Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

definitely not hiding a genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

FizFashizzle posted:

very few people die of one thing

every single person who dies in pulm has like twenty five things going on

it's the reason all pulm doctors are double board certified with internal med

Sounds like nobody actually dies of COVID, they die WITH COVID. Owned libs. It's just the flu.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Flesh Forge posted:

VERY LEGAL AND VERY COOL

This thread was saying from the beginning that this was the inevitable outcome for the US.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Any of the Drs that frequent this thread have any thoughts on this child kawasaki like illness?

I always said that this not putting my kids at much risk was the only thing getting me through this, so uh, having a rough time with this new concern.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

~0 before schools and colleges reopen, guaranteed

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah, but while pro-mask people are going abut their lives the anti-mask are protesting. and protesting. and protesting. and protESTING. and PROTESTING. AND PROTESTING.
so you see the problem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

virus is a masculine word and illnesses are feminine, this is correct usage of the language

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah, but while pro-mask people are going abut their lives the anti-mask are protesting. and protesting. and protesting. and protESTING. and PROTESTING. AND PROTESTING.
so you see the problem

it's going to be interesting to see the death rates between costco mask shoppers and sams club partriots at the end of this

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1260580771712114688

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
remember that bizarre moment in March when Florida actually set up checkpoints on the border for a couple days to deter out of staters?

there was a time when people took this seriously...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
serfs belong in the fields, not in the manor

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1260582823490129920

quote:

By the numbers: For the 27 million people who are losing their job-based coverage, about 80% have other options, said Rachel Garfield, a health policy expert at the Kaiser Family Foundation and lead author of the report.

- Roughly half are eligible for Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Another third are eligible for subsidized health plans on the Affordable Care Act's marketplaces.
- The remaining 20% are pretty much out of luck because they live in a state that didn't expand Medicaid or are ineligible for other kinds of subsidized coverage.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's latest coronavirus relief bill would fully subsidize the cost of maintaining an employer plan through COBRA — an option that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive for many people. But that's a long way from becoming law.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 15:53 on May 13, 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's a good thing that Trump is planning to make insurance better for everyone!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
SC

lol

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
C-c-covidcane spotted

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

oxsnard posted:

virus is a masculine word and illnesses are feminine, this is correct usage of the language

the language is hosed though

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Ah this is gonna be great. My boomer parents are in the Caribbean and usually just ride out hurricanes. They never listen to me because I am perpetually their child, so when I tell them "Hey, this time don't try to ride out a hurricane during an unprecedented global pandemic" they will not listen and instead will get all their supply chains cut off when everything is destroyed.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1260564090264719362
Goddammit, it's too early to feel this much rage

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:yeshaha:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Fox News website has no COVID-19 stories until 13 other stories beforehand lol

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
real talk: i am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but i find it increasingly difficult to get out of bed and work a full day as time passes. i don't know how to snap out of this.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PyPy posted:

real talk: i am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but i find it increasingly difficult to get out of bed and work a full day as time passes. i don't know how to snap out of this.
force yourself to get adequate exercise

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

PyPy posted:

unless you like your job or are passionate about what you're doing just sit back and collect a check. do the bare minimum and take pleasure in how little you can get away with doing.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

BeefThief posted:

unless you like your job or are passionate about what you're doing just sit back and collect a check. do the bare minimum and take pleasure in how little you can get away with doing.

i am doing this now, but drat it's boring

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

PyPy posted:

Ive already gotten a couple warnings about falling behind on work because apparently while stuck at home during a pandemic I should still be able to maintain full productivity and the cognitive dissonance I get from the news about this virus vs the expectation of regular workday is loving with me too. Got no answers but you aren't alone

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BeefThief posted:

This is the secret no one tells you

No one does anything

Especially your bosses

Steal from them

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Ive already gotten a couple warnings about falling behind on work because apparently while stuck at home during a pandemic I should still be able to maintain full productivity and the cognitive dissonance I get from the news about this virus vs the expectation of regular workday is loving with me too. Got no answers but you aren't alone

thank you, posting pal

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

demon cracker nation

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

yeah I am working out at home every morning and the days I get lazy and let it slide I have a worse day 100% of the time

very thankful wife and I have been working from home for the last 2 months and everything is pretty close to 'normal' for us

i definitely don't get the rush people feel to go to businesses gyms etc again though. like i am not going anywhere with a litany of restrictions and requirements gently caress that i'll just stay home and wait until it's just open open and normal again. lol at having to like pre-schedule an allotted hour of gym time and wear a mask while lifting, gently caress out of here, i'm good with not going. brb gonna get a haircut while my poor barber reaches around plexiglass to groom my misshapen head. can't wait to get into TJ MAXX and browse the goods in single file single-direction aisles, getting stuck completely in my tracks by some fuckin moron who won't just move on and there's no room to pass them

like i'm not trying to be a chud here. i don't think people should be getting forced back to work for number. i think it's hosed up that people are being made to pick between risking the rona or being unemployed. but i'm also not gonna deal with jumping through hoops to go do poo poo. i can sit it out pretty happily

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm sure the guy who once believed the moon landing was fake has some enlightened views on virology

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No one does anything

Especially your bosses

Steal from them

i've had more success in my career doing less work than more work. sincerely and truly

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy posted:

i am doing this now, but drat it's boring

masturbate more

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I bet the guy I gotta scan later today for anoxic brain injury with covid who was at 50% oxygen saturation went into respiratory collapse and cardiac arrest will be ruled as death by heart attack no covid ur the covid

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1260588871387156480?s=21

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No one does anything

Especially your bosses

Steal from them

all office work is make work

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

TMMadman posted:

masturbate more

buddy,

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

kater posted:

large rear end gathering ban is the only strand holding this together and they want to start shredding it? like that shits just gone and ain’t coming back.

I'm not rear end gathering no matter what the president says

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Man posted:

80% of America still wants to quarantine, even most republicans don't want to die miserably. This is just the ruling elite herding us to our deaths and astroturfing support for it

Oh but that ruling elite, boy howdy are they horny for death

Your death, not theirs

I don't understand why the elite are allowed to be horny for my death, but I'll get banned or arrested when I get horny for theirs. Seems like a two tiered justice system imo.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Perry Mason Jar posted:

i've had more success in my career doing less work than more work. sincerely and truly

I don't feel like I've done anything useful in the past year and I got a 3.5% raise in April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Perry Mason Jar posted:

when you do more work you get attention and when you get attention they realize all the minor gently caress ups you make. when you don't do poo poo and skate by nobody notices poo poo, and as long as you smile and bullshit people think you are doing great.

be as friendly as possible and do as little as possible, get paid