Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

KonvexKonkav posted:

That sounds absolutely insane to me. I'm paying about 300€ in Germany including lunch. 900 would be almost the double of what I'm paying for rent, lol.

Let me blow your mind even more: that’s just for two days of Betreuung per week. Don’t even want to imagine what Vollzeitbetreuung would run us.

And yeah, there are (weak-rear end) Subventionen, but they’re means-tested, and the ausschlaggebendes Steuerjahr is the one in which I had a decent salary, so I’m biting the saurer Apfel and paying full price.

And there are literally zero good watches to be had for less than 1000 eur, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Im legit lolling at being called the highest earner itt when we have a literal Audi TTS owner and several computer touchers among our ranks. Op, I’m just a part-time lecturer who’s been failing to get a job at a good Gymnasium for like five years now, if anything you should pity me!!!!!

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Wengy posted:

Let me blow your mind even more: that’s just for two days of Betreuung per week. Don’t even want to imagine what Vollzeitbetreuung would run us.

And yeah, there are (weak-rear end) Subventionen, but they’re means-tested, and the ausschlaggebendes Steuerjahr is the one in which I had a decent salary, so I’m biting the saurer Apfel and paying full price.

And there are literally zero good watches to be had for less than 1000 eur, come on.

Uggh why don't you just let your maid watch the child then.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BabyFur Denny posted:

Uggh why don't you just let your maid watch the child then.

Wouldn't want the young to associate with the lower class.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wengy posted:

a literal Audi TTS owner
now now it was preowned and he got a covid price reduction, so still a three-balcony-situation imo

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

three-balcony-situation

cixin liu's disappointing sequel

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Wengy posted:

Let me blow your mind even more: that’s just for two days of Betreuung per week.

:magical: holy lol. Really, why not pay a dedicated live-in childcarer then?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Shakespearean Beef posted:

this is a good joke that will go underappreciated

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Wengy posted:

Food 200 Chf
Data 150 Chf
RentBalconies 800 Chf
Childcare 900 Chf
Watches 3600 Chf

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

In all seriousness though, the Swiss Kita system sounds ridiculously awful but I got my current watch for 30€ and it works fine, so I find it a bit hard to fully empathize with your plight. If you can't find a good watch in Switzerland for less than 1000€, maybe import it from a country that knows how to make them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wengy posted:

Im legit lolling at being called the highest earner itt when we have a literal Audi TTS owner and several computer touchers among our ranks. Op, I’m just a part-time lecturer who’s been failing to get a job at a good Gymnasium for like five years now, if anything you should pity me!!!!!

The Audi TTS goon probably makes less than you though, op. If you hadn't wasted all that money on an expensive noisy kid you could also be riding through the mountains in a second hand TTS.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Der Audi hat bestimmt auch eine bessere CO2 Bilanz als das Kind. :thunk:

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

ephex posted:

lol owned don't have kids my man

450€ possibly wouldn't even get you a WG Zimmer in Munich lol

Actually I saw one but I quickly realized it was a strange frat cult thing.

Anyway I'm good paying >1000 instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUh5exBJXBU

e: while I like the previous vid, this one's way funnier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBNqJKZTQE

Greatest Living Man fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 13, 2020

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

The Audi TTS goon probably makes less than you though, op. If you hadn't wasted all that money on an expensive noisy kid you could also be riding through the mountains in a second hand TTS.

I‘d prefer one of those sleek Mercedes Cabrios, not sure what they’re called, because my actual position is that motorisierter Individualverkehr should be abolished, op

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

KonvexKonkav posted:

Food 200 Chf
Data 150 Chf
RentBalconies 800 Chf
Childcare 900 Chf
Watches 3600 Chf

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

In all seriousness though, the Swiss Kita system sounds ridiculously awful but I got my current watch for 30€ and it works fine, so I find it a bit hard to fully empathize with your plight. If you can't find a good watch in Switzerland for less than 1000€, maybe import it from a country that knows how to make them.

I’m just being an rear end in a top hat, op, there’s a bunch of decent watches to be had for less than 1k. Also, I’m no longer budgeting for watches since my collection is more or less complete, I reckon. I’m now saving up for an espresso maker!

Oh man, quick edit, because I just saw that you budgeted 200 chf for food. My man, visit me in Switzerland some time, I have such sights to show you

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Zwille posted:

:magical: holy lol. Really, why not pay a dedicated live-in childcarer then?

Because that would be even more expensive if you were to pay that person an actual living wage, with Sozialabgaben and all? Also, you’d need a bigger and hence more expensive apartment to accommodate this hypothetical nanny. Also also, I wouldn’t want to share my living space with a stranger and much prefer the Kita-Modell, because having actual Fachpersonen take care of your kid - guten Betreuungsschlüssel vorausgesetzt - is a very good thing. I’m really looking forward to my daughter’s Kita years, don’t get me wrong, just getting some much-needed Jammern done.

Also, i guess the actual costs plateau pretty quickly. I just looked at my municipality’s Kita-tarifrechner and it turns out that a couple making a combined yearly Nettosalär of 100’000.- francs would only pay 1’100.- per month for full-time care. Things do be getting crazy if you earn just a little too much and have to shell out for the entire cost, though, which in that case would be 2300.- Francs. Whoops.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Drone posted:

this is a good joke that will go underappreciated

yeah because the original is dissapointing :twisted:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Wengy posted:

I’m just being an rear end in a top hat, op, there’s a bunch of decent watches to be had for less than 1k. Also, I’m no longer budgeting for watches since my collection is more or less complete, I reckon. I’m now saving up for an espresso maker!

Oh man, quick edit, because I just saw that you budgeted 200 chf for food. My man, visit me in Switzerland some time, I have such sights to show you

I just took the numbers from the candles meme because of :effort:, but from what I've heard from other people I could have just added another zero as well.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
call me old fashioned but I think it's a little hard to empathise with the Swiss guy who owns an expensive watch collection and whines about kids costing a lot

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh and is saving for an espressomaker 😂

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Shakespearean Beef posted:

Noice! :hfive:

Fake edit: Too many nerds ITT, IMHO.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wengy posted:

Maybe instead of being a happy sex haver with a wife and kid doing good work for society as a teacher, maybe you should instead become a soulless, consultant like me, getting ground to dust 60 hours per week, achieving absolutely nothing of value except making number go up :thumbsup:

oliwan posted:

call me old fashioned but I think it's a little hard to empathise with the Swiss guy who owns an expensive watch collection and whines about kids costing a lot

:hmmyes:

oliwan posted:

oh and is saving for an espressomaker 😂

Just buy a caffettiera for :10bux: imo

ephex fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 13, 2020

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Tarquinn posted:

Noice! :hfive:

Fake edit: Too many nerds ITT, IMHO.

I'm a nerd ITTS lol

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wait, she adds "ich will mir ja nichts anmassen", i.e. "i'm not worthy of the title 'genosse'". Now i'm confused what she meant with that.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I have this one im Auge, but it’s so dang teuer: https://bianca.lelit.com/index-de.html

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
2k-ish? You’re adorable. (:black101:)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Zwille posted:

I approve of the name of that coffeemaker.

Just the name. The rest is ridiculous.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Please don't forget to buy a good grinder. Your grinder is more important than the machine.

Also, I am very happy with my Bezzera BZ10 espresso machine, except the Dampfdruck is a bit too high for my taste.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The Bezzera is definitely good, but I want a PID and a paddle. You’re definitely right re the grinder, that’s another fortune right there, hence the saving up thing.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Zwille posted:

Maaaan id fuckin kill for a Slayer. So awesome. But yeah...

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I love the new Wengy that just leans into his bougie-ness. It's a good thread gimmick. A 2k coffee machine and watch collection automatically disqualify you from whining about how expensive childcare is, though.

Tarquinn posted:

I approve of the name of that coffeemaker.

Just the name. The rest is ridiculous.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

P sure grindr is free actually

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

I love the new Wengy that just leans into his bougie-ness. It's a good thread gimmick. A 2k coffee machine and watch collection automatically disqualify you from whining about how expensive childcare is, though.

:discourse:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
More like trash metal amirite fellas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

2k? jfc, I wouldn't pay that much for a life saving surgery let alone for a freaking coffee maker

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

suck my woke dick posted:

For Reichsbürger I'm willing to make an exception and applaud every cop who gives them auf die Fresse.

They got these fuckers. Hopefully they get to do jail time.
https://www.tagesschau.de/regional/nordrheinwestfalen/nrw-razzia-101.html

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Antigravitas posted:

Please don't forget to buy a good grinder. Your grinder is more important than the machine.

Also, I am very happy with my Bezzera BZ10 espresso machine, except the Dampfdruck is a bit too high for my taste.

Whatup, BZ10 Buddy. Great machine, only pain is getting Wechseldichtungsringe when you're living in the rear end-end of almost Slovenia.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Buy a 20€ Mokka ffs

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Buy a 20€ Mokka ffs

No.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006