Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Also the type of rear end in a top hat absolutely clamoring to be able to eat inside a restaurant at this point tend to also lose their poo poo at whatever minor precautions the restaurants are putting customers through, heard of one guy cussing out waitstaff for not getting preferred seating and the restaurant owner just reshuttered the place

there's already been stories of the places closing down because the people who did show up were abusive and rude and melted down about the staff wearing masks and poo poo. It's not surprising at all that there's a lot of pent up need to abuse service staff in some people after working in restaurants for 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Re-opening, at least in Georgia, was never about the economy. Well, not about it recovering, at least. The government wanted to be off the hook for unemployment. Since stores and restaurants now have the OPTION of being open, if they choose to stay closed they get stuck with the bill for unemployment, or have to open to that 25% capacity and possibly lose even more money.

At least, this is what I've read.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

The can't afford to continue paying so many unemployment claims without, gasp, raising taxes. And obviously that's just unthinkable. So option B is to put it back in the lap of their citizens to choose between dying from the virus, or "voluntarily" giving up their unemployment.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Epic High Five posted:

there's already been stories of the places closing down because the people who did show up were abusive and rude and melted down about the staff wearing masks and poo poo. It's not surprising at all that there's a lot of pent up need to abuse service staff in some people after working in restaurants for 10 years

They thought it would be consumers' pent-up demand, but it was actually boomers' pent-up need abuse to service staff

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They thought it would be consumers' pent-up demand, but it was actually boomers' pent-up need abuse to service staff

there was one guy reported a day or so ago who had some boardwalk ice cream shop, and all it took was a couple hours being open for his best staffer to quit on the spot and close the place back down again because the people coming in were so psychotic

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Epic High Five posted:

lol imagine being a service employee going back to work and the absolute worst human beings are your customers and they start ritualistically abusing you and don't tip.

The proletariat need to protect themselves from the lumpen.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
White people having public nervous breakdowns because they had to go eight weeks without demanding to see someone's manager.

:911: :911:

That explains why they're so pissed off at the new rules for retail shoppers (mandatory masks, one-way aisles, enforced spacing, one-per-customer limits, etc) - when they go shopping, they get to play act as Lords Of The Realm, and treat store employee like garbage (and get away with it, because The Customer Is Always Right), and this gives their lovely withered empty lives meaning. If they have to obey a bunch of rules and show some concern for other people (employees and other shoppers), well, that disrupts their social superiority cosplay, and they just can't abide that loss.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FMguru posted:

- when they go shopping, they get to play act as Lords Of The Realm, and treat store employee like garbage (and get away with it, because The Customer Is Always Right)

A stone castle

A royal castle

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Black Plague is fake and was created in the labs of Ireland. It's just a fever with a slight enlarging of the lymph nodes. Simple blood letting will clean that right up.

The lies Big Science says about the source being transmitted by fleas from rats will not stop me from going to the garbage dump to attend the flea circus convention either!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the nice thing about when I was on third shift and I hit the nihilism level of burnout was that I could steal as much food as I wanted and abuse lovely customers, knowing full well that the management wouldn't do anything about it because they'd rather field complaints than work 3rd shift when I no call/no show

eventually the lovely drunks stopped showing up

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Good soup! posted:

A stone castle

A royal castle

oh god I hear it

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Good soup! posted:

A stone castle

A royal castle

a white castle

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Good soup! posted:

A stone castle

A royal castle

Lords of the realm 2 was an amazing amazing game

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Disposable silverware sounds like an expensive running cost.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I bet these people's sense of entitlement went up 400% because they can now feel especially charitable about gracing businesses with their presence.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Skellybones posted:

Disposable silverware sounds like an expensive running cost.
It means plastic cutlery, not throwing out the good forks

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

Good soup! posted:

A stone castle

A royal castle

Jesus christ I haven't even thought about this game in a decade and I hear it perfectly.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

silvergoose posted:

Lords of the realm 2 was an amazing amazing game

:hai:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Re-opening, at least in Georgia, was never about the economy. Well, not about it recovering, at least. The government wanted to be off the hook for unemployment. Since stores and restaurants now have the OPTION of being open, if they choose to stay closed they get stuck with the bill for unemployment, or have to open to that 25% capacity and possibly lose even more money.

At least, this is what I've read.

Isn't that going to just cause a lot more economic damage? And not just to regular folks that he doesn't care about, but to buisnessmen that he does care about.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Charlz Guybon posted:

Isn't that going to just cause a lot more economic damage? And not just to regular folks that he doesn't care about, but to buisnessmen that he does care about.

Yeah, but then it's someone else's fault.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TRESPASSERS WELCOME

CUSTOMERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Charlz Guybon posted:

In Arizona I am convinced it is Doug Ducey and his fascist little crew angling to launch a genocide on the Indigenous nations and the Mexican community, neither of which have healthcare access worth poo poo.

Of course it will also wipe the snowbirds trapped here and it is going into the tourism off-season so it's not like poo poo is about to pick up for restaurants.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Philthy posted:

i think this reopening could have been handled a lot better

What do you mean? They said "go ahead and reopen everything. Everybody go back to work. It's totally cool"

What more do you want?

God drat, if this doesn't show just how much the 90%/consumer really drives the economy, nothing will.

nothing will

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrxxnBWPdI

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

shirts and skins posted:

For Every Trump Supporter Grave You Don't Laugh At I'll Laugh Three Times Harder

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

EVIL Gibson posted:

Big Science

You mean Big Alchemy
:goonsay:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Trump administration needs to take to heart the following advice:

feed your peasants to keep them happy and make them multiply

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Trump administration needs to take to heart the following advice:

feed your peasants to keep them happy and make them multiply

lol, the billionaire class is so close to their exterminationist win condition they no longer have to feed or entertain anyone. They have a cult class that will murder dissidents for them.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

miniscule12 posted:

lol, the billionaire class is so close to their exterminationist win condition they no longer have to feed or entertain anyone. They have a cult class that will murder dissidents for them.

Oh, this is what it’s like living in a game of Civ where your nation is getting ready to nuke the entire world including itself without building any of the rocket parts first let alone launching same turn.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wish I had a time machine to go back to Jan 2017 and tell myself get ready for the TRUMP PLAGUE and just blip away.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

how about some Canada chud Covid death

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgary/2020/5/10/1_4933461.html

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Those chuds who famously fly an LGBTQ flag at their church where worship is lead by a woman pastor, and who also followed all of the health guidelines they were given at the time?

This isn’t chud death. This is a bunch of apparently open and welcoming people who did literally everything they were told to do by health authorities and people still died.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah I came back to ask what the gently caress was chud about them exactly

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Oh sorry, in Canadian parlance CHUD means "Coronavirus-Having Unitarian: Deceased"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ah nuts I've been bamboozled by America into thinking any church that defied social distancing and stay at home orders were definitely chud

im sorry brave unitarians, please learn from this and stay the gently caress home

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my bony fealty posted:

ah nuts I've been bamboozled by America into thinking any church that defied social distancing and stay at home orders were definitely chud

they didn't tho

Alberta's chief medical health officer posted:

"I had the opportunity recently to talk to a faith leader whose faith community gathered together in mid-March before many of our public health measures were in place,” Dr Deena Hinshaw said Thursday. "The congregation had a worship service and then gathered together for a celebratory social event. There were only 41 people present, and they were careful to observe two meter distancing and good hand hygiene. They followed all the rules and did nothing wrong. "

It's just a sad story :(

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

yeah that is hosed up and sad and I'm sorry for those folks. I made a bad post and it stands as an example of the peril of posting from ignorance.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my bony fealty posted:

yeah that is hosed up and sad and I'm sorry for those folks. I made a bad post and it stands as an example of the peril of posting from ignorance.

You died for our posting sins

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

my bony fealty posted:

their name was my bony fealty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

my bony fealty posted:

Most of those early high-profile pastor deaths from corona you’ve read about (and this thread laughed about) were from black churches.