Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Tea in Siebträger oder Busen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Get a plunger gun. They’re the only household available item that actually works reliably and doesn’t put dangerous chemicals in the sewage.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zwille posted:

Tea in Siebträger oder Busen

*runs in totally out of breath too close to the mic* BUSEN!!!!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

How do you not own a bucket? I'm seriously intrigued.

Also this makes espresso, no?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
All coffees are beautiful IMO.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Zwille posted:

You all are beautiful IMO.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
No, that makes Moka.

Espresso specifically refers to an extraction method where you force high pressure water (typically about 9 bar) at high temperatures (95°C) through relatively fine powder (16g for a double shot) for about 30 seconds.

The objective there is to extract more oils. You get relatively little coffee but with an intense aroma.

Moka is also pretty intense, but much more bitter. It also doesn't extract many oils.

Tbh., if I want a full cup of joe I go for the French Press or Aeropress with a fairly light roast instead. Moka often tastes off because it is too hot.

Zwille posted:

All coffees are beautiful IMO.

I have an intense hatred for office coffee made with those disgusting office coffee machine where boiling water slowly drips into the same few g of coffee, then stays on the heating plate for hours.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Protip: get Vietnamese coffee and Vietnamese metal drip filters, I've never looked back (on the time before I drank coffee).

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Randler go to DM or Rossmann and buy a Rohrfrei. Don't buy the Eigenmarke poo poo but get the stuff in the red bottle called rorax.

It will dissolve anything in your sink.
Pour it in before you go to bed and it's done in the morning. DON'T use it during the day, you don't want to inhale that poo poo because you have to pee.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What if you have to pee during the night?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

My Lovely Horse posted:

Protip: get Vietnamese coffee and Vietnamese metal drip filters, I've never looked back (on the time before I drank coffee).

I got a Hario V60, a gooseneck kettle (a cheap one I can put on the stoclve) and a good hand-cranked grinder. I don't drink much coffee, but that stuff tastes considerably better than anything I can get from a coffee chain or what my parents drink every morning. Making good coffee on a budget is possible.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hopper posted:

But seriously, everybody should do what you think is best for yourself, spend, save etc. Just make sure you are happy with your decision. It isn't really about how much money you make, it is much more important you use it in a way that makes you happy.
wisdom

Simply Simon posted:

I have literally no idea what to do with my money because Things don't make me happy. I don't need a powerful car, I don't need a coffee machine. What I want is the certainty that I don't have to worry.

that was me for the last decade and a half until sixth month ago, putting almost half of my wages into the rainy day fund and not doing much else but work. but the sudden death of my mom acctually made me realise the worst thing in life is not death but not having lived. so i'll try something else for a bit now.

v:shobon:v

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I mean that's pretty deep but if I ever equivocate "living" with "buying an Audi" just put me in a car compactor

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hopper posted:

Randler go to DM or Rossmann and buy a Rohrfrei. Don't buy the Eigenmarke poo poo but get the stuff in the red bottle called rorax.

It will dissolve anything in your sink.
Pour it in before you go to bed and it's done in the morning. DON'T use it during the day, you don't want to inhale that poo poo because you have to pee.

noooo dont do this that stuff fucks up your pipes and poo poo

get a rohrreinigungsspirale instead its the alpha way

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Spirale is old school. The real Rohrreinigungs Chad uses a pressure washer with a Rohrsonde.

But no really I am curious whatever horror is clogging up randlers sink now.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 14, 2020

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

ephex posted:

noooo dont do this that stuff fucks up your pipes and poo poo

get a rohrreinigungsspirale instead its the alpha way

Please look up how to use one before you do that though. Our upstairs neighbor managed to break his Spirale while it was behind our toilet and just left it in the wall. A couple of months later our toilet was so clogged you couldn't even be pömpeled or spiraled anymore since those don't actually remove a huge metal cable blocking everything. Eventually a Klempner with a camera you can shove into the pipe had to come just to diagnose the problem, because the person who normally manages everything in the building was so baffled by it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Simply Simon posted:

I mean that's pretty deep but if I ever equivocate "living" with "buying an Audi" just put me in a car compactor

to me a car means freedom to go where i want wherever i want, visitng friends, going to the mountains or visit distant family members.

before that i drove a 14yo mitsubishi that died on me every third time i wanted to drive somewhere.

so my new car is cool and i like sitting in it doing the vrrm vrrm noises

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

You should get a Motorrad too.

125er can be driven with your Klasse B Führerschein If you do a single extra test.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

ephex posted:

to me a car means freedom to go where i want wherever i want, visitng friends, going to the mountains or visit distant family members.

Jesus Christ

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Combat Theory posted:

You should get a Motorrad too.

i might be fat as hell but i prefer the car to provide the knautschzone ;)
not going full midlife crisis yet. YE :haw:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
to be fair the TTS is also really nice to drive, like the acceleration, handling etc

I get that you'd want it for the intrinsic feeling of the driving itself, it just looks so stupid

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

cebrail posted:

Jesus Christ

go on

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

For the driving pleasure alone you are propably better off just getting a Subaru BRZ / Nissan 370 Z. Let's be honest if you buy a German car at that pricepoint you do it for ze Premiumfaktor.

Also yeah Motorrad will offer you another league of driving experience for a small fraction of the cost and upkeep.

Nothing wrong with any of that though in my opinion. The worst decision is spending a ton of money on something you don't need and also don't like.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Combat Theory posted:

The worst decision is spending a ton of money on something you don't need and also don't like.

So about those childcare costs :v:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

My 6€ Ikea French press rules

(It's probably the more expensive bean grinder tbh)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Is your lord and saviour. Duh.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
recommend me a good bean grinder

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
not gonna derail the thread anymore but i like sitting in my shiny new car that i can afford and driving it somewhere kinda reasonably fast but that is probably about it

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

ephex posted:

After spending the last months in lockdown, we did a trip in the car this week. During the lockdown I've hardly been anywhere that I didn't walk to (I walk a lot). Being able to just see the city and countryside move over the windscreen, and getting from one city to another in basically no time gave me an appreciation why there is this Boomer romanticism about cars and freedom and what not. Imagine you came of age in buttfuck nowhere, being unable to go anywhere that isn't church or the village shop. Then you get a car and boom fossils are converted into freedom

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

ephex posted:

Get one with ceramic insides, they supposedly grind far more evenly and don't burn the beans. If you're making coffee for yourself and occasionally someone else, a manual one is just fine. I got a Hario Skerton. It's absolutely suited for beginners, seeing that I'm a beginner and manage to make decent cups with it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Lord Stimperor posted:

After spending the last months in lockdown, we did a trip in the car this week. During the lockdown I've hardly been anywhere that I didn't walk to (I walk a lot). Being able to just see the city and countryside move over the windscreen, and getting from one city to another in basically no time gave me an appreciation why there is this Boomer romanticism about cars and freedom and what not. Imagine you came of age in buttfuck nowhere, being unable to go anywhere that isn't church or the village shop. Then you get a car and boom fossils are converted into freedom

i live in munich where a car is not necessary at all

except if you want to go somewhere that is not munich:

i like walking up and and down some big rock so yeah

edit:

ephex fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 14, 2020

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The second option doesn’t take 2h48, it takes infinite time because you won’t be allowed to cross the border.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I mean that's all valid and we are unfortunately in an Autonation but you can have all of that in a Hyundai i10

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Simply Simon posted:

I mean that's all valid and we are unfortunately in an Autonation but you can have all of that in a Hyundai i10

i could go there with a loving pogostick but i don't need to

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A man deals with his midlife crisis in a responsible and environmentally conscious way by getting a TTS instead of a child and this thread mocks him for that?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

GABA ghoul posted:

A man deals with his midlife crisis in a responsible and environmentally conscious way by getting a TTS instead of a child and this thread mocks him for that?

AGREED

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

ephex posted:

Since you drive a TTS, you have to get a Mahlkönig

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Eezee posted:

Since you drive a TTS, you have to get a Mahlkönig

i think that would go well with my slayer espresso machine

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GABA ghoul posted:

a midlife crisis happens between 45 and 55 op, but i appreciate the sentiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Preposterous, who's gonna live to 110 in this healthcare system