Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

OneMoreTime posted:

And here's tonight's level list and VOD. Thanks to everyone who joined us tonight!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/615346602

1. Cliff Climbers 00:13:45
By: ThisIsACoolGuy FDT-J2L-YWF

2. Firebar Frenzy 00:21:15
By: Orange Crush Rush D4F-8V7-C2H

3. Sinister Skyway
By: Tonberi 50W-MDT-JQG

4. Elec Man 00:55:45
By: John Wick of Dogs FLL-3V2-HRG

5. Coin Glint Sprint 01:05:00
By: Suspicious Cook CC5-V8Y-GGF

6. The Flybrary 01:16:00
By: Phantasium SL5-60T-XDF

7. Fiendish Fleet Above the Forest: 01:24:15
By: And More MT6-Q3Y-6JF

8. floatly like a cloud 01:37:00
By: Mooseontheloose 3MP-3NS-FFG

9. Spike Ball Sprint 02:12:45
By: Darth Nat 9J0-J14-XHF

10. Fiery Fortress 02:32:15
By: SilverSupernova BF2-44V-8VF

11. Fungal Fens 02:47:00
By: DarkLich MRR-YX2-WDF

Sorry I couldn’t catch the stream live, but I’m glad you enjoyed the stage either way. It’s always good to see how other people go through the stage to see what should be changed and what works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey no problem! Glad you managed to at least catch the VOD.

Speaking of streams, here's tonight's level list for the stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Cannonball Canyon
By: ThisIsACoolGuy 73N-3DT-1FF

2. Bullet Bill Bog
By: Orange Crush Rush MPQ-569-D0G

3. Cloud Corruption
By: Tonberi My8-VYK-SXG

4. Ice Man
By: John Wick of Dogs K6R-7F8-HJG

5. Candy Cruiser
By: Gnome Enthusiast HV3-HB0-QTG

6. KerPOW Climb
By: Phantasium BM7-FXQ-XRF

7. Switchin' On a Space Station:
By: And More YDY-8VM-4DG

8. Flight Through the Mecha Fortress
By: Silver Supernova TV1-DYR-YBG

9. Mechanized Molehill
By: DarkLich TJD-G29-1WF

10. On A Wing Lift And A Prayer
By: Haschel Cedricson DMK-B02-BHG

11. The Overgrown Forest
By: Wolfslayer24 XG7-TCC-2TF

12. World 3-3
By: Vegabomb91 LNL-YHG-84G

13. Golden Skies
By: SuperIga 2S0-HJR-JTF

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Here's my big project :shobon:

I played through the first world and some. Great set of stages here! Each stage was cohesive and built around a key set of mechanics so far. Looking forward to continuing the trip.

Maxxim posted:

I saw the new update and felt like making a level.

Lemmy's Laser Lair 9XQ-X7Q-6WG

Very little room for error, but it was heart-pounding fun once I got the right movements down.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we'll be live in ten minutes with some levels!

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Windswept Walk - 288-7GV-LLF - Finally made some use of the "night desert" theme. This one can feel super-easy or super-hard, depending on what the position of the stars or your personal zodiac sign says.

That leads us to this! Perhaps some of these stages feel better when they're organized as such? I sure hope they do.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

That leads us to this! Perhaps some of these stages feel better when they're organized as such? I sure hope they do.

These are great! I just beat the ghost house in World 1 (somehow?), but now I'm fairly confused. What just happened? I feel like the pipe in the dark room led me several different places. Were there actually a lot of dark rooms which just looked the same?

Anyway, on to the rest!

Edit: Through two worlds now. Good stuff! I really like the way you use vines to lead to secrets in some stages. The traditional-style castles have also been very satisfying. I'll make sure to come back for the rest of the levels later.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 12, 2020

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
What's the easiest way to play these goon made maps?
Do I still have to put in the 9digit code? or can i make a bookmark list online or something

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

deong posted:

What's the easiest way to play these goon made maps?
Do I still have to put in the 9digit code? or can i make a bookmark list online or something

For worlds, you still have to enter the 9-digit code to start. However, you can exit a world at any point and then find it on your maker profile. It's the tab with the balloon on the far right, and it will show you worlds that you've beaten as well as those you started but didn't finish. So its sort of like a bookmark list. For the worlds you haven't finished, you can pick up where you left off, which is really nice.

All in all, I think it works pretty well. Just find a couple in the thread and jump in.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey everyone, here's the VOD from tonight's stream. Thank you all for hanging on out!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/618278817

1. Cannonball Canyon 00:39:00
By: ThisIsACoolGuy 73N-3DT-1FF

2. Bullet Bill Bog 01:02:15
By: Orange Crush Rush MPQ-569-D0G

3. Cloud Corruption 01:13:45
By: Tonberi My8-VYK-SXG

4. Ice Man 01:50:15
By: John Wick of Dogs K6R-7F8-HJG

5. Candy Cruiser 02:01:00
By: Gnome Enthusiast H3V-HB0-QTG

6. KerPOW Climb 02:09:15
By: Phantasium BM7-FXQ-XRF

7. Switchin' On a Space Station: 02:29:30
By: And More YDY-8VM-4DG

8. Flight Through the Mecha Fortress 02:58:45
By: Silver Supernova TV1-DYR-YBG

9. Mechanized Molehill 03:08:30
By: DarkLich TJD-G29-1WF

10. On A Wing Lift And A Prayer 03:30:00
By: Haschel Cedricson DMK-B02-BHG

11. The Overgrown Forest 03:37:00
By: Wolfslayer24 XG7-TCC-2TF

12. World 3-3 03:42:15
By: Vegabomb91 LNL-YHG-84G

13. Golden Skies 03:56:30
By: SuperIga 2S0-HJR-JTF

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Haschel Cedricson posted:

This was supposed to be 2-1, but it may end up promoted to 2-3 or 2-4.

On A Wing Lift And A Prayer
DMK-B02-BHG

I really love how this stage was set up. You stuck to a theme very well and made surprisingly good use of stacked moving platforms.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Maxxim posted:

...Critiques and thoughts

Thanks for this, and for playing! As it turns out, I have not been planning or anything so my Super World is all over the place. Oops..

Anyway, here are two more things to possibly enjoy!

DC3-3K7-NSG - Why Do the Donuts Blink? Athleticish platforming with donuts and flying mechakoopas.
XWW-3ST-0PF - Wendy's World More donuts and platforming, a few secrets, and a boss fight with Wendy! Wow, so exciting!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Matlack Radio posted:

This one isn't working for me, friend.

poo poo. I'm dumb.

Ghosts in Galoomba Gardens
F2V-CJF-9SG

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hey goons, made me another level, which makes, err, two.

High Winds! Be Careful Out There
QQG-R3P-YVG

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Look sharp, it's

Pointy Palace
2LP-KFQ-B4G

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

DorianGravy posted:

These are great! I just beat the ghost house in World 1 (somehow?), but now I'm fairly confused. What just happened? I feel like the pipe in the dark room led me several different places. Were there actually a lot of dark rooms which just looked the same?

Okay I hesitate to spoil it on here, but yeah I did that. Look for the tiny mushroom next to the door on the right side, it tells you which is the correct room.

I put that level early on in my world because MORE OF YOU NEED TO PLAY IT. And because Nintendo wasn't afraid to put weird levels like that early on in Mario World.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

tonberi posted:

XWW-3ST-0PF - Wendy's World
First clear! Woop! Woop!
The bouncy house end fight was chaotic fun. Wendy was the perfect boss to put in there. More importantly, the little path across the top where you smoosh inbetween donuts made Mario do a little dance. Great job.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it possible to have enemies come out of a pipe and click directly on a track in front of it?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Doubtful. Not by my switch to try it out rn, but may be possible if you set it to an open track by the pipe exit.

Edit: Just tried it out and no, doesn't seem like it works.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 14, 2020

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I got partway through a level inspired by the Forest Secret Area in SMW only to discover that the autoscroll can only change speeds/directions 10 times.

Wish I'd discovered that before I did all that work.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

dog nougat posted:

Doubtful. Not by my switch to try it out rn, but may be possible if you set it to an open track by the pipe exit.

Edit: Just tried it out and no, doesn't seem like it works.

Aww :(

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

A possible workaround would be a cannon that shoots out enemies, not quite the same though.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

dog nougat posted:

A possible workaround would be a cannon that shoots out enemies, not quite the same though.

I need enemies who die to respawn back on the track.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Here's a boss battle level in working on.

09K-Y96-1SG

I wish there was a way you could have enemies respawn on the track after jumping on them. Makes the level too easy I think.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A small feature that would help tremendously would be a 'hide played levels' toggle in the main Course World menu.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Build a tower to the heavens in:

Construction Site Conspiracy
87L-CC6-WPF

Find all the trampolines and stack them in the middle if my instructions are too obtuse.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Buzzy Beetles' Big Break - 09R-NP5-SKG
It's mating season! Beware, plants also hitch rides on these randy buzzies.

A Super Mario Bros 3 level that was, in part, inspired by the non-existent level on the back of the NA box art that I, as a kid, tried to find in vain. It's a vanilla+ level, as it uses some elements not native to SMB3, but otherwise a standard, World 5 level difficulty level.

My playtime has plummeted thanks to Animal Crossing, of course.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, what kind of voodoo magic is used for those 'control the mushroom' levels?

A) How does Mario not die going off screen like that?
2) what makes the mushroom jump when you do?
D) how did anyone figure this out?!

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Okay I hesitate to spoil it on here, but yeah I did that. Look for the tiny mushroom next to the door on the right side, it tells you which is the correct room.

I put that level early on in my world because MORE OF YOU NEED TO PLAY IT. And because Nintendo wasn't afraid to put weird levels like that early on in Mario World.

Cool. I missed that clue, but I eventually made my way through. Really neat gimmick, and appropriate for a ghost house. I wonder if it's going to stop a lot of players, though. If you open up your world, do you have an especially high number of Ninjis on that level in the world map? As far as I understand, those let you know where people stopped playing. If I lot of people stopped playing there, you may want to consider moving it to a later world. That deletes everyone's saves for your world, though, so they'll have to start over, so maybe only do it if you have other changes in mind.

Anyway, I just beat your World 6, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I like your preference for SMB3 levels. In World 6, Plumber's Delight was a joy (and a little stressful, especially that chain chomp!), and the World 6 airship was really well designed too. Nice work!

Edit: For anyone else who wants to play this neat world, the code is Q78-4BK-84G.

Edit 2: I finished your world! Really good stuff, and the difficulty was just right: a little challenge in each level, but nothing to slow you down too much. The night airship (second to last level, I think) was one of my favorites. I thought there was good variety all throughout the different worlds, and most of the levels had distinctive atmospheres and fun challenges. The final boss gave me a bit of trouble, but it was an appropriate ending. Cool stuff.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 15, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, what kind of voodoo magic is used for those 'control the mushroom' levels?

A) How does Mario not die going off screen like that?
2) what makes the mushroom jump when you do?
D) how did anyone figure this out?!

A) Scroll enough not to kill. Notice how you don't instantly die the second you are off-screen in a vertical scrolling level.
2) A feature of the night theme.
D) Testing, trying. This one people probably checked for, knowing how other powerups act at night.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Construction Site Conspiracy
87L-CC6-WPF

This was a cool level and I liked it a lot!

I made a level that wears many hats. It has some standard Mario fare, some underwater exploration, and ends with a platforming challenge:

Poltergeist Plumbing
VG5-1CD-QLF

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Prowler posted:

A) Scroll enough not to kill. Notice how you don't instantly die the second you are off-screen in a vertical scrolling level.
2) A feature of the night theme.
D) Testing, trying. This one people probably checked for, knowing how other powerups act at night.

Yeah the stuff that baffles me if the machine to safely move the player, but then I remember when you are editing obviously you can see that and turn the scroll on and off

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

1. Windswept Walk
By: Gnome Enthusiast 288-7GV-LLF

2. Wendy's World
By: Tonberi XWW-3ST-0PF

3. Ghosts in Galoomba Gardens
By: Dog Nougat F2V-CJF-9SG

4. High Winds! Be Careful Out There
By: Doctor Fruitbat QQG-R3P-YVG

5. Pointy Palace
By: Suspicious Cook 2LP-KFQ-B4G

6. Matlack's Level
By: Matlack Radio YXY-SQQ-PLG

7. Punk Rebel Eck's Level
By: Punk Rebel Ecks 09K-Y96-1SG

8. Buzzy Beetles' Big Break
By: Prowler 09R-NP5-SKG

9. Poltergeist Plumbing
By: Darth Nat VG5-1CD-QLF

10. Snowball Blur
By: ThisIsACoolGuy KLP-TB1-94G

11. Propping with Mr. Thwomp
By: Phantasium 0D6-PQD-CTG

12. Lower G Larceny:
By: And More KQM-7Q3-FYG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live! Here! https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Thanks for playing my level. Do your ears get swampy and cramped after wearing headphones for hours?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Matlack Radio posted:

Thanks for playing my level. Do your ears get swampy and cramped after wearing headphones for hours?

You didn't ask me but no.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Sorry I didn't join today.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed my level.

Well I am proud that it is chaotic and fun enough, I'm not satisfied with the difficulty. 20% clear rate is too high. I want 5 to 8% like my other two boss battle levels. I'm not sure how to keep the fun and not turn it into frustration while turning up the difficulty. I was trying to figure out how to respawn enemies the player has killed on the track back on the track but can't find how to make things work.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Thanks for playing my level! I wound up showing up really late and not in time to watch most of the stream, but I did lurk for a short while.

Edit: And I agree, the clear rate should be much higher!

Prowler fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Finished up two more of the SMV bonus levels! The levels are meant to play like traditional Mario levels, and more secrets are accessible if you manage to keep your power-ups. Also, I know that everyone LOVES water stages, so I'll save you some disappointment by letting you know that these stages have mixed platform and swimming elements.

Sunken Saguaros
JTH-4L0-KHG

This is probably one of the more difficult levels I've created, so be warned. Once I saw the Pokey effect in darkness, I knew I had to build a level that took advantage of it.

Sewer Surge
G83-DW5-MCG

An SM3 level with water? You can probably guess which power-up is featured in this stage! There's an autoscroll portion in this, hopefully the water level matches it pretty well and creates interesting challenges.

Enjoy, and thanks for the feedback so far!