Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

bill gates is such a nerdlinger desperate for affection he decided to make the masses love him by fighting diseases and now all these crazy fucks hate him for it and it's gonna make him go full supervillain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao trump's whole strat is just to ignore it and pretend it never happened and like 40% of the country is on board with it

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao trump's whole strat is just to ignore it and pretend it never happened and like 40% of the country is on board with it

that was the plan the whole time but after the royal academy model came out everyone screamed at him and the states shut down

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

As someone who uses an alcohol stove to cook food while bushwalking that's the only one that makes sense to me.

I use a MSR PocketRocket 2 Stove normally because of the weight or the Firebox Stove when I'm car camping and can have an open wood flame, it's pretty awesome and I really really love it and will even carry the extra weight backcountry if I'm wanting a fire but don't know if there's a fire ring because I'm in a wilderness area. I have a MSR WhisperLite white gas stove but I don't really like it

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

FizFashizzle posted:

I think it's going to be a lot less than that, payment processor data from Georgia shows how little the needle moved on consumer spending.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
pocket rocket is awesome, I lost my first one on my bachelor party canoe trip :(

white gas has never really made sense to me. I associate it with like "camping" as "going down to your cabin on the lake"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

fosborb posted:

pocket rocket is awesome, I lost my first one on my bachelor party canoe trip :(

white gas has never really made sense to me. I associate it with like "camping" as "going down to your cabin on the lake"

white gas stoves are good for winter, if you’re into that

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

white gas stoves are good for winter, if you’re into that

oh! yeah we're definitely three seasons campers. that makes sense though

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

I think it's going to be a lot less than that, payment processor data from Georgia shows how little the needle moved on consumer spending.

this georgia consumer is going to buy some stuff online today because I want some fresh fruits and veggies and as much as I hate buying clothing/shoes I need some house slippers BADLY!

like, I really, really hate buying clothing to the point I'm not even sure what size I wear after my significant weight loss over the past few years. I've just been guessing and since female focused clothing sizes are all arbitrary measuring myself is pretty pointless. Before all of this I got up courage to buy a few tops and went into the store I normally shopped at and they told me all their stuff would be too big and I didn't know what to do so I just went home

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

I use a MSR PocketRocket 2 Stove normally because of the weight or the Firebox Stove when I'm car camping and can have an open wood flame, it's pretty awesome and I really really love it and will even carry the extra weight backcountry if I'm wanting a fire but don't know if there's a fire ring because I'm in a wilderness area. I have a MSR WhisperLite white gas stove but I don't really like it

My whisperlite sucks. I really missed it when doing ultra cold camping (-30F , Nye in Yellowstone in a tent) because the jetboil didn't work for poo poo and a pocket rocket wouldn't have either but the whisperlite always leaked and was finnicky and a pain in the rear end

Also the fun part about jetboil/pocket rocket is people will give you free canisters since you can't fly with them

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
https://twitter.com/theponzifactor/status/1259441695214628865

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/1259489804519190528

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

happy mother's day to this bitch!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China owes the world billions of American dollars!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1259491596808204288?s=20

lol lmao, mayor's name is butt :yosbutt:

quote:

Richmond

A working-class city with a Chevron petroleum refinery in its backyard, Richmond may take a harder beating than many of its larger peers. With a population of 110,00, it’s well under the 500,000 benchmark to receive funding from most federal stimulus programs. Normally, the city’s budget hovers at $176 million, but it’s facing a $7 million deficit this year and a $27 million hole next year, accounting for the projected dip in sales tax revenue, the rising cost of pensions and inflation in goods and services, said Mayor Tom Butt. He’s formed an ad hoc budget committee with two City Council members that is looking at 49 potential cuts, including closures of branch libraries, fire stations or community centers, and slashing of recreation programs. They’re trying to minimize layoffs and look closely at what services residents would lose. “When we make cuts, it has a much greater impact than in a (more prosperous) city like Orinda or Walnut Creek — and that makes it particularly painful,” Butt said. The median household income in Richmond is $64,575, and residents rely heavily on city services.

Annual budget: $176 million

Projected shortfall: $7 million this year and $27 million next year

Possible cuts: branch libraries, fire stations, recreation programs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah its way more than 75 lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

lmao

Tag yourself

Lucifer is low key WAY into astronomy.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That's a really really bad misstatement of what the French study found.

By definition SARS viruses originate in Asia!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

that 12k number for h1n1 is an estimate btw. actual recorded confirmed deaths is like 2.5k in the us lol. but if you start estimating covid deaths based on excess deaths you’re a globalist

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1258887047080747009?s=20

Meanwhile there are still 2 hispanic ladies who remain jailed for the same poo poo lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1258887047080747009?s=20

Meanwhile there are still 2 hispanic ladies who remain jailed for the same poo poo lol

Lemme guess her business was underwater in debt too just like the no gay cakes bakeries that all popped up on GoFundMe?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The devolved government of Scotland, Wales and NI have all now said they're not following the English plan to ease restrictions. We'll see how that works out.

50.5 deaths per 100,000 in England

35 in Wales, 34 in Scotland, 22.9 in Northern Ireland

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Model says we peaked. Reopen country now ple...

Model???
reminder that this is one of the main models the white house uses (the other being a cubic fit lol)
Also, would you mind if I put this gif on the projections page of realgoodcovidtracker.com?

realgoodcovidtracker.com

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

My whisperlite sucks. I really missed it when doing ultra cold camping (-30F , Nye in Yellowstone in a tent) because the jetboil didn't work for poo poo and a pocket rocket wouldn't have either but the whisperlite always leaked and was finnicky and a pain in the rear end

Also the fun part about jetboil/pocket rocket is people will give you free canisters since you can't fly with them

NYE at Yellowstone sounds amazing!! I'm envious! We stayed at Caribou-Targhee National Forest in the Zone of Death when we went to Yellowstone but it was July

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/Goober218/status/1259503010784382976?s=20

Death cult

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

this georgia consumer is going to buy some stuff online today because I want some fresh fruits and veggies and as much as I hate buying clothing/shoes I need some house slippers BADLY!

like, I really, really hate buying clothing to the point I'm not even sure what size I wear after my significant weight loss over the past few years. I've just been guessing and since female focused clothing sizes are all arbitrary measuring myself is pretty pointless. Before all of this I got up courage to buy a few tops and went into the store I normally shopped at and they told me all their stuff would be too big and I didn't know what to do so I just went home

weight loss doesn’t make your feet grow/shrink

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

ugh, how dare scientists to not have perfected time travel

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

NYE at Yellowstone sounds amazing!! I'm envious! We stayed at Caribou-Targhee National Forest in the Zone of Death when we went to Yellowstone but it was July

It has huge pros and cons
Pros: no one there , there's one lodge open , so like 200 people? And since the hot water keeps ice off the river, animals are all over the place . Its also free to camp wherever you want since literally no one else did that but us
Cons; skiing was loving hard. It was too cold to glide easily, then you'd hit sections with no snow due to the geothermal. Snowmobiling is probably fun but noisy and polluting

Basically, you can't see nearly as much of the park but you also don't have to share it very much. it can also be cold as poo poo, I've done quinzhees and igloos a lot but never tent in that kind of weather. On the plus side getting back to 20 degrees was a +50F swing and I didn't even need a jacket on after getting adapted to that. We had to use body heat to get fuel canisters warm as well as food to be edible. Couldn't get a fire going at all and never figured out why. Oh and no bear issues , they were all hibernating, so that was nice

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 16:35 on May 10, 2020

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pump Jockey posted:

My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:

No. Delivery is fine. Get a pizza if you want a pizza.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
LMMMAAAOOOOO

https://twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1259324688641081351?s=20

Where am I gonna get my chum buckets now

gently caress off Jim

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lmao america

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1259507468310163458?s=21

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Is there a gif of all the updates to the IHME model? It feels like the tail keeps getting longer, but I can't see historical versions.

Ardennes posted:

They delete those, this is the way it has always been.

I got screencaps of when they were projecting 60,000 deaths and then 72,000 deaths, and for the entire pandemic to end somewhere around the end of June:

empty whippet box posted:

this data only goes up to may 1st, too, what's the real line look like if data up through today is added?

And here's the current data superimposed over their old 60k deaths model:

Their models look dumb already but they're going to look even dumber in a few days when we get the usual Tues/Wed surge

Snowglobe of Doom has issued a correction as of 16:51 on May 10, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

LMMMAAAOOOOO

https://twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1259324688641081351?s=20

Where am I gonna get my chum buckets now

gently caress off Jim

Go to the light, Jim.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
polar votexes? hmm, wonder how that's going to affect crops...

ahhh, yes.. excellent.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

smarxist posted:

polar votexes? hmm, wonder how that's going to affect crops...

ahhh, yes.. excellent.

all is chaos under heaven

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBoIton/status/1259508214133075969

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can the average foreigner tell Trump is an idiot or are they mostly chuds like the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

shovelbum posted:

Can the average foreigner tell Trump is an idiot or are they mostly chuds like the US

lmao the rest of the world literally thinks america is the stupidest country in the west, and has for decades