Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

nikosoft posted:

I called my mom because I am a good child and we had an alright conversation, but she's pretty libertarian chud to the core and it just makes me sad.

Feeling pretty lovely rn :smith:

Yeah my mom didn't get into politics too much but called the Gov of Michigan a dictator and the Democratic governor of North Carolina a jerk

Also said minus the top 3 states the death count isn't so bad

She also understood the economic fallout is going to last a long time, a reasonable statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has tormlo tested positive yet

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Alex_Nieto

This guy got shot to death because someone’s dog snapped at him

no, he got shot to death by racist white people

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"The history of the world, my sweet
Is who gets eaten and who gets to eat."

Threepenny Opera?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The type of person who likes Trump has to be less than 10% in Canada and Australia, the two places I've lived recently. Every country has uneducated rednecks but America's inability to wrangle corporate corruption, and its perverse ideas of "freedom," are pretty loving jarring for the rest of us.

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime/2020/05/10/defiance-round-clock-diner-opens-dine-service-sunday/3105326001/

quote:

On Sunday morning, a line of patrons spilled out of Round the Clock's west location, at Route 30 and Toronita Street, Manchester Township. The majority of the patrons were picking up orders to take-out, but some were seated at tables and booths.

"We've all helped flatten the curve," Round the Clock owner Themi Sacarellos said Sunday. "I think it's time that people get back to work."

Signs posted at the front of the business reminded patrons to wear masks and observe the 6-foot social distancing guideline.

Customer Dirk Slack, 51, of Spring Garden Township, who wore a mask and dined at the Manchester Township location, said the lock-down is "way overdue to be lifted. The only way we're going to get around over this is herd immunity."

Every single person I've seen talking about how we need to raise these restrictions is a small business owner or someone who otherwise benefits from sacrificing labor.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

hell I dont expect SS to survive the 30 more years I have before I could collect, so id probably take the 10k now.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/KBrassenstein/status/1259460893206855680

Apr 7, 2003

got any sevens posted:

no, he got shot to death by racist white people

The idea that your dog is precious and anyone who gets snapped at by your dog deserved it is stupid, sorry.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t “small” business peolme just sit in a home office alone while their employees die

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Laffer gives people cover to do the poo poo they've always wanted to do. They know he is dumb as poo poo. He knows he is full of poo poo.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol you idiots have looked at this real good covid tracker 2000+ times

props to Charun for actually building the website tho
https://realgoodcovidtracker.com/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SpaceCadetBob posted:

hell I dont expect SS to survive the 30 more years I have before I could collect, so id probably take the 10k now.

Boomers blocked any attempts at reform even simple things like removing the max tax cap (Social Security only gets taxed up to AGI ~106k lol)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

etalian posted:

Boomers blocked any attempts at reform even simple things like removing the max tax cap (Social Security only gets taxed up to AGI ~106k lol)

Medicare too iirc

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Were they at least on the graveyard sidewalk?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

has tormlo tested positive yet

He will never test positive. Doesn't matter that he hasn't been seen in 2 months, and Walter Reed is on lockdown.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/factgasm2/status/1257626942913736705?s=21

https://twitter.com/dvs1976/status/1258924697313579008?s=21

Do not want to catch the CoronaVirus in an El Salvador prison.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To get back to the start of the pet discussion, which I'm pretty sure was about food - I'm not sure you can return to the "Just let your pet feed itself" model in cities or suburbs, too little food to go around. The cats will decimate the population of smaller animals, before fanning out into the countryside to continue their holocaust, while the dogs will form packs and start harassing/attacking people, like you see in Russia except on a far grander scale.

Of course people aren't going to just switch to letting their pet feed themselves, so in the event of it becoming increasingly hard to feet pets, the outdoor cats who are let out to supplement what they get at home will become prey to the suburban trappers, naturally putting a check on pet food demand.

in my neighborhood a couple of husky looking dogs were seen running around for days. they attacked multiple people/dogs and definitely killed one small dog per nextdoor and messed up some lady's grandma. i think they were turned in to the animal shelter by some random person and returned to owner so animal services didn't even do anything lol. :shrug:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

next human centipede film looking pretty good!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

COVID-420 posted:

i live in the rural "live free or die" republican-governed libertopia that is new hampshire

went to the local farm plant store today to pick up a truckload of plants

everybody was masked up, appointment only, only me allowed in the store

good poo poo not everyone in rural america is being a dumbass

I suspect that like almost everything culture war related the openerup stronghold is not rural but rather “rural” i.e. suburbia only you have a big enough lawn to use a riding mower

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fosborb posted:

lol you idiots have looked at this real good covid tracker 2000+ times

props to Charun for actually building the website tho
https://realgoodcovidtracker.com/

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:morning:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Judakel posted:

Laffer gives people cover to do the poo poo they've always wanted to do. They know he is dumb as poo poo. He knows he is full of poo poo.

He knows what he's doing is bullshit in service of destruction of the government and empowerment of the wealthy

Apr 7, 2003

etalian posted:

Boomers are the protagonists of history and everything ends when they die. Nothing matters after that.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

honored to be the expert in these trying times

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

love being an expert

thanks

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Buying people out of their Social Security for $10,000

loving lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

sincx posted:

love being an expert

thanks

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

oxsnard posted:

I made a cold smoker out of a storage bin, a yeti cup, a PC fan and a cheap soldering iron.

I did some cheese yesterday and now I'm smoking the lox I cured in my fridge

This quarantine is breaking my brain but I'm able to do all sorts of projects I've put off for years

owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Alex_Nieto

This guy got shot to death because someone’s dog snapped at him

lmao this is good trolling

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
getting bit by a dog builds character imo

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

sincx posted:

love being an expert

thanks

drat, that'll be a good inclusion on resumes

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

sincx posted:

love being an expert

thanks

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

oxsnard posted:

I made a cold smoker out of a storage bin, a yeti cup, a PC fan and a cheap soldering iron.

I did some cheese yesterday and now I'm smoking the lox I cured in my fridge

This quarantine is breaking my brain but I'm able to do all sorts of projects I've put off for years

drat man send me some of that FATTY salmon

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BgRdMchne posted:

Threepenny Opera?

Close. Sweeney Todd.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1259561639814115328

quote:

As demonstrators of Washington’s stay-at-home order to slow the new coronavirus converged Saturday on the Capitol campus to again protest the restrictions, opposition has taken a darker turn online.

Two Facebook pages during the past week posted names, emails and phone numbers of state residents who had complained to the state about businesses allegedly violating Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home order. Some of the complainants say the Facebook posts have generated threats of violence and harassment against them.

One group publicizing the names, the Washington Three Percenters, has promoted the stay-at-home protests. On its Facebook page, the far-right group of self-described “God fearing Patriots,” had this message: “Want to snitch on your neighbor? Don’t expect to hide behind you (sic) computer screen.”

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

The trick is to be bit by smaller dogs and build up immunity to the bigger ones.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Homeless Friend posted:

I got mauled by two roaming beagles, how much character does that build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I got mauled by two roaming beagles, how much character does that build?

not enough apparently