Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tei posted:

Nope. I had some ready, but cancelled it early. I don't even know if they will still exist afterwards, and I paid cash in advance.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Tei posted:

Nope. I had some ready, but cancelled it early. I don't even know if they will still exist afterwards, and I paid cash in advance.

Quoting you bc I dont feel like findin that other post because i am super lazy

A friend of mine got a crown put in a few weeks ago. The office was only allowing one patient in at a time and they had no receptionist. The dentist and assistant were doing it all.

Ymmv though.

E: oh and a gap between appointments to give enough time to sanitize.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

imagine trying to sell the script about the psychological warfare of this virus

"yeah there's a virus that kills you in horrible ways and basically every single human can transmit it and will have it by the end of its run and people are storming state houses to get haircuts."

I know nothing matters etc but this is very good. It's on a news station all the olds watch, filled with reporters they still have faith in, and absolutely doesn't mince words.

It straight up calls out Gaetz for what he is, the truth of the grant, and the fact that Trump had previously reauthorized it.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Florida and Georgia have been open for weeks. The world didn't end. You can go to the dentist.

I remember the first posts about covid on here were people panicking and talking about how they were stealing mace masks from their dentists. Now it ends with people realizing they actually still need to go to the dentist.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

I know nothing matters etc but this is very good. It's on a news station all the olds watch, filled with reporters they still have faith in, and absolutely doesn't mince words.

It straight up calls out Gaetz for what he is, the truth of the grant, and the fact that Trump had previously reauthorized it.

They turn on Fox News any time they (very rarely) question or contradict trump.

It doesnt matter the source.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inceltown posted:

Don't get your hopes up. It was his first time public speaking at length in a while and was likely just caused by that.

In the off chance he does have it though I will drink to his ill health.

Dude said "get hosed, go broke and leave the country" to me so I will dream of a just world. If he doesn't care about my life I won't care about his.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pryor on Fire posted:

Florida and Georgia have been open for weeks. The world didn't end. You can go to the dentist.

What a stupid statement.

ABCG
May 12, 2020

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

mycomancy posted:

What a stupid statement.

It's still true? The time for worrying in your basement is over, and it's probably a good time for everyone to reevaluate their media/internet consumption trends in light of new evidence.

I was told there would be a billion dead people in Georgia by Monday, seems like that didn't happen?

Wait a second, the top news story out of Georgia is currently Abrams endorsing Biden? Huh? How is anyone even still alive down there?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
today is a fine day to open er up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's still true? The time for worrying in your basement is over, and it's probably a good time for everyone to reevaluate their media/internet consumption trends in light of new evidence.

I was told there would be a billion dead people in Georgia by Monday, seems like that didn't happen?

Good to see that dumbfucks still infest these forums. Don't you have a haircut protest to get infected at?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

I fell for the media hysteria and posted all the panicked bullshit too, happened to a lot of people. Unfortunately reality is not really lining up with all the models and predictions, and instead of asking why we're just supposed to talk about the next imaginary wave that is gonna be ten times as worse?

I mean I already hated the NY Times, but their coverage of this virus has been so consistently wrong day after day I think it's worth writing books about.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Has anyone gotten any dental work done during this outbreak? I've got an appointment to get a couple large cavities taken care of this week and it feels like an insanely dangerous place to be. I really don't want to do it now, but I don't want to lose my back molars either. :(

2 of my teeth started hurting pretty bad a few weeks ago. Had to get a root canal and an extraction. The offices were great. Both offices were only letting one person in at a time and were really careful.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Elon Musk isn't even an engineer. He just says he is. No ABET accredited education and his IEEE membership is honorary. He's almost entirely a fraud that throws money into things hoping one of the ideas might somehow work

So he's like any other computer programmer then

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

a new challenger has entered the ring

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1259960737725898756

look at this guy, he's a drunk if I've ever seen one

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pryor on Fire posted:

I fell for the media hysteria and posted all the panicked bullshit too, happened to a lot of people. Unfortunately reality is not really lining up with all the models and predictions, and instead of asking why we're just supposed to talk about the next imaginary wave that is gonna be ten times as worse?

I mean I already hated the NY Times, but their coverage of this virus has been so consistently wrong day after day I think it's worth writing books about.

You stupid poo poo, BECAUSE we actually put some half-assed measures into effect at the end of March, we cut the doubling time of deaths down from 2.5 days to 9 days. That was the whole point! You slow this down so the medical system doesn't choke like it did in Italy.

This thing has a lag time of 1-2 weeks to show symptoms (assuming they do show) and then another 5-7 days to die (if you do). Any action taken will show effects lagging by 10-21 days.

Note that I'm writing this not to convince the smooth-brained OP here that Yes This Is Serious but to remind everyone reading his/her loving criminally terrible posts that a lot of people have died in miserable, horrifying ways across the globe from this thing, and we're gonna be dealing with it for years.

As for you OP, you should be probated for encouraging irresponsible behavior during a pandemic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
remember when elon said he was a weed smoker and then very obviously only smoked for the first time with joe rogan on camera

lmao

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

remember when elon had like 4 other kids and was bald

Apr 7, 2003

Chuds are going to think this clock only refers to deaths in New York and they're going to send each other the tweet and laugh about how them city people are getting theirs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

remember when Ben Carson was put in charge of coronoa response

not really. what happened to pence

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

is anyone really in charge of anything over there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CODChimera posted:

not really. what happened to pence

threw his back out carrying prop boxes

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

So he's like any other computer programmer then

I describe my job to other people has writter. Writter of some unholy horrible texts that nobody human can understand, but writter.

Already replaced in my vocabulary "Fixing code" for "massaging"... if only to drop the pretense I leave behind better code than I found (but thats the idea).

I feel sorry for every line of code I have written, and personally responsable. The day I die, I will feel like having commit the perfect crime. Other suckers will have to maintain my code. HA. I win.

Being a programmer is like being a snake, and leaving behind millions of childrens, snakes in the grass. Every line of code a snake you fathered.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

and instead of asking why we're just supposed to talk about the next imaginary wave that is gonna be ten times as worse?

:ssh:
millions of people died from 1918 Spanish Flu only once people got tired of social distancing and "opened up". it was the second wave that was super deadly, the wave of people like you who think its all over

Apr 7, 2003

mycomancy posted:

You stupid poo poo, BECAUSE we actually put some half-assed measures into effect at the end of March, we cut the doubling time of deaths down from 2.5 days to 9 days. That was the whole point! You slow this down so the medical system doesn't choke like it did in Italy.

This thing has a lag time of 1-2 weeks to show symptoms (assuming they do show) and then another 5-7 days to die (if you do). Any action taken will show effects lagging by 10-21 days.

This disease killed 60,000 people in April while under pretty universal nation-wide shelter-in-place orders. Nearly twice as many people as die in car crashes every single year, in one month, and we spend a lot of money and science on ameliorating automobile deaths.

People saying "this hasn't been that bad" are loving bonkers

Apr 7, 2003

The United States has built a cottage industry out of 'wounded warriors' and 'fallen heroes' in the 'War Against Terror', turn on any cable TV channel and within fifteen minutes you'll see an ad begging you for money for legless soldiers or some poo poo.

As of June 29, 2016, according to the U.S. Department of Defense casualty website, there were 4,424 total deaths (including both killed in action and non-hostile) and 31,952 wounded in action (WIA) as a result of the Iraq War.

This disease killed 60,000 in April.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SplitSoul posted:

Three months in and we're now doing contact tracing.

Also immigrants are being blamed for spreading the virus because "they don't understand social distancing". Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

In another 3 months we will start politely asking people that were traced to an infect person to please stay at home for a few hours. All the testing and contact tracing in the world doesn't mean anything if you aren't going to do anything with it

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
If anything this virus has taught me that wars and 9/11s really arent that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
this disease hasn't been that bad, yet

luckily the usa, sweden, england, and a few others have decided to turn their entire populations in massive petri dishes of unchecked disease so we can expect to start seeing hilarious mutations if they arent already incubating and what owns is thanks to the lag time itll have like 2 weeks to spread before melting the skin off the people who get infected with covid-19-ebola lmao

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Tei posted:

I describe my job to other people has writter. Writter of some unholy horrible texts that nobody human can understand, but writter.

Already replaced in my vocabulary "Fixing code" for "massaging"... if only to drop the pretense I leave behind better code than I found (but thats the idea).

I feel sorry for every line of code I have written, and personally responsable. The day I die, I will feel like having commit the perfect crime. Other suckers will have to maintain my code. HA. I win.

Being a programmer is like being a snake, and leaving behind millions of childrens, snakes in the grass. Every line of code a snake you fathered.

speaking of grass, i got to see your avatar up close on a walk last night near the woods. cutest mouse ever. :3

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the whole idea for the lockdown was to buy time for hospitals to increase capacity and get testing to the point we can do contact tracing but america is so dysfunctional after a few months our hospitals are in shambles and we're still half-assedly rationing testing to people that meet an arbitrary list of criteria

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shima Honnou posted:

luckily the usa, sweden, england, and a few others have decided to turn their entire populations in massive petri dishes of unchecked disease so we can expect to start seeing hilarious mutations if they arent already incubating and what owns is thanks to the lag time itll have like 2 weeks to spread before melting the skin off the people who get infected with covid-19-ebola lmao

in theory it could mutate into a less deadly variety that still triggers an immune response. thats what happens to most viruses, they keep mutating until they become the like common cold (only slightly irritating, so it can spread more easily)

Spoondick posted:

the whole idea for the lockdown was to buy time for hospitals to increase capacity and get testing to the point we can do contact tracing but america is so dysfunctional after a few months our hospitals are in shambles and we're still half-assedly rationing testing to people that meet an arbitrary list of criteria

sort of. the actual point of the lock-down is to prevent triage deaths that people can blame on the lovely healthcare system and politicians

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Shima Honnou posted:

This says Sweden is fine: https://t.co/PPLD8uuHYR
This says that Sweden didn't do nothing: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-05-02/sweden-coronavirus-voluntary-strategy

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

hopefully the rest of the world works together to quarantine the US

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Rutibex posted:

:ssh:
millions of people died from 1918 Spanish Flu only once people got tired of social distancing and "opened up". it was the second wave that was super deadly, the wave of people like you who think its all over

the Spanish flu killed more people in the second wave is because it was way worse and more deadly the second time you get it.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

morning COVID thread, US holding out strong at a third of worldwide cases I see :911:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

CODChimera posted:

hopefully the rest of the world works together to quarantine the US

we will have plague ships coming to everyone's shores again and nobody will stop us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Dude said "get hosed, go broke and leave the country" to me so I will dream of a just world. If he doesn't care about my life I won't care about his.

In December, I watched him struggle and fail to operate an overhead locker on a Virgin flight to Melbourne, while his seat mate Sen. James Draco Malloy Patterson looked on struggling not to laugh. His flushed complexion while trying to lift a carry on bag suggests some lovely Roni co-morbidities.

Hope this makes you feel better op.