Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Samurai Sanders posted:

but because my job and my co-workers jobs were threatened if any of us get it.

Say what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

I saw this earlier and while I find it to be almost defensive of these people, it makes sense imo

but also they're just horrid assholes

lmao at the idea of ordering "the usual"

Either you're well known enough there that they just make your order when they see you and you have your usual banter or you need to tell them what you want.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Epic High Five posted:

Chickpeas aren't as good as lentils nutrition wise but they are by far the most snackable bean and friendliest to mass consumption

Restaurant supply place was out of lentils, had to go with just 10lbs of chickpeas. :( I like lentils, cause they're pretty tasty by themselves, and quick to cook in a normal pot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Gonna pet every cat on earth.

(LA, Toledo, Madrid, New York, Iceland, South Africa, Vermont, Maine, London, Germany, Mexico, Etc)

How do you travel internationally every 3 months or less?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Restaurant supply place was out of lentils, had to go with just 10lbs of chickpeas. :( I like lentils, cause they're pretty tasty by themselves, and quick to cook in a normal pot.

They are in just about every way the perfect food.

Chickpeas are still a good choice. Bean prep to me is like nothing to me ever since I got my instant pot

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable about going into a place like that again. Not just because of my health, or other people's health, but because my job and my co-workers jobs were threatened if any of us get it.

It'll take a proven vaccine, readily available testing even if folks aren't symptomatic, and probably competent contact tracing before I'll feel comfortable in spaces like that again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

helta posted:

Say what?
One of my coworkers was suspected of having it, but came up negative. Before the test results came back though, we got emails from management that were basically "if they have it It would be bad for our PR and it would affect the future of your contracts".

I'm sure if it came to a legal issue they would deny that they were threatening all of our jobs because of a possible illness of even one of us, but threats are in the eye of the beholder and we definitely beheld a threat from the person who signs our paychecks.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 05:40 on May 14, 2020

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

One of my coworkers was suspected of having it, but came up negative. Before The test results came back though, we got emails from management that were basically "if they have it It would be bad for our PR and it would affect the future of your contracts".

I'm sure if it came to a legal issue they would deny that they were threatening all of our jobs because of a possible illness of even one of us, but threats are in the eye of the beholder and we definitely beheld a threat from the person who signs our paychecks.

Take a photo of those emails with your phone just in case.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Samurai Sanders posted:

One of my coworkers was suspected of having it, but came up negative. Before The test results came back though, we got emails from management that were basically "if they have it It would be bad for our PR and it would affect the future of your contracts".

Fuuuuck, that is hosed up friend. I dont know really know what to say, but take care of yourself.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Zeriel posted:

this, do this asap

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Chick pea curry is so delicious. Chick pea soup? yeah. baked chick peas.. hummus... it is the perfect food

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zeriel posted:

Always keep a gently caress you file

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zeriel posted:

I've already made copies on my home PC, but I don't think they would do any good. Even though in Japan it's illegal as it is anywhere for employers to make hiring and firing decisions based on their employee's health (or personal life or heritage or family situation or whatever) it absolutely totally completely happens all the time and no one can do anything about it.

Edit: Not a literal screen picture though, so I guess I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

chickpeas rule but theyre the white bread of the pea world

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I hear a lot of people talking about themselves like they’re loving up when they are having to adapt to a new style of work in chaotic and traumatic times. You can find guides for WFH that you might find useful and several goons have posted good tips.

a lot of the standard WFH tips really fall flat for me because they haven't been updated to reflect that none of us are working from home, really. We are in lock down, during a global pandemic, trying to work.

like, I think my DILO strategies should probably be a bit different now, what with everyone being terribly loving (some situationally) depressed, but welp can't buy that training off the McKinsey shelf so here we are

fosborb has issued a correction as of 05:49 on May 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

we are approaching the two month mark for when most of america shut down

and people are going absolute bugfuck insane, screeching and attacking service workers because they can't loving stand not being waited upon, pounding on glass doors of closed restaurants and howling 'OPEN THE FUK UP!!!'

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Hashy posted:

chickpeas rule but theyre the white bread of the pea world

A chickpea isn't even a pea you moron

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

every single zombie movie was correct. the true zombie is the bovine white suburbanite

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

Always keep a gently caress you file

Yep. Even if it's not something that works in your favor, keep records of this kind of stuff

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ascii genitals posted:

Chick pea curry is so delicious. Chick pea soup? yeah. baked chick peas.. hummus... it is the perfect food

no thank you, gently caress that trash. garbanzo beans 4evr

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/1260767480542363648
lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ascii genitals posted:

baked chick peas and sweet potato is real good too.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ah, but did they write in an anti-defenestration provision as well?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

RC Cola posted:

How do you travel internationally every 3 months or less?

idk, plane tickets are really cheap if you don't really care where you go? And spending a quarter of your salary a year on the stupidest possible thing isn't really hard if you have trapped yourself in extreme rural maine and can't move away but can't stand being there full time and the choice was between taking a bunch of insane long weekend trips on the stupidest and flimsiest premise or like... opioid abuse.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wow! political violence against the underclass! I will be assembling a QCS thread about this posthaste,

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

oxsnard posted:

A chickpea isn't even a pea you moron

socially distance yourself from me

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

love that government swiftly moves to protect industry but medical personnel remain completely open to litigation for all the terrible poo poo they had to do like avoid CPR if no PPE or god knows what else

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

jetz0r posted:

shm if you don't have a couple 50lb or 25lb bags of nice rice hanging around.

target? wtf? those little 1lb bags of rice. what a loving casual.

Made some crispy chickpeas the other day, good stuff!

im not made of rice money :colbert:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Hashy posted:

socially distance yourself from me

:(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

we are approaching the two month mark for when most of america shut down

and people are going absolute bugfuck insane, screeching and attacking service workers because they can't loving stand not being waited upon, pounding on glass doors of closed restaurants and howling 'OPEN THE FUK UP!!!'

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

the most snackable bean

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

fosborb posted:

a lot of the standard WFH tips really fall flat for me because they haven't been updated to reflect that none of us are working from home, really. We are in lock down, during a global pandemic, trying to work.

like, I think my DILO strategies should probably be a bit different now, what with everyone being terribly loving (some situationally) depressed, but welp can't buy that training off the McKinsey shelf so here we are

Well McKinsey has been training people how to work 18 hours a day, in an unergonomic setting, never escaping the small group of people around them, while situationally depressed, for 90 years now. It just turns out it’s their own staff and they don’t really know how to share the knowledge. It’s a weird time in consulting rn.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
My chud texas neighbors are melting the gently caress down on Facebook. It's incredible.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

oxsnard posted:

My chud texas neighbors are melting the gently caress down on Facebook. It's incredible.

Show us

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

no don’t

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

who all here is never horney anymore

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
From an oil landman, literally the most pointless job in the entire e&p industry that exists entirely due to government red tape that serves no practical, economic or safety propose

quote:

The beautiful part of freedom is that if you want to hide under your bed from the boogie man until there are zeros deaths, you can. In the meantime the adults can go back to work and save the country from another Great Depression.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

fosborb posted:

Yeah, everything needs a little tweaking now. Most tips for coping with depression suggest you get out and socialize and no of course don’t do that.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I want to "work" from home also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

snoo posted:

who all here is never horney anymore

:chast2b: