Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Bloop posted:

Therapists don't have every answer for every human problem. Our brains are dumb as hell. poo poo is hosed yo

But seriously, what did you expect them to "do" exactly? All they can do is give you tools that have proven to work for others and explain to you how to use them.

It sucks and I hate that it hasn't worked for you but it certainly doesn't make them frauds. IF you've honestly tried tens of different techniques and they've failed then you are an unfortunate difficult case

Psychology is an infant science

Blaming the victim isn't cool eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:hai:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Therapists don't have every answer for every human problem. Our brains are dumb as hell. poo poo is hosed yo

But seriously, what did you expect them to "do" exactly? All they can do is give you tools that have proven to work for others and explain to you how to use them.

It sucks and I hate that it hasn't worked for you but it certainly doesn't make them frauds. IF you've honestly tried tens of different techniques and they've failed then you are an unfortunate difficult case

Psychology is an infant science

I'm aware. I do get this. I'm not complaining because they didn't "fix me" I'm complaining that they did nothing. I never asked for a solution. Just a path to management. But there was never anything. Just "how was your week..."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm aware. I do get this. I'm not complaining because they didn't "fix me" I'm complaining that they did nothing. I never asked for a solution. Just a path to management. But there was never anything. Just "how was your week..."

Get drunk and bitch about it on the SomethingAwful forums. If you've already tried and it didn't help, you may be using the wrong whiskey.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Have you ever tried a psychologist or psychiatrist? Ain't no shame in trying different treatments.

unrelated:
https://i.imgur.com/PYEciqa.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/w6YodHj.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/f5qx3bK.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BrianBoitano posted:

Have you ever tried a psychologist or psychiatrist? Ain't no shame in trying different treatments.

unrelated:
https://i.imgur.com/w6YodHj.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elviscat posted:

With a name like "DJ Fuckboy Supreme" I shudder to contemplate your therapy clientele.

Look I know this derail has gone on far too long and the last thing we need is for anyone to start it back up again but I must ask whether DJ FS's new title is going to be Dr DJ Fuckboy Supreme or DJ Dr Fuckboy Supreme or DJ Fuckboy Supreme PhD and I'm willing to take a sixer to find out

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DJ "The Doctor" Fuckboy Supreme

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

heyyyy guyyyssss I don't want to come barging in here like an rear end in a top hat if we're talking about heavy stuff but maybe since this is the Funny Pictures Thread we can post some funny pictures too...???

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Looking forward to The Innocence Project freeing those birds :ohdear:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BrianBoitano posted:

Looking forward to The Innocence Project freeing those birds :ohdear:

Those birds ruined the lives of countless people, they should burn in hell.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

it looks like both 10 and 2 are OOOOOHHh clock

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

heyyyy guyyyssss I don't want to come barging in here like an rear end in a top hat if we're talking about heavy stuff but maybe since this is the Funny Pictures Thread we can post some funny pictures too...???

I for one would be fine if you moderated talk about boring “heavy” poo poo in the Funny Picture thread. Or we can all agree that this is the PYF Brain Issues And Funny Pictures thread, and then it won’t be an issue.

(From the Simpsons meme thread)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd fallen way behind on the thread and it looks like I came back to quite the derail. :stonk:

It did inspire an image search which turned up this, at least:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If we use what we learned from clowns, isn’t it called a Slussy?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

No one care.

I did not realize that bear is making GBS threads until I was scrolling back up the page.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just want everyone to know that anyone can pm/email me. I'm not a psychologist, nor have I had any therapy training, but I've been through some poo poo man. So I kinda know what I'm talking about, and I don't charge :)

Anyway, funny pictures, because I forgot what thread I was in:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I just want everyone to know that anyone can pm/email me. I'm not a psychologist, nor have I had any therapy training, but I've been through some poo poo man. So I kinda know what I'm talking about, and I don't charge :)

Anyway, funny pictures, because I forgot what thread I was in:

Cheers

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5WdQAz-RA

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat, even with his neck busted he's still gettin' some. Good for you, Lowtax.

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

Blind Rasputin posted:

If we use what we learned from clowns, isn’t it called a Slussy?

https://youtu.be/-gVY_x_kpKM

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

I am a bit aggressive. I've spent hours and literally tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket trying to seek help and received nothing in return. Not 'nothing of worth' I'm not imply they tried and I felt failed I'm saying no one has even tried. I'm sorry I'm angry. I know it's rude. I'll die soon because I have no other choice. I'm just angry that people say "go to therapy!" "find a better therapist!" and then "well you didn't try!"

I've wasted so much on people who did gently caress all. And I get I'm the bad guy. But I've been let down by the people who have routinely taken my money to help. I dunno. gently caress it. I'm just angry. I tried. I wasted thousands of dollars and seen a dozen or more therapists and psychs and people just will be like "what an rear end in a top hat" I honestly tried. I did what I could I asked for help. And every professional failed me. But it's my fault. I wasn't in the best space to bootstrap. So I'm angry. Sorry.

Remember pancake cat?

Being someone who has a variety of mental health issues and suicidal ideations, with no knowledge of who you are: this is a giant red flag and please speak to someone, anyone that you trust.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I don't think that's the name Paula Deen would call me

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Shifty Nipples posted:

I did not realize that bear is making GBS threads until I was scrolling back up the page.

And it's not even in the woods!<:mad:>

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

swordfish duelist posted:

Being someone who has a variety of mental health issues and suicidal ideations, with no knowledge of who you are: this is a giant red flag and please speak to someone, anyone that you trust.
I disagree. The part you bolded is exactly what the people The Ape of Naples is complaining about would immediately focus on.
Just because someone says they would like to die doesn't necessarily make them suicidal. It's only human to want to be done with life.
And that's all we are. Human.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 00:27 on May 11, 2020

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wondered when that was coming and thanks for the lock down before I could contribute to the derail. I don't have a funny picture so risking a probe but...

Is there a general therapy thread somewhere in the forums that might be at least semi serious? Not GBS but maybe in E/N or in You Look Like poo poo? I can't find one that deals specifically with this topic and it's obviously worth discussing.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

swordfish duelist posted:

I mean, I have no one. Hence seeking therapy. See my experiences above. Yes, before anyone asks I've taken meds. And meds and meds.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Cocaine Bear posted:

No one care.

Is that in the woods?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I mean, I have no one. Hence seeking therapy. See my experiences above. Yes, before anyone asks I've taken meds. And meds and meds.

Just post loving funny pics you twats.

I would but for whatever reason it never works out.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Stoatbringer posted:

Is that in the woods?

You're thinking of the pope

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Strategic inbreeding would be an awesome user name. Or band name

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Splendid posted:

You're thinking of the pope

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

BiggerBoat posted:

I wondered when that was coming and thanks for the lock down before I could contribute to the derail. I don't have a funny picture so risking a probe but...

Is there a general therapy thread somewhere in the forums that might be at least semi serious? Not GBS but maybe in E/N or in You Look Like poo poo? I can't find one that deals specifically with this topic and it's obviously worth discussing.

I :justpost:ed one in E/N, and hopefully it gains some rational traction.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922919

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But what if... I were to create a new church and disguise it as my own religion? Hohoho, delightfully devilish, Henry!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is it a common thing for people to say they "fired" their therapist/hairdresser/barista when all they did was stop seeing them?

"YOU'RE ALL FIRED" I yell at amazon.com as I cancel my Prime subscription

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002