Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/weartv/status/1258835757957107715

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

yeah agreed, they wouldnt reopen if they didnt know they themselves were safe

counterpoint: they didnt even want to shut down in the first place and are some of the dumbest people on the planet

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if there was a miracle drug for the hyperwealthy that reliably worked, trump would have blurted it out

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

fosborb posted:

just lmao if Miller gave him covid, that's practically Shakespearean in it's irony

also the White House is a poo poo hole. coronavirus is going to loving tear through it

the irony gods owe us big after boris recovered

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dustcat posted:

if there was a miracle drug for the hyperwealthy that reliably worked, trump would have blurted it out

also he would be playing golf rn

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

lol open it up u puss

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

shovelbum posted:

yeah agreed, they wouldnt reopen if they didnt know they themselves were safe

Trump is a notorious Germaphobe. If he thought he really could get sick people would of been wearing masks in the white house for weeks now. They would of been testing everyday. He wouldn't be going to a Honeywell plant and not wear a mask if he REALLY thought he could get it (he just wouldn't go). But he thinks because he is Pres people would sooner chop of their own hand then get him sick. It's just all the important people think it's all a hoax too so there's no way for them to keep him safe.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

have we seen the inside of the oval office lately? I bet every surface has been coated in that fake grass carpet poo poo and turned into a putting green

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

eric ciaramella posted:

imagine joining the navy only to be assigned as Donald trump's personal butler and dick sucker

please sir, we call it 'fluffer'

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Dustcat posted:

Hydroxychloroquine was a diversion

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pigz posted:

Trump is a notorious Germaphobe. If he thought he really could get sick people would of been wearing masks in the white house for weeks now. They would of been testing everyday. He wouldn't be going to plants not wearing them if he REALLY thought he could get it. But he thinks hes pres so people would sooner chop of their own hand then get him sick. It's just all the important people think it's all a hoax too.

yeah there's been a ton of reports of kushner saying over and over again he thinks this is all overblown

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dustcat posted:

we know for a fact that tainted adrenochrome from the wuhan child torture factory was an important vector in the beginning of the plague including mr tom hank's

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
i suppose they could be mixing the miracle drug into 2scoop's chocolate malteds like :catdrugs: to keep things hush hush but you need to realize that trumo's inner circle handlers are the only people on the planet he could find who are dumber than himself

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Dustcat posted:

they either don't tell him about it or bury it in a bunch of other poo poo he doesnt pay attention to

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The prob just slip it into his daily Sudafed or whatever weird poo poo he snorts

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

eric ciaramella posted:

imagine joining the navy only to be assigned as Donald trump's personal butler and dick sucker

Nah, you aren't assigned jobs like that, you have to apply for them.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dustcat posted:

Didn't he already do this sometime in Feb?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
trumps il6 inhibitor is hitlers meth vitamins

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

power word- Jeb! posted:

yeah it's this. several med goons have posted about how this has pulled people back from the brink but admin put a kibosh on it bc of the shortages/pricetag

Sarulimab is the big one that's being studied since March16 but we haven't heard anything one way or another since. Anecdotally Ive heard it has a clinical effect (ie: numbers improve) but no obvious effect on mortality/vent days. We've used plenty of tocilizumab at my hospital and it doesnt seem to do anything. I forget the major difference between the two drugs but it's an older il6 inhbitior.

I really dont think a paradigm shifting treatment is gonna come out. Maybe some stuff like remdesivir, where its effective but not in a game changing way.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Bip Roberts posted:

we know for a fact that tainted adrenochrome from the wuhan child torture factory was an important vector in the beginning of the plague including mr tom hank's

is this true?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/FrankChow/status/1258833829394956288?s=19

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

ah, finally, lava level mad

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

uh yeah read a book MORANS

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

if you’re a garbage brained chud, anything can be true

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Oh yeah dude totally

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
yeah thats what i figured. thanks all

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Sarulimab is the big one that's being studied since March16 but we haven't heard anything one way or another since. Anecdotally Ive heard it has a clinical effect (ie: numbers improve) but no obvious effect on mortality/vent days. We've used plenty of tocilizumab at my hospital and it doesnt seem to do anything. I forget the major difference between the two drugs but it's an older il6 inhbitior.

I really dont think a paradigm shifting treatment is gonna come out. Maybe some stuff like remdesivir, where its effective but not in a game changing way.

can u guys confirm that the -mab poo poo ur getting is the real deal?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

love finds a way

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, I present: the superior culture of the White Race

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

pigz posted:

Trump is a notorious Germaphobe. If he thought he really could get sick people would of been wearing masks in the white house for weeks now. They would of been testing everyday. He wouldn't be going to a Honeywell plant and not wear a mask if he REALLY thought he could get it (he just wouldn't go). But he thinks because he is Pres people would sooner chop of their own hand then get him sick. It's just all the important people think it's all a hoax too so there's no way for them to keep him safe.

You're interpreting his germophobia wrong by thinking it would lead him to actions that would be effective at reducing risk of infection, instead of things that would personally make him feel better. Wearing masks demonstrably helps, but it also means he has to see people wearing masks regularly, which makes him feel like things are getting worse.

Not to mention, masks mostly help contain the virus if a person's already infected, and Trump would probably think "if that guy could be infected then keep him away from me!" no matter how you try to explain that everyone has to presume they're infected and curtail their behaviour.

The same's true for people who mistakenly think fighting the virus would be in his political self-interest - projecting that he's winning against the virus, even with actions that objectively make fighting the virus harder, is more important to him and people who support him than anything happening on the ground. The whole thing even dovetails nicely with survivor bias, since the people most forced to face the reality of these bad decisions will be dead of the disease by November, only the believers will be left.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

yeah thats what i figured. thanks all

you and the thread, staring at each other in silence half-smiling, trying to figure out who is doing a bit

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QscFUEZBpBI

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

pancake rabbit posted:

you and the thread, staring at each other in silence half-smiling, trying to figure out who is doing a bit

lol

e:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mrs. Dash posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present: the superior culture of the White Race

a hero-worshiping impersonator of someone who stole culture from black people and became rich and famous off of it before dying fat, disgusting and drugged to the gills on the toilet. yep, checks out

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Trump dying from corona because of his own stupidity would be amazingly funny but he has the best healthcare in hellworld so it will never happen

Trump is far more likely to die of trying to self medicate with a bleach cocktail because he thinks he knows better than doctors.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Admiral Ray posted:

White House details are super competitive because they are super comfortable and chill and almost guarantee a cushy future job.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Yea, you have to really want to suck dick to get a special billet,or to even be willing to apply, the vast vast majority of service members have no interest in dressing up in full blues and marching in parades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
whole lotta conspiracy minded thinking itt by people who don't have a drat clue what pharma development actually looks like