Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1258207354237132800

:allears:

That's my Quarterback.

Also lmao, that dude spent years in the NFL, many of them behind a ghost of an offensive Line(got sacked 9 times in da first half).

Let that man just watch deer videos in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

How did it take her a decade to figure that out?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dexo posted:

That's my Quarterback.

Also lmao, that dude spent years in the NFL, many of them behind a ghost of an offensive Line(got sacked 9 times in da first half).

Jay "don't care" Cutler is lazy and unmotivated?

Seriously, though, she's probably insufferable as all hell. Best of luck to Cutler.

Abugadu posted:

I never hated Favre, despite going to the Vikes. It’s easy to sympathize when he’s a HOF qb whose team has repeatedly passed up great skill position players in the draft and FA, letting you know where you stand by drafting a qb in the first round.

Glad we learned from that.

When your HOF QB grumbles about retiring on-and-off and a guy who was projected to be a #1 overall QB in the draft falls into your lap at 24, you take him.

When your HOF QB is talking about playing into his 40s and staying with the team until he retires - and you were just in the NFCCG - it's not especially great to trade up to grab... the projected #8-ish QB in the draft. :negative:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

unl33t posted:

She might be a little on the slow slide... being an anti-vax'er and all. :hurr:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dude has earned enough money playing football for multiple generations to sit around and do nothing for their entire lives. He is the antithesis of someone who would hustle every day to cultivate his social media brand, and I can't imagine he wants a bunch of camera people walking around their house every day. It is amazing it lasted this long.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

unl33t posted:

Up until a few years ago Cutler spent 2/3rds of the year doing football and the rest of the year recovering from it. And even then I'm sure they found ways to stay just busy enough that it wasn't much of a problem until the recent shutdown.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
She's divorcing him because people liked him better than her on her show.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have to wonder what the viewership stats would be like without him in the picture at all.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1258495090676453379?s=19

ThatsmyQB.gif

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Also

https://twitter.com/LeaksNfl/status/1258503229777809410

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Owns.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m not one to usually take glee in personal drama like this, but I have a feeling I’m going to enjoy all the news coming out of these divorce proceedings. What was Cavallari known for before the reality show anyway?

Anyway, both Bears/GB games being towards the end of the season is a nice change of pace. Seemed like they always wanted one of those games really early.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

That's my Quarterback.

Dude spent his entire young life working hard enough to become an NFL QB for a decade, then spent a decade getting the poo poo beaten out of him while being a pretty good NFL QB and she's divorcing him for........wanting to be at home and spend time with his kids.

I'd say gently caress her for loving up those kids lives by splitting up for such petty, bullshit reasons while they're so young, but, frankly, they're probably better off without her in their life.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I hope that second quote is true.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m not one to usually take glee in personal drama like this, but I have a feeling I’m going to enjoy all the news coming out of these divorce proceedings. What was Cavallari known for before the reality show anyway?

Her other reality show, The Hills on MTV in the 2000s. She is a creature made of, by, and for reality TV.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the fact that jay cutler became a reality tv celebrity is incredible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe he got their kids vaccinated behind her back. :laffo:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
People itt being really weird about this. I don’t know poo poo about their relationship and I don’t really care so not going to comment on any person involved but if I told my wife I was going to get a job and work and then proceeded to not do anything she would be rightly pissed off at me.

Also freezing joint assets is pretty whack

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I mean did he say he was gonna get a job? He was a retired QB who made 8 figure salaries.

He doesnt need to work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Adun posted:

People itt being really weird about this. I don’t know poo poo about their relationship and I don’t really care so not going to comment on any person involved but [proceeds to comment on the people involved]

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dog I don’t think you know how to read

OxySnake posted:

I mean did he say he was gonna get a job? He was a retired QB who made 8 figure salaries.

He doesnt need to work.

I seem to remember he actually did retire because he wanted to go into broadcasting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adun posted:

People itt being really weird about this. I don’t know poo poo about their relationship and I don’t really care so not going to comment on any person involved but if I told my wife I was going to get a job and work and then proceeded to not do anything she would be rightly pissed off at me.

It's very much not "whack" to freeze assets during divorce proceedings If one side doesn't trust the other side to be fiscally responsible, or to try and better their position while they deal with that process.

Adun posted:

Dog I don’t think you know how to read

I seem to remember he actually did retire because he wanted to go into broadcasting

It was more he just didn't want to go through an offseason just to be a backup QB. And Fox offered him money to go broadcast. And then the moment a starting job opened up he decided to go back.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 7, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also thinking about it more.

They are a social media, and reality TV family, and no one is going to come out of this particularly bad.

If I told my wife I was going to work, and then I decided not to, and it didn't change our financial situation, as we were independently wealthy because of a job that I just retired from where I got my rear end kicked for months on end. I would laugh in her face if she got legit mad that I decided to stay retired.

Miss me with the sanctimony.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Adun posted:

loving :lol:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

It's very much not "whack" to freeze assets during divorce proceedings If one side doesn't trust the other side to be fiscally responsible, or to try and better their position while they deal with that process.

I dunno that quote just seems loving stupid? It's not going to be 5 bucks in cash, she's probably putting 20% down and that hardly seems like an irresponsible spend given what I imagine their total assets are.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Also thinking about it more.

They are a social media, and reality TV family, and no one is going to come out of this particularly bad.

If I told my wife I was going to work, and then I decided not to, and it didn't change our financial situation, as we were independently wealthy because of a job that I just retired from where I got my rear end kicked for months on end. I would laugh in her face if she got legit mad that I decided to stay retired.

Miss me with the sanctimony.

I guess good for you? Telling my wife one thing and then doing the complete opposite usually means she's pissed off at me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adun posted:

I guess good for you? Telling my wife one thing and then doing the complete opposite usually means she's pissed off at me.

Your wife gets mad at you if you change your mind about something?

Sucks to be you.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Adun posted:

Just FYI nobody that has seen ten seconds of the show would think Jay is the problem

He's 100% going to be living a better life without her

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Raku posted:

Just FYI nobody that has seen ten seconds of the show would think Jay is the problem

He's 100% going to be living a better life without her

Jay should have done this earlier, but why out in the effort?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Your wife gets mad at you if you change your mind about something?

Sucks to be you.

I'm just imagining the conversation with my wife if I was just like 'nah' after my last garden leave

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Adun posted:

I'm just imagining the conversation with my wife if I was just like 'nah' after my last garden leave

It would probably be a very different conversation depending on if you had $0, $50,000, or $10 million in the bank at the time!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

blackmongoose posted:

It would probably be a very different conversation depending on if you had $0, $50,000, or $10 million in the bank at the time!

Ehh

Anyways let's all just go back to talking about how bad the Packers draft was

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adun posted:

Jay Cutler deciding not to take a job somewhere is like me declining turning down someone willing to pay me to go fix their computer for 50 bucks or something.

That 50 bucks is worth less to me than the time and energy I'd spend fixing the computer.

If one's SO got mad at that then yeah, they are gonna get laughed at.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wonder what it's like to have a bye week in November.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Jay Cutler deciding not to take a job somewhere is like me declining turning down someone willing to pay me to go fix their computer for 50 bucks or something.

That 50 bucks is worth less to me than the time and energy I'd spend fixing the computer.

You know Romo is getting paid more now than he ever did in the NFL right?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Adun posted:

No way in hell would Cutler be anywhere near as good as Romo in the booth. He’d be a perennial noon start guy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adun posted:

Yes, and Romo is also literally the best commentator in the sport. Cutler would likely not be making 17 million a year.

If Romo decided to say gently caress it, he doesn't want to do it anymore, then more power to him(well I don't know the terms of the contract, but before he signed that deal). Life is about more than wealth accumulation. Stay home and be with your kids. Enjoy life if you can afford to do so.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

If Romo decided to say gently caress it, he doesn't want to do it anymore, then more power to him(well I don't know the terms of the contract, but before he signed that deal). Life is about more than wealth accumulation. Stay home and be with your kids. Enjoy life if you can afford to do so.

Dexo posted:

???

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

So Reading Comprehension not a strong suit I see.

Those two statements are not contradictory at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd like to remind you guys that Adun doesn't care about this and isn't going to comment on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

So Reading Comprehension not a strong suit I see.

Those two statements are not contradictory at all.

OK but as a spouse if your significant other decides to forgo a job or career that can make up to $17m/yr (Cutler and Romo both retired at the same time and signed up to broadcast at the same time as well iirc) after telling you they would go after that job that I can understand why that might be frustrating

MJeff posted:

I'd like to remind you guys that Adun doesn't care about this and isn't going to comment on it.

OK

Adun fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 8, 2020