths

Zero Covid deaths. Why didn't anyone think of this model?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

Put a square of toilet paper folded up under the bridge of the nose in the mask and it will not fog up

thanks, i'll try that

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Stereotype posted:

The mask is irrelevant, it's just the easiest point because of how it is so visually prevalent. It's entirely projection by the snowflakes who are loving children and completely hung up on rude teen you can't tell me what to do energy that fox news has cultivated for over a decade. Same story with the hair cuts. Do these idiots actually want haircuts? No. It's just their rallying cry about the mean succ dems that DARE inconvenience them in order to save the lives of millions of americans.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Who said it?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

MorrisBae posted:

Are there any services that'll just like put you under anesthesia for 9 months and change your diapers if you don't consciously want to deal with this

Give it a few years assuming we survive all of this *gestures wildly*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the mask is irrelevant & the coughs don't matter

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
its amazing that still there has not been a mattering, trumps own-party numbers are at all time highs lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Homeless Friend posted:

The coughing gives away your location, suppress the coughing

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

its been obvious that every number the whitehouse has produced since trump took office has been something someone took 5 minutes to crank out in excel and each time the nytimes and others will respect the office and repeat these numbers uncritically

TRIMP!

*cough*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MorrisBae posted:

if this service exists, I am certain all of their clients have COVID-19 right now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I keep thinking about the conservative pundit who called legal requirements to wear masks "medical Sharia law"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

shovelbum posted:

its amazing that still there has not been a mattering, trumps own-party numbers are at all time highs lmao

the libs are incredibly owned right now

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

Lmao he knew there never would be. Trump said it himself he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose support

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hey soooo California is opening up retail for curbside delivery and some restaurants for dine in service

but California hasn’t had declining cases for two straight weeks. it even hit a new peak a couple days ago

is Newsom dumb after all

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Homeless Friend posted:

Flu Swine, Is it? Anyway...

Where everything is made up and the peaks don't matter

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i have spent all day working on this model MG Neo Zeon MSN-04 Sazabi Ver. Ka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

Flavius Aetass posted:

facetoucher cat posted:

I thought all the posts on social media were just jokes but can glasses havers really not figure out how to move the glasses like a fraction of an inch down your nose so they don't fog? They don't need to be pressed into your retinas 24/7.