Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

maybe all the people clamoring for restaurants to open are just really, really, really, really lovely cooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I still think it's extremely weird people are convinced that the desire for being waited on is racist/racial, when outside of a few areas it's going to be white patrons and white servers

It can be both

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
This hearing is pretty boring, I do not recommend!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

I still think it's extremely weird people are convinced that the desire for being waited on is racist/racial, when outside of a few areas it's going to be white patrons and white servers

Most Americans live in areas with a massive racial underclass even if most of America is empty land with whites in it

Apr 7, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

we've got the poet laureate of the paris of appalachia in here telling us how it is, why would we need anything else?

When did I say that it was?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Woofer posted:

will putting my mask in soapy (dish soap? laundry detergent?) water and then rinsing then hanging it to dry be enough or do I need to like soak it in bleach or something (tx mr prez) to make sure it’s sanitized?

I don’t wanna put it in the washing machine

can your oven be set to ~212 F? if so you can stick it in there (on a plate or something) for 30 minutes to sanitize it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

It's class poo poo 100% of the time, and class and race are inextricably linked. People seeing it as racial poo poo are correct, but it's an incomplete understanding. Just because the understanding is incomplete does not mean it is wrong.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here's your hate-read for the day
https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1259826338585882625?s=20

• Mentions divorce attorney in first sentence
  • Gets a puppy from a breeder, because she was feeling guilty about not loving her daughter enough
  • Complains about it being a puppy, including (the horror) gnawing on a piano bench!
  • Makes it nine loving days before giving up and returning the puppy to the breeder
  • Hinda Mandell, a Boston-area native, is associate professor in the School of Communication at RIT in Rochester, New York. She is a co-editor, most recently, of "Nasty Women and Bad Hombres: Gender and Race in the 2016 US Presidential Election." Her website is omghinda.com.

Why would you get a pandemic puppy? It would just become a plague dog later.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
People on reddit are saying that if you only have a small number of potential infections among a large population you can swab like 100 people at once, throw the swabs in a hopper and then reagent the whole batch at once, which is a lot faster, with most batches being negative but as soon as one batch turns positive you can go back to those 100 people and test them individually, and you can do this concurrently with local lock downs i.e. test whole city blocks at one, then lock down the blocks with positives for further testing, so it's not going to be like the US testing and reagenting each swab one at a time and they can do a massive number of tests in a short time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

“a lot of demand for rem DA savar” - Susan Collins

how do people watch poo poo like this and think "yeah it's fine congress is a nursing home"

lmao i know they don't watch but still

Apr 7, 2003

Lol at NPR’s coverage of testing in Wuhan

Americans live in apartments. The perfidious Chinese live in “residential compounds”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

logging into ur SA acct on a COVID ipad to post 'gently caress you' in the succ zzone

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Senior Send Off is another thing to call Covid, true.

Apr 7, 2003

More like Alpoona

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Impkins Patootie posted:

logging into ur SA acct on a COVID ipad to post 'gently caress you' in the succ zzone

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

love the graveyard in the background of that pic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

snoo posted:

okay gotcha but I don't have a dick :confused:

its in the mail, comrade

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Throatwarbler posted:

People on reddit are saying that if you only have a small number of potential infections among a large population you can swab like 100 people at once, throw the swabs in a hopper and then reagent the whole batch at once, which is a lot faster, with most batches being negative but as soon as one batch turns positive you can go back to those 100 people and test them individually, and you can do this concurrently with local lock downs i.e. test whole city blocks at one, then lock down the blocks with positives for further testing, so it's not going to be like the US testing and reagenting each swab one at a time and they can do a massive number of tests in a short time.

i think this was a thing they developed / did back in Vietnam or Korea or ww2 when looking for syphilis infections in are troops

take all the blood samples from a platoon or something and mix a small amout of each in a single test and if that goes positive do it again at a smaller scale

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ah

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Um alrighty so 100k by end of May I guess

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

gently caress this I don't want to get billed for multiple tests just because someone has it in the neighborhood

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1260232507615821824?s=20

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Are they out of pocket on this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

It's probably really smart if you do this by block because once you know at least one person is positive you probably want to lock down the whole block anyway, regardless of which individual person turns out to have tested positive.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

if u want to test me u need to provide me a self addressed stamped envelope to poo poo and spit in ALSO pay me a stipend

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

It's probably really smart if you do this by block because once you know at least one person is positive you probably want to lock down the whole block anyway, regardless of which individual person turns out to have tested positive.

You want me to lose work bc my fuckin neighbor went to golden corral?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1260235699825135617
:shepface:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Milo_Edwards/status/1260240656863309825?s=20

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Kantrowitz/status/1260240732297654274

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Throatwarbler posted:

The US will eventually do this, but use a single q-tip for the entire block.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

NYC Gov said 66% of infections were in people who were indoors. 4% of infections from people riding the subway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Relevant Tangent posted:

Democracy owns and the pile of dead bodies propping it up is dwarfed by the mountains of bodies produced by Monarchy.

im voting for whoever whips this poindexters rear end

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Reminder to all of us with actual jobs if we'd worked harder and paid attention in school we'd be making 350k in adtech and have secure jobs for life working safely from our beautiful homes

mystes
May 31, 2006

shovelbum posted:

You want me to lose work bc my fuckin neighbor went to golden corral?
I meant if you lived in a country that wasn't hosed up. It's irrelevant if you're in the US because we're not going to do it anyway.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

I meant if you lived in a country that wasn't hosed up. It's irrelevant if you're in the US because we're not going to do it anyway.

The US is a great country if you work in tech lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

rand paul: humans have no power in this world, fate has already decreed our deaths.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I ask my servers to spit on me while I order then I thank them for it

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
welp he's gone
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1260243422507606016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

shovelbum posted:

Reminder to all of us with actual jobs if we'd worked harder and paid attention in school we'd be making 350k in adtech and have secure jobs for life working safely from our beautiful homes

jokes on you, i didn't work hard or pay attention in school and i have a secure job for life working safely from my home

not making 350k though