Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

ArmZ posted:

accelerationism ftw

It's not accelerationism if he was actually the best candidate. His 'real' competition was Cruz and kinda sorta Kasich. President Trump is better than President Cruz, and Kasich was low-key absolutely insane and would've started WW3 within the first 6 weeks of his presidency by moving NATO bases within spitting distance of Russia.

Even the also-rans were worse than Trump. Ben Carson was bonkers and doped up, Jeb! was a corrupt idiot who loved turtles, Christie was just a less funny and more corrupt Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

brugroffil posted:

shut the gently caress up about succccccccccccc you idiots

All C-SPAM threads are free to travel to other threads except for the succ zone. Quarantine that poo poo and do not let it leave.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

I follow this thread and catch the news sometimes and I have never loving heard of any of these thread villans. Ben Shapiro? Candace Ownes? Bill Mitchell? Are they just conservative AM radio hosts in some podunk town in the south?

shapiro is like the number 1 or top 5 podcasters

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Throatwarbler posted:

I follow this thread and catch the news sometimes and I have never loving heard of any of these thread villans. Ben Shapiro? Candace Ownes? Bill Mitchell? Are they just conservative AM radio hosts in some podunk town in the south?

They are the intellectual powerhouse of the GOP.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Throatwarbler posted:

i'm not surprised you haven't heard ben shapiro, most people need a bat detector to find out when he's nearby

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The Math is at least:

how much of the us military are trump supported,
plus how many citizen trump supporters will throw their bodies to the grinder,
minus how many Trump backstabbers are there that think the could gain king-like power,
minus anti-trump people who are willing to kill trump supporters:
-/+ with how easy/hard it is to kill a trump supporter.

I am hoping this wording passes the "don't talk about killing people rule."

The Supreme Court has already shrugged and invalidated a presidential election once in my life with absolutely no downside for them or for the GOP.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1258121881128853505

100% occupancy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

euphronius posted:

covid 19!!!:argh:

OBAMAAAAA

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

shapiro is like the number 1 or top 5 podcasters

I liked that video where Shapiro went on a BBC talk show and got summarily executed because he's not used to 'debating' without being in control of the venue.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ArmZ posted:

accelerationism ftw

Trump is probably the lesser of two evils compared to every president going back to like, Eisenhower, and is certainly the lesser of evils compared to Hillary and Biden

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Supreme Court has already shrugged and invalidated a presidential election once in my life with absolutely no downside for them or for the GOP.

There's an obvious difference between a bush v gore scenario, and CNN and MSNBC calling the election the night of while Trump screams "fake news"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
turning a big dial that says "Death" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Americans don't like to think about it but we've had two good presidents since the Civil War and three total in our history. Every other president outside of these three (Lincoln, FDR, Eisenhower) was a varying degree of negative.

Pulling it back around to covid, Trump's responding to it in a vulgar stupid way but the meat and potatoes of the fed response wouldn't be adequate under any other president either. It doesn't matter how competent an executive you pick to carry out policy if the policy itself isn't effective.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

All C-SPAM threads are free to travel to other threads except for the succ zone. Quarantine that poo poo and do not let it leave.

ALL THESE THREADS ARE YOURS EXCEPT SUCCZONE. ATTEMPT NO TRUMPING THERE.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

There is no thought about supreme court, or the house, or senate.

All there is, is the image of trump sitting with his arms crossed, saying "I'm not Leaving."

Then everybody in the united states picks their sides, slaughters the fence sitters, and goes at it.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Who was president for Spanish flu?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

twoday posted:

Preliminary Dutch exit strategy announced by the Prime Minister in a press conference today, subject to change depending on how the situation evolves. Measures may be increased or relaxed depending on the capacity of the healthcare system.

I got restaurant and September.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

shovelbum posted:

Obama

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

shovelbum posted:

Wilson and then his wife after his stroke.

Apr 7, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

There is no thought about supreme court, or the house, or senate.

All there is, is the image of trump sitting with his arms crossed, saying "I'm not Leaving."

Then everybody in the united states picks their sides, slaughters the fence sitters, and goes at it.

It won't even get to slaughter, the executive branch will be full of Trump loyalists who will say, "he's not leaving," and then nothing happens. Everyone shrugs and carries on.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It won't even get to slaughter, the executive branch will be full of Trump loyalists who will say, "he's not leaving," and then nothing happens. Everyone shrugs and carries on.

Maybe you will.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Eisenhower was a good President????

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Throatwarbler posted:

Candice Owens is one of the main Turning Point USA folks known for doing stupid things and Bitchell is just some Twitterati crank, but Ben Shapiro is one of the big conservative commentators / intellectuals nowadays, the patron saint of college republicans, a man of high stature in that culture and and of even larger presence

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I wish I were brave like a chud, they make more, live longer, run everything and get whatever they want, aren't afraid of coronavirus and in return it doesn't even really kill them lmao

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I'd put him in that category yeah. Especially compared to the realities of executing empire after WW2.

I could be persuaded that we've only had two good presidents though.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dustcat posted:

i'm not surprised you haven't heard ben shapiro, most people need a bat detector to find out when he's nearby

What is a bat detector?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if covid were ebola we would have 1.1 million dead already and theyd still be talking about how its time to open er up

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Staying out of '56 Sinai war and actually working to end it , somewhat staying out of Vietnam is better than pretty much anyone else. He hosed up in Iran though and I cant recall other major foreign in interventions although I'm sure they existed

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BeefThief posted:

if covid were ebola we would have 1.1 million dead already and theyd still be talking about how its time to open er up

No bc all the rich ppl who were either asymptomatic or got special drugs would be fuckin dead

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'd put him in that category yeah. Especially compared to the realities of executing empire after WW2.

I could be persuaded that we've only had two good presidents though.

supported France in Vietnam and then south Vietnam after their exit, overthrew Iran with the British, just to begin

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

Staying out of '56 Sinai war and actually working to end it , somewhat staying out of Vietnam is better than pretty much anyone else. He hosed up in Iran though and I cant recall other major foreign in interventions although I'm sure they existed

There's no way to keep your hands totally clean in that position I'm convinced, like every single one did a bunch of bad poo poo but when that's your whole context for your life and career it doesn't make you a personal monster either necessarily. Tho many/most were, of c.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

supported France in Vietnam and then south Vietnam after their exit, overthrew Iran with the British, just to begin

Sold, he sucked too.

All that's left is FDR (who wasn't perfect obviously) and Lincoln (who saved America so he might actually be the worst of all???)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Throatwarbler posted:

ah you sweet summer child

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Throatwarbler posted:

ben shapiro is easy to overlook

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

If Trump refuses to leave there is no way in hell Biden and the democrats will press the issue. It will come down to if the military, intelligence agencies, federal bureaucracies, and essential workers are finally done with this bullshit and sick enough of watching their families and communities get sent out to die for Number, and whether the many nations that host our military bases see the writing on the wall and decide to kick us out

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

ALL THESE THREADS ARE YOURS EXCEPT THE SUCC ZONE. ATTEMPT NO POSTINGS THERE.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Ben Shapiro is 6 feet tall

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

They're cameos of villains from trumothread, they're like the humorously dumb parts of the propaganda apparatus that we can safely poo poo on and laugh at bc they're more dumb than grimly effective

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

He did a lot of bad poo poo in South America to set up anti-communist banana republics like all presidents since the Spanish-American War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

docbeard posted:

ALL THESE THREADS ARE YOURS EXCEPT SUCCZONE. ATTEMPT NO TRUMPING THERE.