Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

3.5k total world deaths yesterday including 750 in the US seems insanely low even by weekend standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

As someone who does phone tech support all day I am triggered by them calling 5g wifi.

5GHz, coincidence? I don't think so

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

CODChimera posted:

3.5k total world deaths yesterday including 750 in the US seems insanely low even by weekend standards.

Maybe the cubic model is finally kicking in.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CODChimera posted:

We're over the hump. Open er up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CODChimera posted:

im sure everything's above board :shrug:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What a mess. No trend at all.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Yesterday was Sunday y'all. Today is Monday and there will be numerous announcements about how we've turned it around and we can open up.

Tuesday we'll go "oh wow weird so many deaths still maybe Sunday was underreported, oh well open it up."

We'll repeat this process for the rest of our lives.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

whats important is that we've moved on from the plague to more pressing matters

OBAMAGATE

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lockdowns dont work

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera posted:

greatest dem hoax in history
                      /

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Daily reminder that the Gloster Canary is a animal that exists

Tei has issued a correction as of 08:50 on May 11, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i know yall keep saying read another book but covid 19 👏 is 👏 an 👏 entire 👏 mood 👏 fr

dunbledore is mgarnicle if u think about it

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

seattle plague rat posted:

i know yall keep saying read another book but covid 19 👏 is 👏 an 👏 entire 👏 mood 👏 fr

dunbledore is mgarnicle if u think about it

may i recommend some arthur rimbaud: http://www.mag4.net/Rimbaud/poesies/Night.html

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Lockdowns dont work

Only the hardiest, most contagious strains will survive and come roaring back in the fall.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Lockdowns dont work

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Is there like a graph of just Sunday deaths?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Who could have guessed that presenteeism would actually make more people sick and reduce productivity.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
exquisitely coiffed bird

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
goddam fr? u coiffin my bird?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

CODChimera posted:

Is there like a graph of just Sunday deaths?

here you are, friend. deaths on sundays expressed as 9/11s

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

You are correct, the test is very sensitive but not that specific, 30% of negatives are false negatives, there are almost no false positives. Dude def got it

just keep testing until it comes back negative and youre clear, bing boom so simple

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fosborb posted:

neat thank you.

after analyzing this data i have come to the conclusion that the US should not reopen

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CODChimera posted:

neat thank you.

after analyzing this data i have come to the conclusion that the US should not reopen

counterpoint: open er up

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inceltown posted:

But they didn't. They just said stopping covid isn't as easy as turning off wifi.

Maybe it's just PTSD but a lot of people have no idea about the difference between wifi and cellular signals.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

fosborb posted:

ty, almost wonder if it's possible to build a coefficient around testing rates, to see the dimensions of the beast prior to our own (sa-north american bias) human ineptitude ?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Inceltown posted:

ah! well, nevertheless

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

We can't. We haven't finished changing the batteries in the birds yet and the tarp we are putting over the illuminati moon spy base isn't completed. What if people SEE!

drat YOU QANON! YOUR GUN LARPING PROTESTS HAVE FOILED US AGAIN!

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Oh hey, I go to that specific whole foods from time to time because they stock my favorite kefir.

Guess I'm not going back.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Drinkfist posted:

We can't. We haven't finished changing the batteries in the birds yet and the tarp we are putting over the illuminati moon spy base isn't completed. What if people SEE!

drat YOU QANON! YOUR GUN LARPING PROTESTS HAVE FOILED US AGAIN!

We'll just spread the rumour it was a false flag operation. The sheeple won't know a thing.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Joey Steel posted:

Oh hey, I go to that specific whole foods from time to time because they stock my favorite kefir.

Guess I'm not going back.

It's ok, he was fired. He's gonna be shooting up discount grocery stores now.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

We'll just spread the rumour it was a false flag operation. The sheeple won't know a thing.

You fool. It was already a TRIPLE false flag operation. We were trying to attack our own Evil United States of America (EUSA) falsely to make it appear like we were hitting ourselves but we were going stop but then the SECRET GOOD NAZIS called our bluff and protested and TRICKED us into thinking it was a gun protest when in fact it was a FAKE WOODEN GUN PROTEST (FWGP). We could not convince the superminds with our coded psychic hive spray named WOLF BLITZER so we had to commit to the TRIPLE FALSE FLAG by not not not faking hitting ourselves we have in fact full force hit ourselves to complete the final trickery they will NEVER KNOW (NK).

Now get back to bird duty commander Max Incel and keep our secret Something Awful (SA) line of communication open for further nefarious plots in the future when we replace all the maple syrup in the country with MINDBREAKER TOXIN (MT).

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Only the hardiest, most contagious strains will survive and come roaring back in the fall.

Back in fall? It's autumn now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Drinkfist posted:

You fool. It was already a TRIPLE false flag operation. We were trying to attack our own Evil United States of America (EUSA) falsely to make it appear like we were hitting ourselves but we were going stop but then the SECRET GOOD NAZIS called our bluff and protested and TRICKED us into thinking it was a gun protest when in fact it was a FAKE WOODEN GUN PROTEST (FWGP). We could not convince the superminds with our coded psychic hive spray named WOLF BLITZER so we had to commit to the TRIPLE FALSE FLAG by not not not faking hitting ourselves we have in fact full force hit ourselves to complete the final trickery they will NEVER KNOW (NK).

Now get back to bird duty commander Max Incel and keep our secret Something Awful (SA) line of communication open for further nefarious plots in the future when we replace all the maple syrup in the country with MINDBREAKER TOXIN (MT).

Mindbreaker Toxin administered to all drinking water; no noticeable change.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RedHourBen/status/1259759084309446657

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fits my needs posted:

why are so many southern/midwestern goons clamoring for things to open up when they were only kinda closed in the first place

tv told them to do it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Well this all seems to be going well.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

BTW don't forget that mortality will tend to go down as we learn what works and doesn't work with the disease, what meds to use or not, etc. So even if the cases go up mortality might come down in the medium to long term. Which is a good thing.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Tei posted:

Daily reminder that the Gloster Canary is a animal that exists

I guess that one's name is Al

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

I guess that one's name is Al

Top image: Allan and Jeff talking, Jessie interrupt with an actual fact.

Bottom image: Allan is angry at everything in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Tei posted:

Top image: Allan and Jeff talking, Jessie interrupt with an actual fact.

Bottom image: Allan is angry at everything in general.

birds have a much more involved social structure than I had ever imagined