Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

snoo posted:

maryland really do be tryna open up as soon as possible and I just want to scream

It really is remarkable how hard Hogan is trying to play both sides

I hope the chuds get wiped out if nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i stopped drinking as soon as it became clear this poo poo was becoming real and i'm pretty sure that its kept me sane during all of this surprisingly

the occasional moments of moroseness that one too many beers could cause would have been a lot to handle rn

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

snoo posted:

maryland really do be tryna open up as soon as possible and I just want to scream

I escaped the viral incubator chud office for lunch today just to drive around town and almost every restaurant had a packed parking lot. :shepicide:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mourne posted:

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

https://www.twitter.com/ItsDanSheehan/status/1251641875695431680

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

i stopped drinking as soon as it became clear this poo poo was becoming real and i'm pretty sure that its kept me sane during all of this surprisingly

the occasional moments of moroseness that one too many beers could cause would have been a lot to handle rn

ive just been getting fat tbh

theres no scales in my house so Ive been measuring by belt notches

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Mourne posted:

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

I’m starting to break down. I feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to and this lockdown is endless.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

I am beginning to experience feelings of despair.

there is not going to be a discrete 'lockdown is over' event, and it will be years before things feel normal. you need to find a way to live sustainably while still social distancing.

i am looking forward to camping more than i ever have this summer.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Mackers posted:

man, glad im not dealing with that kinda poo poo

this is p much how i normally live lol

what is it thats winding you up this much? stayin at home? no socializing?

I’m just isolated. I haven’t seen my Mom since Christmas and she’s a really cool person. If I didn’t have her as my mother, I would choose her as my friend.

I just don’t see an end to this. I mean, I know we will eventually have some sort of treatment or a vaccine, but it’s so far away.

The country is opening back up, against medical advice. And I’m just sitting here rotting away. I have the means to book an ocean getaway to a southern state. I could get a haircut, go out to dinner, and pretend one last time that this is all a bad dream.

But what kind of monster would that make me? I have a science degree for Christ’s sake. I know better. There’s a reason I’m under shelter in place orders.

I just don’t see an end and I don’t see anything in my future to look forward to in 2020.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mourne posted:

I understand why Wolf did this and I agree it’s the right move, but gently caress!

Ok, I think it’s time to give myself a haircut and see if there are any mental health resources available to me in a telehealth capacity.

I’ve been such a good boy. Only leaving my house once every seven to ten days, my vacation to the beach in North Carolina is cancelled, the only person I’ve been within six feet of has been my wife. I’ve kept all this up since mid March.

Again, it’s the right choice and I don’t want anyone to get sick or die and I will continue on as I have been, but god damnit people.

the only time I leave my place is to go shopping for supplies, go mail a package at the post office, go visit my gf, or go for a hike with my gf

out of all of those visiting my gf and going hiking are the least dangerous activities

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

wow this is literally the exact opposite of my approach, to each their own I guess.

I haven't done drugs this much in years, it's great. (just weed, LSD, and alcohol, nothin crazy)

Mackers posted:

ive just been getting fat tbh

theres no scales in my house so Ive been measuring by belt notches

also this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

my hope is that there is a temperature affect on transmissiblility and we aren't brutally burned for people's idiocy

my fear is likely that a significantly worse peak is coming

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Schnorkles posted:

I'm glad drinking just makes me jolly.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

my hope is that there is a temperature affect on transmissiblility and we aren't brutally burned for people's idiocy

it's definitely coming, we will coast at ~2k per day for like another week and number will start go up

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

wow this is literally the exact opposite of my approach, to each their own I guess.

I haven't done drugs this much in years, it's great. (just weed, LSD, and alcohol, nothin crazy)

i'm working out all the time and obsessing about my macros again because i have nothing better to do

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Squizzle posted:

sit on yr porch, or in yr back yard, a lot. being outside seems to help a bit!!

i have an apartment y0

also the name of that stupid conspiracy poo poo is "plandemic" :classiclol:

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Hey, don't worry guys the President of my company has appended "Keep it up, the end is in sight" to the last line of the daily company update email.

:rip:

oh there's definitely the end in sight for some people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

it's definitely coming, we will coast at ~2k per day for like another week and number will start go up

cdc was projecting 3k a day dead by the end of May and hundreds of thousands of new cases a day that I guess we won’t see because testing is static

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

this poo poo was a lot easier when i ate meat I cry as I shovel down another pound of lentils

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

the second wave were gonna get from opening up to early (which 1/2 the nation is) is going to result in a tidal wave of dead people

on the bright side it’s mostly chud states that are opening

on the not bright side, most of the people getting sick in chud states are minorities working in food processing plants

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I lost weight. Couldn't eat for a good while. My favorite snack atm is popcorn, fistful of kernels and a spice rack and you got yourself a party.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

this poo poo was a lot easier when i ate meat I cry as I shovel down another pound of lentils

wanna trade livers?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

aren'tt u in biotech? just fund meat made by bioreactive bacteria. biomeat.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

Visit a forest and just kinda walk around a bit, there's a forest and bird sanctuary like 15 minutes from me and they have like a $5/month membership that lets you in any time, it's pretty rad and you must have something like 5x better because I live in Nebraska which is, as they say, not good.

Thank you, this is good advice. I have national and state forests close by. One place has a series of waterfalls. Maybe a nice walk on a trail through some waterfalls would be nice.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

cdc was projecting 3k a day dead by the end of May and hundreds of thousands of new cases a day that I guess we won’t see because testing is static

at a certain point the sheer volume of deaths must make this suppression strategy impossible eventually, I would think. Like if 2,000 extra people a day started dying from pneumonia or 'unspecified respiratory illness' in the middle of the covid-19 epidemic it's not like people won't notice that. but I guess the news can just not report it, they're all owned by part of the fascist rightwing oligarchy which also controls the government so it could already be happening and we wouldn't know

just lol @ future me, hearing that the government was hiding deaths by simply stealing thousands of bodies piled up outside hospitals and dumping them in mass graves in the desert to try to suppress the covid-19 death count, and not being surprised in the least

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slippery Nipple posted:

the greatest irony of covid-19 is that the internet should have made us more equipped to deal with a pandemic than ever before, but instead has made us so stupid we're relitigating germ theory

almost as if tech can't actually solve humanity's challenges

Nah, America is just uniquely garbage. The culture, the ideology, the selfish deluded people

Garbage in, garbage out :d2a:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 7th Cum. Deaths Update

13,072 dead in a week.

1,867.43 a day.

That projects to 57,890 for the month and a total of 121,746 at the end of May. Five thousand higher than our loses in WWI.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

i'm working out all the time and obsessing about my macros again because i have nothing better to do

i gently caress wish I had any free time

weekends are reserved for being with my gf, that’s non negotiable

my work week is 40-50 hours wfh right now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
im stress eating and i've put on 10 pounds in the last 7 weeks, poo poo sucks man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gringostar posted:

i gently caress wish I had any free time

weekends are reserved for being with my gf, that’s non negotiable

my work week is 40-50 hours wfh right now

im basically alternating between working and working out until about 7-8pm right now

we have two clients that have shifted to COVID work and things are batty

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mourne posted:

Thank you, this is good advice. I have national and state forests close by. One place has a series of waterfalls. Maybe a nice walk on a trail through some waterfalls would be nice.

word of advice, don’t go on the pretty trails because they’re full of people

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Zeno-25 posted:

Nah, America is just uniquely garbage. The culture, the ideology, the selfish deluded people

Garbage in, garbage out :d2a:

amazing ideology tho

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

Gringostar posted:

word of advice, don’t go on the pretty trails because they’re full of people

they're even prettier and less full of people at sunrise

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mackers posted:

also, and i will never ever say this again:

maybe try an mmo. good way to lose a few months

I play wow classic and the server populations exploded in april. Impossible to do any farming in the end game zones now because there are always people. A shame there aren't better mmo's.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mourne posted:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

could send them to places that have malaria for free but whatevs i guess

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

TBH this thread has been really fun for me to hang out in therapeutically speaking. We're all negotiating different types of tension that expresses itself both passively and actively, in unpredictable and uncontrollable fits, and my blackpill comedy accelerationist brain is working pretty good in this space. It is not about finding something productive or constructive, it is about finding what helps you hang on

Anyway I'm eating pizza in bed!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

I play wow classic and the server populations exploded in april. Impossible to do any farming in the end game zones now because there are always people. A shame there aren't better mmo's.

I should have stuck with classic

too late now

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm living in luxury. I got fancy cheese and some crackers. Came home psyched about that tasty cheese. Carved out some time for it. This is the highlight of my week now.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mayor Dave posted:

im stress eating and i've put on 10 pounds in the last 7 weeks, poo poo sucks man

:same:

I’m the fattest I’ve ever been right now

luckily I’ve made a deal with my gf that if at the end of this month my new routine isn’t causing me to lose weight we’ll join jenny craig together

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

euphronius posted:

this is more deadly than the civil war per day

think about that

It's way more deadly than even the worst of the fighting. The Union suffered 55k casualties in just under two months, but most of them were wounded or captured/missing. Only 7,621 were killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overland_Campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Mourne posted:

I’m just isolated. I haven’t seen my Mom since Christmas and she’s a really cool person. If I didn’t have her as my mother, I would choose her as my friend.

I just don’t see an end to this. I mean, I know we will eventually have some sort of treatment or a vaccine, but it’s so far away.

The country is opening back up, against medical advice. And I’m just sitting here rotting away. I have the means to book an ocean getaway to a southern state. I could get a haircut, go out to dinner, and pretend one last time that this is all a bad dream.

But what kind of monster would that make me? I have a science degree for Christ’s sake. I know better. There’s a reason I’m under shelter in place orders.

I just don’t see an end and I don’t see anything in my future to look forward to in 2020.

if you're a super productive guy idk maybe try learning a language while we're sitting around?

read all them books you were putting off and poo poo