Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
LOL, like Cy Vance needs an excuse to not prosecute a real-estate case.

https://twitter.com/THECITYNY/status/1258041834502344705

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/markamesexiled/status/1258064369918902272?s=21

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Taking down Cy Vance should really be higher on the local electoral left’s priority list

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/status/1258247847218237440

:allears:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/julietlapidos/status/1258422771173994498?s=21

Big brain Cuomo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

:aaaaa:

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
So is Cuomo extending this NYPAUSE thing past the 15th? I don't remember how close to the expiry he let things get before the previous extensions but it seems really obvious we're not at all ready to open up the state.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

grah posted:

So is Cuomo extending this NYPAUSE thing past the 15th? I don't remember how close to the expiry he let things get before the previous extensions but it seems really obvious we're not at all ready to open up the state.

Have you heard about our flyovers tho

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

He seems to be itching to let up stare open back up, cause everyone thinks it's only bad down in the City

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KomradeX posted:

He seems to be itching to let up stare open back up, cause everyone thinks it's only bad down in the City

As if the shutdown up here is being enforced. I guess if they really open back up over here it'll help spread the bad more evenly.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

As if the shutdown up here is being enforced. I guess if they really open back up over here it'll help spread the bad more evenly.

That's what my guess is they open up the 15 and by the 30 it'll look like March all over again.

Though what was with that weird 66% of new cases were people sheltering in place that Cuomo was on about the other day. Every article I read never explained what that meant or hows those people got it, so now every Chud is using it as proof that the quarantine doesn't even matter

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KomradeX posted:

That's what my guess is they open up the 15 and by the 30 it'll look like March all over again.

Though what was with that weird 66% of new cases were people sheltering in place that Cuomo was on about the other day. Every article I read never explained what that meant or hows those people got it, so now every Chud is using it as proof that the quarantine doesn't even matter

Yeah, that was weird and obtuse. Welp, more dead New Yorkers, and since everything's being compared to Trump, prepare for more thirsty tweets when he recloses.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

yeah after April in terms of people being out and about, the HV was business as usual.

nonessential businesses still closed but the astute ones had jumped on being declared "essential" regardless of their function early on.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah after April in terms of people being out and about, the HV was business as usual.

nonessential businesses still closed but the astute ones had jumped on being declared "essential" regardless of their function early on.

Yeah, I'm seeing people walking around with no masks or biking with no sense of social distancing. I do my best to be with a mask and jaywalk a bit to dodge people, as much as that helps. Wondering when things are going to start "picking up" here. :smith:

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Well I read a lot of published anecdotes of people who were essentially like "isolation is really hard, I just popped to the grocery store yesterday for supplies and swung by the hardware store to get some things and then picked up some takeout on the way home, and today I have to go real quick to see my friend and then stop by the liquor store and maybe grab some pizza on the way back, and tomorrow I'm going to the park to get some sun and then probably a quick run to the pharmacy and maybe the supermarket..." so I can definitely see how people are both 'sheltering in place' and getting sick and getting their whole families sick.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I'm seeing people walking around with no masks or biking with no sense of social distancing. I do my best to be with a mask and jaywalk a bit to dodge people, as much as that helps. Wondering when things are going to start "picking up" here. :smith:

to their credit almost everyone here has a mask on while out and I saw a fight about to happen in a grocery store when someone got called out on their lack of one, before a third party deescalated it

grah posted:

Well I read a lot of published anecdotes of people who were essentially like "isolation is really hard, I just popped to the grocery store yesterday for supplies and swung by the hardware store to get some things and then picked up some takeout on the way home, and today I have to go real quick to see my friend and then stop by the liquor store and maybe grab some pizza on the way back, and tomorrow I'm going to the park to get some sun and then probably a quick run to the pharmacy and maybe the supermarket..." so I can definitely see how people are both 'sheltering in place' and getting sick and getting their whole families sick.

yeah then there's this. I'm trying my best to impress on my family in law that going 50% on this stuff actually has 0% efficacy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Well, this sure is something:
Troy farmers market will reopen outside May 16 — at a different location and with new procedures

quote:

The Troy Waterfront Farmers Market will reopen outdoors on May 16, ending a brief hiatus for the market that ended its winter season early in March.

"The good news is that the outdoor farmers market is returning to Troy for our twenty-first season," said Zack Metzger, market president, in a statement. “However, this version of our market will be different than in previous years. It will be smaller — with an emphasis on food, not festival — and will include many new safety protocols."

The market will reopen on a smaller scale in a new temporary location: a parking lot at the corner of First and Division streets. There will be 25 spread-out vendors, focused on essentials, and a layout that requires customers to follow a one-way traffic flow and respect the importance of social distancing.

The market will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will not allow more than 50 customers at one time. Customers will be able to sign up online for time blocks in advance and will wait in designated areas. Masks will be required and provided on site.

The market usually occupies the streets around Monument Square in the summer months, and occupies the Troy Atrium in winter months.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

grah posted:

it’s also important to remember that a lot of immigrant households in the city are multigenerational, so many essential employees have elderly/vulnerable family members at home with them

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So Cuomo sort of extended things to June 6th?

Look at these geniuses:

quote:

A group of Republican local elected officials from Saratoga, Washington, Rensselaer and Columbia counties, led by state Sen. Daphne Jordan, R-Halfmoon, on Friday called for Cuomo to allow their counties to re-open separately from Albany County, which has the highest number of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in the Capital Region.

Those counties "have seen, and continue seeing, far lower rates of COVID-19 hospitalizations and mortality than downstate and are largely ready to re-open. However, by grouping these four counties with Albany County, meeting the seven metrics prescribed by the Governor will be virtually impossible," Jordan said in releasing the letter Friday night.

I mean, what connection could these counties have with Albany County?! We all know COVID-19 respects the county line. :rolleyes:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So Cuomo sort of extended things to June 6th?

Look at these geniuses:

I mean, what connection could these counties have with Albany County?! We all know COVID-19 respects the county line. :rolleyes:

Lol better get your guns and shoot the virus at the county line

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Re-opening is stupid but America is terminally stupid, so it's going to be happening too early. Still...

...if we're going to be stupid these are decent metrics to look for. What guidance is going to be given for re-opening in these regions is still unknown (and still won't be followed correctly)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

hope you guys survive this! if any of you goons end up on Hart Island then I call dibs on ur stuff.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So by mid/ late June the state will be on lockdown again right? Or are we just going to ignore the spike that'll follow?

gently caress the chuds have half a point of what's the point of this lockdown if grocery stores aren't enforcing masks and trying to keep customers 6 feet apart. Of course they only say that cause they want to go to car shows and bowling. But we can't even do our hair measures right

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
fwiw people seem to be doing ok at masking up in the hannaford here, only saw one dude without a mask today

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
they also re-opened the deli counter so my long nightmare of not having shaved turkey is over

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Last time I checked, Washington County hasn't had a hospital since ~2003 so lmao

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Knight posted:

Re-opening is stupid but America is terminally stupid, so it's going to be happening too early. Still...

...if we're going to be stupid these are decent metrics to look for. What guidance is going to be given for re-opening in these regions is still unknown (and still won't be followed correctly)

Mid-Hudson includes Rockland and Westchester for some reason so we are hosed forever :(

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Phase 1 re-opening is supposed to last for 2 weeks for qualifying regions and here's a summary:

quote:

Construction and manufacturing businesses can reopen Friday. Non-essential retail businesses can reopen but can only offer curbside or in-store pickup.

Businesses like landscapers and gardeners as well as drive-in movie theaters can reopen, too.

Businesses should implement social distancing protocols, reduce density and require employees to wear masks if they come into frequent contact with others. Health screenings for those coming to work and frequent cleaning of establishments should be done, too.

This first phase of reopening will last for at least two weeks, Cuomo said.
There was some allusion to "low-risk outdoor recreational activities" being allowed but I couldn't find any more details.

2-4 weeks is just about the right time for active cases and deaths to re-surge.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Knight posted:

There was some allusion to "low-risk outdoor recreational activities" being allowed but I couldn't find any more details.

That's code for golf.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I feel like things are going to keep getting worse upstate. There was so much traffic today in Albany, it was like a regular day

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

I feel like things are going to keep getting worse upstate. There was so much traffic today in Albany, it was like a regular day

To out myself, nutty it's been the same on Staten Island. Just more avd more cars coming out over the past 2 weeks that traffic almost seems like ita regular again

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Same in Troy. Seeing way too many people without masks, too. Hey, but you know, once the cases get uniform throughout the state may people will stop whining that Upstate is being closed for Downstate problems (they'll never stop whining they will die whining)

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Gjonaj arranged for private security to work with the NYPD in my neighborhood. They wouldn't answer about whether they're armed, and they had the authority to pull people over for moving violations and make arrests.

https://twitter.com/MarkGjonajNY/status/1259262216735543305?s=19

Those assholes also donated to Gjonaj's campaign, shockingly, plus a ton of money to Trump and the RNC. Oh and Michael Grimm :lol:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/beyerstein/status/1261143337937121280

:raise:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Double posting for something completely different: Albany mayor gives up salary for the rest of the year

https://twitter.com/_ErikaLeigh/status/1261764123370684420

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Say goodbye to curve flattening:

https://twitter.com/timesunion/status/1262066343102361605

All week the Capital Region was absolutely not ready, even getting down from 6/7 to 5/7, and now it's all clear? loving bullshit.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Upstate is brimming with Confederate flag wavers, so I expect a rona burst for the remainder of spring

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Say goodbye to curve flattening:

https://twitter.com/timesunion/status/1262066343102361605

All week the Capital Region was absolutely not ready, even getting down from 6/7 to 5/7, and now it's all clear? loving bullshit.

god dammit

I wonder when my FIL is gonna be told to report back to work

Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Hey guys, is there a general NYC thread at SA so I can ask some questions?