Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What. No they dont. They make sure the fire is out so it doesnt spread.

Edit: I see it is satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

The administration?

i would say pretty much everyone honestly, and can you blame them (except for the ones agitating for a non-response bc gently caress them) people arent going to want to sit inside forever without any leadership

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

What. No they dont. They make sure the fire is out so it doesnt spread.

what if the building is nasty and very unfair

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dustcat posted:

why would anyone need to pronounce it

That cursed plague child will be the dictator of Mars one day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dustcat posted:

what if the building is nasty and very unfair

"That building was already on fire before we got here"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

That cursed plague child will be the dictator of Mars one day

there will be no vocal cords on mars. you won't miss them

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

shovelbum posted:

lets look at the apple mobility numbers for today

oh look even the west coast states are still inexorably marching back to normalcy lmao

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/2-farmers-markets-reopen-under-strict-guidelines/

open er up

lol thats seattle af that guy def gave up on a consultancy to go massage cows

mystes
May 31, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"That building was already on fire before we got here"
"China lied about the severity of the fire so we aren't going to bother trying to put it out."

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Cats do this thing called 'mirroring' where they imitate people

when my wife comes up to use the shitter, both cats come up to user their litter boxes.

my cat shits whenever i chop onions :thunk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
re: federal task force MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

empty whippet box posted:

can't tell if this is good or bad

kind of a mixed bag :shrug:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rah! posted:

my cat shits whenever i chop onions :thunk:

You make it cry from its bhole

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

dew worm posted:

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1257737844795281409

Welcome to planet Earth, little X Æ A-12 Musk...lmao

Jeez at least name him Bobby Tables

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Decided to support a local BBQ place today and they are out of beef and have no idea when it'll be back lol

The funny thing is that with this proving how succeptable our supply chains are... It's pretty sad that the workers never utilized the power of striking before this.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Has anyone posted this yet?
https://twitter.com/ChrisOpfer/status/1257645828102995970?s=20

Would be a shame if anyone jammed this system with fake reports, rendering it useless

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

seattle plague rat posted:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/2-farmers-markets-reopen-under-strict-guidelines/

open er up

lol thats seattle af that guy def gave up on a consultancy to go massage cows

if grocery stores are open so should farmers markets be, imo. better for a lot of reasons.

we should obviously be doing all food by pickup or delivery only tho, no face to face.

it still seems like it mostly spreads in prolonged indoor contact so the real measure that matters is narrowing the definition of essential businesses and shutting down p much everything but food supply chain

but hey thats never gonna happen

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Has anyone posted this yet?
https://twitter.com/ChrisOpfer/status/1257645828102995970?s=20

Would be a shame if anyone jammed this system with fake reports, rendering it useless

just reported MIKE DEWINE for not DOING HIS JOB during the pandemic and REOPENING OUR ECONOMY

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
thats my market i could have went instead i ordered the kind of bbq where the pickled vegetables are better & got puking drunk

my mask would have got a compliment is the real shame

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mike the TV posted:

Decided to support a local BBQ place today and they are out of beef and have no idea when it'll be back lol

The funny thing is that with this proving how succeptable our supply chains are... It's pretty sad that the workers never utilized the power of striking before this.

these are like supply chain lockouts where producers are trying to destroy food to pump their prices up in the face of soft demand, op, it's not a shortage in the traditional sense once you realize you can locally repackage restaurant sized portions of flour or whatever

like the lack of meat exports will do a lot to offset the reduced capacity, but we have a shortage bc theyd rather burn all the cows in a heap

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
tbh we need those small food producers & other cities do too

even the douchebags selling dry aged ground beef

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

subscribing to wendy's onlyfans to get a look at them bouble stacks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

WE HAVE THE MEATS

SHORTAGE

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zotix posted:

The Senate has said for a while now, no more relief without employer litigation protections.

FFS I hate people so much

"how'd you lose your apartment and car when your husband died?"

"he was a dental hygienist and the aerosolized viruses from patient's mouth's he inhaled repeatedly gave him the covid but we couldn't sue or have any recourse because they put a homemade snoopy mask on him and checked the patient's temp with a meat thermometer when they walked in the door and they fired him when he was sick one day before he had his test come back positive so he lost his insurance and the cost bankrupt us!"

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Interesting recent Nature article, not sure if it's been posted:
A SARS-CoV-2 protein interaction map reveals targets for drug repurposing

Here's a decent writeup by the authors from a less technical perspective.

They tested on African Green Monkey cells, they see some commonalities between effective drugs, propose a mechanism, etc. Cool stuff.

Now here's the real reason I'm posting this:

drat no more robotripping I guess

Purple drank, roni's drug of choice

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

FFS I hate people so much

"how'd you lose your apartment and car when your husband died?"

"he was a dental hygienist and the aerosolized viruses from patient's mouth's he inhaled repeatedly gave him the covid but we couldn't sue or have any recourse because they put a homemade snoopy mask on him and checked the patient's temp with a meat thermometer when they walked in the door and they fired him when he was sick one day before he had his test come back positive so he lost his insurance and the cost bankrupt us!"

feature not bug op

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

dew worm posted:

lol fuckin freaks

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
shovelbum gets the magnitude of the craziness in the world right, he just gets wrong the results of that craziness imo.

So if your complaining about how crazy he sounds you are already losing the battle. You need to redirect his craziness into more productive outlets than nihilism but good luck with that in this forum.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Zeno-25 posted:

drat no more robotripping I guess

Purple drank, roni's drug of choice

Friendship ended with MC Chris, now DJ Screw is my best friend.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigz posted:

shovelbum gets the magnitude of the craziness in the world right, he just gets what the results of that craziness will be wrong imo.

So if your complaining about how crazy he sounds you are already losing the battle. You need to redirect his craziness into more productive outlets than nihilism but good luck with that in this forum.

im trying to be optimistic by adopting houellebecq's banality thesis instead of saying BUY GUN. TRAIN. ORGANIZE. or wahtever

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I can't wait until people hide that they have the virus because they don't want to get fired, that's going to be fan-loving-tastic

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
like i think the anecdotal stuff about ppl sardine packing in everywhere thats open supports the banality argument but the increasingly bad consumer numbers coming out of georgia etc supports the Bad Mattering argument

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

I can't wait until people hide that they have the virus because they don't want to get fired, that's going to be fan-loving-tastic

uh thats been a constant of the entire pandemic in the US op

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

likely already going on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So what is up with the artificial antibodies thing?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

dew worm posted:

marketing 101 babeeeee: make your product impossible to talk about. just look at the success of the band "!!!"! the sky's the limit!
hopefully it'll just be too loving hard to write about this future failson so we won't have to read about how much money he has when he starts killing people

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

feature not bug op

iT's woRkinG oN mY maChiNe

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1257743070759661571

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

uh thats been a constant of the entire pandemic in the US op

yeah, shhhhh, it's not as bad in my mind just yet

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

So what is up with the artificial antibodies thing?

iirc theyre a cash cow drug thats been doing big numbers the last few years bc theyre a good solution to a lot of stuff so we may have a lot of luck with them and also it turns into something where your antibody debt is like student debt in that everyone has it and no one escapes it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

yeah, shhhhh, it's not as bad in my mind just yet

is your av your one-eyed pet cat with a googly eye over its missing eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
We haven't opened for dine in yet, and the new chud thing seems to be calling business that aren't open for some good old fashioned harassment. At least one every day along the lines of "the Governor says you can be open, why aren't you open" "even mall of Georgia is open, what's your problem" "if it was my business Id be open" etc