Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
If there are more slots in the shop titans guild i would like an invite for SacSquid#68786

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

We've got one more spot available at the town hall level we're at now, and these upgrades are getting drat pricey so doing our best to keep a few spots open but it's going to start getting tough.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
New thread please, jeez.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Nah, we've got pages to go before this gets King's Raid bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cage-free egghead posted:

Nah, we've got pages to go before this gets King's Raid bad.

No matter how many pages it goes for, I doubt the game's as bad as King's Raid.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shop Titans? More like Top Shitans amirite

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It is not like this thread has much life to it anymore anyways. Just let people enjoy the newest gacha trash.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
We have a gacha thread though..

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904387

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Shop Titans doesn't actually appear to be a gacha, but more of a town builder. Doesn't seem to be an idle game either.

It's kinda fun, but I'm not sure what to call it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Could use a Shop Titans guild invite if/when one frees up: DemonMage#62094

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Its a handful of posts at this point, and its not like this is the most active thread around, sometimes going days with not one post.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Pretty crazy to see 700k people tune in live to see a 3-minute content update video for a mobile game. I wonder what kind of numbers Nintendo Directs have?

https://twitter.com/Frank_Supercell/status/1259176091006230529?s=19

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

any good legitimate games on Android that you buy then own with no bs catch? Disqualified are all the boardgames I already have on this thing

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

any good legitimate games on Android that you buy then own with no bs catch? Disqualified are all the boardgames I already have on this thing

You Must Build a Boat.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Junkie Disease posted:

Bad North, King of Dragon Pass, Solitarica, 80 Days, to give a few.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
I started playing Gumballs and Dungeons a few weeks ago. It is weirdly a little slow in the beginning but after a week or two you can do a lot more and you get a lot of the premium currency. Anyway, there's a lot of content and a fair amount of depth to the game and it holds up.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Another request for a Shop Titans invite: radiationcow#11585

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Usually someone creates a google sheet for friend codes. Guess not this time.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

The Room series are all excellent point and click games. House of Da Vinci looks similar but sucks balls, avoid.

The Rusty Lake games were on sale pretty recently and they're decent escape the room style games. I didn't care for Paradise as much as the other too.

The Squeenix GO games are also really good puzzle games and there's quite a lot of content for the price tag.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's always stardew valley, which has content parity with the PC version

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Junkie Disease posted:

80 Days and Mini Metro.

Almost wrote Mini Metroid, and now I kind of want to manage space pirate transportation between Brinstar and Zebes.

Edit: I know you said you played all of the boardgames, but does that include the very excellent port of Galaxy Trucker?

---

Separate from all of that, I'm in love with Pool Nation on Steam.... What's the closest thing on Android, or is there anything like it? I'd rather not go in for F2P/timer-riddled ones, or anything with excessive ads, unless the game is actually worth it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 10, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Look I get it but there's been more posts bitching about seeing people post friend codes for an android game in the android games megathread than people have posted friend codes.

If you are playing Shop Titans and would like a spot in the Guild fill out this form and I'll try to fit you in. Sorry for clogging up the thread.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looks like a new installment to the Bullet Hell Monday series dropped last month.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msykit.Stg1x2g

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The Monument Valley games are also great little atmospheric puzzle games for one time purchase, though they're pretty short.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

explosivo posted:

Look I get it but there's been more posts bitching about seeing people post friend codes for an android game in the android games megathread than people have posted friend codes.

If you are playing Shop Titans and would like a spot in the Guild fill out this form and I'll try to fit you in. Sorry for clogging up the thread.

You said the game can sync between Android and PC, right? Could I get an invite if I just played on PC?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Junkie Disease posted:

The Android port of Majesty is pretty great if you're into light RTS type stuff. It's a great game for mobile imo because you're not directly controlling the units, just putting out bounties and the heroes do stuff on their own.

Kyrosiris posted:

You said the game can sync between Android and PC, right? Could I get an invite if I just played on PC?

Yep!

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Junkie Disease posted:

I'd say having a usable controller would help, but Levelhead is shaping up to be a phenomenon of a game. Basically mario maker with different mechanics. Phone controls are okay for doing the storyline type content, but I'd imagine serious user-created content will make a controller necessary.

Same developer (Butterscotch Shenanigans) made a couple other games, most notably Crashlands was very fun. I'd call it a scaled down action RPG with random loot and quest-based progression.

But, in both cases, you buy the whole game up front. I love everything they've put out, very nice design across all their games. They deserve a smash with Levelhead.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Standingstoic posted:

They deserve a smash with Levelhead.

I like the concept a lot and the technical execution seems pretty good, but I don't see the game getting very popular. The gameplay and physics feel a bit off. Too fast and floaty, in my opinion. Also, there is too much visual clutter compared to something like Mario Maker.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Can someone give me a rundown on shop titans? Is it super freemium?

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

tildes posted:

Can someone give me a rundown on shop titans? Is it super freemium?

What I've researched on reddit leads me to believe "no". Once you get into the midgame you can sell items you craft for gems, so you shouldn't have to buy many (if any) in the long term.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009
If there is a Shop Titans opening: EternalMajin#47206

How do I leave a current guild (if needed) since it forces you to join one early?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
just accept another invite, you basically have to be in a guild.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Curious if there is trade based game, think old school Gazillionaire or the Offworld Trading Company PC game on Android?
Prefer to just buy the game and be good to go. I have 8 fun bucks

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t think it’s like those games, but Star Traders has a free version that you can upgrade to a pay version if you have never played it before.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Since we apparently have quite a few people waiting to join the goon guild in Shop Titans, I thought I'd write a short little guide, based on my personal experience to help you guys while you wait for us to make a bunch of money so we can upgrade the guild. And while the game forces you to join a guild, you can leave that poo poo as soon as we have room. If the people in it are okay, it'll help, but if they're all useless feel free to join random pubbie guilds until you find one where people help you build your furniture. Seriously, it takes like three taps to help everyone at no cost to you, push that help all button. But anyway, you're in the game, or you just started and all of us goons in the guild are sitting on mountains of gold, laughing at you peasants at the gate. What do you do while you wait for us lazy motherfuckers to get off our collective asses and throw money into expanding the town?

Complete the tutorial: It's actually not poo poo and it teaches you the basics of the game pretty well. It also pops up new poo poo as you keep playing, so keep at it. The discount/surcharge stuff is especially important, so watch out for that.
Hoard your gems like an stingy dragon: Seriously, there's fuckall worth spending them on in the early game, except the first couple of crafting slots. But they cost like a handful of gems, and 4 slots > 2 slots, spending your starting gems on them is well worth it.
Master all your low level blueprints: Just crank out shitloads of shivs, squire swords, lovely armor, whatever. It takes usually a 100+ craftings of each thing to master it. As it levels up you'll earn research tokens, which you'll need in spades later on, but you'll be fine to research each new BP as you unlock them. Typically each item unlocks a single item of the same type one tier up, those cost gently caress all early on, so if you master the humble shiv, you'll earn like nine or ten of the research tokens, and spend only like one or two on the next level shiv. Then you can work on mastering the next level item. Also as you master each BP, you'll earn bonuses, from faster crafting, less resources consumed, extra sell value, etc.
Fill your shop with crap and level it all up. You're limited by the number of racks and resource bins you can have. Leveling them up makes them work better, and they all give you extra energy. The first couple of levels are super cheap, and their only limit is time. So try to always have one going. The upgrade times get pretty crazy. The resource bins upgrades let you hold more and makes them come in faster. The storage chests add to your total storage space, for both items to sell and the extra crafting items you get from quests. You'll be gated by storage before you're gated by anything else early on. You can also put an item back into storage and build a new one, and start upgrading that one, too, because your shop's size limits how many 'useful' items you can have out at once. Decorative stuff is limited only by available tiles in the store.
Upgrade your store's size. Probably your biggest money sink early on. Doing this will give you more room to put stuff down in, and upgrade the amount of useful poo poo you can have. Don't spend your gems on it, though. I spent 500 for level four, and while it's moderately useful, it's not really necessary. Your call, really, but imho save your gems for the million dollar mark.
Get your discount and surcharge stuff on point: This is how you really make money. Discounting cuts the price by half, but gives you a bunch of energy. Surchaging doubles the price, but consumes energy. Everything you sell gives you a little bit of energy back, and discounting gives you half as much energy as surchaging takes. EG, you'll sell an item and gain 1 energy, it costs 10 energy to double the price, and gives you 5 to halve the price. The energy cost to surcharge varies from item to item. Some cost more energy but give less value. Pay attention as you sell stuff. Make a spreadsheet if you want, or look on reddit. Discounting the really cheap poo poo will cost you very little in earned gold, but will pay dividends when you surcharge expensive poo poo. E: If my energy is above 2/3rds full I usually just surcharge anything/everything until it's under. There's no point playing the discount game if your energy is already full, ke?
Roll the dice on small talk: Small talk gives you an even chance to either gain or lose energy. From what I read on reddit, the energy you gain is based on your current energy, but the energy you lose is based on your maximum. So never small talk when you're low on energy. Small talk after a discount, but before a surcharge. Don't bother when your energy is low, because the potential gain is offset by a much larger loss. Or say gently caress it and always roll the dice. You do you, I don't care. Customers will wait seemingly forever while you take twenty other people so you can refill your energy meter to charge them more, a fact that makes my retail-damaged soul very happy.
Keep your store full of poo poo to sell: Again, according to reddit, customers come in more often when your store is full of crap. So keep your shelves full, even if it's full of crap. Honestly, if you're following my above advice about mastering all your blueprints this won't really be a problem for you, but it will be one down the road. I'll usually make 3:1 crap to not crap, discount all of the crap, surcharge the not crap.
Buy whatever expensive crap people want to sell: The price they offer is LESS than your default price. When buying, discounting and upcharging are reversed. Paying less costs you a bunch of energy, paying more gives you more. So if you can, buy low, sell high. You'll make a killing. If you get lucky the king will want to buy it. If you get unlucky, you won't have enough energy to do so, but hopefully you've been upgrading all of your racks and crap and have enough energy. There's a very high-reward strategy called kingbaiting on reddit, wherein you lock every item in your store (click the little lock icon in the inventory), except for one really expensive thing. Wait for the king to show up, who will have only one choice, and buy whatever stupid crap it is at 5X price. People on reddit post screens of making ten million gold in a single transaction. There's an achievement for this, selling expensive crap to the king is clearly an intended strategy.
what the gently caress else: oh buy some heroes and send them on quests as often as possible. You'll need the resources (you'll always need more resources), and they level up and stuff. Eventually the later stuff gets harder and you'll throw them away and buy new guys. You can equip your stock on them to make them better, but it'll eventually break and you'll either need to spend gems or a rare item on the equipment to save it, unless you're buy the subscription thing for :10bux: a month. Then you can use gold.

I got into this thinking it would be an idle equivalent of recetter or something similar, but it's surprisingly deep and the guild mechanics are neat. Basically the whole town is the guild, and everyone can invest money into the different services we all use to level them up. Leveling them doesn't make them better, but unlocks other stuff and raises the max level of the character who uses that building. The guild can also assign a building as the focus so everyone's donations are cheaper. I think the cost increases as you donate more, but only for you. If one donation costs 100 gold and two donations cost 300 gold, I can donate 300 gold for two donations, or someone else can also give 100 gold and we'll raise it the same amount. You also get guild tokens for donating, which let you open bags of free poo poo.

E: Anyway, that's my longer-than-intended list of poo poo to do while you're waiting to get into the guild. Follow it or don't, it's up to you. I don't think any of us take the game seriously, and if I wasn't unemployed I probably wouldn't know near as much about this game as I do.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 12, 2020

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Quick question. The rockstar mobile games, i saw a review stating that the gta 3 series games support my controller. Does that also.apply to max payne and bully and stuff like chinatown wars or liberty city stories?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Quick question. The rockstar mobile games, i saw a review stating that the gta 3 series games support my controller. Does that also.apply to max payne and bully and stuff like chinatown wars or liberty city stories?

The only one I can speak of is Chinatown Wars, and that it does not support a controller.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

SpookyLizard posted:

I got into this thinking it would be an idle equivalent of recetter or something similar, but it's surprisingly deep and the guild mechanics are neat. Basically the whole town is the guild, and everyone can invest money into the different services we all use to level them up. Leveling them doesn't make them better, but unlocks other stuff and raises the max level of the character who uses that building. The guild can also assign a building as the focus so everyone's donations are cheaper. I think the cost increases as you donate more, but only for you. If one donation costs 100 gold and two donations cost 300 gold, I can donate 300 gold for two donations, or someone else can also give 100 gold and we'll raise it the same amount. You also get guild tokens for donating, which let you open bags of free poo poo.

Wait, all this money I've been pouring into upgrading buildings in the city is going to go away when I switch guilds? :smith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vulpes posted:

Wait, all this money I've been pouring into upgrading buildings in the city is going to go away when I switch guilds? :smith:

No, your contributions follow you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
In Shop Titans, always check the online market for things people want to buy. Even in the beginning of the game, you'll be able to sell some basic equipment for 5-10x the cost of what it normally would be, padding out your bank account.

Edit: Filled out the form for a town invite