Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
where are you getting commie stuff from what zoss is saying?

she's going to hand the key to zaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I suppose I technically should have used this updates panels instead of the last one, but these just fit so much better.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm just here for Zoss using the multiverse as a surfboard.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Zoss is an old union boss who got into management and was poisoned by it.

Alison is the new employee who knows communist and anarchy theory but has never applied it.

Incubus is just a fuckboi ancap

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"listen, i know everything was created through destruction and royalty yadda yadda but gently caress that stop destroying things"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lemony posted:

I suppose I technically should have used this updates panels instead of the last one, but these just fit so much better.

:emptyquote:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

NecroMonster posted:

"listen, i know everything was created through destruction and royalty yadda yadda but gently caress that stop destroying things"
Where are you getting "stop destroying things" from his speech? What he's saying is "if you want to break things properly, you have to stop trying to pretend you can control it or do it by yourself."

Or, in other terms: Pride is the enemy of Royalty.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Stormgale posted:

Sure but lesbians.

Edit: And there's at least three of them

I'm hoping for at least five. Maybe six, depending on how the Zaid thing shakes out.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PMush Perfect posted:

"Only one more title drop in the entire series." :ohdear:

It's almost over?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Potato Salad posted:

It's almost over?

One more book after this one.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Kill Six Billion Demons
Wielder of Names
Seeker of Thrones
King of Swords
Harem Six Billion Baddasses

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

M_Gargantua posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons
Wielder of Names
Seeker of Thrones
King of Swords
The 108 gently caress Up Brigade Storms the Bastille

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

3 posted:

I feel like I wrote a comic about this once, for like a comics tournament or something.

And it loving owned

also lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons
Wielder of Names
Seeker of Thrones
King of Swords
Inglourious Basterds

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Zoss: The wheel keeps spinning towards ruin. Get on fixing that Alice.

Is..is he telling her to get rid of entropy?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Zoss: The wheel keeps spinning towards ruin. Get on fixing that Alice.

Is..is he telling her to get rid of entropy?

We have no reason to believe entropy exists in this setting. The Flame is Immortal.

However he's definitely telling her to stop the cycles of violence that have made heaven rotten and choked with corpses.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

We don't have reason to assume it doesn't. YISUN divided, then lots of gods showed up, then everything went to poo poo, then Zos, then Galactic War, then Demiurges. I mean, its not exactly out of reach

edit: the idea he was telling her to actually destroy entropy was a joke, but yeah, nothing about the mythology of this universe suggests poo poo gets better over time

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

M_Gargantua posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons
Wielder of Names
Seeker of Thrones
King of Swords
Harem Six Billion Baddasses

We already know the name of the last book though.

Breaker of Infinities

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dr Subterfuge posted:

One more book after this one.

I'm not gonna lie, I have a hard time believing this story's gonna be wrapped up effectively in just one more book. It just feels like there's so much more of the world and the story to explore.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Guildenstern Mother posted:

We don't have reason to assume it doesn't. YISUN divided, then lots of gods showed up, then everything went to poo poo, then Zos, then Galactic War, then Demiurges. I mean, its not exactly out of reach

edit: the idea he was telling her to actually destroy entropy was a joke, but yeah, nothing about the mythology of this universe suggests poo poo gets better over time

Consider this, linear time is a lie told by YISUN

as is division, for that matter

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I have a hard time believing this story's gonna be wrapped up effectively in just one more book. It just feels like there's so much more of the world and the story to explore.

I feel the same way, but a) it's better to end webcomics before they become an endless slog or peter out and b) this chapter has felt incredibly long and has been chock full of unexpected turns. I have confidence that Abbadon has a plan that will be satisfying in the end, and after he's done there's always that tabletop RPG set in the same world to continue developing....

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I sill really, really want to play some Broken Worlds sometime. Only one person in my RPG group knows K6BD though, so it seems unlikely.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Allison is going to pull a Goku reverse spirit bomb with the key.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

All acts of "creation" as presented by the founding mythology of this setting are destructive. The creation myth is in fact the destruction myth. The wheel was made by cutting. The wheel continues through destruction. Royalty as an act of continuous paring down of the self is a lie.

you can cut and cut and cut, divide and divide and divide, but in the end you're going to be left with nothing but an indistinguishable mess. A pile of loving muck of no real distinction.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Because physics is just a made up thing and getting in trouble is a fake idea, you can easily end up with more than you started with if you cut it just right.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

wiegieman posted:

Because physics is just a made up thing and getting in trouble is a fake idea, you can easily end up with more than you started with if you cut it just right.

Banach-Tarski paradox, the ultimate expression of Royalty.

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
Aw yeah, 108 stars here we come. There's fire enough in Allison to share it with some more brows.

Do you think there is a parallel between Zoss' lectures to Allison and Meti's lessons for Maya?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

All his talk about cutting and wheels makes me want some cheese.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Giant Baby Demiurge

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This is gonna be a prelude to Allison humiliating Solomon in some way and sending his empire into open revolt isn’t it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

This is gonna be a prelude to Allison humiliating Solomon in some way and sending his empire into open revolt isn’t it.

It will specifically be someone who isn't Allison. Probably White Chain, with Gog-Agog then stepping in to make the situation even more chaotic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do appreciate that the story is going to be derailed well before it reaches the rote point of “Allison meets every Demiurge one on one and learns a lesson from them.”

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ShootaBoy posted:

I sill really, really want to play some Broken Worlds sometime. Only one person in my RPG group knows K6BD though, so it seems unlikely.

I don't know what the dynamic is like in your RPG group, but in ours only 2/4 were familiar with the setting and the other two rolled with it pretty easily. That said our main dynamic is that all 4 of us prefer playing to running so if somebody even implies they'll run the next campaign they get pounced on.

Hostile V posted:

It is we who planted peach trees; built the guild halls where they trade;
Ate the worms, built the arena, every gold coin mint we've made;
Now we stand weak as the Angels enforce laws Michael laid;
But dear YISUN makes us strong.

Amazing

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

I do appreciate that the story is going to be derailed well before it reaches the rote point of “Allison meets every Demiurge one on one and learns a lesson from them.”

Technically the only demiurges she hasn't seen yet are Jadis and Jagganoth. Incubus and Gog-Agog took the initiative to meet her, while the took the initiative for Mottom, Mammon, and Solomon.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Twist: Alice is a totally different woman we've never met and idiot Zoss got the wrong person.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Twist: Alice is a totally different woman we've never met and idiot Zoss got the wrong person.

I still feel Allison getting the key by mistake would be a very on-point reveal. Zoss fumbling the pass would be a move with him not being in control, and Allison seizing a "destiny" that wasn't her fate is very on point for Royalty. Zoss's greatest achievement being loving his own plan up at the 1 yard line, but still trusting that people other than him, outside of his control, can achieve things with the help of others—that's what I'm here for.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Twist: And this is where Gog's sublime union management kicks in :kheldragar:
Cause who else is really good at starting a revolt?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grouchio posted:

Twist: And this is where Gog's sublime union management kicks in :kheldragar:
Cause who else is really good at starting a revolt?

That's her secret. She's always revolting.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Alice should be Gog's friend so they all can go on televised adventures in their demon corpse-fueled airship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

108 master key empowered survivors of Solomon Davids display jump on him like starving jackals.