Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

putting aside the part where my country is falling apart before my eyes, its pretty loving funny

Why would you remove the funniest part of the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Biden and Hillary are almost equally hated here as succ dems but y'all gotta realize Hillary Clinton is (and had been for decades) like one of the most hated people in America. She is literally the worst political candidate of all time. She lost to a reality TV joke protest candidate.

And Trump couldn't even beat her in the popular vote!! Trump is a pathetic candidate who is only in office because of Hillary Clinton. All of this poo poo is her fault. The only way Trump wins in November, after carrying a <40% approval rating for four years and nosediving the economy, is if Biden picks Hillary as his running mate (not a zero chance), so actually I guess white women can give us 4 more years of Trump

The problem isn't that Trump is going to get elected, the problem is that Biden will get elected and do basically the same poo poo as Trump

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There isn't going to be an election. If there is, and Biden wins, Trump will declare fraud and refuse to leave office.

People keep hollering about how Trump can't just refuse to leave office when the only thing that guarantees a peaceful transition of power is tradition, and Trump is very specifically surrounding himself with people with no other qualifications than personal loyalty.

i honestly believe trump would leave and just make a big fuss about how "rigged and unfair it was and actually, people are saying he won" on the way out the door

he doesnt love the job, he loves the attention and his audience will go with him

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

InsertPotPun posted:

america now has a show in which you go on television and hope you are skilled enough to flatter the president enough that he'll help you not die.

"please help me mister president" is all about the right looks and the right attitude.
this week is "nurses" who made two critical mistakes: they didn't send anyone from "central casting". your "nurse" must look like a candy stripper from the 50's, leggy, angular blondes will go far
and, worst of all, they corrected the president. that kind of "i know stuff" attitude is heavily discouraged at PHMMP. if you say you know stuff that might give someone the impression that the president does NOT know something. this is not allowed. at all times the operative phrase is "we're looking into it". the president's ideas are always breakthrough ideas that no one has ever looked at before and you'll get on that immediately!! follow up not needed.

so sorry nurses, you didn't do nearly as well as the evangelicals or kim kardashian. maybe you'll get another chance next month if the president is still acknowledging that the virus is still around.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Son of Man posted:

Biden and Hillary are almost equally hated here as succ dems but y'all gotta realize Hillary Clinton is (and had been for decades) like one of the most hated people in America. She is literally the worst political candidate of all time. She lost to a reality TV joke protest candidate.

And Trump couldn't even beat her in the popular vote!! Trump is a pathetic candidate who is only in office because of Hillary Clinton. All of this poo poo is her fault. The only way Trump wins in November, after carrying a <40% approval rating for four years and nosediving the economy, is if Biden picks Hillary as his running mate (not a zero chance), so actually I guess white women can give us 4 more years of Trump

The problem isn't that Trump is going to get elected, the problem is that Biden will get elected and do basically the same poo poo as Trump

Trump isn't leaving office regardless of the events of the election.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The problem with discussing this hypothetical is that we can't say what would have to happen if it became a reality.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

NofrikinfuN posted:

i honestly believe trump would leave and just make a big fuss about how "rigged and unfair it was and actually, people are saying he won" on the way out the door

he doesnt love the job, he loves the attention and his audience will go with him

yeah I don't get this "he isn't leaving" poo poo that's popular around here

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

euphronius posted:

Biden is 1000x worse than Hillary who actually ... campaigned ? and not a lot hahah

tying it into covid trump will get a huge bump for his successful handling of it and Biden won’t be able to tackle him at all. Bidens response so far (he’s been invisible mostly.m) is to say trump should be more heroic and go after China ?

If I was Biden I'd be staying as low-profile as possible until November. Democratic presidents have always been happy to keep the neo-liberal machine chugging along, while trying to cause the least possible upset to the Republicans.

That's not going to be an option for the next 4 years. The country will still be dealing with the fallout from this pandemic in 2024.

Apr 7, 2003

NofrikinfuN posted:

He has been 'running for the presidency' since 2000 as a publicity stunt.

The man is an attention-seeking internet troll. He stayed in the 2016 race because the stream of attention took him with it.

He will do whatever he thinks gets him the most attention, because that is all that matters to him. If pointing at Joe Biden and smugly saying "you're fired!" will get him the most attention from his fans, he will do it.

The GOP is a top down organization and the strategy is disseminated to the base via Fox News. His voters have been talking about how Democratic leadership is illegitimate and that they want a thirty year Trump dynasty. That isn't a mistake and they didn't come up with that independently.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Human beings, man.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1258057513917984768

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Philthy posted:

perhaps, but he was obama's dagger during the debates and sealed the wins

one of the greatest threads on the forums was when joe debated that smug gently caress paul ryan and curb stomped their bid into oblivion, i wouldn't write him off - he does know how to call people out on their bullshit to their faces

lmao do people still believe this poo poo?

Biden's brain is pudding now. That was almost 10 years ago, and he's very very old. There is no vivacity to him anymore, and he's not going to own anyone (besides Bernie who is a bad debater and was too nice to his old pal Joe).

Trump is going to get between 43-45% of the popular vote and he's going to win, if there's a general election held.

If any sort of realistic estimate of today holds true there's not going to be an election in November. Not with half a million dead bodies and tens of thousands dying every week.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

me @ trump’s pandemic response

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Philthy posted:

one of the greatest threads on the forums was when joe debated that smug gently caress paul ryan and curb stomped their bid into oblivion, i wouldn't write him off - he does know how to call people out on their bullshit to their faces

Nobody watches the debates or cares about them, especially when it’s two boring politicians like Biden and Ryan.

The election was still very close.

It was a bad thread and even the thread at that time admitted that the Diamond Joe poo poo was stupid and Biden was relatively ineffective against Ryan. Even if he did say “malarkey” and “bullshit” a couple times when Ryan would propose some bird brained Ayn Rand poo poo.

To call Biden “Obama’s Dagger” in 2009 would be profoundly strange and it certainly hasn’t gotten better in the last 11 years.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Son of Man posted:

allow me to offer some perspective from a rural area that leans republican

in 2016 there were a lot of lifetime republicans here that voted for gary johnson because they realized how stupid and dangerous trump was

now? this is maga country

hes made the idiots comfortable with being racist, sexist, violent, etc and its like a drug, they are addicted

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

NofrikinfuN posted:

He's going to set up an Apprentice-style show with a fake Oval Office where contestants have to compete to become part of his pretend government.

edit: I'm almost convinced this is how he's actually been appointing people.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

space uncle posted:

Nobody watches the debates or cares about them, especially when it’s two boring politicians like Biden and Ryan.

The election was still very close.

It was a bad thread and even the thread at that time admitted that the Diamond Joe poo poo was stupid and Biden was relatively ineffective against Ryan. Even if he did say “malarkey” and “bullshit” a couple times when Ryan would propose some bird brained Ayn Rand poo poo.

To call Biden “Obama’s Dagger” in 2009 would be profoundly strange and it certainly hasn’t gotten better in the last 11 years.

The 2012 presidential election was not "close" by any relevant metric.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

euphronius posted:

I had to eat chicken thighs last week it was horrible

Mods?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Azathoth posted:

it is probably a foreign drone testing us capabilities

or an alien testing us capabilities

What if we're the aliens all along and the planet is just trying to get rid of us with covid-19 and the .gov is releasing the footage to soften the blow when they announce it and by then everyone will just be like "meh, this seems fine"

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Romney only lost cuz he is Mormon and the evangelicals hated him lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1258099997553373184?s=19

Anyone seeing anything about this?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Son of Man posted:

Lets be real honest here. It's Obama's fault because he beat Hillary for the nom. Had Hillary been the nom in '09, we would be in President Palin hellworld

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1258066694469087232?s=20

lock him the gently caress up

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

how many were beachgoers

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

NofrikinfuN posted:

in 2016 there were a lot of lifetime republicans here that voted for gary johnson because they realized how stupid and dangerous trump was

hes made the idiots comfortable with being racist, sexist, violent, etc and its like a drug, they are addicted

This, along with voter suppression being supercharged in the last three years, are the real disadvantages that Biden faces compared to Hillary.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

time to open up!!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I am concerned by the number of TV shows that are probably being written right now about mopey white people dealing with quarantine.

We already have Rick Gervais' After Life.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

facetoucher cat posted:

What if we're the aliens all along and the planet is just trying to get rid of us with covid-19 and the .gov is releasing the footage to soften the blow when they announce it and by then everyone will just be like "meh, this seems fine"

Nope, it's a simulation. The higher life form running it has just gotten bored and decided to trash his creation, like when people get bored of Sim City and turn on disaster mode.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

see you losers at TGI Friday’s bar

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

trump will win bigly

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Lets be real honest here. It's Obama's fault because he beat Hillary for the nom. Had Hillary been the nom in '09, we would be in President Palin hellworld

in this universe, trump dies of a brain tumor and president mccain dunks on him by saying he likes business tycoons that dont go bankrupt

Apr 7, 2003

They're remarkably consistent in their willingness to use the criminal justice system as a weapon against people they disagree with.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

covid 19!!!:argh:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

NofrikinfuN posted:

Gary Johnson is also crazy and racist. Gary Johnson might even be stupider and more dangerous than Donald Trump. You are in red America. Nothing changed. I live in a red state too. Republicans have been comfortable with their racism, sexism, and violence as long as I've been alive.

At least Johnson woulda legalized weed though

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Philthy posted:

I bet most of that was team sport rooting and if you went back to rewatch you'd hate Biden

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Son of Man posted:

Gary Johnson is also crazy and racist. Gary Johnson might even be stupider and more dangerous than Donald Trump. You are in red America. Nothing changed. I live in a red state too. Republicans have been comfortable with their racism, sexism, and violence as long as I've been alive.

At least Johnson woulda legalized weed though

Donald Trump was the best outcome of the 2016 GOP primary, without a shred of irony.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Yeah it was stupid to cry about it then too. At least the investment bankers deserved it

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Bernie goes through with his protest primary campaign in 2012, is blamed for Hillary's loss to Newt Gingrich even though the actual data shows that the concessions he won resulted in a net benefit to her.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

There isn't going to be an election. If there is, and Biden wins, Trump will declare fraud and refuse to leave office.

People keep hollering about how Trump can't just refuse to leave office when the only thing that guarantees a peaceful transition of power is tradition, and Trump is very specifically surrounding himself with people with no other qualifications than personal loyalty.

I have been saying this for two years and have not heard a very concrete refutation of it yet. It's always "The Secret Service will kick his rear end out".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

covid 19!!!:argh:

lol send me the link so I can torture people with it