Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

textbookOrigins posted:

I miss mafia but I cannot ever commit to ten posts a day. I will continue to watch you all creepily. (Thank you for some of the best entertainment out there! :3:)

To be fair, most of those requirements are 10 posts per *game day* not 24 hour period. Most of our game days are 48 hours, if that makes any difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The "10 posts a day" requirement is a good rule of thumb. However, if someone posts a large case on a single player for one game day, how is that not better than players who post 10 garbage posts?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

alright, I’ve thought about it

##vote no lunch

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

E: wrong thread

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Hello, idiots.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

The "10 posts a day" requirement is a good rule of thumb. However, if someone posts a large case on a single player for one game day, how is that not better than players who post 10 garbage posts?

It is much better. I've seen bowmore and others literally post just to get above an arbitrary cut line. I'd rather have content than "I'm just here so I don't get fined lynched.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

DGK2000 posted:

Hello, idiots.

:O

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014

MrThingyman posted:

Hi guys

Max' Championship game starts this Monday :)

Game 4 - May 11 (36/12 phases, 9 PM EDT EOD)
Arete (Throne of Lies)
BirPhup (GreyWolf Lions Den)
Carlos/JohnCarter (Neoseeker - Interactive Role-Playing)
CoolPanda (Rabbit Doubt Gaming)
Drew-Sta (Firkinmafia)
evaaaa (Mafia42)
Exile (Stickpage)
Haze with a Z (Online Go Forum)
Lollipopz (SG Werewolves)
Macros (malazan) (Malazan Empire)
orangeandblack5 (Liars Club Online)
Random Task (RedCafe)
SAMax (Something Awful)
squire12 (Football's Future)
TvK (Mario Kart MB)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/CwDKmjQ

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern. It will feature 4 former winners.

It will go live here, if you are interested: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

Max' game has started: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25879-Season-7-Game-4-CHESS-The-Mafia-Game-The-Mafia-Championship

GLGL!

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Sadly for max he has a bad taste in pies

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
good luck Toal!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

There’s a forum

For Mario Kart 64

And they play mafia

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Why the heck can’t we get nested quotes like these guys

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

:wink:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tommu posted:

Sadly for max he has a bad taste in pies

##vig Tommu

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Strong recommend everyone click through and checkout Bleeding Rayne’s bio

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tediously arranging my hate mail by length

Jump King fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 13, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Loving Max subtly mafia dadding the whole thread. :allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you want to comment on the game please do it on Discord, we have a channel set up there that Max can't see. Let's help Thingyman keep external influences out of their game as much as possible!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
peep that lumpen list in post #394

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

If you want to comment on the game please do it on Discord, we have a channel set up there that Max can't see. Let's help Thingyman keep external influences out of their game as much as possible!

fiiiiinneeee

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

It's time to play some Mafia

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Had a dream that I found some online community dedicated to sandwolf where users would largely try to find a way to recontextualize “classic” sandwolf posts. It was a few hundred people and sandwolf was not aware of it. Common jokes included something about “sandwolf smokescreen” which I didn’t understand the context of.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Jump King posted:

Had a dream that I found some online community dedicated to sandwolf where users would largely try to find a way to recontextualize “classic” sandwolf posts. It was a few hundred people and sandwolf was not aware of it. Common jokes included something about “sandwolf smokescreen” which I didn’t understand the context of.

SHHH IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jump King posted:

I’m fuckin’ losing it over here at this holy poo poo

I must find them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's just my LiveJournal

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Seeking a replacement for DARK SOULS: PREPARE TO LIE. It's still Day 1 in what has been a very nice game so far, so you'll be getting in on the ground floor!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

dmboogie posted:

Seeking a replacement for DARK SOULS: PREPARE TO LIE. It's still Day 1 in what has been a very nice game so far, so you'll be getting in on the ground floor!

one of the auspolers expressed an interest I’ll see if they still want in

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

dmboogie posted:

I wouldn't mind having a go!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I wouldn't mind having a go!

hell yeah

post in the thread and join the discord that is linked in the OP and you'll be ready to blast

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 13, 2020

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
if anyone's good at praising the sun, it's australians

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Podima posted:

Australia is on the underside of the world tho? How does glorious life giving sun go there

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

We actually worship the Bushfire Lord these days.

For his wrath is swift and merciless, praise be unto him the Killer of Summer

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Magic Schoolbus Rides Again, a game of Mafia for 13 players is now open for recruitment.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OK old timers.

Is there any way to pinpoint the first game? Who started all this happening on SA?

Obviously soju (...was that his username) was the one who got votefinder up and functioning, but we had games before that. Where did this community come from?

I remember playing some terrible rapidfire games in BYOB where I was messaging with my scum team member on AIM about what we wanted to do but there was not a ton of automatic accounting at all and it was kind of a mess.

Who here has memories of first games that aren't recorded in votefinder? It would be fun to build a history of our community, I think. Many of us have been playing this stupid game for more than 10 years.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I recognize that "old timers" is a loaded term because so many of us have been here for loving ever :v:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

King Cobweb I believe is technically The Godfather of Mafia on these forums. God of evil Crows probably gets some credit

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

According to the wiki it’s this one

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

KCW ran some threads in GBS. They quickly filled and were terrible. There was enough interest games moved to TG and eventually the game room because we had too many threads.

Eventually games got good once Tom Tucker started creating them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's Soru who started votefinder. Speaking of which, his quantum leap game was great.

I played for a couple years before votefinder was around, there's a few games I've been meaning to track down. My Fables and Gotham Central games were some of the first I ran, I'd like to read those again. Slenderman mafia back in 2010(?) was where I first started talking to my current partner, I think I still have those aim logs saved somewhere.

Oh! And the Tao Jones game, something Black Sea? That was a great game. Tao was my favorite mod back in the day, they had so many wonderful setups, like Everyone is Richard Nixon Mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think my first mafia game was probably in...
I want to say 2010?

I was 17, which is absolutely wild retrospectively