Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Thanks! I never thought more about this beyond going "Huh. I guess I should oil my chain then" after a Typ from my local Fahrradladen told me bike chains need regular oiling.

The idea that there's some kind of special bike chain oil you need to buy never crossed my head

WD40 is an oil but not a lubricant, that's the problem. A lot of people don't know this because it is basically sold as the ultimate solution to anything that's stuck, makes noise or needs to go smoother. I only know because a colleague last year made the mistake of using it on a bike chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
WD40 is a Kriechöl (penetrating oil) that is really good at quickly getting into tiny and inaccessible areas, but doing that it will replace anything else, including Schmieröl (lubricant oil). Great for cleaning and loosening screws stuck from rust, but since it is so extremely liquid it will dissipate very quickly.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Smirr posted:

"Bayern werde sich an längeren Zeitachsen orientieren und werde längerfristig planen. Endgültig entschieden werde jedoch abhängig von der aktuellen Infektionsrate. „Eine atmende Strategie“, nannte Söder diese Strategie."

lol. lmao

The Agile Method, now coming to your local lockdown!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:negative:

loving idiots. I am fine with flat earthers, chemtrailers and most other conspiracy nuts, because their delusions are mostly harmless. But anti-vaxxers are dangerous to more than just themselves. I really despise these ignorant assholes.

Grahh... sooo mad. :mad:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Zwille posted:

There's pretty good bike insurances out there. 70 bucks a year and you get a new bike near instantaneously if it gets stolen. Mine didn't get stolen but a friends' did and the insurance worked out perfectly. They did lock it on an insanely busy street (Urbanstraße in Kreuzberg, near Hermannplatz) though, and I had it in a courtyard a lot of the time.

I cancelled mine after like three years but felt the peace of mind was worth it.

This is the Very Very German approach (not in a pejorative sense of course!)
When a buddy of mine moved to Pisa his new friends there stole a bike for his birthday. A very sweet gesture I think :3:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Hopper posted:

WD40 is an oil but not a lubricant, that's the problem. A lot of people don't know this because it is basically sold as the ultimate solution to anything that's stuck, makes noise or needs to go smoother. I only know because a colleague last year made the mistake of using it on a bike chain.

The Problem is that the American WD40 and the German WD40 are completely different products and people mistake them when they watch videos on what US WD40 can do.

German WD40 is essentially Kerosin in a can.

Kerosin is a great cleaner for Open and Sealed (o/x Ring) chains but its best followed up with a light coat of Motor oil, or if you are fancy, a Chain lubricant.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 5, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I still use my 20 year old, full metal except for all the rust, bike that has been stuck on the highest transmission setting since about the time the WTC fell for my daily commute. I call it not skipping leg day.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

So, I was reading twitter about the ECB news. I already posted this in the EU thread, but I thought I might share this curse with you as well:

https://twitter.com/MxSba/status/922763795952480256

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Conservatism is a cult.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

pros of being literally the only person at work in the entire Stockwerk: you can blast Tatran from your speakerphones and noone cares

cons: you have to take the phone only for unhinged racists to talk your ear off for 15 minutes

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So apparently Attila Hildmann is going full Hitlermann now? Seems after Nadio he is the next Corona Psychosis victim.

I wonder what we are going to do with all the people whose brains are permanently broken after Corona. I mean for every promi you hear about going bonkers there must be dozens if not hundreds of normal people who go full paranoia completely unnoticed.

Lagerkoller is one hell of a drug.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

genericnick posted:

the time the WTC fell for my daily commute.

:stare: that’s a hell of a Feinstaub footprint

Hopper posted:

So apparently Attila Hildmann is going full Hitlermann now? Seems after Nadio he is the next Corona Psychosis victim.

I wonder what we are going to do with all the people whose brains are permanently broken after Corona. I mean for every promi you hear about going bonkers there must be dozens if not hundreds of normal people who go full paranoia completely unnoticed.

Lagerkoller is one hell of a drug.

Oh, you’re kinda behind the curve, Detlef D. Soost has joined the fray.

https://twitter.com/hatinjuce/status/1257583029184315392?s=21

Hitlerman has been nuts since forever though:

https://twitter.com/dergraslutscher/status/1257281744522403840?s=21

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zwille posted:

:stare: that’s a hell of a Feinstaub footprint

It was kind of in the way.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/nacktnasenaffe/status/1257373260544651269?s=21

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Die Steilvorlage ist so offensichtlich und nahestehend, es kostet mich meinen ganzen Willen um es nicht auszusprechen

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I don't even know who this new crazy person is?! :psyduck:

Hope he is not too influential.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Tarquinn posted:

I don't even know who this new crazy person is?! :psyduck:

Hope he is not too influential.

Vocal vegan.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Imagine talking to a Dumpftröte like Naidoo for an hour.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Excuse me, the Title is "größter Ehrenmann"

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Grösster Identitärenmann.

Edit: well now I had to edit too :argh:

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 5, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BVG_Kampagne/status/1257278446515994624

I love the BVG

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I too love interacting with brands

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/fneuhann/status/1257681684763496450?s=21

Good to see the spd also participating in meltdown may

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

System Metternich posted:

good riddance Du Spacken

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sic Semper Seeheimer

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Perestroika posted:

Sic Semper Seeheimer

:newlol:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Reminder:

quote:

1992 stand Kahrs seiner innerparteilichen Konkurrentin Silke Dose (Mitglied im Hamburger Juso-Vorstand) vor Gericht gegenüber. Dose hatte Anzeige erstattet, weil sie durch anonyme nächtliche Telefonanrufe belästigt worden sei. Bei diesen Telefonaten hatte ihren Angaben zufolge ein Anrufer teils aufgelegt, teils längere Zeit geschwiegen und teils gedroht („Ich krieg’ dich, du Schlampe“). Bei einer danach beantragten Fangschaltung wurden zwei nächtliche Anrufe von Kahrs registriert.[8] Kahrs gab an, Dose nur diese beiden Male angerufen zu haben, die angebliche Drohung stamme daher nicht von ihm.[9] Wegen der bevorstehenden „Juso-Wahl in Hamm“ habe er „ein Interesse“ gehabt, Doses „tatsächlichen Wohnort“ zu erfahren.[8] Das Strafverfahren gegen Kahrs, in dem ihn Ole von Beust vertrat, endete mit einem Vergleich, in dem Kahrs um Entschuldigung bat, die Gerichtskosten übernahm und 800 DM zahlte.

And for good measure:

quote:

Umstritten ist auch Kahrs’ Rolle als Vorsitzender des SPD-Kreisverbands Hamburg-Mitte. Laut Presseberichten hat er ein System persönlicher Abhängigkeiten geschaffen, das auf ihn als Spitze ausgerichtet sei und Mehrheiten gegen unliebsame Amts- und Mandatsträger organisiere. Er sichere sich Loyalität durch oft nicht eingelöste Versprechen von Posten.[16] Dieses „System Kahrs“ ist als „sektenartig“ bezeichnet worden;[17] der linke SPD-Bundestagsabgeordnete Ernst Dieter Rossmann warf Kahrs „Burschenschafterverhalten“ vor, das mit „gute[m] Stil in einer Partei“ breche.

quote:

Im Bundestagswahlkampf 2005 flossen laut der Frankfurter Rundschau insgesamt mehr als 60.000 Euro Parteispenden aus der Rüstungsindustrie an Kahrs’ SPD-Kreisverband Hamburg-Mitte;[47] darunter Spenden unter der Veröffentlichungsgrenze von 10.000 Euro der Rüstungskonzerne Rheinmetall[48] und Krauss-Maffei Wegmann,[49] was unter anderen Transparency International kritisierte. Nach der Bundestagswahl 2005 gelangte Kahrs in den Haushaltsausschuss und wurde SPD-Berichterstatter für den Verteidigungsetat. In der Folge wurde der Projektansatz für den Schützenpanzer Puma, unter anderem hergestellt von den spendenden Rüstungsunternehmen, von zwei auf drei Milliarden Euro erhöht.

quote:

Kahrs war der einzige SPD-Politiker, der am 8. Juli 2011 gegen den Antrag Keine Genehmigung zur Lieferung von Kriegswaffen an Saudi-Arabien stimmte.[52]

quote:

Der NDR berichtete im Februar 2020 über Tagebucheinträge des Bankiers Christian Olearius, laut denen Kahrs sich nach einem Gespräch mit Olearius im Dezember 2017 „in Berlin einen Durchblick“ über Steuer-Rückforderungen wegen Cum-Ex-Geschäften gegen die M.M.Warburg & CO verschaffen wollte. Kahrs bestritt, ein derartiges Gespräch geführt zu haben.[54] Daraufhin berichtete das Hamburger Abendblatt, dass der durch Kahrs geführte SPD-Kreisverband Hamburg-Mitte in demselben Jahr von der Warburg-Bank Spenden in Höhe von 38.000 Euro erhielt.

Reading up on Kahrs also led me to the wiki articles on the Schill-Affäre, good times. Hamburg politics are wild

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

yeah, rip

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

good riddance Du Spacken

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Da geht die letzte gute Seele der Hamburger Verteidigungspolitik.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

cant cook creole bream posted:

If you don't break the breaks don't break.

Ladies and gents, we got him.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I'm ecstatic that our wise leaders have decided that Bundesliga is starting again in May. Just shows that they know what's important right now. I especially love that they are planning to broadcast the games over ARD and ZDF (so that Ronny and Kevin don't meet in person to watch the game because Ronny has Sky and Kevin doesn't - they are going to meet anyway) and that we all get to pay for it via our GEZ.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

KonvexKonkav posted:

I especially love that they are planning to broadcast the games over ARD and ZDF

Where are you seeing that?

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

elbkaida posted:

Where are you seeing that?

To be fair, it's not finalized yet, but it seems not too unlikely.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/creamspeak/status/1258005642046050311?s=19

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

2021 Zitronenpartei wählen!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I think Germany will be okay. As long as the active infections are reducing themselves daily, I am calm about this. And it wont flare up directly after some openings.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'd like to know more about how France is doing right now, but my French is atrocious. :(

They are reporting a steadily falling number of new infections, lower than Germany's.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Antigravitas posted:

I'd like to know more about how France is doing right now, but my French is atrocious. :(

They are reporting a steadily falling number of new infections, lower than Germany's.

Same, I still haven't found a good source on info about france, just a rudimentary dashboard. I don't think they are lower than germany but they aren't much higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The reported French daily new cases are oscillating a lot more than Germany's, but at a quick glance they looked lower averaged over the last few days.

They seem to have been pretty aggressive with containment which immediately cratered their numbers, so yay I guess. Hard to get a clear picture though because outside of francophone media there's not much.