Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
Would 2020 Bobby be an Austin hipster with lots of arm tattoos & a trucker hat, who serves brisket out of a food truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Harlottetown accepted all comers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I could see bobby being a restaurateur but I don't see him as stereotypical hipster

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"

Milo and POTUS posted:

I could see bobby being a restaurateur but I don't see him as stereotypical hipster

No no he just looks like one. At heart he defends family values, centrism & propane, often putting him at odds with his fellow hipster chefs

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

bobby would be working at a jeans west, but succeeding where hank failed.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

For some reason I'm imagining it in episode format.

Bobby's all grown and starts a Youtube/Twitch channel that's all about being nostalgic for 90s era pop culture. Hank says it's a waste of time, obviously, despite the fact that Bobby is making more money than Hank. The drama peaks when Hanks little brother, Good Hank, says that drinking beer in an alley with the same 3 guys every day is just as big of a waste of time.

Bobby feels bad so he works with Good Hank to convince Dale Bill and Boomhaur that doing a Livestream of drinking in the alley would be a really cool idea and they'd get to become a meme, which entices all of them instantly. And all the donations will be given to the Arlen VFW or something. After seeing the donations improve the lives of the Vietnam veterans he helped in an earlier episode, Hank then thinks that maybe being a Professional Streamer isn't the worst thing in the world, and he's not as bad as Adam Sandler so how bad could it be?

The episode ends with Bobby and Hank on stream ripping into a fictional Adam Sandler movie as they watch it. Or maybe just Jack & Jill.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hank would've made so much drat money if Twitch was around during his ProPain addiction

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Bobby is a successful prop comic who runs a concurrent tour with the schedule of his wife Kahn Jr., a celebrated concert violinist

naem
May 29, 2011

PinheadSlim posted:

Bobby's all grown and starts a Youtube/Twitch channel that's all about being nostalgic for 90s era pop culture. Hank says it's a waste of time, obviously, despite the fact that Bobby is making more money than Hank. The drama peaks when Hanks little brother, Good Hank, says that drinking beer in an alley with the same 3 guys every day is just as big of a waste of time.

Bobby feels bad so he works with Good Hank to convince Dale Bill and Boomhaur that doing a Livestream of drinking in the alley would be a really cool idea and they'd get to become a meme, which entices all of them instantly. And all the donations will be given to the Arlen VFW or something. After seeing the donations improve the lives of the Vietnam veterans he helped in an earlier episode, Hank then thinks that maybe being a Professional Streamer isn't the worst thing in the world, and he's not as bad as Adam Sandler so how bad could it be?

The episode ends with Bobby and Hank on stream ripping into a fictional Adam Sandler movie as they watch it. Or maybe just Jack & Jill.

guest appearance by adam sandler in a 13 second bit, shown watching the live stream rip on him

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

King of the Hill 2020: Bobby has a crush on a nonbinary classmate. Hank learns a new pronoun. Dale suspects aliens
"Huh. Zhe."

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

PinheadSlim posted:

:allears:

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I always hate the spontaneous fanfic portion of megathreads like this but there's something so warm about returning to Arlen in my mind

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Daikloktos posted:

I always hate the spontaneous fanfic portion of megathreads like this but there's something so warm about returning to Arlen in my mind
I would loving *love* to just rent a condo in Arlen for the holidays.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Front page goon Bob Mackey had Jon Vitti on his Talking Simpsons podcast last week. Jon was a writer on early Simpsons who left with Greg Daniels to go do KotH. They talk about his work on both shows including why that one episode of KotH is called *Jon Vitti Presents"

Worth a listen if you like that sort of background stuff. It's patreon-only but they also did a full episode by episode series of the first KotH season (among other shows like Futurama).

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Talking Simpsons got way too fart-sniffy for me after a while. I don’t need it pointed out for me every single time a decades-old show isn’t perfectly in line with today’s politics and sensibilities.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Doppelganger posted:

I would loving *love* to just rent a condo in Arlen for the holidays.

"I love Austin!"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Look at this Juni Harper head rear end

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Doppelganger posted:

Now I want the "Hank gets plot-contrivanced into being prescribed medicinal cannabis" episode.

After having trouble sleeping soundly for several weeks, Hank agrees to take part in a sleep study. While the majority of the group are given a designer sleep aid, he's prescribed an herbal alternative as part of the small control group. But it works! He actually sleeps soundly and doesn't experience any more sleep paralysis.

The medical study has the participants meet up a month later for results. The group given the designer sleep aid is nearly ready to riot from a lack of sleep (which the drug didn't help) and awful side effects - hand tremors that won't go away, impotence and dry mouth. The people running the event go from worried to devastated when Hank talks about how well his chewable tablets worked. After the majority of the study demand to know what Hank took (and threaten the doctor with a folding chair), everyone is informed that Hank was given prescription marijuana edibles. Hank is horrified.

He spends the entire weekend spiraling into paranoia, rethinking the events of the past month convincing himself that everyone knows he's on the 'whacky tah-backy.'

Things get to the point where he comes into work early Monday morning with his letter of resignation, as he knows he could fail a drug test. The rest of the staff assume he's dying until he explains what's happened to Buck in his office. Buck, after taking a glycerin pill to calm down from laughing too hard, explains that (1) he doesn't really care, (2) Strickland Propane doesn't drug test because they aren't required to, and (3) Hank should really get back to work.

After work, Hank then confides the events of the past few days with his friends. They also laugh at him and explain that he was the same anal-retentive blockhead he always was over the past month.

That night, Hank can't sleep because he can't stop thinking about everything that happened that day. He gets out of bed and goes to watch some television. All the channels are advertising the lovely designer sleep aid from the study.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
b plot: boomhauer is dating a stoner hippie babe but he eventually breaks it off because she keeps smoking in his house

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Would Peggy be the kind of person who sells Texas trinkets on Etsy, or the kind of person who makes "lifehack/DIY/recipe" videos with useless-sometimes-dangerous information?

EDIT: Peggy is teaching Zoom classes. It works for her because she gets to plug her channel

FalconImpala fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 6, 2020

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FalconImpala posted:

Would Peggy be the kind of person who sells Texas trinkets on Etsy, or the kind of person who makes "lifehack/DIY/recipe" videos with useless-sometimes-dangerous information?

for sure the videos, but would be outshined by luann

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Peggy makes crap on etsy

Luanne repeats her pool Bible study except she's a cam girl

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

skooma512 posted:

Hair shaped like a cock

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Father Wendigo posted:

After having trouble sleeping soundly for several weeks, Hank agrees to take part in a sleep study. While the majority of the group are given a designer sleep aid, he's prescribed an herbal alternative as part of the small control group. But it works! He actually sleeps soundly and doesn't experience any more sleep paralysis.

The medical study has the participants meet up a month later for results. The group given the designer sleep aid is nearly ready to riot from a lack of sleep (which the drug didn't help) and awful side effects - hand tremors that won't go away, impotence and dry mouth. The people running the event go from worried to devastated when Hank talks about how well his chewable tablets worked. After the majority of the study demand to know what Hank took (and threaten the doctor with a folding chair), everyone is informed that Hank was given prescription marijuana edibles. Hank is horrified.

He spends the entire weekend spiraling into paranoia, rethinking the events of the past month convincing himself that everyone knows he's on the 'whacky tah-backy.'

Things get to the point where he comes into work early Monday morning with his letter of resignation, as he knows he could fail a drug test. The rest of the staff assume he's dying until he explains what's happened to Buck in his office. Buck, after taking a glycerin pill to calm down from laughing too hard, explains that (1) he doesn't really care, (2) Strickland Propane doesn't drug test because they aren't required to, and (3) Hank should really get back to work.

After work, Hank then confides the events of the past few days with his friends. They also laugh at him and explain that he was the same anal-retentive blockhead he always was over the past month.

That night, Hank can't sleep because he can't stop thinking about everything that happened that day. He gets out of bed and goes to watch some television. All the channels are advertising the lovely designer sleep aid from the study.

This isn't half bad

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Peggy makes crap on etsy

Bobby gets canceled after a "heated gamer moment."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Peggy makes crap on etsy

peggy doesnt make crap on etsy, she writes her musings for a comedy news website but doesn't realize they run her articles to laugh at her middle class hillbilliness. the site sends her an award for generating the most traffic and then she makes a dreadful realization

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

peggy doesnt make crap on etsy, she writes her musings for a comedy news website but doesn't realize they run her articles to laugh at her middle class hillbilliness. the site sends her an award for generating the most traffic and then she makes a dreadful realization

B Plot: Dale buys a suit of plate armor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Again?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Do I look like I know what a .jpeg is? I just want a picture of a got-dang hot dog!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

skooma512 posted:

Juni Harper? Or Murderface?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I just trimmed my own hair for the first time and Hank's Bad Hair Day feels awfully timely.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

FBS posted:

I just trimmed my own hair for the first time and Hank's Bad Hair Day feels awfully timely.

Seeing him go full on GTA later by mugging some random guy's bike was the cherry on top.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Master Twig posted:

Manic Kahn-Day remains to this day the only episode of King of the Hill that I have never seen.

And I've probably seen every other episode at LEAST half a dozen times.

This is the last episode on Hulu, what a weird way to end a series

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

IIIIIT'S MANIC!

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Raw ceviche from a moving truck? What went wrong?!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

IIIIIT'S MANIC!

So I'm going a hazard a guess that Bipolar Disorder doesn't actually work as depicted in that episode. Am I right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

princess_peach posted:

This is the last episode on Hulu, what a weird way to end a series

It was technically the last aired episode. "To Sirloin with Love" is supposed to be the last episode and was the last that aired on Fox. The ones after it on Hulu only aired in syndication.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

muscles like this! posted:

It was technically the last aired episode. "To Sirloin with Love" is supposed to be the last episode and was the last that aired on Fox. The ones after it on Hulu only aired in syndication.

ooooh, thats a much better series finale.drat fine ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

princess_peach posted:

ooooh, thats a much better series finale.drat fine ending.

Yeah, it was understated but appropriate to the series and ended with Bobby and Hank bonding over something without having to sacrifice who they were. Much better than the first intended series finale which was just a boring-rear end Wedding ending like we're in a loving Elizabethan comedy.