Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

they don’t understand western memes!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

it was dumb then and dumb now

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Delta-Wye posted:

well actually, they are fashionable and he designed them, so tautologically speaking....
:goonsay:

I prefer to think of them as an outsider artist

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Rent-A-Cop posted:

China and Japan both really love Nazi cosplay.

It's real weird

It's a bit understandable, as they're more geographically disconnected from any victims of Nazism and have a less of a grasp on the extent of what Hitler did besides put on flashy parades. I think it was the Israeli embassy had to step in to explain to those students and the school why that was not a cool thing to do.

For the same reason cosplaying Japanese imperial soldiers would be super-offensive in asian countries, but not so much in western countries

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
China does not love Nazi cosplay what the gently caress are you on about

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

je1 healthcare posted:

It's a bit understandable, as they're more geographically disconnected from any victims of Nazism and have a less of a grasp on the extent of what Hitler did besides put on flashy parades. I think it was the Israeli embassy had to step in to explain to those students and the school why that was not a cool thing to do.

For the same reason cosplaying Japanese imperial soldiers would be super-offensive in asian countries, but not so much in western countries

Depending on what your political party is, cosplaying as Japanese imperial soldiers in Taiwan would be seen as welcoming. I mean Lee Deng-Hui was in the Imperial Navy. The Taiwanese portion in the Japanese army was almost entirely volunteer until 1945.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

Communists have their own cool iconography and fashion. Can anyone honestly say that Red Guards don't look good?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 23, 2021

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Squizzle cracking down on Pevan is more egregious than BrutalistMcDonalds giving Louisgod a slap on the wrist for harassing a dumb teenager imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol china thread whining about a han supremacist

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 23, 2021

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
how many times do you have to be told to go away you brainless sinophobe

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Pevan's posts were entirely predictable on almost any topic. He is no great loss.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1261250635371909120

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Jeep posted:

pener migrated to the cargo cult & benghazi 2 offsite

he stopped posting there too

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They have been talking about reducing Huawei's order from 25% to 10% for a while.

IMO its really not as big of a cockblock as the google apps.

I am using a Huawei phone right now because I am hell bent on using 7" phone and only Huawei made 2. I got to say the Huawei UI has a lot of little annoyances, compare to usual amount of smarty pant UI changes from Xiaomi or Samsung phones.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

They have been talking about reducing Huawei's order from 25% to 10% for a while.

IMO its really not as big of a cockblock as the google apps.

I am using a Huawei phone right now because I am hell bent on using 7" phone and only Huawei made 2. I got to say the Huawei UI has a lot of little annoyances, compare to usual amount of smarty pant UI changes from Xiaomi or Samsung phones.

this is interesting to me since I bought a Xiaomi phone specifically because I wanted something that was on the cheaper side (I don't ask much of my phone) but wasn't keen on getting Huawei because of the play store blockage (that I found a way around anyway with F-Droid, go figure)

why is/was Huawei targeted, but Xiaomi wasn't?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Autism Sneaks posted:

Squizzle cracking down on Pevan is more egregious than BrutalistMcDonalds giving Louisgod a slap on the wrist for harassing a dumb teenager imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TuTM3Y97M

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Throatwarbler posted:

http://www.chinahush.com/2011/09/13/wedding-photos-in-nazi-uniform-criticized-by-netizens/

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Depending on how you want to look at it, Huawei was quite blatant with IP theft, or their latest hardware (not software) is legit world-class and a threat to their competitors.

Both could easily be true.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is interesting to me since I bought a Xiaomi phone specifically because I wanted something that was on the cheaper side (I don't ask much of my phone) but wasn't keen on getting Huawei because of the play store blockage (that I found a way around anyway with F-Droid, go figure)

Because Xiaomi use Qualcomm soc and NSA can spy on Nokia/Ericsson/Qualcomm 5G equipment but not Huawei's. But this base station war has nothing to do with the phone side. And Huawei should have spun off its phone division anyway.

This has result in China cockblocking certain subset of Qualcomm soc in China (or is planning to? I can't keep track). I predict a few years down the road when China home grown fab is large enough Beijing will mandate Xiaomi and Oppo to use Huawei's smartphone soc.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

imagine how incredibly normal a Free Pevan thread in QCS would be lol

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

hmm yes, all the comments calling them morons are strong shows of love

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

imagine how incredibly normal a Free Pevan thread in QCS would be lol

Are you genuinely going to bat for one of the worst posters on the forums

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

Are you genuinely going to bat for one of the worst posters on the forums

when did I start defending you

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kassad posted:

hmm yes, all the comments calling them morons are strong shows of love

Correct

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So I was casually listening this HK old dude's youtube channel on and off last year, just to get more first hand experience from HK. Just found out he launched a Patreon in March, and it's already ranked #6 in total patrons in just 2 months.

He is basically an...old school anti CCP HKer (or Yellow Ribbon if you will) and has been doing it for a long while. He has recently immigrated to Taiwan because he was too scared to stay as a HKer. Funny thing is he always put ad of his own Cantonese restaurant in front of his videos because he couldn't get any sponsor to his channel. Should have launched the Patreon soon. I got no other comment about him other than how fast his Patreon shot up. The Yellow Ribbon energy is strong.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
just chillin' in my kitchen with a loving island and 10,000 dollars in appliances

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Totally normal ad for a totally normal newspaper.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Is she wearing color contacts?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Totally normal ad for a totally normal newspaper.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

If I were the Chinese government, I'd quietly sponsor those guys so that they continued to make my opposition look less competent and more unbalanced on average.

Not saying that I think they do, just that it's a missed opportunity.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Atopian posted:

If I were the Chinese government, I'd quietly sponsor those guys so that they continued to make my opposition look less competent and more unbalanced on average.

Not saying that I think they do, just that it's a missed opportunity.

They don't seem to have a funding issue considering they are bombarding youtube with ads.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol the Falun Gong test kitchen is really weird.

The CCP test kitchen is much better

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Pastry Chef Attempts to Make Gourmet Psyop

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

etalian posted:

lol the Falun Gong test kitchen is really weird.

The CCP test kitchen is much better

I just recently downloaded a Chinese art document that include this painting.

I didn't look at this drawing up close. Now that I have seen the bigger version, my instantly reaction is "20 years ago, we called this art; now we try to place it on a subreddit."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

I just recently downloaded a Chinese art document that include this painting.

I didn't look at this drawing up close. Now that I have seen the bigger version, my instantly reaction is "20 years ago, we called this art; now we try to place it on a subreddit."

Article on the artist:
http://hu-ming.com/common/profile.html

:nws:
https://www.pinterest.com/hotmail5665/china-hu-ming/

etalian has issued a correction as of 14:21 on May 16, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
(he was 72 and had a heart attack)

here's another one from the ET youtube... this one's actually pretty good

get a lot of vibes from 1980s cold war airport potboiler novels. bannon knows his audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWPBr4L1eyE

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:38 on May 16, 2020