Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

listening to the latest this week in virology, and they're talking about using plasma from recovered patients.

turns out it might be useful in the very early stages of infection, but because plasma is full of clotting factors and one of the things covid does is cause clots, it's not going to be good for already very sick people, and probably wouldn't help them anyway because by then it's not the virus causing the illness, but the body's response to it.

so I guess this means the only slightly effective treatment we have are super-expensive IL6 inhibitors, and even that's dubious

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lol great that's where i live cool :cool:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Inceltown posted:

Guess who's getting a haircut?

Please don't doxx me like that.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

And so, until we are rid of all vermin, you must continue to hunt and kill. This bloody fate is ours alone. Do not expect the world to grasp our work... But remember, the confederates will always have my blessing... And each other. Always.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

PyPy posted:

weight loss doesn’t make your feet grow/shrink

Lmao yes and no. When you lose 150+ lbs your old shoes are stretched out and you have a lovely self image and don't want to go shopping and buying shoes w/o trying them on is a recipe for disaster when you normally go hiking every weekend but I'm okay with buying slippers online :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

patton sucked tho

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Can the average foreigner tell Trump is an idiot or are they mostly chuds like the US

The US is mega hosed up

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pump Jockey posted:

My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:

pizza is like the easiest thing u can make at home

here is a slovenly drone pilot youtuber showing u how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4P6t7UIbQ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i dont think youre supposed to hold the metal stakes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

patton sucked tho

Patton was a erratic leader but also had a genius like ability to accomplish the impossible like his response in the Battle of Bulge.

His aggressive hard driving mentality was also feared and respected by the Wehrmacht since it set him apart from the more cautious predictable tactics of other allied generals.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lmao the rest of the world literally thinks america is the stupidest country in the west, and has for decades

yeah but there are tons of racist shitheads in other countries too, like uh... most of Europe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Charun posted:

reminder that this is one of the main models the white house uses (the other being a cubic fit lol)
Also, would you mind if I put this gif on the projections page of realgoodcovidtracker.com?

Reminder of the WH's Council of Economic Advisers' cubic model posted just last Wednesday and which for some inexplicable reason is still being left up on their official twitter account:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/status/1257680258364555264

It was really obviously dumb to begin with and it was proven to be absolutely dog poo poo within just six hours when the data for that day was updated but here's how it looks with the current data superimposed:

According to their model the US was already supposed to be down to less than 500 deaths a day and in a week from now it would be down to zero and the pandemic would be over. The model was insultingly bad, just the most obvious propaganda bullshit.

Snowglobe of Doom has issued a correction as of 18:32 on May 10, 2020

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1259331529106321409?s=20

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lmao that all the jokes we've been making about mandatory applebees patronage is gonna end up not being far off

i'm sure legally mandating people to buy new poo poo with the money they don't have is definitely gonna be the secret to kickstarting the economy!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1259515369439584256

Isnt the whole 8 million tests kind of underwhelming when you consider the ammount of people in the US?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Reminder of the WH's Council of Economic Advisers' cubic model posted just last Wednesday and which for some inexplicable reason is still being left up on their official twitter account:

It was really obviously dumb to begin with and it was proven to be absolutely dog poo poo within just six hours when the data for that day was updated but here's how it looks with the current data superimposed:

According to their model the US was already supposed to be down to less than 500 deaths a day. The model was insultingly bad, just the most obvious propaganda bullshit.

try and spot the weekends

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to their model the US was already supposed to be down to less than 500 deaths a day. The model was insultingly bad, just the most obvious propaganda bullshit.

To 90% of Americans a graph is just squiggles and so is writing mostly lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Jesus died for my burders

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

Sir Tonk posted:

i dont think youre supposed to hold the metal stakes

yeah, all they have to do to save themselves is let go and hop down

they could even go get an egg mcmufflin

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

shovelbum posted:

To 90% of Americans a graph is just squiggles and so is writing mostly lmao

eventually the graph will look like Trump's signature

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Isnt the whole 8 million tests kind of underwhelming when you consider the ammount of people in the US?

shut up nerd

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
To 90% of Americans if you can read above a third grade level you're a liberal f*g and need to be shot lmao

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lmao that all the jokes we've been making about mandatory applebees patronage is gonna end up not being far off

i'm sure legally mandating people to buy new poo poo with the money they don't have is definitely gonna be the secret to kickstarting the economy!

I think it'll be more like "your toaster license expired - pay $30 at this website or buy a new toaster" nag screens on loving everything

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

yes, considering you'd need to procure and process like 50m+ tests and deliver results daily for effective contact tracing in the entirety of the us

the number of tests available is pointless because of how widespread the virus is and how impotent the trump administration has been, the only reason to test now is to admit people into icus and correctly treat them

so now that i'm thinking about it, maybe 8 million tests will be necessary because l o l we're flying toward 7 figure death count

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cuomo going ham on corporate america right now

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Pizza update: I stayed strong and did not order pizza delivery. Instead I made chicken pot pie and cheddar bay biscuits, which satisfied my craving for a large, disgustingly fatty meal without having to worry about the ethics of capitalism.

If you have the ingredients, quarantine is a great time to make pot pies (a 2-3 hour process).

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The rat scene in 1984 but I'm being force fed double quarter pounders

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The US Population is 328 million lol.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/LorenaSGonzalez/status/1259505015795793927

Don't know if this has already been post but that's okay

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Watching my Pharmacist take off her mask to talk to an 80 year old patient who was having trouble hearing her kinda sucks. Ah, Dallas.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Joey Steel posted:

Watching my Pharmacist take off her mask to talk to an 80 year old patient who was having trouble hearing her kinda sucks. Ah, Dallas.

Just get a white board how are people so dumb

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Just get a white board how are people so dumb

If you're still there, Joey Steel, I'd tell her this. She may be glad to know

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 17:47 on May 10, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Roni Tony

Someone named tony needs to get it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

galenanorth posted:

If you're still there, Joey Steel, I'd tell her this. She may be glad to know

I specifically meant the pharmacist, they should know better. If you're in any customer-facing job and are struggling to communicate writing is way safer than pulling your mask down. I didn't want to imply the old lady who couldn't understand was dumb!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

actionjackson posted:

yeah but there are tons of racist shitheads in other countries too, like uh... most of Europe

In comment sections there are moments of chuddyness by people from other countries. Seeing the protests in other countries solidifies those moments, but only really see it in people who suck on trump.

So it looks like an outgrowth from the united states. But have seen some abroad gamergate throwbacks be very trusting of their government's stay at home orders. So are there degrees of chuddyness? Or the natural hatred of the united states keeping some abroad chuds from going full chud? if they had their country's version of Trump would they suck hard too and protest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MorrisBae posted:

I think it'll be more like "your toaster license expired - pay $30 at this website or buy a new toaster" nag screens on loving everything

mandatory winrar licenses