Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/plantpotperson/status/1237033707946618880

Rest of the TL is NSFW in places, fair warning.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao, is this the flame atronach guy?

It’s gotta be the same guy!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Sexual Business would make a good screen name

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

:catdrugs:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This is just good advice all round, regardless of the context.

Unrelated:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Glad to see Denver make the olympics

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Glad to see Demver make the olympics

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Glad to see Denver make the olympics

:golfclap:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

gently caress man, post the contact info

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Lmao, is this the flame atronach guy?

It’s gotta be the same guy!

That's it! I knew something about the situation and writing was familiar but couldn't remember what it was

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

beanieson posted:

gently caress man, post the contact info

Send a self addressed stamped envelope to the following address. Contact info will then be mailed back to you.

PO Box 997
Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

1 posted:

No, Germany is the home of the Afri ad.

ugh, inconsistant text size on the bottom row

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Stolen from the Aliexpress thread

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol not AliX but I was emptying out cupboards looking for something and found this tote bag that I have absolutely no recollection of buying:

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Dave's MITED TIME
SORRY
INCONVENIECE
OF
ONLY
PATTIES

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Bwuh... how?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The arches are duplicated and mirrored, and look distorted, so they're probably from a picture of some sort of tree covered in clinging vines. Rest of the picture is probably just a deciduous forest in winter. Cut out the path, woman, and the person behind her, clone out the gardener, paste it on top of the forest, paste the vine-tree-arches in.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Trees can't live without water, idiot

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
That's SA home-grown from a Phriday thread a few years back... no..?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Pyroclastic posted:

The arches are duplicated and mirrored, and look distorted, so they're probably from a picture of some sort of tree covered in clinging vines. Rest of the picture is probably just a deciduous forest in winter. Cut out the path, woman, and the person behind her, clone out the gardener, paste it on top of the forest, paste the vine-tree-arches in.

Man I need a copy of Photoshop that isn't from the aughts...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

This was super weird for me to stumble upon because just two days ago my son went digging in the closet and pulled Killer7 out of a box of old games I no longer have the console to play. He asked me what kind of game it was, and after a long pause and moment of thought I made the HUH-HAH-HUH-HAH heaven smile sound and told him "this is a game for adults only" and pointed at the ESRB rating. He asked me to put it back in the closet.

DUE TO THE PRECEDING IMAGE I MUST CLARIFY THAT I WAS NOT NAKED AND DID NOT TAKE A SHOWER WITH THE DOOR OPEN DURING THIS PROCESS

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This was super weird for me to stumble upon because just two days ago my son went digging in the closet and pulled Killer7 out of a box of old games I no longer have the console to play. He asked me what kind of game it was, and after a long pause and moment of thought I made the HUH-HAH-HUH-HAH heaven smile sound and told him "this is a game for adults only" and pointed at the ESRB rating. He asked me to put it back in the closet.

DUE TO THE PRECEDING IMAGE I MUST CLARIFY THAT I WAS NOT NAKED AND DID NOT TAKE A SHOWER WITH THE DOOR OPEN DURING THIS PROCESS

Well yeah, you're not a mod.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m not trying to derail more but what actually would happen if you joined two outlets in your home together with this? Wouldn’t it just close a circuit and not do much? Does closing the circuit like that lead to the wires getting super hot?

Also, what’s the story on that Hexagon house? My wife and I just got done house hunting in Portland and crazy houses around here are always fun to find. There was one in particular in SE Portland that was literally a fully decked out black walled BDSM house throughout the entire basement and first floor. The Redfin pics were loving crazy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m not trying to derail more but what actually would happen if you joined two outlets in your home together with this? Wouldn’t it just close a circuit and not do much? Does closing the circuit like that lead to the wires getting super hot?

In the U.S., residences are generally supplied with split‐phase power. There are two hot wires coming to your house and one neutral. Each hot wire is a hundred and twenty volts AC when measured against neutral, but when one hot wave is on the upswing, the other is on the downswing, so they’re two hundred and forty volts against each other.

If you go to your breaker box and look at the breakers, major appliances have double‐height breakers. These use both phases. Rows in the box alternate.

If you connected outlets on the same phase, with their breakers both on odd rows or even rows in the panel, not much would happen. A tiny amount of current would happen due to the path length difference between the wires in the walls and the suicide cord you just plugged in, but not much because the path length difference is small when measured against a light‐second.

If you connected outlets on different phases, you’d have a short at two hundred forty volts, with the resistance of the cable being on the order of a hundred milliohms. Nothing in this scenario is capable of support a megawatt‐range space heater, so either a breaker pops or something melts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Don’t loving dox me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Platystemon posted:

In the U.S., residences are generally supplied with split‐phase power. There are two hot wires coming to your house and one neutral. Each hot wire is a hundred and twenty volts AC when measured against neutral, but when one hot wave is on the upswing, the other is on the downswing, so they’re two hundred and forty volts against each other.

If you go to your breaker box and look at the breakers, major appliances have double‐height breakers. These use both phases. Rows in the box alternate.

If you connected outlets on the same phase, with their breakers both on odd rows or even rows in the panel, not much would happen. A tiny amount of current would happen due to the path length difference between the wires in the walls and the suicide cord you just plugged in, but not much because the path length difference is small when measured against a light‐second.

If you connected outlets on different phases, you’d have a short at two hundred forty volts, with the resistance of the cable being on the order of a hundred milliohms. Nothing in this scenario is capable of support a megawatt‐range space heater, so either a breaker pops or something melts.

Also if you plug one end in the other end will be easy to shock yourself with, start fires, or whatever.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Doctor Zero posted:

Don’t loving dox me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/2damntrans/status/1258504993788788737?s=21

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drat, they sure protest coronavirus restrictions differently in the U.K.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m not trying to derail more but what actually would happen if you joined two outlets in your home together with this? Wouldn’t it just close a circuit and not do much?

This is what we call a short-circuit yeah. Electricity can now flow unimpeded without a load "slowing it down" in between, so a lot of current passes very quickly. Current generates heat, if the breaker somehow doesn't trip your house is now on fire

E; beaten, forgot to refresh the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That’s a lot of Welsh streetwalkers.