Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

5gnr

are you in the industry facetoucher, do i know you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Jake_Vig/status/986445318849007617

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

5gnr

are you in the industry facetoucher, do i know you

I don't think so...

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm just a normal computer toucher that's a jack of all trades :)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Chicago subreddit melting down at JB's technocrat plan to gradually reopen illinois based on numbers, they are threatening to "cancel" their leases and move to a non-lockdown state like Texas or Florida.

The astroturfing has gotten out of hand

Did they not realize that Texas plan is based on numbers as well? granted it's a really lovely plan and they're kind of ignoring the numbers as of now but still Texas has a plan as well

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm just a normal computer toucher that's a jack of all trades :)

oh its rare to see people outside of telecom call 5g nr

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
NRG Stadium (pronounced as N-R-G Stadium), formerly Reliant Stadium, is a multi-purpose stadium in Houston, Texas, United States. It was constructed at the cost of $352 million and has a seating capacity of 71,995

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Man Musk posted:

sabotaging your own efforts is great because then you can blame china, which is what you would have done without any pandemic, while also scoring points with your own supporters for demeaning the eggheads. you don't actually need to do anything further past this, which is the beauty of it.

think i'm getting the trump admin mindset on coronavrus. trump admin has only like 2 levers they ever pull.

Yeah until you run into an armed conflict with a real manufacturing power with 5x your population and twice your tech level

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

oh its rare to see people outside of telecom call 5g nr

But, that's what it is? I guess I just had to make the distinction between them there. I worked at Qualcomm eons ago doing qa for brew handsets

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4RsmaYuNw

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

NRG Stadium (pronounced as N-R-G Stadium), formerly Reliant Stadium, is a multi-purpose stadium in Houston, Texas, United States. It was constructed at the cost of $352 million and has a seating capacity of 71,995

just enough to hold all the dead bodies in America from Covid

for a couple days more at least

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

just enough to hold all the dead bodies in America from Covid

for a couple days more at least

How high can you stack them before the stands fail outwards from the weight

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1257721482429501440

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

facetoucher cat posted:

So. Apparently I've lost my sense of taste and I don't mean because I'm wearing a bright yellow shirt that says I hate people but I can't taste anything and I told my husband about it and I guess I've been saying weird things like this XXX is bland or I need more spice after dousing something with cayenne pepper for 2 weeks. FML

I just noticed after making super sweet coffee and it tastes like water

I can still smell my cat's turd bombs so there's hope it's just something else. I really don't want to deal with this situation anymore :(

Mayor Dave posted:

Yup, that's covid, I read a survivor account and she said it took more than a month for her sense of taste and smell to return

Not necessarily.

Two weeks ago I got a fever and lost my sense of smell and taste for a day. I got tested twice and turned up negative. Googling tells me that you can lose your sense of taste and smell from flus and colds.

Most important thing is to get tested, and stay indoors so you don't infect anyone else

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

this is art and i love it

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/AlyssiaByrd13/status/1257436711644209153

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

Not necessarily.

Two weeks ago I got a fever and lost my sense of smell and taste for a day. I got tested twice and turned up negative. Googling tells me that you can lose your sense of taste and smell from flus and colds.

Most important thing is to get tested, and then open er up for number

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Wrex Ruckus posted:

wouldn't they have already moved by now to the chud havens of Texas and Florida if they had the means to do so

It's just astroturf and T_D trying a baby's first influence operation. Chicago started mask distribution this month and my alderman has been handing them out all week. Pissbabies are mad about that too.

Zil posted:

Did they not realize that Texas plan is based on numbers as well? granted it's a really lovely plan and they're kind of ignoring the numbers as of now but still Texas has a plan as well

It doesn't matter, I get the impression white men on the internet really, really loving hate Chicago/NYC/SF/Seattle with a passion of a thousand suns

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

It's just astroturf and T_D trying a baby's first influence operation. Chicago started mask distribution this month and my alderman has been handing them out all week. Pissbabies are mad about that too.

It doesn't matter, I get the impression white men on the internet really, really loving hate Chicago/NYC/SF/Seattle with a passion of a thousand suns

I mean I hate those cities except Chicago bc they're hellish playgrounds of arrogant capital

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

being a filipino and being worshipful of china is I guess equivalent of being american and reflexively pavlovianly drooling at the mention of the british monarchs

extremely common?????????????????????????

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

bring back old gbs posted:

it would be funny if obama did a big PSA campaign about how we need to open up the country and stop social distancing and trump had to reverse course out of pure spite

Obama would never play those sort of games because of decorum.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

seems normal for florida

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I thought it would never get dumber than Dubya

I mean Dubya was at least very likable, and surrounded by capable killers who kept things running

Trump is far more likable than Bush.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Chicago subreddit melting down at JB's technocrat plan to gradually reopen illinois based on numbers, they are threatening to "cancel" their leases and move to a non-lockdown state like Texas or Florida.

The astroturfing has gotten out of hand

i wish they'd leave but i don't want to get my hopes up

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://www.kcci.com/amp/article/vice-president-mike-pence-to-visit-des-moines-friday/32381649

lol Pence is getting sent to Des Moines Friday to try to convince religious leaders to reopen

Gov Reynolds has already said it's okay for churches to hold services though granted her own church remains online only

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
is everything open? can i start having my candlelight suppers again?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the video loving owns

https://twitter.com/AlyssiaByrd13/status/1257492660933332992

old people driving cars at any time is loving terrifying

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

shovelbum posted:

I mean I hate those cities except Chicago bc they're hellish playgrounds of arrogant capital

just give it some time, Chicago will get there too

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

seems normal for florida

Yeah some one probably tried to pass on the right at a high rate of speed, and some elderly boomer with glaucoma glasses probably pulled out right in front, and that car launched like a fuckin missile off of the boomer's car.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey, uh, did instacart get hacked recently? A couple friends got unauthorized purchases recently

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

fosborb posted:

https://www.kcci.com/amp/article/vice-president-mike-pence-to-visit-des-moines-friday/32381649

lol Pence is getting sent to Des Moines Friday to try to convince religious leaders to reopen

Gov Reynolds has already said it's okay for churches to hold services though granted her own church remains online only

Please please please reopen churches I lust for mass chud death

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1257775773269651456?s=21

huh, this was one of my benchmarks for “things are kind of normal again”, Disney reopening parks

guess everything’s cool now :banjo:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Everyone, even good sources I listen to are like "well it's getting better slowly," the numbers today are almost exactly the same as a week ago. We're on like an oddly stable plateau.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nothing matters

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Chinatown posted:

the video loving owns

https://twitter.com/AlyssiaByrd13/status/1257492660933332992

old people driving cars at any time is loving terrifying

:piss:

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1257775773269651456?s=21

huh, this was one of my benchmarks for “things are kind of normal again”, Disney reopening parks

guess everything’s cool now :banjo:

shanghai my dude

my company has like 60 offices around the world, every single one is closed except shanghai and hong kong

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

why the gently caress is the L in salmon silent?

gently caress you

gently caress every last limey

English sucks

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

Not necessarily.

Most important thing is to get tested, and stay indoors so you don't infect anyone else

yeah, I don't know either way, I'm sure I've got a test in my future to verify. As the night progresses my lungs get funny and I've still got a sore throat but that could be another virus because I've been on antibiotics for almost a week. I'm not special by any stretch of the imagination so there's no reason I'd test negative but present a mild case with my lungs and body being that it is. I'd love a second negative test so I could find a place in the middle of the wilderness to go camping

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

nothing matters

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

tired of this poo poo