Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'm gonna rip my copy in half and tape it back together, in protest, of something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i like the title im keeping it
edit: unless you pay me one thousand american dollars

edit 2;

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I'm gonna rip my copy in half and tape it back together, in protest, of something.

rydiafan posted:

Folks I'm not sure we've browbeaten Nemesis of Moles enough about their inexcusably terrible title enough. We're not done until they yank the campaign and publicly apologize.

In the meantime I'm burning my copy of Orc Stabr in protest.

LongDarkNight posted:

The value my Orc Stabr copy just went up.

i love you all v much

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 12, 2020

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

edit: unless you pay me one thousand american dollars

Two kickstarters for the same game? You devious bastard!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

armorer posted:

Monster Medics?

I think we have a winner here.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Mors Rattus posted:

I’m all in regardless, especially since it’ll give me a good base t use for a sci fi variant, sine I’ve always wanted a Sector General game.

oh man I want this

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I mean Monster No Stabr is right there.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

monster un stabr

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

god i was a fool not to back orc stabr

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Cat Face Joe posted:

:same:

I only found about it afterwards.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

Yeah im not missin’ out on No Stabr this time.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Bodanarko posted:

You joke, but Wyrmwood’s dice Kickstarter currently includes a $1500 titanium d20 that 12 people have backed

I still do not understand the draw of these companies. They're marking up the worksmanship and materials of wood products by such a ridiculous margin that it's insane how some of these are paying off for them.

That being said, I've still been in search of a similarly sized Tungsten d20 for my own collection, though the way they price it is at least 25 to 40% higher than their average competitor.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Okay, okay, but wait, get this:

Monster MASH.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

90s Cringe Rock posted:

And then we shall arrest you for making fake Collectors Editions.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
You'd make a lot more money if you named it Monster Girl Squad :eng101:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
ettin no

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
M. M. T.

Monster Medical Technicians

Man, Orc Stabr was a fun kickstarter. I wish I hadn't lost my copy of it :\ It was one of the things that got lost a year ago when a tree fell on our place so I unfortunately no longer have Orc Idol or the rules for it or anything like that, it sucks >:[

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

M. M. T.

Man, Orc Stabr was a fun kickstarter. I wish I hadn't lost my copy of it :\ It was one of the things that got lost a year ago when a tree fell on our place so I unfortunately no longer have Orc Idol or the rules for it or anything like that, it sucks >:[

A tragedy that I refuse to let stand. Sent you a PM

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Monster MASH.

I like the original name, but this is pure dynamite

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Monster M*A*S*H.

Ahem

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

kinkouin posted:

I still do not understand the draw of these companies. They're marking up the worksmanship and materials of wood products by such a ridiculous margin that it's insane how some of these are paying off for them.

That being said, I've still been in search of a similarly sized Tungsten d20 for my own collection, though the way they price it is at least 25 to 40% higher than their average competitor.

Eh the craftsmanship is great and they are honestly a good and wholesome company. I own a vault + tray and love them, backing for some wooden dice from the Kickstarter too.

I wouldn’t drop 10k on one of their tables but it feels good to support a company that has been doing things like cutting tools for COVID treatment in their shop

Slig
Mar 30, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Monster MASH.

Monsters Also Seek Healthcare gets you the MASH acronym with clarity about what it is.

Sorry Moles, couldn't help myself. Definitely backing it regardless of what the name is because it sounds very much my jam.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Last couple days for torcherbearer 2e. Game looks good as hell

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Impermanent posted:

Last couple days for torcherbearer 2e. Game looks good as hell

I'm in at the "3 books" tier, but I'm trying to decide if I want to up it to getting the cards and the props and poo poo. How necessary are the action decks and the like?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I just made that leap because I just got a job and I'm irresponsible!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Railroad Ink has gone live on Kickstarter now too. I have been considering picking up a copy recently since I don't have any roll and write style games. The shipping on this is as much as the game so definitely one I will wait until release for anyway and I can use that tie to figure out if I want to get this or Welcome To or whatever other good roll and write style games there are about.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

jivjov posted:

I'm in at the "3 books" tier, but I'm trying to decide if I want to up it to getting the cards and the props and poo poo. How necessary are the action decks and the like?

I've only played mouse guard (with the same conflict, equipment, and condition cards) and I'd say it would work fine without them. You could just write things down on a piece of paper, or print them out and put into sleeves, or deface a regular deck of cards. That said, it IS pretty fun with proper cards though. Kind of eying the physical books but man, shipping.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the new backer email for deep carbon observatory is punctuated by pictures of jar jar binks and it makes me feel like i'm losing my mind

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

FirstAidKite posted:

M. M. T.

That's good too.

Although Monster M*A*S*H should pass legal review, someone published a PbtA called M*A*S*H*E*D.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Serf posted:

the new backer email for deep carbon observatory is punctuated by pictures of jar jar binks and it makes me feel like i'm losing my mind
Yeah I don't know what's up with that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Serf posted:

haha that's so randomsauce :xd:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Serf posted:

the whole campaign has just been watching stuart go progressively more nuts

why, no clue. it doesn't appear to have been a difficult campaign

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cat Face Joe posted:

the whole campaign has just been watching stuart go progressively more nuts

why, no clue. it doesn't appear to have been a difficult campaign

Isn't Deep Carbon Observatory a broadly well-received weird OSR dungeon?

What's, uh, what's been going on such that unexpected Jar Jar Binks is just more of the same?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

How about "Organization for the Rehabilitation and Care of Scary Titans, Animals, Beasts and Ryu"?

That could be acronymed, probably, but I haven't thought about into what.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
National Advocates for Monsters & Beasts Looking for Aid

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cross postin'

Infinitum posted:

Does anyone have a good Steampunk Rally / Fusion video they could recommend?

Thinking of backing the Kickstarter

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey all. I got my Cowboy tabletop game funded a while back and the book is nearly done. Am tripping over myself with this section on Race, Gender and Sexuality though. How do you do you folks think it reads?

On Race, Gender and Sexuality

It is in the spirit of DEAD IN THE WEST that Player characters of all races, genders, and sexualities be an accepted and encouraged part of the game.

The real Old West was not as inclusive or accepting as a group of modern-day friends sitting down at a table to play a silly game. Every group of Players is going to understand that. As such, it is not the job of the GM to act as an educator, making things harder, less fun, or less pleasant for someone because of the character they want to play. It is not a particularly mind-blowing or astute observation to point out that, in the real world, the Old West was not a particularly tolerant or enlightened place. In the real Old West, cowboys watched cows for a living.

Understand that the people you're playing with are your friends (or at the very least, budding friends) and are there to spend time with each other and play a fun game. Most folks want to play a character they think is interesting, and the last thing they want in their break from reality is to experience racism, sexism, or any other form of discrimination. Moreover, your Players will get bored if the momentum of the game is constantly being interrupted by NPC's commenting on the same thing, again and again.

Obviously, every group of Players is different. If every member of your group understands beforehand that you want to play a game where the gender, sexuality, or the race of a Player character will impact their role in the world, go ahead. There are plenty of great storylines that can be explored around themes of discrimination so long as they're handled with tact and respect for those involved, and every member of the group knows what they're signing up for ahead of time.
This accepting philosophy towards Player characters is in no way intended to gloss over or sanitize the prejudices, atrocities, and injustices of the time period. Advocating for the allowances to be made in terms of character diversity is not a tacit proclamation that things “weren't actually that bad back then”. Rather, it is simply that the end goal of the game is to provide folks with a good time and experience a Od West, regardless of who they want to play as.

If you are intending to use DEAD IN THE WEST as some kind of "prejudice simulator", please be advised the game is best enjoyed with at least two friends. As such, you may want to consider returning this Book, as you likely do not have the required components to enjoy the game fully.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

It’s a little preachy. You could eliminate the paragraph that starts with “Understand that the people” and not change the information or intent.

That last paragraph though is pure gold. :boom:

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
Dale of Merchants 3, I'm thinking about getting the collection. I haven't played it, but it looks like a solid deck builder.

Yay or nay?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all. I got my Cowboy tabletop game funded a while back and the book is nearly done. Am tripping over myself with this section on Race, Gender and Sexuality though. How do you do you folks think it reads?

On Race, Gender and Sexuality

It is in the spirit of DEAD IN THE WEST that Player characters of all races, genders, and sexualities be an accepted and encouraged part of the game.

The real Old West was not as inclusive or accepting as a group of modern-day friends sitting down at a table to play a silly game. Every group of Players is going to understand that. As such, it is not the job of the GM to act as an educator, making things harder, less fun, or less pleasant for someone because of the character they want to play. It is not a particularly mind-blowing or astute observation to point out that, in the real world, the Old West was not a particularly tolerant or enlightened place. In the real Old West, cowboys watched cows for a living.

Understand that the people you're playing with are your friends (or at the very least, budding friends) and are there to spend time with each other and play a fun game. Most folks want to play a character they think is interesting, and the last thing they want in their break from reality is to experience racism, sexism, or any other form of discrimination. Moreover, your Players will get bored if the momentum of the game is constantly being interrupted by NPC's commenting on the same thing, again and again.

Obviously, every group of Players is different. If every member of your group understands beforehand that you want to play a game where the gender, sexuality, or the race of a Player character will impact their role in the world, go ahead. There are plenty of great storylines that can be explored around themes of discrimination so long as they're handled with tact and respect for those involved, and every member of the group knows what they're signing up for ahead of time.
This accepting philosophy towards Player characters is in no way intended to gloss over or sanitize the prejudices, atrocities, and injustices of the time period. Advocating for the allowances to be made in terms of character diversity is not a tacit proclamation that things “weren't actually that bad back then”. Rather, it is simply that the end goal of the game is to provide folks with a good time and experience a Od West, regardless of who they want to play as.

If you are intending to use DEAD IN THE WEST as some kind of "prejudice simulator", please be advised the game is best enjoyed with at least two friends. As such, you may want to consider returning this Book, as you likely do not have the required components to enjoy the game fully.
I think it's awesome, especially that last line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah that's great, the last line is dope